Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    You slept in late and still got in over 13,000 steps 😆👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 You're awesome! Glad you had fun at your friend's pool. Mmmm yes, I'm all about the simple cooking. No Julia Child here, using every pot and pan to make a dinner. Here is the link to my Pinterest boards- maybe you'll find something you like: https://www.pinterest.com/theresa787/food-eats-yummies/

@lmf1012
    I can see why you wanted a bit extra sleep, look at all of your steps from yesterday 🙌🏻🙌🏻!! Do you prefer walking in the mornings or the evenings?

@Poobah1972
    YES!! You did all 30 minutes on the elliptical 🎉🎉 Way to go Jonathan!

@lindamtuck2018
    Woo hoo!! 3 for 3 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Oh my goodness, that is a l-o-n-g list of things to get done in the house today. I'm glad you're having that second cup of coffee 😆
    I had to re-read the post, you definitely look much younger in the second photo. You look amazing Linda! That's a truly beautiful picture of the three of you on your birthday.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    How long are you mediating for? What type are you doing?
    I have been using the Insight Timer app and shoot for just a few minutes a day--again with the something is better than nothing philosophy. It kind of baffles me how it seems to be so hard to set aside 5 minutes a day to not think. It sounds like it should be easy...right?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'd like to dismiss myself from the step challenge please for now. thank you

I will just excuse you and just let me know when you want me to remove the excuse :)
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    I can’t see the difference besides the wrinkles.
    I can definitely see the difference! I also think you look younger now. Awesome progress!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Amazing transformation Linda :)
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 6/17: 19,248
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Well my plan for this morning was to get up at 5am and to go on our lonnnnnnng walk .... at midnight I was woken up by lightning and thunder and some rain weird it wasn't in the forecast .... we got out late yesterday to go for a walk and it was a bit warm for Aspen the husky granted it was a shorter walk but she was dead most of the day ..so I think my plan today is ....to try PiYo and possibly swim this afternoon

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW 225.0
    CW 228.8 (Gained 3.8 lbs) This is just a setback ... I will get to where I want to be eventually
    LTD: 40 lbs loss (at least I haven't gained everything I have lost )
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Well my plan for this morning was to get up at 5am and to go on our lonnnnnnng walk .... at midnight I was woken up by lightning and thunder and some rain weird it wasn't in the forecast .... we got out late yesterday to go for a walk and it was a bit warm for Aspen the husky granted it was a shorter walk but she was dead most of the day ..so I think my plan today is ....to try PiYo and possibly swim this afternoon

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW 225.0
    CW 228.8 (Gained 3.8 lbs) This is just a setback ... I will get to where I want to be eventually
    LTD: 40 lbs loss (at least I have gained everything I have lost )

You have the right attitude! You haven’t gained everything. Things will turn around. Remember I gained some of my weight back last year. Things have been going in the right direction slowly so keep the faith. It will happen.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW 225.0

You have the right attitude! You haven’t gained everything. Things will turn around. Remember I gained some of my weight back last year. Things have been going in the right direction slowly so keep the faith. It will happen.

Thanks Linda ... I am just baffled as to why I am gaining and gaining and gaining ... put new batteries in both of my scales .... weigh my food to the T ... loss 0 on 5/28 and have gained 14.8 in 3 weeks ...HOLY COW
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @888Angie888
    How long are you mediating for? What type are you doing?
    I have been using the Insight Timer app and shoot for just a few minutes a day--again with the something is better than nothing philosophy. It kind of baffles me how it seems to be so hard to set aside 5 minutes a day to not think. It sounds like it should be easy...right?

I don’t mediate but reading is my zen time. Nothing like losing yourself in a good book. Seriously though, I would love to start mediating. Hmmm, maybe a good goal for next month.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW 225.0

Thanks Linda ... I am just baffled as to why I am gaining and gaining and gaining ... put new batteries in both of my scales .... weigh my food to the T ... loss 0 on 5/28 and have gained 14.8 in 3 weeks ...HOLY COW

My only advice is change what you are doing with exercise calories. Start eating some if you haven’t been or cut back if you have. Make the change consistent for a few weeks so you get some good data. I have you checked the accuracy of both scales?
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    6/17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 11428
    Exercise 30min jogging/dancing in place

Yesterday was grocery shopping day. We also drove to a few garage sales that were in my mom's neighborhood. I've been looking for clothes for my kids cuz they won't stop growing haha. Not to mention how hard they are on clothes at this age. Well we pulled up to sale and I saw bins of girls clothes. Perfect. I was hoping they'd be the right size. Walked closer and saw 4t bins, and a 5t bin. Again perfect. Then saw a sign that said fill a bag for $5. Couldn't believe it. I basically cleaned them out haha, and got tons of cute stuff for my daughter. Now I just need to find clothes for my son! Last night I was short on steps so I just danced in place while we watched tv. I tried an old recumbent bike we have first but it's falling apart and honestly didn't give me steps as fast as dancing so I gave up on that. Time to take the bike to the dump.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 very nice pics. I see a good difference. Leaner face, thinner neck. Great to see the face that goes with the screen chat.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 311.2
    CW: 308.0. (-3.2)
    LTD: 258 (from 3/2019)

I did a small walk this morning. Hazy and humid. Chest was hurting. Heartburn type of burn.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    6/17 step count
  • rwood566
    Options
    Check in for 6/17:
    Steps - 4275. Grocery store and gym. 20 min bike.
    Calories - 1550. Fruit and hot air popcorn dessert.
    Exercise - gym. 6 machines and bike. 16 MPH level 9.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 11428
    Exercise 30min jogging/dancing in place

Yesterday was grocery shopping day. We also drove to a few garage sales that were in my mom's neighborhood. I've been looking for clothes for my kids cuz they won't stop growing haha. Not to mention how hard they are on clothes at this age. Well we pulled up to sale and I saw bins of girls clothes. Perfect. I was hoping they'd be the right size. Walked closer and saw 4t bins, and a 5t bin. Again perfect. Then saw a sign that said fill a bag for $5. Couldn't believe it. I basically cleaned them out haha, and got tons of cute stuff for my daughter. Now I just need to find clothes for my son! Last night I was short on steps so I just danced in place while we watched tv. I tried an old recumbent bike we have first but it's falling apart and honestly didn't give me steps as fast as dancing so I gave up on that. Time to take the bike to the dump.

My daughter goes on eBay. She said she gets really cute clothes for not much money. Last night I was short on steps and I thought of you walking/jogging in place. I walked around until I hit my target. Thanks for the inspiration.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 311.2
    CW: 308.0. (-3.2)
    LTD: 258 (from 3/2019)

I did a small walk this morning. Hazy and humid. Chest was hurting. Heartburn type of burn.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 6/17:
    Steps - 4275. Grocery store and gym. 20 min bike.
    Calories - 1550. Fruit and hot air popcorn dessert.
    Exercise - gym. 6 machines and bike. 16 MPH level 9.

Awesome loss! That’s an amazing LTD. Great gym session! I don’t like that your chest hurts. I hope you get all your test results soon.

6/17 step count

Crazy steps! Awesome!
This discussion has been closed.