Thursday weigh-in

PW: 176.4
    CW: 175.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @jugar But I'm shy!

Sorry, sorry. Husband mentioned an interest in accessories so I found someone who crafts pendants and things out of meteorite. I thought I'd give it to him with a card saying it was a piece of the universe for my universe.

I'm so lame. XD

But he likes that stuff too.

that is so NOT lame! Wonderful idea.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    OK @Steph1498 you have to take me with you to the outdoor store. Even if only in your head! I love those places too - better than any candy store.

Music and garden today - playing with my friend, and then getting back to planting. Have a good one!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    cw 149
    first week that I've worked from home that I haven't gained. It's also my last week working remotely from home :D
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am sorry. I have had two rough nights leading to rough mornings. I will weigh in tomorrow.
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am Marie. I am a new comer. I have been very impressed by Liselyn's healthy look lately, and feeling frustrated with my struggle to loose weight, which is why I am here today. It is the first time I am reaching out for some sort of strange anonymous group support. The truth is that I am feeling frustrated that whenever I share with friends that I want to get fit and loose wait, I get variations of the same reply : " Stop it! You look fine! Don't worry about your weight... Like if I was asking for a compliment or reassurance. I do not worry about my weight, however, I am trying to feel better, healthier, slimmer, stronger, fitter, lighter...

I am an active 48 years old woman, and up to the pandemic, I seemed to have been doing OK with my weight. However... I moved from my good old 127 pounds to 136 pounds in the space of a few weeks when the pandemic started. Now.... not only I want to go back to my 127, but I want to get to lower than that. I'll do it in stages. First, I want to reach 127 and stay there for a good month, and then I want to reach 125 and stay there for another good month. After that, I'll reevaluate how I feel.

I am not convinced the whole computer/phone logging will work for me, as anything requiring to sit down in from of a computer for more than 10 minutes does not agree with me... I find that our lives have been absorbed by computers, and I try the best I can to spend the least amount of time possible in from of one. I won't be logging my exercice as I know it won't have any effect on my exercice routine if I log it or not. However, I will try to start logging my food intake as whenever I feel stressed, I eat and eat and find something else to eat...

Menopose... the elephant in the room. I know nothing about it. Yes... apparently women's body start changing around my age... "Don't mention the war"...I am not ready to face it.

Well, I am good with beginnings.
    LW was 134 ( May 14th)
    NW is 131.6 ( May 20th)
    I am not far from my goal you shall say...Ho... But don't be tricked... I have taken 6 weeks to go from 136 to 129 but just a few days to go from 129 back to 136, about 5 times this year. I need some magic trick to stay down once I loose the weight. Let's hope that my commitment today to log in my weight every Thursdays will be the answer.
    Sorry for my ranting... I guess it's part of the game. Promise I won't write that much ever again!

• jugar
    Options
    @marsipan100
    Welcome my friend! Everyone - Marie is someone I have known for many, many years and I am happy she is joining us to see if our awesome presence inside her head (and not just her dreaded computer) will help with those terrible last 10 pounds and the effects of both the pandemic and the elephant. Or is it a war? I say it is just an elephant who is quite reasonable once you understand it...

Marie is a fellow musician and horse person, and when we get together we talk like crazy - can't stop. It is wonderful. I hope we can be a good support for her to lose those pounds and stay there. I know that exercise is not the problem here - but keeping the eating pattern from going off the rails will make it work.

Now we are 3 from Québec in here. Watch out, people. Bwahahaha!

Now. I have to put on my Tough Love hat. @kellybgetsfit You just apologized.
    @jugar I am sorry. I have had two rough nights leading to rough mornings. I will weigh in tomorrow.
    No apologies needed. You have small kids, all kinds of work and craziness, and of course you are doing your best every. single. day. Yep - your hair stands on end, you crumple to the floor wondering how you're ever going to live through your children's childhood, your job's crunches and, all the other brands of rough times. Yep. This is just your online fitness and diet group. No worries! None at all! Please take a deep breath, and I hope that the rough nights give you a break. We certainly will :heart: :heart: :heart: Breaks are in a big bowl right at the door. They have no calories. Hugs too.

Now the Plain Love hat!
    @eggfreak What a great week! You lost 2 pounds while working at home. I expect you to do the BIG happy dance! And be glad you are done with remote working :smiley:

More great losses from @ashleycarole86 and @kalaki6145 - WOW.

And finally the BIG love hat -
    @Pearl4686
    Every day is a struggle. I am sure that you are doing the best you can every single day as well. I hope you can share a bit about your struggles. I know you'll get support and maybe some ideas to try in this journey filled with necessary experiments to find how to keep going. In the meantime - big love coming your way. Hang in there!!!
  • jugar
    Options
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Lots of great weigh ins for @happimess01, @PlaneMonkey and @eggfreak ! I'm sure I missed some other great weigh ins, but if I go back I'll lose my post.

Hang in there @KellyBgetsfit and @Pearl4686

@Terytha Glad you found a gift! It is a great idea and you guys will have a great anniversary for sure!

I took today off from work and I'm really trying to get a handle on my work stress. I had a nice hour long conversation with our director and our team has a meeting scheduled for Monday with our director and principal. We put all of our concerns in writing and hopefully we can get moving in the right direction. If all else fails I can also switch buildings. One of my good friends is going to switch buildings so we could always plot to end up at the same one! It's always good to have options 😌

Today I relaxed and stayed inside since the weather wasn't great. Watched a movie with the kids.

I have switched to doing pilates lately just to change things up. I have a folding home reformer and did an hour workout on it today. Calories are good and I had a loss on the scale today and expect to be even better tomorrow.

My goal is to not let the weekend slide out of control like it did last week. It really slows my progress down!

Welcome @marsipan100 !
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    PW: 242.4
    CW: 239.8
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 146
    CW 146.6

While I know it is not a huge gain, I am frustrated because I know its due to lack of sleep, work stress, and a few poor (but not horrible) food choices. I would rather have an explained gain then one that I know I caused.

Thank you for the kind words @jugar and @conleywoods I really want to take a day off of work, but since its the end of the year, it has to get special approval. I still don't know what I am teaching next year. She keeps changer mind.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday!

WTG @gak71 - great loss. Of course, we women will go slightly bratty on you and say that guys lose SO much more easily than we do, but it ain't true! You're working just as hard at this as anyone, and after last week's setback, you are on track again.

I have a terrible thing to announce. Today is rhubarb pie day. Apparently, according to the very small sample of my family, I make the best rhubarb pie in existence. They are not a very scientific bunch, but I choose to believe them. And today is the day. To save myself from fatty pastry, I also make a stupendous rhubarb sorbet. Now THAT is good stuff. No fat, not too much sugar, and seriously yummy. I'll try to stick with that stuff and only have one small piece of the pie. For quality control purposes. It is necessary...

I'm off to go pick rhubarb :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar We had pie day on Wednesday at work. I myself had a banana toffee cream pie and it was wonderful.

Fruit pies tend not to be my favorite thing but rhubarb sorbet sounds lovely.

My stomach treatment seems to be effective (knock on wood) so I'm going to eat some fruit this weekend and see what happens. I haven't been able to eat anything high in fiber since... two and a half years ago.
This discussion has been closed.