WaistAways - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE: SELF-CARE is up and ready for you!! :)

l0ee90d5p04c.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    h7c43pvv2fgo.jpg
    5px45sxaxu6v.png
    g0l2z4b45bd4.png
    0cty9yuby6i0.png

TEAM PLACES BY PERCENTAGE
    7ajvwn28chpp.png

TEAM PLACES BY POUNDS LOST
    s5ctwwdy0q4i.png

INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st @KHill875 1.93%
    2nd @roz0810 1.90%
    3rd @Aqualang26 1.88%

INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st @roz0810 4.8
    2nd @888Angie888 - @ashleycarole86 - @CharmingPassion all tied at 3.8
    3rd @Aqualang26 - @rwood566 tied at 3.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @marsipan100
    @kerdil08
    @melaniedscott
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Just_Kisha
    @KristieJC
    @davidji821
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @Jactop

c286x2szhp54.png
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs to @jugar and @micki48
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CW: 161

The weather is lousy this weekend. Guess I'll do some spring cleaning.
  • jugar
    Options
    Sending hugs to @jugar and @micki48

We love hugs!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 161

The weather is lousy this weekend. Guess I'll do some spring cleaning.

Here too - cleaning it is. Ugh.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Spring cleaning update: went through the closet with a metaphorical pair of clippers and pruned it way, way down. All my old dresses, a bunch of decent shirts and about 8 pairs of jeans into the donate pile. A bunch of old underwear, shirts and pants with holes and old shoes into the trash. A handful of old shirts into the pajama drawer, because I like sleeping in oversized t-shirts.

Then the same for husband. The Diabetes Foundation is doing donation pickups again so we'll schedule that. We have a couple big bags between us.

In the end I have almost nothing left. Guess it's time to go shopping. XD

Still not sure what I want to do with my corsets so I'll keep them for now.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Steps and exercise stats for the past week:

16/05 - 3156
    17/05 - 4009
    18/05 - 3164
    19/05 - 9552
    20/05 - 1384 / 55 mins Shoulder dumbells workout [Epic 1 Day 12]
    21/05 - 1532
    22/05 - 1760 / 54 mins Hamstring & Glutes dumbell workout [Epic 1 Day 13]
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday evening all.

Following our busy Friday, we went up to Yorkshire yesterday to see family. It's a 1hr15 drive to our old town centre, but another 45 minutes+ down the valley to my in-laws, where there was a party to celebrate several things. We ended up getting home at 10pm; the cats were not impressed with us! I tried to balance my food but didn't have many choices, though I did track within my calorie goal, including a slice of cake which was a bit too rich even for me. I was pleased with myself that I only had one as there were several cakes on offer - I think it helped that we had zero time for exercise yesterday and that kept me focused.

What was disappointing was that I can't seem to get the watch strap on my Garmin altered. I had the original silicone strap replaced with a stainless steel one when I started having a bad reaction to it, but it seems as though the steel one has very limited options to make it smaller as I lose weight - and I like a tight fitting watch. I think I'm going to have to look for a replacement strap, and I don't want leather as keeps being suggested. I'm not a fan of the appearance plus I don't think it's as hygienic for exercising, and this is a fitness watch!

Today, we went for a 9.5 mile walk with a colleague from work; he knows most of the paths around the area we were walking - Clumber Park for anybody 'local'. He's doing the 20 mile walk in September so it's good to build up together. We did the supermarket shop on the way home then have pretty much crashed this afternoon. We have a four-day weekend coming up which will be a bit hectic due to two sets of house guests, then 4 days at work followed by a full week off including a couple of nights away - I can't wait.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    is7t9wjasifg.jpg
    61j5u6rmazhg.jpg
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

So I tested my charity t-shirt out today as I went out on a 3 hour practice walk. I got rained on, but I managed to take a short pit stop break, where I rehydrated and refuelled.

Hope you're all having splendid Sundays.

jlf14fgdsled.jpg
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    PW 153
    CW 155

I got up during my vacation week, but I’m glad I lost a few. Sorry to have a gain at all.

