Spring Into a New You (May 2021 Challenge)

Options

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m stuck in one of those dreams where you’re trying to run but can’t get anywhere. (My war with the scale) However, I woke up, challenged my assumption and ran 5k for a PR of 37:08 and am gonna tell the scale to .. well, not going to type that 😀
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The war with the scale is real...I do measurements as well as scale tracking...the measurements are at least something when the scale is being wonky!!!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Another good week with eating well and some activity. A little less than usual during the week as I was gearing up for camping. Scale is holding steady at 173 but hoping paddling and walking will give a boost there. All healthy low carb foods planned and packed. Took measurements in Nov and again in March with no change so will check those again in June.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    May 21-22

Cals carbs and exercise on point. Did a 6 mile hike yesterday and was not out of breath on the steep uphill parts. Hey, I take my victories where I can get them 😀😀
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Wasn't as active during our camping weekend as I would have liked but weather played a role. Thanks to great food planning, ate well except some black bean, corn salsa and chips a friend made. Did half my strength routine plus some gardening yesterday. More gardening this afternoon and spin class tomorrow morning are on my agenda.
  • Yarntales
    Yarntales Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the group. My focus is logging. I have logged 2 days.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Yarntales wrote: »
    New to the group. My focus is logging. I have logged 2 days.

Welcome!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    I am so excited to report that I am pain free ... I will start to walk again with my daughter and Aspen my husky on May 31st ... I just have to remember to take it slow and work up to where I left off (7-8 miles ) I do not want to re-injure myself and end up with a 3rd hernia surgery .... I will also be going back on Keto (I miss it and so does my waist ughhhh ) :) I hope everyone is doing good .... looking forward to coming back strong in June with you amazing people :D

So glad you are feeling better and happy you are taking it slow!

• tishsmith101
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 great news! Pain free is a liberating feeling.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    heading to the beach house tonight after work...my last chance to form good habits and start working out every day I am there...this is the goal, even if it's only stretching, working out is a must...and I have videos on the laptop I can do, so that would be a bonus!!!

measurements and weigh in today were good, slow but steady progress, looking forward to next month!!!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/25-5/26
    I’ve done well on calories the last couple of days but still need to get my protein a bit higher to my liking so I don’t feel hungry at random times of the day. I swear my body has hit its set point weight and is not changing. So I need to take it slow and be patient. Movement remains good so all I can do is make good choices and go from there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to report that I am pain free ... I will start to walk again with my daughter and Aspen my husky on May 31st ... I just have to remember to take it slow and work up to where I left off (7-8 miles ) I do not want to re-injure myself and end up with a 3rd hernia surgery .... I will also be going back on Keto (I miss it and so does my waist ughhhh ) :) I hope everyone is doing good .... looking forward to coming back strong in June with you amazing people :D

So glad you are feeling better and happy you are taking it slow!

Thank you so much @Ringbearer2 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 great news! Pain free is a liberating feeling.

Thank you @tishsmith101 :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off—sorry I haven’t posted. Everything has been on point with the exception of the half bottle of champagne I drank last night because.....we finally got vaxxed! Rollout in Germany has been suboptimal, and they just started using the J&J in private practices, no one here has heard of it so we jumped on it! So excited!

Congrats!!!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! In Japan, they might start mailing the vouchers need to get registered to get a shot in June for ages 60-64... so slow. J&J is not yet approved here. Snail's pace! Some expats are flying home to get their shots.