Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,782 Member
    It is time to recruit again :)
    Please encourage your friends to join our amazing group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836136/july-2021-registration-for-new-members#latest
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 142.6
    CW: 143.2
    LTD: 80.2
    Weight has been pretty stable this week.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Totally get rid of my coke habit. Each bottle is 200 calories. I had 2 this weekend so that adds up. Not to mention it will interfere with my goal of no insulin. Giving up pop totally has been a struggle. So my weekend focus from now on is to quit drinking pop.

Oooohhh, that's a good one. My husband used to drink a 2 L bottle of Coke every day when we first met, it was tough but he did quit that habit. He replaced it with Coke Zero though 🤦🏻‍♀️😆 So now, he wants to try to wean off of that one. Good luck getting rid of the pop. You can do it 🤩👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 89oz
    Steps 9013

Yesterday was a long day with the family reunion. We got up in the morning and just headed out. They were starting coffee and rolls at 9am and it was a 30min drive. Lunch was at noon and they grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. All the other food there was pot luck style. Lots of food was brought. I definitely ate a few things I normally don't and am paying for it with a bloated stomach today. I tracked it the best I could though and didn't eat much for dinner. We got to see grandma but grandpa was too sick to make the trip. In a few weeks we are going to make a trip to their house for a visit. No one knows how much longer he will live. Questionable food choices aside, it was a good day of seeing family again that we haven't seen in 2 years.

It sounds like you had a terrific family reunion and you still were able to track, stay under, drink a lot of water and get in a fantastic amount of steps 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm glad you were able to spend time with your grandma. I'm sorry to hear that your grandpa wasn't feeling well. 🤗
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 6/19:
    Steps - 4408.
    Calories - about 1500, but highly questionable. Had to piece together what I had for lunch. Don't know how well I chose the items.
    Exercise - gym early. 20 min bike moderate effort. 6 machines, mostly chest/back.

I have something in my lungs today. No exercise. I tried to write this 3 times last night but kept falling asleep.

Looks like you hit all of your goals yesterday 👏🏻👏🏻 That's a tough ride, 20 minutes. You're doing amazing Roger. I hope you are feeling better today 🤗
  • TheresaM787
    My one thing to get closer to my goal is to be accurate with logging ALLLLLL my food ... since having hernia surgery I got lazy and was only weighing some of my food .... now that I am back in the game it is time to tighten up the food scale measuring a little more

YES!! Logging as accurately as possible (weighing and measuring) is a terrific goal. It's amazing how quickly extra calories sneak in when I guesstimate a measurement (especially if it's creamy peanut butter- that's probably a tablespoon, it's never a tablespoon 🤣). Look out measuring spoons and cups, I hope you had your rest food scale, because Megan's back in the game 🎉🤩

Yes, it has! Still so impressed with that LTD of 80.2 👏🏻👏🏻 Phenomenal 🎉
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,758 Member
    Check in for 6/19:
    Steps - 4408.
    Calories - about 1500, but highly questionable. Had to piece together what I had for lunch. Don't know how well I chose the items.
    Exercise - gym early. 20 min bike moderate effort. 6 machines, mostly chest/back.

I have something in my lungs today. No exercise. I tried to write this 3 times last night but kept falling asleep.

Sometimes we have to guess at food items. That is what I will be doing today. Great gym and bike session. Hope you feel better soon.

ghgjxkyrhu06.png

s8oqx29bf10k.png

Totally get rid of my coke habit. Each bottle is 200 calories. I had 2 this weekend so that adds up. Not to mention it will interfere with my goal of no insulin. Giving up pop totally has been a struggle. So my weekend focus from now on is to quit drinking pop.

I struggled with this too and use diet soda as an intermittent crutch also flavored carbonated water. Someday I'll get over it but not today. It's about cutting the calories and sugar not being perfect... one day at a time.

I drank so much coke a few years back. I slowly weaned myself off it. Stayed off it for along while and then I decided once a week. Now it’s several times on the weekend. And yes, definitely one day at a time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,758 Member
    ghgjxkyrhu06.png

s8oqx29bf10k.png

My one thing to get closer to my goal is to be accurate with logging ALLLLLL my food ... since having hernia surgery I got lazy and was only weighing some of my food .... now that I am back in the game it is time to tighten up the food scale measuring a little more

Measure and weighing is definitely important. Sometimes it gets on my nerves but it’s what we got to do. You should have a great weigh in on Friday doing this.

Every time I see your LTD I am amazed. You have done this while going through some many things. You are awesome!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Happy Father's Day to everyone.