I spent the last year working on getting my iron levels up while working in calcium . Calcium inhibits iron absorption. I had a bone density exam last week, I’ve lost density over the past 4 years. Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll have an appointment to determine why & what to do next. I can only have so many calories & get proper nutrition; otherwise, it’s supplements.

More strength training! Now the temps are better, I’m back to running 2x a week.
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW 153
    CW 155

I got up during my vacation week, but I’m glad I lost a few. Sorry to have a gain at all.

I spent the last year working on getting my iron levels up while working in calcium . Calcium inhibits iron absorption. I had a bone density exam last week, I’ve lost density over the past 4 years. Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll have an appointment to determine why & what to do next. I can only have so many calories & get proper nutrition; otherwise, it’s supplements.

More strength training! Now the temps are better, I’m back to running 2x a week.

More strength training! You have got that right. It builds bone better than just about everything. Weirdly enough, as we lose weight, we stress the bones less, so we have to do more weight-bearing exercise to keep those bones from weakening. Carry heavy things around - with a big smile.
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    is7t9wjasifg.jpg
    61j5u6rmazhg.jpg
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

So I tested my charity t-shirt out today as I went out on a 3 hour practice walk. I got rained on, but I managed to take a short pit stop break, where I rehydrated and refuelled.

Hope you're all having splendid Sundays.
    jlf14fgdsled.jpg

Gorgeous! You in the t-shirt (next to the awesome potatoes!), and the beautiful springtime. Momentum is building :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265
    You are my watch-strap buddy for sure. I cannot stand those silicone things (AND they break really soon), leather is too hot and sweaty. I recently got a nylon one that I love. It is lighter, and even though the metal loops clatter against the table and my laptop, it is the best one I have found yet. I got it on Amazon - the brand name is Fintie. They seem to have bands compatible with many of the standard fitness watches. I hope you can find one!

@Terytha
    You win on the cleaning match for today - that's for sure! I got some laundry done, and cleaned up one of my plant nursery areas that I'm done with. Then I lazed around...

One more weigh-in due today -
    @ob1msu
    Hope you're doing great, Matt!

Monday weigh-ins (while I'm in pester-mode):
    @DD265
    @graceojo999

Thanks!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful day! Pilates this morning then took the boat out and anchored at an island for the afternoon. Walked 50 minutes along the beach and had a very enjoyable time! The kids were busy with friends so it was just the two of us which was also very nice! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    PW: 141
    CW: 141

Trying to see the positive. Given it has been a stressful week, I still haven't made any weight gains. However, no weight losses either😭

My blood sugar shot up. I have been eating so mamy sweets and need to counter it with fibre. Yesterday, I was ao happy that I went out and exercises. However, I felt completely exhaisted for the rest of the day. My current goals are to get into the 130 weight range and start losing belly fat. My belly circumference is around 40 inches. Is it just a dream to ever get into the 20 range again?

Need to remind myself to log, drink water and vegetable intake increase for my gut health before throwing down these sugary foods.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend 💖 @jugar. One of these days when life gets normal we should schedule that get together.

You did not gain! But the blood sugar issue is one to keep after, just as you say. Fibre and lots of it certainly helps, and so does exercise - you'll hit that 20 range again one day! You just have to make sure that as many as possible of the other "one days" that lead up to it are going in the right direction. Try pickles (sour dill not sweet!) to help keep the sugar cravings down. Weirdly enough it can help.

And yes! We will get together - Now we are 4 from Québec :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Any more steps, anyone? Exercise minutes? Only 4 of us have our week reported so far - hoping to hear from the rest of you!

@Micki48
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ellz_runs

If you have been counting, send 'em on in - for May 16-22
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    What a beautiful day! Pilates this morning then took the boat out and anchored at an island for the afternoon. Walked 50 minutes along the beach and had a very enjoyable time! The kids were busy with friends so it was just the two of us which was also very nice! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

Great photo, Gary! It does indeed look like you have been having a fabulous day.

@ellz_runs
    So good to see you Ellie! Sorry you had the dreaded smashed-phone-no-more-life problem :grimace: It is horrible when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.