water: 83oz
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 247.6
    CW: 248.8

TOM and also a bad 2 days food wise. Will make sure it drops next week!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Well, I braved the scale today just to check in and I am up 3lbs :'( I'm hoping its just the extra strength training I have been doing :s

@mooreshelly09 don't stress this too much! Weight can fluctuate SO MUCH just because we're women. You're doing the right things :) you've got this :)

Thank you! I'm stressing so much....I've had 2 great months back to back and seem to be at a stall this month :(

@mooreshelly09 I totally get it but you have had pretty speedy success up to this point :) I have been struggling with the same 5ish pounds for almost a year... just keep applying the same effort you have beem, and if it's still not working, use the goals section to recalculate your calorie goal, with your current weight in mind :) And, if you don't use a food scale, try it out for a few days and see if what you're logging is really what you're eating, based on serving sizes :) just a few ideas to maybe help :)
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Well, I braved the scale today just to check in and I am up 3lbs :'( I'm hoping its just the extra strength training I have been doing :s

@mooreshelly09 don't stress this too much! Weight can fluctuate SO MUCH just because we're women. You're doing the right things :) you've got this :)

Thank you! I'm stressing so much....I've had 2 great months back to back and seem to be at a stall this month :(

@mooreshelly09 I totally get it but you have had pretty speedy success up to this point :) I have been struggling with the same 5ish pounds for almost a year... just keep applying the same effort you have beem, and if it's still not working, use the goals section to recalculate your calorie goal, with your current weight in mind :) And, if you don't use a food scale, try it out for a few days and see if what you're logging is really what you're eating, based on serving sizes :) just a few ideas to maybe help :)

Thank you! I do weigh everything lol, but I will try and redo my goals with MFP and see if that helps <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,661 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 9 June
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Water: 68 oz
    Steps: 10,191

A couple of stressful days at work had me chained to my desk AND reaching for the crunchy, salty stress food. Bad combination. 😕 Then a severe thunderstorm ⛈️ swept through and prevented me from going for an after dinner walk. 😔 Hoping the humidity will drop a bit now though. Just get me through the next 2 days and I will be on vacation. Woot! 🥳🍷🏖️🌄
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 That could have been my post!!! :)
  • maryc11
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday June 10, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 4,451
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    6/10
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise no
    Steps5440
    Water: unsure

I may be quiet and not as participatory for a while. We put an offer on a home and have been trying to get our home ready with all the purging of 19 years and what not. We are in a bidding war with multiple offers. Trying to remind myself, either way, its all in God's hands so don't stress eat! It won't help! 😊
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I found this article and loved it! Someone posted it in one of the MFP discussion rooms I follow.

Daily Schedule for the 50’s Housewife:

Throw back the covers
    Open up the blinds and windows
    Freshen up
    Make and serve breakfast
    Clean up breakfast
    Complete a 10-minute exercise regime
    Shower, do hair and makeup, get dressed
    Gather a basket for tidying. As the rooms of the home are tackled, pick up items that aren’t where they belong and place them in a basket. Redistribute them where they should be as you enter a new room
    Straighten up the living and dining room, including picking up potential clutter, light dusting, fluffing/straightening pillows, and watering plants or flowers
    Make the beds
    Tidy the bedroom, including light dusting
    Hang up any clothes that may be about or ensure dirty ones are in the hamper
    Do a light tidy of the bathroom including removing and replacing used towels, refilling toilet paper and soap (if needed) and cleaning the sink and basin area including soap dishes
    Review the menu for the current day and the next and compare it to what’s currently available in the home. Make note of anything that needs to be prepared ahead of time or marketing (shopping) that needs to get done
    Begin long-advance preparations for dinner (such as making dessert)
    Wipe down kitchen work surfaces and inside the fridge
    Dispose of garbage
    Rinse dish cloths and hang to dry
    Sweep or mop the kitchen floor
    Handle errands that might take you out of the home (such as marketing, volunteering, going to the post office, getting an item fixed, etc), bookkeeping, correspondence, or indulge in a hobby
    If returning from the grocery store, wash vegetables, wrap them and put them away. Place rest of groceries or purchases in their proper place
    Have a quick lunch
    Start advance food conditioning like crisping vegetables or thawing frozen foods
    Handle weekly chore for the day (more on that below)
    Set the table for dinner
    Arrange the living room for evening enjoyment (such as “the Mister’s” newspaper, book, and cigarettes)
    Do a quick sweep of the floors and ensure entrance ways are clear
    Prepare a special dish for dinner
    Freshen up before the husband returns from work. Consider changing into something more festive if the day dress is plain😆
    Set out a tray with equipment for making cocktails, should “the Mister” want to serve drinks before dinner
    Greet husband “gayly” (omg..🤣.)
    Serve dinner
    Clear table and wash dishes
    Pour boiling water down the sink to ensure pipes are flushed
    If necessary, pack the husband’s lunch for the next day.🤣🤣 Set aside a lunch tray in the refrigerator for yourself if having leftovers
    Set table for breakfast
    Ensure breakfast foods are available and do any make-ahead preparations for it
    Enjoy an evening of relaxation

