May, Time for fun in the sun. Enjoy it ladies

zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
Continue to do as you are. You are all such inspirations for me.

Shelley

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    And you are to me!! We've been together a long time, Shelley. :D<3
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    You ladies keep me going for sure...the struggle is real but will never give up! 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight: 248
    April ending weight: 185.2
    May goal weight 179.2
    Ultimate goal weight: 148

May 1: 185.2
    May 8:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May 31:

So May is my birthday month and I owe myself a wonderful gift. I’m giving myself the gift of the 170s. I have extra incentive as Ron and I are going on one of the trips we had to postpone because of Covid. We’re leaving for Mexico on June 1...that’s after my birthday but that’s okay. I’m so excited and a little nervous but we’re both fully vaccinated and the resort is booking at only 50% capacity. It will be wonderful to get away.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    <3<3 Thank you, all <3<3

paula
  • PaulaKro
    Highest weight: 317 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 135 (2021)
    May 31st goal weight: 148

April 30: 153.4
    May 1: 151.7
    May 3:
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:

Paula
  • cpanus
    Highest weight: 192.2 (2005)
    April ending weight: 147.4
    May goal weight 145.0
    Ultimate goal weight: 130

May 01: 147.8 at 7:00 a.m.
    May 03:
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:

I'm not sure what happened to me last month, but it CANNOT happen again. I was doing really well then BAM!!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris I know right?

Paula you rock

Kathy happy birthday month and glad you are going on Holiday. So fun

Chris I rode my bike. Pedaled like crazy and was going a little over 20 miles an hour. I need a helmet soon! And painting will be this winter. Will send photo tomorrow. I have it but it is on the phone

Shell
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sounds like you are going to have an awesome birthday month...how exciting!

Was listening to a weight loss podcast yesterday, and she spoke about "knowing your plan". So what is our plan to get to our May goal weight?

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 155
    4/12 - 168
    4/22 - 163.2
    5/1 -162.8
    April goal - 162
    May goal - 160

PLAN:
    1. limit alcohol to 1x a week
    2. Extend fasting where possible (aim for OMAD, but do 22 hours at least 3 days a week)
    3. Have a snack before or after my main meal, not both
    4. Weight training (I've been slacking!!!)

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Karen I need to follow my plan also. Good luck with yours.

Mine is less snacking. Don't eat late. Pretend tomorrow is a blood draw. ;) cut back on carbs.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Hi Karen,

The low carb and no alcohol plan is working for me right now. I've lost 33 Covid pounds with a few still to go. I should workout more. I'm probably losing muscle mass.
    I'm wondering about excess skin removal. Everything drapes and droops after losing 150-170 pounds. It's not too bad, but it'd be such a dream to get rid of it.
    • They say lose all your excess weight before surgery so you don't need it again if you lose more.
    • And older skin is thinner and tears more easily, so at 68, the window's closing.
    • With less Covid, cosmetic surgery is an option again. And I have time being retired and a little $$ my mom left me.
    • Afterwards I could get some cool tattoos to blend the scars. :p
    I equate "finding a partner = being attractive = being skinny". It's not accurate. But it's been drilled into me since childhood, so it's close to hardwired now.

So there's my motivator.
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Paula I have some skin under my face I want to get rid of. I say go for it. And don’t wait to lose all the weight you want to lose. We always have more we would want to lose.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited May 2021
  • cpanus
    edited May 2021
    I have neck skin that has always been there...Ronan loves to play with is cuz it's "so wiggly, Grandma." It filled up when I was fat and just waddles as I lose the weight.

Congrats, Paula on getting rid of the Covid33!! I still have at least 15 to go. Do what Shelley says, Paula, ^^^ go for the skin removal.

Nice bike, Shelley!! Are you going to paint it? And your sweatshirt is my brand!! Tillamook cheese and ice cream are the best!!! I love Rocky's stained glass window. That is so cool!

Karen, nice downward trend! I'll post my plan tomorrow when I weigh in.

Kathy, have a great Birthday Month!!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Nice bike, Shell!

