WaistAways - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,196 Member
    Options
    @jugar got a bit of rain this morning and there's plenty more in the forecast this week... can't wait for all the green to follow!!!

I have never heard of these mint Milanos but it sounds like that's a good thing lol
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PW 228.6
    CW 226.2
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Friday
    lorib642
    PW: 160.9
    CW: 160.2
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    PW - 223.7 lbs
    CW - 222.8 lbs
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I just got caught up...and I have to say, I want a lake house. I would love to retire on lake. My husband wants to retire on a beach....

I had a rough week at work, but I do feel good about my little bouts of workouts. I have a kettball upstairs and some bands. I have been doing mini workouts in the morning and in the evenings while the baby climbs on me. We are relaxing outside tonight. The weather is perfect. Have a great weekend, friends!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    I just got caught up...and I have to say, I want a lake house. I would love to retire on lake. My husband wants to retire on a beach....

I had a rough week at work, but I do feel good about my little bouts of workouts. I have a kettball upstairs and some bands. I have been doing mini workouts in the morning and in the evenings while the baby climbs on me. We are relaxing outside tonight. The weather is perfect. Have a great weekend, friends!
    Good for you! Little workouts are great. There's a fun kettlebell app that has a short workout per day, at whatever level you are. It's free and helps you squeeze one in just about any time. It's called Kettlebell Workout Wizard from Greg Brookes. There are good illustrations and form tips, and every exercise has a video if you need it.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK everyone! It's Friday night, and I get to pester you about weigh-ins!

Due up through today:
    @MoStacy
    @ellz_runs
    @texasruby354

Due Saturday:
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

If you want to see how your steps and exercise measured up for the week, get those in by some time Sunday at the latest. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Is there a particular workout you do with bands? I have some as well. Haven’t done much with them.

We spent today completing errands. Although they didn’t all get done. I did get a new phone today and boy, does everything work better now. 😄

I did not get any specific exercise done today. I am too full from dinner now. Yikes.

Did log all my food. So there’s that.

I think Evie mentioned we should zoom again! I am all for that. It was a lot of fun last time meeting Courtney, Kristi, Sylvia, & Liselyn in “person”. Let’s do it!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar thank you! I was just going to look up YouTube videos for the kettleball. This is great.

@micki48 I use mini bands. I can't ever get photos to upload on my phone but here is the pinterest link. https://pin.it/3DRWdOc
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 196.6
    CW 195.7

I did log every day. I don’t think I was under my calories even once, but I logged. It’s interesting that I’m showing a loss because I was heavier every day this week. I don’t normally weigh every day, but I did this week just trying to get back on track. I averaged my weights and it came to 197!!! So you can see there was a lot of fluctuation. I guess my Saturday weigh in was a good idea from the start. I know from weighing frequently in the past that Tuesday is my heavy day. Bodies are weird and wonderful.

So this week I will…
    •log every day and aim for getting under (or at) my daily calories at least 3-4 times.
    •continue to drink 80 ounces of 💦
    •walk 3x and Pilates 3x

Hope everyone can get outside and get some sun today. 🌞 😀

• jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I'm happy to have a "social" event today :smiley: A friend I have not seen for ages has a new partner and a new place to live, so I get to go help her out with getting her vegetable garden going today. It is in the wonderfully named town of Saint Herménégilde, but out off the beaten track, just how I like. It will be good to see her, meet the new dude, and get our hands dirty together. She is an interesting person half way between my age and my daughter's, has been through many rough times and bad beginnings to become a strong, stand-up, out-loud person and mother. We always have a million laughs.

@EvMakesChanges
    Yes! Let's try to get a zoom thing going. Time-zone concerns make around 3 pm the easiest (9-10 pm for our UK and European people, 12-1 for the western contingent. It could be a bit earlier, but not much later. I assume weekends are the easiest, but I'll let you find a way to figure that out! Once we see who would be into it, it will be easier to find the time that works best for people. Thanks!

@micki48
    Well done on the loss, even if it was a bit of a surprise! Getting back to logging is always a drag, but it sure helps. I find the daily weighing (or mostly daily) is the best way to keep the gentle (well, usually) reminders going. I always know if I don't weigh myself for a few days that it is because I know I won't like it! The fluctuations are no longer stressful - as you so beautifully put it, the body is a weird and wonderful thing. Grace over guilt!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

Well this week has been quite abysmal in terms of exercise - just not feeling it! So looking at my planner I see only two completed workouts since Monday. In fact, I feel so ashamed of this that I have decided to do a couple of short Lucy workouts (Lucy Wyndham Read) once I finish this update. Lucy's workouts are always very effective. And all her workouts are bodyweight only (handy, as I have a sore arm from yesterday's vaccination jab, so back to the weights next week). I will be doing a practice walk tomorrow.

However, I have behaved reasonably well regarding food :)

"See" you tomorrow.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Up, down, up, down... all around... I am feeling a little more in tune, I'll get there or die trying, lol...

Have a great day, and Happy Mothers Day to all the moms and mom figures...
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'd be up for joining the Zoom call... fairly flexible on time for the most part as long as it's a weekend.
    We are out at the lake right now and it's raining quite hard.. in fact the rain is almost snow, and I think it's planning to turn to snow at some point. We have to go back in to Calgary today to drop off a Mother's Day tea we ordered for my Mom and we'll also do a few things at the house before we head back.
    I too ordered one of these Mother's Day teas which will come with small sandwiches and little desserts. I used to eat out all the time, but I really haven't done so much since I started this because I'd like a bit more accuracy on what I'm eating. Having said that, I have done it a few times, and I tend to just generously overestimate and it's worked out fine so far. In the post-COVID world I'm going to need to do this a lot more than I am now, so it's good practice.
    One of my plans today is to do exercise two different ways.. I'm thinking yoga and a walk or yoga and the recumbent bike, but we'll see how I feel. A few of the options are easier when I'm at home versus the lake so I'm hoping to take advantage of that today.
    Ended up getting a call from the pharmacy to go in for my first COVID shot last night, so that's done with... my arm is a bit sore but I'm feeling fine otherwise, so that shouldn't get in my way.
    Have a great day all!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add: I would love to join you all for a Zoom call 📞
This discussion has been closed.