Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,826 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Amazing steps and weigh ins again. Congrats everyone.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 27k steps cleaning a room? Are you a centipede? Great job. Glad someone will get use out of your old set and enjoy your new one.

@TheresaM787 it was a good game, but a sad ending. The wrong team won. Lovely steps.

@Poobah1972 way to push it. You are so driven.

Check in for 6/25:
    Steps - TBD
    calories - about 1350. Shockingly low but not happy about my lunch. One catfish fillet and steamed vegs for dinner.
    Exercise - just washed the car. Daughter wanted to hit the gym but I wasn't feeling well. Spent the night with a headache.

I cleaned other areas but most of it was the big guest room/gym
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/25: 18,993
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Check in for 6/25
    Steps 3750.

@TheresaM787 I'm not happy with my lunch because I overrate and couldn't stop when I tried.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday
    ✅Steps 8,930
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk

I had a nice walk yesterday with the lady from my building. I was tired and sore when I got back so I had a long nap. Having a nap is so luxurious. It’s raining here so no outdoor walk. We are off to go grocery shopping and pick the grandkids up afterwards.

Have a great Saturday!

Thank you so much, that was a lot of water for me. I thought I was going to pop. You know half of the Lightning was born in Canada, so... thank you 😆 It was nice hearing the Lighting talk about how they are looking forward to playing on their birthplace home ice (and not in a bubble this time).
    MAGNIFICENT amount of steps yesterday👏🏻👏🏻 You went well beyond your first goal and then you blew past your second goal 💨 Do a step dance Linda for hitting your goal 🙌🏻 That's so nice that you are walking with the lady from your building. The nap sounds lovely. Do you count the nap in towards your sleep goal, or is it just continuous night sleep?
    Enjoy those grandkids 🤗

Hockey is a Canadian tradition. I was a big Edmonton Oilers fan back in the Gretzky days. No, I don’t count a nap. I try not to nap as it tends to mess up my sleep that night.

146.4 is my weigh in today since returning from vacation. I'm excited to get back on track with my routine. I wasn't very active and ate poorly which really effected how I felt in a negative manner. The steps I did get in Thurs & Friday were really slow and just not how I walk or practice fitness.

You won’t be long shedding the vacation weight. You are pumped to get back on track so that’s half the battle.
    red1185 wrote: »
    Red1185
    PW: 160.6
    CW: 161.8

A slight gain, but in all honesty not as bad as what I was expecting. Depending on the weather I will take the dog to the park or jump on the treadmill if it’s too hot. I’m not happy that I’m STILL in the 160s when just a couple weeks ago I was in the 150s, but it is what it is. Gotta keep moving. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself, but it is very frustrating.

Definitely be kind to yourself. We are our own biggest critics. You have been making adjustments to get yourself back on track. That’s a win.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Just got back from our lonnnnnnng walk with the some spurts of jogging on a trail .....231 minutes .... 9.77 miles and 1382 calorie burn 24,970 steps and it is still early in California :)

That’s a long walk for sure. How do you walk so long and still get things done? I walk an average of 30 minutes and it feels like I scramble to fit that in. You must have great time management. Want to give me lessons? Awesome job!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from our lonnnnnnng walk with the some spurts of jogging on a trail .....231 minutes .... 9.77 miles and 1382 calorie burn 24,970 steps and it is still early in California :)

That’s a long walk for sure. How do you walk so long and still get things done? I walk an average of 30 minutes and it feels like I scramble to fit that in. You must have great time management. Want to give me lessons? Awesome job!

Thanks Linda .... Well since we got everything done yesterday there isn't anything to do today ...I got up at 4:45am to get out by 5am this morning ...so I just woke up from a nap :p ..yes I normally have great time management and sure I will give you lessons :p
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps 3,444 6/26

Not great...but spent quality time with the family.

How was the axe throwing? Family time is the best.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Red1185
    PW: 160.6
    CW: 161.8

A slight gain, but in all honesty not as bad as what I was expecting. Depending on the weather I will take the dog to the park or jump on the treadmill if it’s too hot. I’m not happy that I’m STILL in the 160s when just a couple weeks ago I was in the 150s, but it is what it is. Gotta keep moving. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself, but it is very frustrating.

Love that mindset, "gotta keep moving". I'm glad you're trying not to be too hard on yourself. 🤗 You'll be back in the 150s in no time. I know it's frustrating. You are getting stronger, you are developing great habits, you are going to hit your goals.

Just read your latest post- a FOUR MILE walk on the treadmill 👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉 Look at all of your steps!! Absolutely incredible 😁 I'm so happy for you🤗

Almost FOUR HOURS and OVER NINE 3/4 MILES😲🤩👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Plus you had spurts of jogging?!? Megan, you never cease to amaze me😁 You hit more steps in your one lonnnnnnnnng walk, then I usually do in two days 😆 Oh and just read that you got up at 4:45, that's even more extreme than 5:00 (a time that apparently exists in the morning, although I don't see how). You my dear are a walking maniac! 🤩🙌🏻🙌🏻

@888Angie888 Steps 6/25: 18,993
    Oh yeah, look who's dancing at 19,000 steps 🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@rwood566 I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you mean, I recently went a tad overboard downing Krispy Kreme donuts, I thought I kicked that habit- nope. You stay under your calorie budget so often, that that lunch was a blip in the food diary. Roger, you are doing so well, making healthy choices, eating under budget, getting in your steps and exercising on various machines at the gym. 🤗

@lindamtuck2018
    I love your GIF (with the two crunches)🤣!!
    Yes, here we say that Canadians learn how to skate before walking. Oh Gretsky, he dominated my Islanders.