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Chris we need to lose the neck fat. Playing with Grandma's skin cause it is "so wiggly" is ok for a small child. But I know inside I would be cringing. But there are worse things. But I have always wanted to get rid of it. And I would love to paint it. I went for an hour long ride on Saturday. I felt it between my shoulder blades. Must of been how I was holding onto the handlebars for dear life!!!!! And the sweatshirt was a gift from friends that have dairy cows and belong to the co-op. They send me cheese also. :p

Paula thanks, this is the first bike I have actually picked out and bought.

I posted a 20 minute HIIT workout with weights in our other thread. I need to look good on my bike!

Shell
  • KAR1959
    My plans include limiting snacks, low carbs, more strength training and of course letting you ladies keep me inspired.

Paula congrats on getting rid of that Covid weight I still have about 13 to go. I agree with Shelley go for it. I wish I could get rid of the loose skin under my arms. I hate these batwings as well as my jiggly thighs.

Shelly do happy you are enjoying your bike. Can’t wait until you paint it. Add bike riding to our list when we all finally get together. It would be so much fun!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited May 2021
    Highest weight: 192.2 (2005)
    April ending weight: 147.4
    May goal weight 144.0 Adjusted 05/03
    Ultimate goal weight: 130

May 01: 147.8 at 7:00 a.m.
    May 03: 145.6 at 5:30 a.m.
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:

I'm not sure what happened to me last month, but it CANNOT happen again. I was doing really well then BAM!!

Goals: IF at least 5 days a week. Walk 5 days a week. No PB and grams.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris I know how much you love them. Good luck giving them up.

Karen that is a wonderful idea. I bet we could find a place to rent some. If you were all closer I would bike to your house! Sounds like none of us like jiggly skin.

I had a better day today. Not eating anymore. Nice cuppa hot tea and done eating.

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    I found my next clam and bought it last night. I hope it survives the trip to my home. It is almost an inch in length now.

p5j4ddvpkpeu.png

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Your clam is beautiful, Shelley! How did it do on your trip home?

My goal plan starts today.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris that is the stock photo. It should be mailed today or tomorrow. I can't take such nice photos. Someday I will learn what equipment I need. My blue clam is still doing good. Now it will have company. :p

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    OMG, Shelley, Didn't realize they were so Beautiful!

paula
  • PaulaKro
    Kathy & Shell,

Bike riding is an excellent idea. Lots of rentals because we have amazing bike trails along the coastline. Fun fun fun!

Paula

wfglzhmdgkpd.png
  • kjs1228
    So cool Shelley!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Soooo....beautiful picture, Shelley!! ;) Has the real one been delivered yet???

I tried to talk everyone into a bike for me without gears...nobody listened. Got a bike with 3 speeds...hate it. Tried to give it away, but Pat said he wanted it. It is buried in the garage under huge boxes Ronan used to play in when he was little. Now I've decided I want a three-wheeler. Am I going to get one? bwahahahahah! I could order one on Amazon...I keep looking a them. Wonder if I can get the Bike Store to put it together and deliver it...hmmmm

Going to drink some more coffee and think about it. Back later.

Chris
  • KAR1959
    So my endocrinologist made a change to my diabetes meds 2 weeks ago and I’ve noticed a uptick on the scale. I’m so frustrated because even though my glucose numbers are looking better I don’t want the numbers on the scale to keep increasing. It’s so frustrating to work so hard and then the progress stops.

I have a follow up appointment on the 19th and if the weight gain continues we’re going to have to look at something else. In the meantime I’m going to have to adjust to try to keep the pounds off. More exercise and watch my diet even closer.

Whining session over but I’m so frustrated I could cry! 😭

Headed to the park at 8:00 then taking my father for his follow up and MRI for the treatments. We will have the results next week.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    @KAR1959
    Kathy,
    ((huggs)) !!!
    paula
  • cpanus
    Sending you good thoughts, Kathy.

Today was a "Sit on my fanny" day!! The wind was fierce, and that's my excuse. Although, it wasn't as blistering hot as yesterday.

Chris
  • cpanus
    I'm going to Target for the first time in over a year...by myself and then I'm going to Raley's by myself!!! It's feeling a bit weird. 59 mins to blast off!! :o

Chris