@Jactop
    @heatlthygirlintransit
    @Bluetail6
    @machchic

hxulzrgy54dy.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    1009z59yjjf5.png
    The MAY WEEK 1 Challenge is up! This is our week for commitment and reflection - try to post there every day if it helps you! Or post them here if you would rather:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831916/may-week-1-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    :o Boo! I lost more than healthygirlintransit this month lol. No worries, I will bag top 3 next time ;)
  • jugar
    Oh NO!!! That's what I get for inviting you all to check out the spreadsheet! It is now corrected! You are both awesome :heart:

tppgeb7xrr06.png

I always do our team first. The coffee had not kicked in yet, it seems. Sorry!!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sometimes I get so cross with MFP! I've already put my stats in, and they seem to have disappeared!

So here we go again:

25th April - 1966
    26th April - 2241 / 40 mins HIIT Full Body workout (EPIC 1 Day 5)
    27th April - 4859
    28th April - 2070 / 51 mins Dumbell Arms & Abs (EPIC 1 Day 6)
    29th April - 5387
    30th April - 1755 / 50 mins Dumbell Lower Body workout (EPIC 1 Day 7)
    1st May - 20754

Fingers crossed!
  • happimess01
    jugar wrote: »
    Oh NO!!! That's what I get for inviting you all to check out the spreadsheet! It is now corrected! You are both awesome :heart:

tppgeb7xrr06.png

haha *happy dance*. No problem at all, can't thank you all enough for running this group and creating such a excellent environment for all of us to get healthy
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Hello everyone!

My name is Yinka and I'm from Worcestershire, UK. I am married and we have an adult son who lives in Virginia, USA with his wife. We also have an aging, cantankerous little dog called Edie. I work from home teaching English to corporate teams.

I have been with MFP since 2014 and other than an initial surge of weight loss which saw me lose about a stone, nothing much has changed. And I have so much more to lose! I seem to have lost my mojo - I know what I should be doing, but somehow, I don't do it! I've been with Team Waistaways for about 18 months, and I can honestly say that this is a great team, full of supportive individuals.

I work out 5 or 6 times every week, and I am training for a 25 kilometre trek in September (over 19 of London's bridges), so I also go out on timed walks two or three times a week. At the moment I am doing Caroline Girvan's free Epic 1 programme on YouTube. I have also added in SELF's Spring Reset Challenge to throw in a little more low impact cardio.

I am optimistic that I will find a lightbulb moment to re-start my weight loss.

I am delighted to welcome our new team members.

Y x
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member

tppgeb7xrr06.png

haha *happy dance*. No problem at all, can't thank you all enough for running this group and creating such a excellent environment for all of us to get healthy

I pulled out 2nd by 1/100th of a percent, looks like I need to step it up to stay ahead of @happimess01 — challenge accepted!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    ob1msu wrote: »
    My name is Matt and I live in Fort Wayne Indiana, @gak71 and I were in another group that started in January and was a 3-month challenge, the group has kind of died out & I saw him post about this group and decided to join. I am divorced and have an 18-year-old and soon-to-be 16-year old that stay with me every other week. Both very active in sports, this time of year is softball and baseball. So that means 5- 6 days of games every week right now. 4-5 days at night after school then Saturday morning early & early afternoon games. So meal planning becomes a challenge for me or if I am having a bad week hit the concession stands that always have healthy food choices.... not. Add to it, I have an hour commute to work each way. So now that I have my normal excuses/crutches out of the way; I am trying to stay physically active and when I have the time and energy on Sundays plan meals and prepare daily snacks for the week.

Good to “see” you again @ob1msu, you’ll definitely enjoy this group.

My youngest turned 16 in February and his driving has helped my weight loss tremendously! Between school, school baseball, and travel baseball, I found it very difficult to stay on track with so many practices and so much time spent in the car! It’s nice getting some of those hours back especially when you can spend them on your own well being!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Happy May! 🌸🌼🌷

My name is Kristi, I'm 38 and I live in Washington state in the US. I'm married and have 3 kids (11, 10 and 6). I work part-time as a therapist at a special ed preschool. I have been with this group for 17 months. I have been working on weight loss for over 2 years now with a top weight of 255 lbs. I had lost 40 lbs but got stuck. I have been experimenting and took a 2 month diet break. I'm down about 30 lbs now and spent the last month getting back on track. My exercise has moved in the right direction and I am building up to my pre break work out pace. I'm still having inconsistent calorie days and incomplete logging days. This month I would like to get those issues fine tuned and start dropping pounds. My weight fluctuated a lot last month, like 7 lbs from high to low. I definitely don't want to see it do that this month!
  • jugar
    5vgwxf6q6a7p.png
    This seems to be Sorry Sunday for me! Really, it is I Miss Michele Sunday! It has been rough keeping up with the step and exercise stats while @micki48 is dealing with a family illness and grandchild care as only she can do. We all hope that your son is doing better, Michele :heart:

So, I am sorry not to have kept up very well with the step and exercise stuff. The one thing I can do is tell you about April Week 4
    cl2pv7gafql5.png

The three amazing movers and steppers for Week 4 are -
    @KellyBgetsfit with 89,247
    @YinxFed with 61,380
    @gak71 with 47,220

Well done!! Your commitment is fabulous.

For the new folks among us - if you like to track steps and/or exercise, we have a sub-team for that! Post your daily step goal if you have one, and let us know if you want to be part of this. I'm back in the game this month, so watch out! All you do is post you steps for the day and if you also do other intentional exercise, post the number of minutes of exactly what kind of exercise. We then convert that into an equivalent number of steps so that everything compares. Here is the chart I roughly draw on - some of the equivalents are a bit high, I find, but it gives a generally good idea of how it works -

https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

Be sure to include the intensity for things like bicycling or running (speed is the easiest) but post the number of minutes, not the total distance. Everything like Pilates, weight training, etc. just the minutes is fine. Let's get this back on track! I promise to be more vigilant until Michele can get back at it :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    Another new member heading your way .......Please welcome @MoStacy :)
  • happimess01
    gak71 wrote: »

tppgeb7xrr06.png

I pulled out 2nd by 1/100th of a percent, looks like I need to step it up to stay ahead of @happimess01 — challenge accepted!

yep I believe I could have easily beaten you if I weighed in the nude :D
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 here are my steps for the last weeks in April.

19: 5324
    20: 10502
    21: 10149
    22: 9584
    23: 15284
    24: 6256
    25: 16146
    26: 10903
    27: 4611
    28: 7388
    29: 4319
    30: 7150