@MSWarrior7088
    How was ax throwing with the boys? Glad you are enjoying your family time AND that you still got in about 3,500 steps 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks Theresa .... I love my mornings and I do not want to be out there with a husky at 100+ weather ...it is so peaceful at 5am when we leave ..I love it :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Since tomorrow is our 1st week of July ...Will you please let me know if you want to stay, be removed ,Excused from my step challenge? Thank you in advance :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    6/20 8417
    6/21 13515
    6/22 12203
    6823 14139
    6/24 11089
    6/25 11271
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 22,000 😃 It was a huge walking day. Ok, not a Megan-sized walking day, but really high for me 😆. While waiting for hubby to wake up and meet me outside, I walked four miles. I was honestly done at that point. I didn't have my coffee before walking, and I was really wanting that giant mug of delicious caffeine. I was heading inside, when hubby was waiting for me outside (I had to pee, I swear my bladder must be the size of a walnut). That sweet amazing man suggested we walk to the coffee house (about 1/2 mile away). Grabbed my mask and we walked straight away to the coffee house. Mmmmmm. Now fully caffeinated, we continued on our three mile walk. By the time we returned home, I walked a bit over 7 1/2 miles. Ok, so it wasn't a continuous walk. Had to stop to pee. Had to stop to get coffee. Hopefully, I'll be able to do these mini-Megan's every weekend (although, not going to stress if time doesn't allow for it).
    Today was ice cream sundaes for dinner (kids summer bucket list item). They each put in a whole banana and probably two tablespoons of peanut butter in their bowls. They were so excited, even though there wasn't much room left in the bowl for the ice cream. I chopped up about 3/4 of a banana, melted a tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it into 3/4 cup of Halo Top peanut butter chocolate ice cream. It was so unbelievably decadent. I'll definitely be working to save room in my day for this treat at least once a week (320 calories).
    Ready for bed. Didn't get much sleep last night.
    Already looking forward to walking tomorrow. What did you people do to me??? 🤗
  • iradi8
    Options
    @MSWarrior7088
    Axe throwing sounds like so much fun! I've see those places, but we don't have one around here.

@lindamtuck2018
    I ate at that restaurant when we visited Frankenmuth back in 2010! We also went to that giant year-round Christmas store. Boy, that brings back memories!

@red1185
    I so feel your pain! I'm up and down so much. You're right. It is what it is and we have to keep moving and keep logging.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I love it when the things on the curb go so quickly. It's nice to know that someone else can use the things that we no longer want:) Enjoy your new home gym when it comes!

@rwood566
    Catfish is so good! You are doing great. Washing the car is a lot of work!

@TheresaM787
    You have really had a lot of steps lately! That is awesome!
  • iradi8
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Wow! Look at those steps/miles! You are now getting right up there with Megan:) That ice cream sundae sounds amazing with the banana and peanut butter. Love Halo Top!

• lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    6/20 8417
    6/21 13515
    6/22 12203
    6823 14139
    6/24 11089
    6/25 11271

Nice stepping!

Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 22,000 😃 It was a huge walking day. Ok, not a Megan-sized walking day, but really high for me 😆. While waiting for hubby to wake up and meet me outside, I walked four miles. I was honestly done at that point. I didn't have my coffee before walking, and I was really wanting that giant mug of delicious caffeine. I was heading inside, when hubby was waiting for me outside (I had to pee, I swear my bladder must be the size of a walnut). That sweet amazing man suggested we walk to the coffee house (about 1/2 mile away). Grabbed my mask and we walked straight away to the coffee house. Mmmmmm. Now fully caffeinated, we continued on our three mile walk. By the time we returned home, I walked a bit over 7 1/2 miles. Ok, so it wasn't a continuous walk. Had to stop to pee. Had to stop to get coffee. Hopefully, I'll be able to do these mini-Megan's every weekend (although, not going to stress if time doesn't allow for it).
    Today was ice cream sundaes for dinner (kids summer bucket list item). They each put in a whole banana and probably two tablespoons of peanut butter in their bowls. They were so excited, even though there wasn't much room left in the bowl for the ice cream. I chopped up about 3/4 of a banana, melted a tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it into 3/4 cup of Halo Top peanut butter chocolate ice cream. It was so unbelievably decadent. I'll definitely be working to save room in my day for this treat at least once a week (320 calories).
    Ready for bed. Didn't get much sleep last night.
    Already looking forward to walking tomorrow. What did you people do to me??? 🤗

You are on fire! That’s a lot of walking. Great job! Your dessert sounds delicious. Must be something in the air as my sleep hasn’t been the greatest for a few nights.
This discussion has been closed.