Also, each day there is a once-a-week chore to tackle, such as:

Use metal polish on bathroom fixtures
    Clean and disinfect all kitchen appliances
    Scald and disinfect bread boxes and garbage pails and bins
    Replace flowers with fresh bouquets

Plus...snacking rarely happened - portions were smaller - less sugar - all meals were homemade
  • Krysless2
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Weekly Roundtable Discussion
    What do you currently have your calorie goals set to? Do you vary it from day to day? And do you have any other macro/micronutrients that you currently strive to eat less or more of?

Happy Friday!🥂
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    10th June
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    water: 83oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,661 Member
    Options
    Thursday 10 June
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Water: 70 oz
    Steps: 5829

Obviously my day yesterday wasn't any better. 😕 One more day of work then 🥳🍷

Weigh in Week 2
    PW: 143.1
    CW: 144.0

No surprise there, thankful that it wasn't worse.

@Krysless2 I will try to answer the WRD when I get online. Can only do so much from my phone. 😊
  • maryc11
    Options
    maryc11
    Last week = 207.5
    This week = 206.4
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    6/10/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 min iFit elliptical
    Steps: 5885
    Water: 169
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 2
    PW: 177.0
    CW: 181.6

I don't know what is going on with my weight, but I have to trust the process and keep moving forward 🤷‍♀️ Have a great Friday y'all <3
  • Krysless2
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 2
    PW: 177.0
    CW: 181.6

I don't know what is going on with my weight, but I have to trust the process and keep moving forward 🤷‍♀️ Have a great Friday y'all <3

Keeping trucking!! I might suggest that you view your food diary and compare a couple of loss weeks to this week. That always gives me perspective. Like oooooh look at how much sodium I ate!! Or oooohhh I was under Calories but my carbs were off the charts!!

• Krysless2
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    maryc11
    Last week = 207.5
    This week = 206.4

Great job Mary!

• Krysless2
    edited June 2021
    Options
    gamommy2 wrote: »
    6/10
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise no
    Steps5440
    Water: unsure

I may be quiet and not as participatory for a while. We put an offer on a home and have been trying to get our home ready with all the purging of 19 years and what not. We are in a bidding war with multiple offers. Trying to remind myself, either way, its all in God's hands so don't stress eat! It won't help! 😊

Lol Sounds like you’re moving to Florida?? Or maybe the GA housing market is just as hot as ours!? I work in the home insurance business, so I know it’s crazy out there right now!

Good luck! I hope they take your offer!! (Also: Moving might be considered a workout in and of itself!!)

• Krysless2
    Options
    Thurs, June 10th
    Week 2 - Day 5
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1618
    Exercise - Yes
    👟Challenges💧
    11009 Steps
    72oz
This discussion has been closed.