Mission Slimpossible - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I did! I had a good day. I hope your biopsy went okay and it wasn't as painful as you thought.

@leonadixon That was a good idea to move your bike in front of the TV. Well done on using the bike yesterday morning!

@Cornanda LOL about the chex mix on the toilet! I hope you have a good time with your inlaws. Enjoy your birthday, happy birthday early! :) Good for you for putting your foot down for your health.

@TeresaW1020 I think moderation is a good plan, it's reasonable and not too restrictive.

@TwistedSassette I wish I could do Body Pump, it's something I really like, but I just can't. :( Yeah DOMS are not fun lol. I did stay out of the vending machines! That birthday cake looks delicious! I bet it was worth it. ;) Congrats on the loss and getting back on track.

Hi all. Yesterday was a busy day and I managed to stay out of the vending machines. My back is really stiff and aching so I hope I don't comfort eat today. I'm bringing snacks so if I do eat, I will eat my snacks.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I did 15 minutes again today on the bike. Having my spinach in a smoothie today. Baby steps! Have a good day all.... :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@TwistedSassette That is one beautiful chocolate cake!! I’m glad that your hubby enjoyed his birthday. Maybe you can freeze part of the cake, so you aren’t eating it all at once? I’m glad that you are liking the challenge and yayyy for seeing the lower number on the scale! 40 human hearts is fantastic!!! <3:grin:

@trooworld Yayyy for staying out of the vending machines! Oh, what do you think you did to your back? :/

@leonadixon You are doing great! B)

Hi Team! Today was a pretty good day. I went to work and then came home and watched the taped Zoom 5-day crush my cravings challenge. Today, was all about foods and what to eat and not eat. These people are low carb, so it was all very basic information that I already know, but still a good refresher. I like mostly how they really stress eating whole, real nutrient-dense foods and eliminating the foods that don’t work for your particular body. I have been also researching the high protein, low-carb low-fat diet. It’s meant to be very temporary and if I do it will only be two or three days a week. But from what I’ve read it can really speed up weight loss and I need something to get moving again. :)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 128.5kg
    CW: 127.2kg
    LTD: 11.3kg
    LTW: 1.3kg
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope your back is feeling better. Maybe some nice gentle yoga would help relieve the stiffness?

@leonadixon Wahoo! Good for you!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. Freezing the cake might be a good idea! I meant to bring some in to share with coworkers today but I forgot. Will definitely send some home with my Mum to give to my Dad and brother. They'll love it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another day ticked off in the "Do this not that" challenge! I did not have enough steps so I stayed up a little past my bedtime to do some walking in front of the TV to get myself *just* over my target. Not ideal, but worth it. Especially since I had not done any exercise by then, and we had pizza for dinner. BUT I remembered to employ some tricks I learned here and didn't overeat the pizza! I tried eating the parts that I like most first, and that was good (though didn't stop me eating the whole slice). I also served less on my plate and when it was empty, I didn't go back for more. Usually after pizza the scale jumps up from sodium-related water retention but not this time! It actually went down further today!

Which brings me to my next good news: a number on the scale that I haven't seen for a few years and that makes me very happy! Today I officially hit 25 lbs lost (not that I measure in lbs but I still count it as a milestone)!! Feeling good about this week and knowing that I am doing what my body needs.

Today I have a few challenges ahead of me, but I already have a plan. I will be eating out for the whole day - a coworker has brought us all bacon & egg rolls for breakfast (I don't usually eat breakfast so this is a challenge in itself); Fridays at work mean takeaway for lunch; and I have a farewell dinner tonight at a Chinese restaurant, for a friend who is sadly moving back to Ireland for a while. So I have already decided what I am eating today, and logged it as well as decided what drinks I'll have which keeps my calories low. I think I can stick to this plan, because I'm not planning to deprive myself while everyone else indulges. I'll be indulging, just more carefully. I don't plan to eat the whole plate served for dinner - I might even ask for a takeaway container to put some in at the beginning. It also helps that I have my diary set up to allow fewer calories during the week so I can indulge a little more on the weekends - it makes me feel like I can be more flexible which is always a good thing!

