• sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12724
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I had a lovely NSV (non-scale victory) today. Since last April 10th, I have not been able to do many of the Pilates exercises that are part of the workouts I was doing every day. Due to an injury on my left buttock, there were NO roll-ups, no rolling like a ball, no open leg rocker, and only limited exercises lying on my back. I still kept up doing Pilates as much as I could, sticking to more standing work and more downward facing exercises. Yesterday the surgeon told me that even though the site is still quite swollen, there is absolutely no danger now to put as much pressure on it as I want to (or can stand!). Today, almost a year since falling on the danged thing, I did a full Pilates workout including some of those rolls and stuff. It wasn't perfect, but I feel somewhat less lopsided, and very happy to be able to roll over it. Progress!

What have been your NSVs this week, or month? What others might you be looking forward to?

@jugar Wahoo! Good for you and sooo so happy for you to feel more and more like yourself. Today's Pilates was hard too it that's the one you did. I struggled, but finished.

My NSV this week has been wearing a pair of old jeans. They seemed super comfortable at first. Oh so roomy and no tightness or love handle squeezing. By the end of the day, they were falling off my butt. As much as they were comfy-ish, they are just too big to wear.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thursday night already. Geez! Who's in charge of this calendar, anyway? Oh, right. I am. Well, it was a lovely day - a bit overcast in the morning but then the sun was out for a while and I got 2 walks in. They were both on the short side but considering how much my butt and upper thighs were complaining, I'd say the pace was pretty good.
    @jugar I'm taking this week off for weighing in. I've got to get new batts for my scale (or replace it - not sure which, yet). I'll be heading up to Winooski tomorrow to help Emily through the first of her vaccinations just in case she has any untoward reactions. One of her friends made her promise to have me stay overnight - she worries that the Pulmonary embolism she got when 25-yr-old won't be repeated with the vaccine. All should be well. I *am* glad, though, that the hospital is very closeby...one can't be too careful with blood clots. Nasty things.
    I've been terrible about logging my foods for the past week or so. I'll work on that this weekend. My food choices have improved and I'm more interested in salads than heavier winter dinners, which helps inspire me to walk more, etc. All in all, life is moving right along.
    Soon, Monica and I will eat according to the low-FODMAP diet so we can assess our respective digestion issues. It'll be a nice change to have "happy guts"!
    Happy Friday, y'all.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    Forgot to wear my tracker again, sorry!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Friday
    PW-158.4
    CW-159.6

Little bit of a gain. I’m not gonna stress about it though I have plenty of other things to stress about right now. However it is friYAY!!!!! So let’s at least celebrate that. We had some pretty crazy storms last night so my kids don’t have school today. We almost had a tornado 🌪 last night (I say almost because it didn’t officially touch down but it still came with plenty of damage and it was def on the radar so we where all prepared thank gosh!. So I will have a weekend of work ahead of me! Well y’all hope you have a great weekend and again happy Friday y’all!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 151
    CW 152.4

Dear scale, I don't like you. While my food choices weren't perfect, they weren't horrible. Last Friday, I only ate 400 calories because I was sick in bed. Sat and Sun were carb heavy, but not super high on calories. I went to a brewery on Tues and had street tacos, which didn't have cheese and corn tortillas weren't fried. I also had grilled chicken and veggies for dinner that night so it did balance.

I really wanted to be green all month. I never have before and felt like this was my month. Oh, well.

Welcome back, @conleywoods

@SMcFall0215 we don't get tornados but we had horrible winds the other night. We had stuff blown all over our yard and the neighbors. No fun.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Friday already!
    I forgot to do my nightly nagging last night, but you Friday people are on the ball. Only a couple left to come in today -
    @healthygirlintransit
    @Steph1498

I am back up to my pre-surgery normal weight, and I'm excited to be able to up my exercise. It is really interesting reading about the reverse diet, @conleywoods . I don't do well with high protein and fat, so I know it isn't for me, but it is always good to experiment when we are stuck. There are a lot of choices and one of them is bound to work! Good luck with the low FODMAP @EvMakesChanges - digestion things are a terrible drag. For me, they happen when I get too much protein, not enough fibre, and/or too much fat (even the "healthy" kind :frowning: ). For others it seems to be the opposite. I am glad not to have much of a FODMAP problem, though - eliminating beans, nuts, and some of the fruits I eat all the time would leave me very sad. I hope it gives you lots of information, though - keep us posted.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @oshrat117 :)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Team!

I can't believe @micki48 that I haven't given you my weekly stats for my steps and exercise in at least more than a week!

Well last week was a tough one for me - but I did exercise AND walk! Never mind, I will give you the past 7 days at the same time that I submit my weigh in on Sunday.

So sorry!

Y x
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

This week has been a bit quieter, and the sun is shining which is helping. The clocks go forward an hour this weekend which means lighter evenings and it always makes such a difference.

Went for a run last night and realised I could include a sub-40min 5k if I put my foot down, so I threw in a sprint. Glad to see I still have a lot of power (and I'm not sure where it came from tbh, I haven't lifted weights in forever!) even if I couldn't sustain for too long. Will be sorting the garage out starting next weekend, and whilst I don't want to go straight in with the bar, I'll be upping the resistance band training in preparation. I don't think I'm quite ready to lift yet - need to increase my core strength and make sure I'm safe to lift with the glute issues I've been having.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a question. I signed up for April with a Friday weigh-in. Do I weigh myself today? I posted my weight the day I signed up but was a couple of days ago
  • jugar
    Options
    @oshrat117
    Welcome aboard! We look forward to getting to know you - tell us a bit about yourself, and ask any questions you might have.
  • jugar
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Hi. I have a question. I signed up for April with a Friday weigh-in. Do I weigh myself today? I posted my weight the day I signed up but was a couple of days ago
    You are welcome to give an updated weight today - that will be your official starting weight, and then next Friday we'll see how your first week went!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @gak71 :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lorib642
    Fri 3/26
    CW: 164.8
    PW: 166.3
  • jugar
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @gak71 :)

Welcome @gak71
    It is fun to have a group of new members, and also a challenge to get to know each other! Please be sure to introduce yourself and dive right in to the team. The April team chat thread will be set up later tonight, and we'll all migrate there, but for now - go ahead and post here.

For all the new people, if you are wondering why your weigh-in posts get an "insightful" reaction, that is just our way of noting that the information has been added to the spreadsheet. So no, weigh-ins and step counts are not particularly "insightful" but it sure makes it easier to remember whether it has been recorded or not!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12403
  • jugar
    Options
    It's time for last weigh-ins of the week and month! April starts early here in F2F...

Get all these in by end of day tomorrow and we'll be flying through the tallies on Sunday morning:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

@ellz_runs
    please post a starting weight based on today and you'll be set to go for April. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.