Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 220.0
    🙂

Fantastic loss!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    So... has anyone else noticed that our team has the most posts (1.3k posts) and the next team closest to us has 357 😆 We are so awesome!!

lmf1012 wrote: »
    6/23 steps 9,677
    I was ordering pizza last night for the kiddos and decided to see if I could fit some thin crust pizza into my calories and I was able to. So I ate it. And felt guilty since it is not what I have been eating the last 12 weeks. Today was an up day on the scale, feels like a bit of a punishment, grrrr.
    Logically, people eat anything within their calories and lose weight and this makes sense. But, my head is convinced I won’t lose weight unless I only eat “healthy” foods. Seeing the scale go up after eating pizza just seems to reinforce this illogical thinking.

Amazing step day today Joni!! Everyone has their own eating preferences. Somewhere along the way I was binge listening to two weight loss/maintenance podcasts, HalfSize Me and We Only Look Thin. They both repeated the same message: Is what you are eating sustainable? When you hit maintenance (and Joni you will hit maintenance), will you want to continue eating the same way? Here are their weblinks if you want to give them a listen (also on Apple podcasts and Google podcasts): https://www.halfsizeme.com/category/podcast/
    https://www.weonlylookthin.com/subscribe-to-podcast/
    I subscribe to making mostly healthy choices with not-so-healthy thrown in. Again, everyone has their own eating preferences. Whichever eating style you decide doesn't have to be forever, you can always change it if you find one way doesn't work for you. Let us know what you decide. 🤗

red1185 wrote: »
    I feel like this week’s weigh-in is going to be a rough one. It’s TOM, and I’ve been consuming a good bit of salt. I also haven’t been reaching my step goal this week. I’m working on corrective action, and remembering my NSVs, trying not overthink and get too bummed out. We’ll see what happens.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for the last few days:
    6/21: 1,793
    6/22: 5,111
    6/23: 3,790

Yup, my weight goes up during that TOM also. I've come to accept that there will be natural fluctuations in my weight. My graph looks like a craggy hilltop. Glad to hear that you are trying to get in a better mindset, by remembering your NSVs, not overthinking and not putting yourself down. Allow yourself some grace- pretend you're giving one of us advice. 🤗

Check in for Wednesday
    ✅Steps 6,851
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am getting kicked in the butt from my COVID vaccine. Bottom line is I and grateful to be fully vaccinated and this is a walk in the park compared to COVID. I will be taking it easy today and hopefully back at it tomorrow.

Edit to say I just got an email that the outdoor pool is opening near my daughters. My membership there as expired but I will phone to see if I can renew it later today.

Happy Thursday!

Another terrific step day Linda!! Three for three again 👏🏻👏🏻 Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Which vaccine did you get? I hope you feel better soon 🤗 That's terrific news about the pool near your daughters. Gosh, you definitely do not want me meal planning (I'm always last minute). My mom always made it look so easy, every day something different and delicious. Never saw her pouring over cookbooks to try and decide what to make. She's a natural, still is.

We just got back from a 141 minutes 5.65 miles with a 733 burn :) very warm this morning..we have been in the 90's the last few days back up to 107 and 109 ewwwwwww

I love seeing your posts sharing how long and far you walked 👏🏻👏🏻 I keep saying one day, I'll get there. One day... 🤔😆
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 220.0
    🙂
    Steps 6/23: 19,397

Congrats on your loss👏🏻👏🏻 AND all 19,397 steps!! How far did you walk? That's amazing 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Steps 6/23 8,542

Trying to get in the habit of checking in twice...yesterday I forgot 🤦🏼‍♀️

I'm struggling for dinner with the family and ended up eating not so great although I stayed under with my calories. Things I need to work on.

Congratulations on everyone's goals...you are such an inspiration

Way to go Joyce, over 8,500 steps👏🏻👏🏻 Well done staying under your calories 😄 and recognizing something to work on. Keep at it, every day we get better 🤗

@Poobah1972
    I'm sorry to hear about all of the nonsense from work. Ridiculous when adults behave like children. I love how much you research your equipment. Seriously, I think you may have owned a gym in a previous life. 😄

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 8,810
    Got moving early to take my daughter to have last two baby teeth pulled. They sedated her so she was loopy after. We laid low for most of the day. She insisted on frozen yogurt later in the day, which I had with them even though it isn’t may favorite.

Well done on all of those steps!! Poor kid, I hope she's feeling ok 🤗. You know my son asked for frozen custard after he had two of his baby teeth pulled (he had shark teeth- didn't even know humans could grow two rows of teeth).

