This June I Will...

Options

Replies

• tryingtoloveme97
    tryingtoloveme97 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Thing is: I LOVE MY WATER COLD. just... not as the first thing I drink...

Question now: If I make a cup of tea, and I do not add sugar or milk/creamer, does it count as water? Because that could be something I do. I love tea, and have finally found tea I can drink black/plain.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    @tryingtoloveme97 Technically all liquid counts as water. I’d say tea would be fine, especially herbal tea for your first thing in the morning drink. Maybe move that big glasses of cold water to later in the day.

@SummerSkier , I’m so sorry that you had such a miserable experience with your routine test. That is not okay!
  • 77tes
    Options
    So far doing great on my tree poses

June 1 🌲
    June 2 🌲
    June 3 🌲
    June 4 🌲
    June 5 🌲
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    For my 100-day challenge, I’m tracking making art of any kind for at least 5 mins.
    Began May 1
    6/1 ✅Day 31 🧵🏔🪡
    6/2 ✅Day 32 🖊 👃🏻👄🌶
    6/3 ✅Day 33 🧵🏔📿
    6/4 ✅Day 34 🧵🏔✂️
    6/5 ✅Day 35 🧵✂️🪡
    6/6
    6/7
    6/8
    6/9
    6/10

Kept salt 🧂 down until dinner.
    ⬆️ For the day. Had my first restaurant or takeout meal in 477 days. Takeout from our son’s favorite Mexican restaurant on his last night of his stay. I had skipped it the other two times :)

(We might hike later in month with him, but this was a special night.)

I stopped mid-bite 🎉 & packed up the rest.🎉
    I put back nuts & chocolate after dinner (to meet my goal from yesterday.)🎉

I figure I can eat out once every ~ 500 days! 😁

Calories under - just!
    Limit nuts & v dark choc to a total under 2.5oz
    Nuts 31grams
    choc 35 grams
    66 grams < 70g🎉YAY

I’m very happy to have been moderate. I can see how much I’ve changed these past 5-1/2 years!
    🎉
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Days 1-4: 🌟

@SummerSkier

That ultrasound tech sounds awful. I'm really sorry you experienced that, and I'm glad you completed the survey honestly. Hopefully, she will improve her patient skills.

I bet a lot of your co-workers are uncomfortable being back in the office.

@angelic845

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Love all the progress I'm seeing in this thread, everyone! 💗

• angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @tryingtoloveme97

My thing about water is...I prefer tap water (or water from my refrigerator's filter) cold or cool, but I like bottled water room temperature.
  • angelic843
    Options
    My Habit Tracker Update
    (sleep, water, walk, calories, total steps, resistance training)

June 1st - 6/6
    June 2nd - 1/6
    June 3rd - 6/6
    June 4th - 6/6
    June 5th - 5/6
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @angelic843 Sending belated birthday wishes! Congrats on the honor of being elected to the seat on teachers association 🎉 And on the weight loss! Great week!
  • nebslp
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I’m at 100% for my accountability goal. That is recording on Habit Bull every day before going to bed to keep track of how my other goals (old) are coming along.

r5u2cfte6pmt.png
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @nebslp

I like that tracker!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    @nebslp that is very cool! I really enjoy going back and revisiting some of my older habits also to see how they are doing. The one I have enjoyed the most is favoriting my photos daily and then at the start of the new month transferring them to the 2 USBs which drive my digital photo frames. :) Yesterday I had the most fun doing a photo shoot with Bandit. It's been so muddy we have had to just hand graze and I don't really like to turn him out in the covered arena because the footing altho good for riding is abrasive to his skin when he is doing a lot of rolling and such. Anyway, I snagged this action shot which I think shows just how much JOY there is in his heart and soul.

769vsdin0ab8.png
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Look at that playful boy! 💞 🐴 💞
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier the big guy is stepping out - getting his moves on! I was just wondering if the photo transfer habit has stuck because you get the immediate and ongoing reward of enjoying the memories every time you look at your digital frames 🤔 That’s better than one and done. We’ve talked a lot about giving ourselves immediate rewards, but I haven’t given much thought to ongoing ones. And even though you’re performing the same action, there is variety in the result. This is a lot to ponder 💭

I have a few more habits below these that I haven’t met my goal on…needlework 5 days a week and strength training 2 days. I think they are pulling down my percentage. I’ll see what happens if I get with the program this week.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @nebslp that app looks pretty cool! I'm thinking about downloading it.

@SummerSkier Bandit looks like he's happy things are opening up, too! :D

@MadisonMolly2017 - I'm looking forward to my first restaurant meal in...seriously, I don't know. I'm so glad you are enjoying your son's visit.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Meds, Days 1-5, 🌟
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes The free version of the app allows you to log 5 goals. I don’t remember how much the premium app is but you can add lots of goals. I have 10 or so this month. Each habit is customized by however many times or minutes you want to do it each week. Apparently I paid or am still paying for it but don’t know for sure 🤔???? Guess I should find out!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @PKM 0515 great job with the meds😁
  • angelic843
    Options
    @nebslp I like that digital tracker.
    Right now I am enjoying my paper tracker that I color in...but when school starts back up and I have less time...I may go back to digital. And thank you for the birthday wishes.

@SummerSkier - I love that you make a habit that allows you to enjoy your pictures. I am terrible when it comes to remembering to take photos...lol

@PKM0515 & @MadisonMolly2017 @77tes - Great job on your habits so far this month.

@77tes - One of my long term goals is to start doing yoga. When I visualize myself as a fit and happy person, I always see myself doing yoga...LOL

However, as someone who is super-morbidly obese with a lot of knee issues, I am hesitant to start until I get some of the weight off. I know there are free chair yoga videos on Youtube, (and I tried one) but it doesn't seem the same. According to my orthopedic doctor, my knee issue will not go away when I lose weight...but I just keep thinking...it's got to a least help a little.

• SummerSkier
    Options
    This monthly habit community has really helped me over the past (almost year gasp!)

The picture digital filing has stuck
    The floss/water pick has stuck
    Right now working on the heart/BP healthy approach to my food is a work in progress. I want to make sure it’s sustainable because I know what the rollercoaster ride is like and I do nOT like it. 😒

@angelic843 I think you are right and your Dr is wrong. I lost only about 30 pounds but I felt a HUGE difference in my knees.

@PKM0515 excellent start to the month with the meds! I only have 1 which I have to take (synthroid) and because it is not supposed to be taken with anything pretty much I just take it with a small glass of water at some time during the night when I get up to pee. I suppose that s a pretty good habit. “When I get up to pee, I will drink water and take my med”

@nebslp I looked at some of the digital habit tracker apps and I think they probably provide a lot more data than the monthly written ones but I do not want another place to record things. LOL. I have enough with recording my runs on a daily basis and logging food here.

@MadisonMolly2017 sounds like your 100 days is off to a magnificent start! And sailing is so amazing and sheer joy. Happy you got to have such a great visit with your boy!!!

@themedalist I hope that your travel is going well and the memorial service was a good time for fond memories of the deceased.

@77tes I have given up on the tree. :( I might look again next month as I really need it. Do you have a BEAUTIFUL June tracker to show us? LOL.

@texasgardnr I am not giving up on your finding time to check in with us and let us know how things are going!?
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Ps: if all my habits were attached to peeing I would be pretty much “in like flint”. 😎😉😂