Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,761 Member
    Agggghhhh! Just lost all of my responses. Let's try this again, going one at a time- fool me once...
    @888Angie888
    How long are you mediating for? What type are you doing?
    I have been using the Insight Timer app and shoot for just a few minutes a day--again with the something is better than nothing philosophy. It kind of baffles me how it seems to be so hard to set aside 5 minutes a day to not think. It sounds like it should be easy...right?

Thank you for sharing the app, I'll look into it. I want to start again and you're right it's just a few minutes each day. Although I stopped for the same reason that you mentioned, how it was hard to set aside five minutes every day to sit and not think. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thank you for the motivation to try again 🤗. HUGE step day- 19,248 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

That has been happening to me too much lately. That’s why I started quoting a few posts at a time. It’s so frustrating.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,794 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 You are approaching health and fitness in a long term sustainable way. The weight loss isn't the end game but a side effect. Wishing you much success!

Thank you so much @Beautyofdreams :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,794 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    I have decided to go off IF .. since I am hypoglycemic IF is not good for me .... I am dizzy with headaches almost daily ...I am not a breakfast person so it will be my bulletproof keto coffee .... then lunch dinner snack and my ice coffee at night....

I know your probably a bit miffed about that, but your obviously doing the right thing. Sorry IF didn't work out for you Megan! *hugz*

Thanks Jonathan ...I am okay with that ... I tried in the past and had the same issue... I wanted to try again to see if I could do it but I can't so time to move away from it
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    @emking517
    Wow, you lost 15 pounds 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Hope you had a great time at the beach

@Piqueaboo
    I'm sorry to hear about the funeral 🤗 Yes, I'm sure you will.

@Beautyofdreams
    That's so nice that you got together with your sister and mom again. That was a great idea, bringing your own snacks to enjoy during the movie.

@Poobah1972
    You are going to need a bigger room for all of your sexy exercise equipment.

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 685 Member
    @TheresaM787
    Those KK are like that. I think you've come up with the perfect plan though! We can't be perfect, but we don't want to make the same mistakes (don't really want to call it a mistake) again and again. So, this was a learning experience. Now you know what to do!

@Poobah1972
    You are really killing it! I love that you and Lynn work out together. That is such a good thing. Your gym is really nice. Love that new contraption you got! Thirty minutes on the elliptical is fantastic! Well done on getting eight hours of sleep. I can't tell you the last time I've gotten that much sleep. It really makes such a difference though!

@lindamtuck2018
    Wow, Linda! I agree with the others. You absolutely look younger and much more vibrant in the new picture! I love your spirit. I love that you keep on going. Keep up the great work!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Glad you're going to change things up a bit. You are working so hard, so I know it is frustrating to see that scale go up. I hope that with your changes you'll see the scale start to move down.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry you are stopping that. Hopefully you will be able to come back to it later.

Nice weigh ins again, everyone. Good losses or minor gains. Those gains will melt away. Especially in this heat.

I was able to put my pics up on my feed but they mysteriously get enlarged if I put them here. I have to be doing something wrong.
  • TheresaM787
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    6/13 8,411
    6/14 10,589
    6/15 16,061
    6/16 7,464
    6/17 10,509

That's an impressive list of steps Sloan👏🏻👏🏻
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @TheresaM787
    Those KK are like that. I think you've come up with the perfect plan though! We can't be perfect, but we don't want to make the same mistakes (don't really want to call it a mistake) again and again. So, this was a learning experience. Now you know what to do!

Thank you, I hope so. I told the kids last night my plan and they enthusiastically agreed. Which kind of surprised me, I thought they'd rather have more donuts.

• TheresaM787
    I'm honestly not too sure where I am with my steps this week so here's just the copy/paste from the group challenge!

13/6- 15,106
    14/6- 9,138
    15/6- 6,129
    16/6- 8,344
    17/6- 5,051
    18/6- 11,549
    19/6- TBD

Honestly the weekly challenge has been SO GOOD for me! Even on my days off, and when I wasn't feeling 100% I still pushed myself a little further to get more steps in! Tomorrow to hit the 70k challenge, I need to get in about 14,600 (and change) steps in. Which is pretty damn impressive considering my step goal is pretty low, to account for my days off and needing to be sitting and studying.