This weekend will be quite busy as well. I am volunteering as timekeeper for my local Parkrun tomorrow morning, and in the afternoon we have a birthday party for one of the toddler's friends. Sunday will be rest & recovery and housework galore, I am sure! I'll try to check in over the weekend but if I don't make it back here, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    az4z3hp1yj4u.png
    Goals for April:
    8xl8fjep7nl1.png
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW: 240.9
    CW: 237.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    SW: 248
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 219.6
    LTD: 28.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @leonadixon Great work!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. I don't think I did anything to my back, I think it might be the weather change or just for no good reason at all. :( That's interesting about the high protein / low carb / low fat diet. I hope it works for you.

@TwistedSassette Congrats on the loss and 25 lbs down! That's fantastic. You've been working so hard, you deserve it! Thanks re: my back. I think some gentle yoga would definitely help, I'll try to do some this morning. That's great about the pizza. Pizza makes my scale jump up, too. It's good yours didn't today. That was a good idea to decide ahead of time what you are going to eat and pre-track it. Enjoy your weekend!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn't get into the vending machines and I was on my feet for most of the day. This morning, I lost 2 lbs so I'm almost back to my weight 2 weeks ago. My back is better but still stiff and painful and my legs are aching. Not sure what that is about but I'll take some ibuprofen and do some yoga and see if that helps.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

hw465zdnpvk2.png
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Team! This is a quick pop-in before I have to head over to church. I had a good day and did a double workout this morning and then a bunch of this and that around the house. Today was day three of the 5-day crush your craving challenge and the Zoom called kind of depressed me because the speakers spoke like I would have to give up sugar for the rest of my life and I just don’t want to do that. I really prefer to be able to learn to live in moderation. I learned how with alcohol and I do think I can learn to do the same with sugar and other refined carbs. I’ve been doing really well not counting the occasional slips. We shall see!! :)

@TeresaW1020 You're already living with sugar in moderation. You say you have the occasional slip so what are you doing the rest of the time? My guess would be NOT consuming sugar. Your "moderation" might look different than someone else's so do what fits your life. You're good at tweaking things when they aren't working for you and losing 80 lbs was no walk in the park so I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how to literally have your cake and eat it too. 🍰

@Cornanda interesting epiphany. I'm sure many of us are guilty of letting healthy habits be the first thing to go when we get busy. Sounds like you're able to find joy in the chaos. Have a great weekend with the in-laws

@TwistedSassette that 25 lb loss was well earned. You've done some impressive planning. Nice loss this week.

@trooworld nice loss and great job staying away from the vending machines. That wouldn't be easy.

@leondixon you're so inspiring. Great job working around your veggie aversion and getting in some exercise

@Katmary71 I'm in awe of all the gardening you do while dealing with all of your health issues. I plant a few things, pull a few weeds and I'm sucked out. Gardening is not for wimps!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Well after over 2 months of no sugar I caved and ate chocolate. LOTS of chocolate. 😔 It went pretty much how I thought it would (almost). Someone offered me a chocolate covered licorice that she made especially for me. I ate it which led to having a taste of almost everything I haven't had in the last 2 months.

What I wasn't expecting is that by the time I got home I was over it. That's never happened to me before. Normally once I start back on sugar it's weeks or months before I can reign in it again. I brought home a bag of chocolate for the guys (something I'd been avoiding doing) and it wasn't overly appealing to me. I had a light low carb dinner, did 45 min of cardio and had a great sleep. I was up 2 lbs the next morning but half of that is already gone so no permanent damage.

I don't know if it was from the stretch of no sugar or the IF that helped but my sugar cravings have definitely diminished. Moving forward I will still be avoiding sugar and refined carbs but won't be as worried if I have the occasional indulgence as long as it doesn't become a habit again.

I didn't think about sleep until @raleighgirl09 posted about it. Lack of sleep has always been a huge sugar trigger for me and the night before my sugar binge I only slept 5 hrs. It might have helped if I had thought about it at the time but next time I'll be prepared.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and starts of May off strong

• eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried this cheesecake recipe?

https://www.thegratefulgirlcooks.com/freestyle-0-point-cheesecake/

I made this last night and have been waiting all day to have some! It smells amazing! and is only around 100 calories per slice

I have been killing it all week, making progress lifiting weights, getting more excersize and am down 5 pounds from my last weigh in so far - I am looking forward to weighing in Monday!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 165.3
    CW: 163.8

Phew - just read a whole week's worth of posts in one go, so no longer feel that I'm missing out :wink:
    The scale actually moved this week after a major stall. Work has slowed up a bit and I have been doing some extra exercise courtesy of a challenge I saw on an app, so I did manage my mini goal of making it under 165 by the end of April!

