Replies

• sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,227
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @jugar love the stroller pic! Once when I was running a marathon at mile 22 or so I wanted to walk and was barely moving when a man who had to be in his 70's trotted happily by me and patted my back. He cheerfully said "You got this!" I was inspired and tried to catch him as he bounced away. He had to have finished miles ahead of me! :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Week 2 of March, everyone! We had a good week 1. 73.9% of those weighing in were in the green!! Nice work.

Weigh-ins due today:
    @YinxFed
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @Terytha
    @deniners2

Let's build on the momentum!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps for last week tlaowz2ngual.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

7zng9ek5s513.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    r8k5uw7w66ts.jpg
    akc4gx1bbs3w.png
    2r6wifikputs.png
    ccqd1ekdgszj.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    mgn6kqfnirq8.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    qhioviwxzpfm.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @mrscanmore 2.24 %
    2nd @eahrenee 2.15%
    3rd @Zumba_Luvah 2.09 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @eahrenee 4.4 Lbs
    2nd @dignow96 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @Mrscanmore 4.1 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @gillexplores
    @Beautyofdreams
    @Aetheldreda
    @Tazaria87
    @draby2011
    @angmarie28
    @machchic
    @happimess01

6xcaak2fdqld.png

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in -
    PW : 186
    CW : 187

Sorry friends! Back to yo-yoing again, I'm afraid. But I'm not too downhearted.

This past week I started my 25k Hike Training programme, so I am feeling really positive about being able to meet my goals for my charity walk in September. It feels good to be building up my distance walking and endurance. This lunchtime I walked 6 and a half kilometres at lunchtime in one and a half hours. Of course I need to build this up so that I'm ready for the 25k London Bridges Trek in September, but I'm confident. Other wins this week have been my other workouts - so other than the two walking days that I had last week, I also had three days of following the SELF Together Challenge. Fun!

@DD265 I feel truly humbled by your renovation efforts, and you have pushed me into getting my own refurbishment projects back up and running, so thank you! Next for me is transforming my son's old bedroom into a guest room / a filming studio for my online English classes.

My main goals for this week are to:

Drink 2 litres each day
    7 hours of sleep each night
    Reduce snacking (to every other day, to start)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Friends.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Here are my step & workout stats for last week

28th Feb - 9004
    1st Mar - 3600
    2nd Mar - 3373 / 10 mins Yoga / 26 mins Circuit Aerobics
    3rd Mar - 8827
    4th Mar - 5285 / 15 mins Yoga / 25 mins Circuit Aerobics
    5th Mar - 1843
    6th Mar - 3414 / 15 mins Yoga / 26 mins Circuit Aerobics
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Oh, then I sliced my thumb cutting a potato before the ride. What a Sunday...
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    Oh, then I sliced my thumb cutting a potato before the ride. What a Sunday...

This. I am actually chuckling. Who ever chuckles? Of course, not about you getting hurt, but about your way with the words. And that this one is a separate message. What a Sunday indeed! I am glad that you only got a bit of road rash, some aches, and a sliced thumb. Better quit while you're ahead and take a nap!
  • jugar
    Options
    Solution!
    My wonderful sister @EvMakesChanges (Evelyn) will help me out with the exercise minutes being converted into steps enterprise. She will collect them and I'll put them in the spreadsheet, so hopefully that will make it painless all around.

Just a reminder for anyone who is on the step/exercise team and wants to supplement their "plain" steps with some other forms of exercise - please report how many minutes, what the exercise was, and the speed/intensity level. If you are running, it is not helpful to tell the distance alone. Please say how many minutes and around what speed. This can be in minutes per mile/km, words like jogging or sprinting, etc. Bicycling also - around how many miles/km per hour, or how out of breath and sweaty you got. Thanks!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps and Workouts
    Sun 15,552
    Mon 10,612
    30 min Barre
    Tues 12,706
    Wed 8,078
    Thurs 5,619
    Fri 5,864
    Sat 10,630
    30 min intervals

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed haha I see people doing so much more than we are... We've been in the house two years now and I feel like it's taken us a while to get into the flow so will endeavor to keep chipping away at it all. So many Pinterest boards (and favourite things on Etsy and NotOnTheHighStreet), so little time/money/space to do them all! My latest 'favourite thing' is these Beach Clean coasters and place mats, which are made from cork and recycled plastic pulled from the oceans. How cool is that?! Now I'm thinking about re-covering our dining chairs to complement them... it never ends. :D

I listened to a podcast this evening (Feel Better, Live More by Dr Rangan Chatterjee) for the first time in forever. When I had a long commute to work (so 2 years ago) I'd mostly listen to podcasts whilst driving the 1hr30+ each way, but now I'm working from home, or the drive to the office is ~10 minutes, I haven't been making the time. I'm aiming to listen to one a day next week and see if it's something I want to stick with - I find I can learn a lot - so if I go walking solo, or OH is busy on his computer, I will put one on.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @jugar

mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW:62.2 kg
    CW: 62.2 kg
    LTD 6.6 kg

47900 steps
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Got behind in the chat again! Way to go team on the most green % in the first week of March!!

My poor eating recovered somewhat around Wed/Thurs but then Fri/Sat were not great again. Today was so-so.. some good things eaten, some bad. I did, however, resolve to reinstate my high school era practice of "The Sunday Long Run." Was never much of a fan when I *had* to be doing it on the cross country team, but now the time and length is all up to me. And the definition of "long" has certainly been adjusted. I did 4 miles straight today! That's the longest run I've managed without stopping since probably early December, I think. My 1-2 miles during the week have been going pretty well. I think mindset is really, really key for me. I need to focus my brain early in the day and resolve to do things. It seems to help. So now I'm at 11/23 miles for March. Woo!

( @jugar @EvMakesChanges for extra steps, this was 46 min, 11.5 min/mile) And then I walked the additional 2.5 miles back home, as my 4 mile path was designed to get me to a nature conservation that I haven't been to before, and it only partially looped back in the right direction.

I've got easy meals for this week - defrosted some homemade breaded chicken cutlets, and I'll be making some basic roasted pearl onions to go with them. My friend whose yoga class I take on Thursdays designed a "march madness" workout challenge that I'm going to try (not related to the bball games, just to try all 8 of the workouts she put on her instagram page and then we followers will vote in bracket-style at the end of the month for our favorites). I'll do 2 of those this week, plus her Thursday class and my Wednesday instagram live workout. I am mostly talking to my own brain at this point of the post, than all of you - follow through!

@micki48 steps for this week!

4qk446345u28.png

At least I am consistent with those. Imagine where I'd be if I could stay under my calorie goal just as often. Hm hm hm.
This discussion has been closed.