I have a walked planned with a good friend of mine tomorrow, so that should get some steps in for me!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tanya! Look how much farther you walked this week 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm so glad that the weekly challenge motivated you to keep going, that is an incredible list of steps!! Have fun walking with your friend tomorrow.
  • TheresaM787
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26
    Weigh-In Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 184.8
    CW:181.8

Happy to see a comeback from the negligible loss last week!

Congrats on your loss Laura 👏🏻👏🏻
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 6/18
    Steps - 8188. I would have liked about 4k more.
    Calories - about 1570. I just looked at it and already forgot. At least I'm remembering to log everything, I think.
    Exercise - early morning walk. Fitbit said 2.75 miles but I didn't use google maps, so 2.75 it is. 55 minutes. Daughter wants to hit the gym in the a.m. maybe I'll walk around the block instead of going in the gym.

The fiasco earlier with my pics got me frustrated and as a result I made bad food choices at lunch. I worked my dinner around to stay under. 0 cal tea instead of milk, no cheese on the burger, no sauce on the bun. I was upset with my lunch choices all afternoon.

You had a tremendous step day yesterday Roger 👏🏻👏🏻 Absolutely fantastic! Plus look at that low calorie day🙌🏻 Technology (said like Seinfeld used to say "Newman"). I'm sorry you became so frustrated, I get it. Technology is supposed to help, not hinder. Hopefully the MFP glitch with your picture is fixed soon. They must be working on something, because a lot of us couldn't see our feeds a few days ago. Your lunch choices are in the past, and look you already made up for it with your dinner choices 🤗 Be proud of those hard dinner decisions 🤗 Enjoy your morning walk or gym, whichever you decide.

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Good Saturday Morning Everyone, 😀

I'll keep it short this morning.

SLEEP SUCKED - I had a total of 4 hours and 31 minutes. Johnny Tired. 😐 😋😅

And for Cardio I went for a hard but short scoot on the Elliptical. The way I see it, the lack of sleep and Leg day yesterday, and the fact were about to go out shopping, and I have a cabinet to assemble and install on a wall (IN THE EXERCISE ROOM hehe) immediately after that. Oh and were having a family over for a BBQ later. I've got enough work on the agenda today, and in the grand scheme of things, I had a pretty fantastic week.

So yea just 15 minutes on the Elliptical, and a trip upstairs... I think I sort of sat on the bed staring off into space for a few minutes before I remembered to stop the timer. lol. Other than that, the Fitbit seems to have worked fantastic. Also knowing I was going for half the time; I really increased my pace and difficulty. "FUN FUN FUN" (translates to holy copious amounts of sweat batman).

Okay I better go figure out my nutrition for the day, and get going. Got stuff to do yo!

Have an amazing day everyone... 😀👍

6qwc76cod8gx.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,761 Member
    @Beautyofdreams
    Great snack choice! It is funny the things that cause water weight. You should see the weight drop pretty fast.

@Poobah1972
    I think you should sell memberships to your gym. Great workout! Ok enough with the pictures. I am now craving pizza at 8 am. All kidding aside, the pizza looks yummy.

@TheresaM787
    I am so glad krispy kreme closed in London. Now I only have to contend with them if the kids sell them in a fundraiser. You have a great plan going forward.

@iradi8
    Awesome steps for the week!

@littleflutterby
    Wow! Look at those steps. I found the challenge helpful this week also. I am confident that you can get your steps today. It is going to be a hot one today so take lots of water on your walk.

@Aqualang26
    Amazing loss!

@rwood566
    I just peeked at the feed and your transformation is unbelievable. Inspiring! Great check in. I really like that you adjusted your food for the rest of the day to make up for your lunch. It would have been so easy to just continue to eat bad for the rest of the day.
This discussion has been closed.