WaistAways - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    @ellz_runs
    Great that you have your Fitbit in order again, and you are in the running for the steps. You challenge everyone with your steps at work - challenge accepted!

@Gidgitgoescrazy
    So good to see your grin and arched eyebrows! And your tune coming back into tune - give us an update whenever you can!

@ashleycarole86
    So glad you got your first jab, and I'm right with you on the different kinds of workouts there. I find it helpful to have a separate the goals in different workouts sometimes. One workout does not have to do everything - something aerobic at one time of the day, some muscle work or stretching another time, angercize as needed :astonished: etc.

Looking forward to the zoom sesh! Next weekend maybe? That's my "real" mother's day weekend - my daughter was due on mother's day, but came a week late...
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A Zoom call sounds great!

Thanks for all the kind words, I know you're right; I have the house proud gene passed down from Granny and I am a perfectionist. I did just talk myself out of spending £90 on a towel shelf/rail for the bathroom and spent £45 instead - proof I can compromise. :D

The rain isn't letting up so I went running this afternoon with waterproofs on and plasters on my heels as a precaution. We went on a slightly different route as we need to be running further and I enjoyed exploring even if it wasn't the 'prettiest' run. Also tackled the hill that I hate.. it's not really any worse than the others we do, but when OH and I were running before he always wanted to do that circuit (often twice if we had time) and it's a very long climb. Maybe it is actually the longest climb we do if not the steepest, but in any case it really put me off - and OH's since learned to agree with me that doing it in reverse is far better!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We bought a boat last week and took delivery today just in time for Mother’s Day. Definitely looking forward to staying active on the water! Also more motivation to get in better shape and stay there!
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    We bought a boat last week and took delivery today just in time for Mother’s Day. Definitely looking forward to staying active on the water! Also more motivation to get in better shape and stay there!

That's great! Now you have to learn some sea shanties. You can work out to them if you're really feeling ambitious - here's a fun one (complete with dancing cat) to start with -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsurPg9Ckw&ab_channel=TheKiffnessTheKiffnessOfficialArtistChannel
  • jugar
    Options
    OK folks - time for LAST CALL!

Get your weigh-ins in by first thing Sunday - thanks! If you need a break this week because things are crazy, just say so and all will be excused :heart:

@MoStacy
    @texasruby354
    @sunny9847

Thanks!
  • texasruby354
    texasruby354 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    200 lbs, Requesting to be in the Support Team

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late start to the group. We had a family emergency and it kept me out of town all last week. I think this may go on for awhile, so I am asking to be on the support team and hang out and help in anyway I can to support everyone and check in when I can.

I live in sunny South Texas and honestly, have an amazing life. I have been very blessed but no matter how much I try, I cannot seem to lose weight. I am getting serious and am looking forward to really starting my weight loss journey with this group! Glad to be here 😘
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 18,081
    Mon 13,703
    30 min cardio
    Tues 13,090
    Wed 16,076
    Thurs 16,417
    Fri 13,005
    Sat 15, 414
    30 min liift, 10 min Barre

My week included lots of mini workouts as well. I feel pretty good about my workouts.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!💕 We are going to breakfast with my in laws. Then my mom will come over this evening. My oldest daughter has to work during the day she will bring dinner home from the restaurant she works at.
  • gak71
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms!
  • jugar
    Options
    200 lbs, Requesting to be in the Support Team

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late start to the group. We had a family emergency and it kept me out of town all last week. I think this may go on for awhile, so I am asking to be on the support team and hang out and help in anyway I can to support everyone and check in when I can.

I live in sunny South Texas and honestly, have an amazing life. I have been very blessed but no matter how much I try, I cannot seem to lose weight. I am getting serious and am looking forward to really starting my weight loss journey with this group! Glad to be here 😘
    You're now in support team - and I am glad you are staying with us even in this tough time. Drop by any time, glean some inspiration from everyone, take a few deep breaths, and get back to the losing when you can. Hugs!
  • jugar
    Options
    Stepper and Exerciser people! More numbers needed :smiley:

It is looking good for @KellyBgetsfit and me - let's see who else is giving us a run for the money!

Seriously missing @sunny9847 :/ hoping everything is OK.

Others missing steps (report goes from last Sunday through yesterday)
    @micki48 missing Wed - Sat
    @gak71
    @YinxFed
    @Steph1498 missing Fri-Sat
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ellz_runs

I'll go back and make sure I did not miss any of you, but if you have not posted them yet, try to get that in today. Thanks!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

brcou9tm6nu5.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers and sending love to those for whom Mother’s Day is complicated.

@gak71 congratulations on your new boat. And @jugar I love the shanty song especially the kitty bob! lol 😂 There was a great movie we watched about a town of fishermen who became famous for their shanty album. Can’t remember the name at this moment. But it was really good.

Glad to hear our week as a team looked good. Now, I need to get moving. Will check back later.
  • gak71
    Options
    Daily Steps:
    Sun 10,042
    Mon 11,092
    Tue 9,021
    Wed 9,237
    Thu 10,581
    Fri 10,315
    Sat 15,088

Total 75,376
    Daily Average 10,768
  • gak71
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    gak71 wrote: »

That's great! Now you have to learn some sea shanties. You can work out to them if you're really feeling ambitious - here's a fun one (complete with dancing cat) to start with -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsurPg9Ckw&ab_channel=TheKiffnessTheKiffnessOfficialArtistChannel

What a great song, I definitely need need to start a folder of fun sea shanties!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @jugar steps for the week: Sun 6,863; Mon 8,020; Tues 2,055 (day after 2nd shot) Wed 5,300 Thurs 6,400 Fri 14,871 Sat 8,210
    Can't wait to hear the sea shanty (the cook is blasting music in the kitchen so, will wait a bit).
This discussion has been closed.