Today will be one of indulgence in moderation. Breakfast was a donut and 6 holes. Ouch, but family went and got them from duncan before I woke up. Could have had more. Lunch is a spicy chicken strip. Daughter wants me to have it as we watch nascar race. I'm going to cut it up and put into a salad without dressing. Dinner is marinated tri-tip roast. One of my favs. I'll weigh my portions carefully to keep calories down. Zero cal tea instead of milk will help. The bad part is high sugar breakfast and massive salt for dinner. I make the marinade with Worcestershire sauce, soy, teriyake, soda, lemon juice. Salt everywhere.

Got a card from my daughter that is so cute and perfect. Hamster lifting a dumbbell. Wearing a sweatband. Press a button and 'Eye of the Tiger' plays and the hamster grunts as the dumbbell moves up and down. Hamster says uh-oh and help me. Made me laugh. It's from hallmark, so if you can find it check it out.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 good luck with the soda removal. I'm glad you stopped once so it won't be as hard this time.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 welcome back to the weighing and portioning. I'm sure it will help.

@Tazaria87 grats on the reunion. Excellent work on your logging. Sorry about grand father.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @rlaskey2 happy belated birthday!
    @littleflutterby congratulations on surpassing your walking goal!
    @red1185 your vacation sounded awesome and you did great keeping the weight down.
    @TheresaM787 18,000 steps is a lot of walking with the family. You and your family will be fitter by the end of the summer.
    @lindamtuck2018 enjoy the celebration and brownie cheesecake. Cosmetic surgery is not covered here and I may not have enough kidney function to allow surgery even if I get the money saved for it.

• TheresaM787
    I’m in the process of menu planning for next week. I just came across this roasted salmon recipe from the brilliant Ina Garten.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-salmon-tacos-1-5209256.amp
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,782 Member
    Happy Father's Day to our amazing Men who are father's :)
  • TheresaM787
    Happy Father's Day to everyone.

Today will be one of indulgence in moderation. Breakfast was a donut and 6 holes. Ouch, but family went and got them from duncan before I woke up. Could have had more. Lunch is a spicy chicken strip. Daughter wants me to have it as we watch nascar race. I'm going to cut it up and put into a salad without dressing. Dinner is marinated tri-tip roast. One of my favs. I'll weigh my portions carefully to keep calories down. Zero cal tea instead of milk will help. The bad part is high sugar breakfast and massive salt for dinner. I make the marinade with Worcestershire sauce, soy, teriyake, soda, lemon juice. Salt everywhere.

Got a card from my daughter that is so cute and perfect. Hamster lifting a dumbbell. Wearing a sweatband. Press a button and 'Eye of the Tiger' plays and the hamster grunts as the dumbbell moves up and down. Hamster says uh-oh and help me. Made me laugh. It's from hallmark, so if you can find it check it out.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! Well done restricting yourself on the donuts 👏🏻👏🏻 that's a tough one (Krispy Kreme wound still fresh 🤦🏻‍♀️). That was a great idea cutting up the strip and putting it into a salad w/o dressing, excellent compromise. Oh boy, oh boy, your marinade sounds delicious. Enjoy that tri-tip roast. MMMmmmm. That was a perfectly hilarious card from your daughter. I'm so glad you had a terrific day, you deserved it Roger 🤩
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Steps 6/19: 15,511
  • 888Angie888
    Happy Birthday @rlaskey2!!!!🎉🎂
  • 888Angie888
    Happy Father's Day to the dad's!!!
  • TheresaM787
    Steps 6/19: 15,511

Woo hoo!!! Terrific step day 👏👏
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    @Poobah1972
    So are you now opening up your "home gym" to the public? It's a home gym on steroids 🤣 You can start your own home business with all of that great equipment.

AHah, yeah it's looking pretty good. :D
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Good Evening Everyone...

Busy busy day, no time to get hungry so that worked well. 21st consecutive fast Sunday is a complete success.

Anywhoo, I just dosed my "Sleeping Cocktail"

Just wanted to let everyone know that I managed to get the Cabinet/Drawer Counter thingy officially installed and it's just perfect for the spot. Now the Exercise room has a place to put all the Exercise Bit's and Bobs. Nice and organized. 🤓👍

cyvzk8o0mowg.jpg
    mx37x7i9idkm.jpg

I even made nice little Boxes to keep stuff sorted, and I lined the bottom two drawers with nice HD Cardboard so I won't be damaging the drawers. Does this make me some sort of Nerd? I like Nerds.

Kay good night everyone! 😎😊
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2021
    @lindamtuck2018 , @Beautyofdreams and @TheresaM787 : thank you so much! ❤️
This discussion has been closed.