Welcome to the newbies.. I hope this group keeps you motivated - it certainly does for me :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in with random responses---

@GabiV125 - high five on smelling the lilacs instead of dealing with the teenager!

@TwistedSassette - congrats on 25!

@trooworld- nice loss!

@TeresaW1020 - I have a lot of confidence that you can figure out the sugar thing. And PS I love your counters!

@Jactop - hooray for your strength with the chocolate!

Happy Friday all!

Lisa
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I know I've been radio silent for the past couple weeks. My apologies. Hunter is doing much better after having a couple more sessions with her therapist. One of you asked about her fiance...she actually broke off the engagement because he was showing signs of mental abuse - trying to alienate her away from friends and family. She nipped it in the bud real quick.

Anyway, the depression hit me really hard the past couple weeks and it's been a huge struggle. I turned a corner a couple days ago...my mom's Birthday was the 28th and while we were spending the day together, out of the blue she said she wanted me to help her transition back to wfpb vegan (yay!). She's about 80 pounds overweight and she said it's been difficult moving around (especially with the healing femur fracture). That really motivated me to not only help her, but to make better choices for myself, too. Hunter said she wants to get back to wfpb, too. Having everyone on board makes quite a difference.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and good vibes. We'll see how much damage I have to reverse when I weigh in on Sunday :) Now that I think about it...I don't think I posted last Sunday's yet. I'll do that now...

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee - I’m not sure if I already posted this…so it might be a repeat. Sorry!

vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 197.8
    CW: 200.2
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Congratulations on reaching a great milestone of losing 25 lbs!! I love that you are facing a difficult day with food and that you are prepared for it. You have tracked your “planned indulgences” and now you can enjoy your day! Have a great weekend. :)

@davidji82 Congrats on having a great week! B)

@Trooworld Yayyy on the scale being down this week! Glad that the back is feeling a little better. Love that quote!! <3

@Jactop Thanks for that and you are correct. For the most part, I have learned to live in moderation. Most days, I’m fasting and eating on plan. And I think from reading your post that you are also learning to live in moderation and learning skills to self-regulate. You and I both might dive off into the sugar a little harder than we want to from time to time, but I really think the key is to know how to reign it back in and get back to what works best for us, which is the fasting and low carb eating. Look how amazing you did by not being overly tempted by the chocolate you brought home and you ate on plan and worked out. Yeah, your weight was up. That is water from the sugar and carbs, and you already know that it will flush out quickly. How great is it that you didn’t use that 2 lb. gain as a reason to beat yourself up and run to the chocolate to self-soothe? I feel we are both alike in that it makes us sad to think we would have to avoid sugar forever. So maybe by taking away the power it has over us we will get to choose when to indulge and when to not. Did that make sense? :grin:

@askewcr Welcome to the team!! I am so glad to have you join us. I completely agree that consistency is the key and by joining this challenge group you will find it much easier to remain consistent. I encourage you to jump in and make yourself at home. :)

@eahrenee When I was doing WW I made that cheesecake and it was very tasty! Wayyy to go with all your progress. :)

@gwamajtw91 Wahoooo looks at that amazing weigh-in you had!! Keep up the great work you are doing. B)

@Cornanda Yayyy on your loss this week! I am determined to figure me out that is for! :grin: Thanks! Do you think it’s wrong that I’m still hugging my countertops after a week? :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 Glad to see you checking in! <3

Hi Team! Today has been a very good day. I cleaned my church and then came home and did a bit of housework. This weekend is super busy and then on Monday, I have a hair appointment (Please Lord don’t let her cancel on me again!!) and then we are going to get our 2nd Covid shot. I’m not sure how the shot will affect us so I’m planning for the worst right now and hoping for the best. :grin:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, just a quick check-in, biopsy was fine, not fun but I'm on the other side. There was a chronic pain open house at a holistic clinic by my house so I went, I talked to the different practitioners and had a treatment by a nurse who specializes in CRPS and it actually helped, it was a machine that stimulates the vagus nerve. Their pet therapy dog followed me and licked me the whole time, they said she targets people that need the most help, should I be insulted?! They actually picked her up and moved her away from me and she ran back!

Have a good one!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 269
    CW: 269
    LTD: 31
This discussion has been closed.