Yay :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Guys, I did it! hopefully it stays this way:
    CW: 198.4
    PW: 200.2
    LTD: 45.6 Lbs

I've gotten used to the reduced calories (1300) and I'm in a routine of controlled portions for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. If I could only tame down my weekend dinner and red wine over-indulgences I'd get to goal in no time, but the point for me is sustainable and baby steps otherwise as soon as I stop tracking I'll rebound faster than ever (been there - done THAT!) So Saturday night I probably have a few too many extra scoops of mashed potatoes, but it's all about balance! I don't feel deprived and I probably won't until Sangria Season arrives. That will be the true test! My favourite thing last summer was floating on my boat or an inflatable tube with my Sangria and a book. That's how I got to my starting weight last August. If anyone has low-calorie sangria recipes, pass them my way!!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yippee! So proud of you. You must be so happy. Keep up the good work. And yes on the Sangria light. Sounds delicious. I’ll keep my eye open.
  • micki48
    Options
    How it get to be to be Wednesday?! Slow going this morning. Still need to do my Pilates. I spent some good time working in my garden cleaning things up and planting omelet new plants yesterday. Silly me. I did this after having my first mani/pedi in over a year. It’s ok. Mainly needed cuticles cleaned up on my hands and i wear gloves.

Trying to help my son brainstorm a move for next week. He called a moving company, at my suggestion, And they wanted over $3,000 to move a sparse 1 bedroom apt. 200 miles. Yikes. seems so high.

Have a great day everyone And welcome to our new members. 🙂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way.....Please welcome @Mandylimbu :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    @Mandylimbu
    Cool! Another Mandy! It will be fun having two B) Welcome aboard - please let us know about you, and dive right in. Soon, you will meet the other one!

We will have quite a few new people coming in - I hope you all spend some great time with us and build the kind of habits and health you need and deserve. We're all in this together :heart:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    @jugar yes, please exclude me again this week! trying to be on top of things for next Tuesday (is it already going to be April's first week????)

@micki48
    sorry late on steps yet again:

3g0tw412all1.png
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi. I m Lori. I signed up for April. I started keto in the end of Jan and that is going well although i end up eating the same things and it gets a little boring. Not much of a cook but I have tried some baking. Luckily my husband makes dinner
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12216
  • jugar
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Hi. I m Lori. I signed up for April. I started keto in the end of Jan and that is going well although i end up eating the same things and it gets a little boring. Not much of a cook but I have tried some baking. Luckily my husband makes dinner

Hi Lori - lucky you with a husband who makes dinner! It is always tricky to balance good old predictable food (where it is easy to track your foods, know what to expect, and keep it under control, but it's, well, boring) with interesting new foods (where it is easy to go off plan, or overboard, or find things you really don't like). I hope the gang here can help you find some inspiration to get in there and try your hand at a few dishes. I'm a big one for eating the same basic recipe every day but varying the sauce or flavour elements - a skillet full of vegetables and whatever protein or legumes, and then toss on pesto, soy/ginger, herbs, curry, etc. There are others in here doing keto or similar plans as well, so I imagine you'll find some buddies. In any case, welcome!

It had an amusing appointment this morning - the surgeon who removed my hematoma six weeks ago finally was to see how it is doing. I got there on time, and waited, and waited... the nurse came out and told the few of us who were waiting that the doctor had not arrived and they were trying to reach him without success. Another 20 minutes later she told us he would be there in 15 minutes. I was the first appointment, so I went into the exam room and after another bit of a wait, in he strolled looking like he had just stepped off the ski slopes. Well he had! He got the days mixed up after several schedule changes, and had thought he had the morning off to go skiing. He looked downright dashing, if rather embarrassed. It made a nice change from tired old scrubs or boring doctor dark trousers and white shirt. In any case, I still have a lot of inflammation and have to be patient. Hmmph. But at least I can do any kind of exercise, pressure won't do any harm, and gradually over the next weeks or months the pain and swelling should subside. I will be able to get back on my horse one of these days! It still hurts a bit too much, but soon, I hope. So it is time to work up the exercise routines again - they have rather fallen off lately... :grimace:

Sorry for the long story!

HEADS UP for Thursday weigh-ins:
    @conleywoods
    @kalaki6145 and @ashleycarole86 - you are new, but if you want to submit your Thursday weight, then your starting weight for April will be the most up-to-date. Thanks!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am so sorry, but I am not going to be able to weigh in until Friday. I am sorry for the delay.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder @jugar ... I was thinking the same otherwise my week 1 results would be unfairly skewed.

Start weight for April - 268.8
  • jugar
    Options
    ellz_runs wrote: »
    Good morning everyone 😊

@jugar and the team 😍

Can I please come back and play in April 🥺 please have me back 🙏 I promise I will not stray again 🤭 and I think I've lost a little bit of weight since last time, too 😁

Have a lovely day everyone 🥰
    Of course you can come back and play! We hope to have you around more and getting back to your usual energy. Do you want to keep your Friday weigh-in day? If so, give us an update tomorrow and you'll be ready to roll. Yay!
    @jugar I am so sorry, but I am not going to be able to weigh in until Friday. I am sorry for the delay.
    No sorrys needed! A delay is always possible.

So happy Thursday, all! Things are warm and lovely here for the last day for a while, so I'm going to try to find somewhere not too muddy to walk. Have a good one!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @jugar my start weight for April will be 227.0
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Putting on pants that I last wore to the office before we returned to working from home and finding they fit much more comfortably than before.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    PW - 237 lbs
    CW - 235.5 lbs
    LTD - 126 lbs
  • micki48
    Options
    ellz_runs wrote: »
    Good morning everyone 😊

@jugar and the team 😍

Can I please come back and play in April 🥺 please have me back 🙏 I promise I will not stray again 🤭 and I think I've lost a little bit of weight since last time, too 😁

Have a lovely day everyone 🥰

We are happy to have you back and yay for some weight loss too.
This discussion has been closed.