Steps 6/24 - 6,566
    Stayed under my calories but.....🙄
    Spent most of the day running and I didn't my walk in...will try to do better tomorrow 🙃

Wow, over 6,500 steps and that's without getting your walk in! Amazing 👏🏻👏🏻 Great job staying under your calories.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅ YES!!! With one second to spare 😅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 16,500

Woo hoo! Extremely busy day. Started with coffee and you guys 😄, next a 4.28 mile walk (84 minutes) with my hubby, breakfast, then made waffles for the kids (one for me too), biked 8 miles, shower, read with the boy for a little, went to Costco (hello extra steps), had lunch, had a Nerf battle (summer bucket list item) with the kids for 90 minutes (hello even more steps), hubby made yummy spicy tuna tar tar for dinner, movie and popcorn (at home, another summer bucket list item; kids had Simply Butter and I had air popped - with Sno Caps 😲 pre-budgeted them in to make sure I'd have enough calories), circled back to you guys, soon off to bed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,963 Member
    Options
    So... has anyone else noticed that our team has the most posts (1.3k posts) and the next team closest to us has 357 😆 We are so awesome!!
    Yes I noticed .... we do have an amazing team..... Very proud to be part of such wonderful & supportive people who love to chat ... I also love being the co-captain of this greeeeeeeeat team :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good week.

Check in for 6/24:
    Steps - 10022. It was 9994 but I couldn't let it stay there so I went to the kitchen to grab a peanut, came back and saw I needed water and went back to the kitchen.
    Calories - 1550. Cantaloupe and peach for dessert.
    Exercise - 3.59 mile walk in 70 min in morning and gym in afternoon. 7 machines.

Tomorrow is catfish day. Something good to eat. Saturday is chocolate pudding day and coconut day. Sugar free pudding with some toasted coconut for a light dessert. Sunday is ice cream cake day. A nice family treat in the afternoon. It's also onion day, but I wouldn't recommend combining those two. Have a wonderful weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/23 8,542

Trying to get in the habit of checking in twice...yesterday I forgot 🤦🏼‍♀️

I'm struggling for dinner with the family and ended up eating not so great although I stayed under with my calories. Things I need to work on.

Congratulations on everyone's goals...you are such an inspiration
    Steps 6/24 - 6,566

Stayed under my calories but.....🙄

Spent most of the day running and I didn't my walk in...will try to do better tomorrow 🙃

Sometimes it’s hard to eat perfect but you did stay under calories. I think in this weight loss journey it’s not about perfection but finding out how to make this fit in to your life. I refuse to cook two separate meals so I try to find ways to lighten up my husband’s favourites. Great step day!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 8,810

Got moving early to take my daughter to have last two baby teeth pulled. They sedated her so she was loopy after. We laid low for most of the day. She insisted on frozen yogurt later in the day, which I had with them even though it isn’t may favorite.

Nice steps! It’s nice she got a treat after going through the teeth removal.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Hey guys... Sorry I haven't been around or commented on anyone's news feed. That huge project we landed, had been delayed due to usual BS, and also a Strike. We've just been given official permission by the Company and the Union to cross the picket line to commence our project (as it's related to Dam Stability, and safety etc.)

So I've been either up to my neck and work, or in meetings all day long. But I do miss you guys. 😃🤗

And I ended up finding a preacher curl attachment for my bench... It arrived yesterday. And I had time to test it out after work today. Also made some pretty awesome safety and aesthetic modifications to Lynn and I's Dumbbell Stands.

I also spent part of the day yesterday contact every single Ironmaster dealer in Canada by email. Trying to see if anyone0 could get the 120lb Dumbbell addon kit, and or a 45 pound set of dumbbells (as every site showed it out of stock). Ultimately that would give me 2 dumbbells that can quick change and use all the same plates and a third when my Pepin handle arrives (that also goes well with ironmaster weights). etc.

Turns out only one of these dealers didn't have an online order system available. And that dealer just wrote me back... That by some grace of god they have not just 1 but 2 120LB dumbbell kits IN STOCK!!! Obviously I only want one... But that's a huge BOON, and the only reason they have it is likely because they have no Online order capability and no-one thought to call or email them?

He also confirmed that it's true, not a single Canadian dealer has been able to order any new Dumbbells for over a year and a half now. The only way to get them is if people try the lottery system direct with ironmaster for a small chance to buy something.. (next one is in mid July).

Sadly, he doesn't have the 45lb dumbbell set... But I'm so luck as it is that I even got what I do have (the 75lb kit, with heavy handle kit). Now lets hope he agrees to ship the 120lb kit to Ontario, from Alberta. (erg).

Again I'm super excited... Pardon my weight lifting nerding out over Dumbbells. Lol 🤓

Now I gota go to bed... Need lots of rest for Leg DAY!!!! :smiley:

I miss working but not the stressful parts. I like that you haven’t let this stand in the way of your amazing exercise routine. Like I said before you need to start selling memberships to that gym of yours. It sounds like you have a great setup.

Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅ YES!!! With one second to spare 😅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 16,500

Woo hoo! Extremely busy day. Started with coffee and you guys 😄, next a 4.28 mile walk (84 minutes) with my hubby, breakfast, then made waffles for the kids (one for me too), biked 8 miles, shower, read with the boy for a little, went to Costco (hello extra steps), had lunch, had a Nerf battle (summer bucket list item) with the kids for 90 minutes (hello even more steps), hubby made yummy spicy tuna tar tar for dinner, movie and popcorn (at home, another summer bucket list item; kids had Simply Butter and I had air popped - with Sno Caps 😲 pre-budgeted them in to make sure I'd have enough calories), circled back to you guys, soon off to bed.

Look at all that green! Your steps are awesome. Boy, you were a busy bee yesterday. What are Sno Caps? To answer your question, I had AstraZeneca for my first and Moderna for my second. The government made changes due to the blood clot risk of AstraZeneca.

Yes I noticed .... we do have an amazing team..... Very proud to be part of such wonderful & supportive people who love to chat ... I also love being the co-captain of this greeeeeeeeat team :)

You are right, this is an amazing and supportive group.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good week.

Check in for 6/24:
    Steps - 10022. It was 9994 but I couldn't let it stay there so I went to the kitchen to grab a peanut, came back and saw I needed water and went back to the kitchen.
    Calories - 1550. Cantaloupe and peach for dessert.
    Exercise - 3.59 mile walk in 70 min in morning and gym in afternoon. 7 machines.

Tomorrow is catfish day. Something good to eat. Saturday is chocolate pudding day and coconut day. Sugar free pudding with some toasted coconut for a light dessert. Sunday is ice cream cake day. A nice family treat in the afternoon. It's also onion day, but I wouldn't recommend combining those two. Have a wonderful weekend.

Amazing steps Roger! Way to go moving a little more to hit 10k. I think I will skip catfish. I only had it once and I didn’t care for it. Ice cream cake sounds delicious so I would definitely go for that.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    ❌Steps 2,879
    ❌Sleep
    ❌Walk

PW 209.6
    CW 209.6

I don’t know what to say. My low was 207 on Wednesday. Every time I am not feeling well and don’t eat a lot my weight goes up. All I ate from Wednesday evening is a couple of slices of toast. 🤷‍♀️ Edit: I have been thinking about my weigh in and I think my body likes to bounce around a weight for a few weeks and then drop. I was stuck at 212 for awhile and now I a bouncing around 209.

No nausea today just really tired and I am still sore all over. I am going to go for a walk today with one of the ladies in the building. Grandkids are coming over either today or tomorrow. We had a plan to go to Harvey’s but I am not sure if I want to do that after today’s weigh in. Also, with the pool opening near my daughter they are extending my membership at no cost. There is no adult swim so I won’t get to do laps but I will be playing with the kids which should burn calories. Also, while the little one is jumping in the pool I tread water.

Happy Friday!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    tz8xn7b4ir52.jpeg

Thanks for this
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    We've made it... Another work weekend is nearly upon us! JOY!!!!!!! 😁😋

That little drug concoction I take before double workout days, sure does the trick. In fact, I think it only takes all of 15 minutes to totally knock me out, assuming I'm in bed that quick. So um, I totally missed my cuddles. Apparently, I got them (God bless her soul)... But I just don't remember them. *Sniffle Sniffle​* 😆😊

Kay kay, enough of the cuddle talk from Mr. Princess here... 😋 With the added rest and 85 sleep score, I felt much more refreshed this morning. Although my ankle hurt every step of the way down the stairs to the basement, thankfully the Elliptical cured whatever it was that ailed me and I'm completely fine now. Did my 30 minutes, and the Fitbit worked for the most part. I guess it depends on what kind of mood the fitbit is in? 👍😎

LEG DAY!!! Immediately after work tonight. So, I'm excited and very trepidatious at the same time. That hex bar is coming out, and I'm doing 1 warm upset @ 160 pounds, and then I'm not yet sure how heavy I'll go Maybe 230, and if I can do that 280 ????? 😮😳 But I do know I've already ordered 2 more sets of 45 pound weights... Cause If I can do 280 for reps, then I'll need em soon. 😈

Trepidatious for sure... Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway, I'll be sure to use good form, and try not to hurt myself. If anything, I'll be gassed to the max just trying to complete my reps and still hold on. 🙂

Well off to work... I'll probably be busy as heck again today. But I'll definitely try and catch up with people tonight.

Have an amazing Friday and weekend everyone! 😎🤗💖

This morning's workout..

hs1vorxcmsky.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Those NSV are so important. I am definitely not on speaking terms with my scale either. I live on the 11th floor so I am going to hurt them if I don’t get cooperation soon.

@Poobah1972
    You show up everyday. Your excitement about exercise is contagious. Great job on that elliptical.

@Z10Rtza
    Amazing steps!

This discussion has been closed.