WaistAways - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    a strange weekend here somehow, eating not so great but I got a good march through the woods today...good for the soul. I somehow hit the chart as a mention for March 1st week but @jugar, I'm sitting on the sidelines this month as I sort my recent yoyo-ing out.
    Spring weather in the forecast for this week - very energizing...getting garden chores done will burn some calories for sure.
  • MzBossy
    MzBossy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @jugar thank you! I got past that craving. It was only day 2 that happened all other days I have been fine. I did not give in 🙌🏾.

I didn’t weigh myself back in February so I’ll just keep the 175 as my starting weight. Thank you for asking.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,157 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    I somehow hit the chart as a mention for March 1st week but @jugar, I'm sitting on the sidelines this month as I sort my recent yoyo-ing out.
    Aha! I thought you had been on the sidelines last month and came back this month. I get confused :grimace: Still, you have to admit you were good for our team stats this week! I'll move you down to support now, quick before I get mixed up again.
  • jugar
    Options
    @sunny9847
    I think your post about a party and some wild eating was the first time you have not simply hit all your goals every day - I hope you had a wonderful time. You are so disciplined!
  • jugar
    Options
    Steps and Workouts
    Sun 15,552
    Mon 10,612
    30 min Barre
    Tues 12,706
    Wed 8,078
    Thurs 5,619
    Fri 5,864
    Sat 10,630
    30 min intervals

Hi Kelly! Earlier in the week you had reported that you did 30 minutes of AAA (arms abs *kitten) on Sunday. I put that in, but just wanted to confirm since you did not mention it here.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- CONSISTENCY 102

This is a continuation of March week 1...
    It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826865/march-2021-week-2-challenge-consistency-102#latest
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in
    DD265
    CW 85.3

It's not as low as I had been last week (before that McDonalds, ahem) but still green. :smile:
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    So I have to vent...

Saturday when I went to work, my husband took the car, so he just dropped me off at work... Well that new girl didn't come in, although she said she was there at 9, and kept checking back to see if a car was there, but not once did she knock on the door or bother to call the office.... Anyway, the owner sent me this long text that she had sent him, about how I was an important piece for her to be successful there... Umm I don't want to be that.. He was supposed to hire someone who could just pick it up and run, it's pretty obvious he didn't and is expecting me to help guide her... I am so over this... I don't know why I let it bother me, but it does. If it was reversed he wouldn't be helping me out...

Anyway, no exercise this morning, but I did do a nice long meditation about grace...

Have a good day.
  • eggfreak
    Options
    So I have to vent...

Saturday when I went to work, my husband took the car, so he just dropped me off at work... Well that new girl didn't come in, although she said she was there at 9, and kept checking back to see if a car was there, but not once did she knock on the door or bother to call the office.... Anyway, the owner sent me this long text that she had sent him, about how I was an important piece for her to be successful there... Umm I don't want to be that.. He was supposed to hire someone who could just pick it up and run, it's pretty obvious he didn't and is expecting me to help guide her... I am so over this... I don't know why I let it bother me, but it does. If it was reversed he wouldn't be helping me out...

Anyway, no exercise this morning, but I did do a nice long meditation about grace...

Have a good day.

Yep, I would have called the office "anybody there??"

• eggfreak
    Options
    Monday morning on a week that I work from home - this has been challenging for me - today I'm going to try to beat it - eat only what&when I would eat if I had packed my lunch/snacks for the office. Will try to check in tonight to confirm I did it!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy that really sucks. I don't see that you owe them anything, so I'd tell them both to do one. It's not your problem to fix and it reads to me like he's taking advantage of you.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Solution!
    My wonderful sister @EvMakesChanges (Evelyn) will help me out with the exercise minutes being converted into steps enterprise. She will collect them and I'll put them in the spreadsheet, so hopefully that will make it painless all around.

Just a reminder for anyone who is on the step/exercise team and wants to supplement their "plain" steps with some other forms of exercise - please report how many minutes, what the exercise was, and the speed/intensity level. If you are running, it is not helpful to tell the distance alone. Please say how many minutes and around what speed. This can be in minutes per mile/km, words like jogging or sprinting, etc. Bicycling also - around how many miles/km per hour, or how out of breath and sweaty you got. Thanks!

Hi! I'm looking forward to working with you all and helping Liselyn recuperate. Since the border is still closed and I can't come across any time I'd like to physically help, this will have to suffice for the month.
    More soon.
    Have a great Monday.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    So I have to vent...

Have a good day.

Just my two cents, but Vikki I think you have gone above and beyond to help your old boss out. Time for him to earn the big boss pay. You have a new job and your own life and well-being that you need to focus on. My vote is that you are done trying to train anyone. Enjoy your new job and your open weekends to do what YOU want to do. Hugs!
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Monday! Woke up and went out on my screened porch to soak in the sunlight and feel the chill. I have been going on with no coat or shoes to take it all in. Maybe weird, but I am enjoying it. Do a few stretches and rolldowns. Then, put dishes away while I made my coffee. Then did my lovely Pilates. Such a nice wake up routine.

Yay! to Evelyn for helping out with the step translations. I will try to get this week's step report up shortly so if you are missing steps, please get them in asap. Thanks for all the steps already reported.

@sunny9847 I need 3/1 from you
    @pearl466 I missing Fri and Sat but I think you are injured and taking a break
    @riagalgate 2/28, 3/4, 3/5, 3/6

@kiay131982 all week
    @evangsimmons170 all week
    @fuschiabolero all week
    @CurvyCalorie all week

I will check back later and do the report this evening. Thanks!
  • micki48
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Monday morning on a week that I work from home - this has been challenging for me - today I'm going to try to beat it - eat only what&when I would eat if I had packed my lunch/snacks for the office. Will try to check in tonight to confirm I did it!

Sounds like a great plan! And don't forget lots of water in between and those steps to the bathroom that go with it. It's important to get up and move. :)

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Oh, walking outside with no coat, socks, or shoes? Wow! That says "warm climate" all over it. Well, I *could* do that but I'd have frostbite within a few minutes! We still have a few feet on the ground and will likely still have some in late April/early May. It's a short, short summer season here in Vermont (and further north).
    The numbers I'm working on this week are:
    *3 Mason/Ball jars (72 fl oz) water/day
    *2 cups of tea sans sugar/day
    *1 hour of reading/day

Off to do some reading now then onwards to Winooski to help Emily move a desk. Muscle work - yay!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Today is shot, our favorite supplier sent us US girl guide cookies. Man, Americans have no idea how good they got it compared to Canada lol.

Having nostalgia for the days we lived close to the border so we'd pop over for groceries.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is shot, our favorite supplier sent us US girl guide cookies. Man, Americans have no idea how good they got it compared to Canada lol.

Having nostalgia for the days we lived close to the border so we'd pop over for groceries.

ah well - you aren't missing anything these days anyhow. I live near the border and have not been across it for a year now! We can't even pick up our mail from our US post office box. Lucky you getting those cookies!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 yes I did my back in and trying to take it easy. I have walked but did not track as I did not want to feel pressure to add steps (mind games I know). The pain was pretty bad.
    Much better now, hopefully back to working out tomorrow. Still aching but bearable now.
    Very out of character for me, I've no idea what happened.
This discussion has been closed.