This June I Will...

Options

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I went on a 30 min walk today and it was beautiful ❤️ My mom came with so we took our time and walked a mile. The weather was so nice here. I did my 15 mins of yoga and held the tree pose for 1 min. on left then right leg twice for each. I had an Amazing day. Hope everyone's tomorrow is great.

Love this!!! 💖
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Well, I broke my 15 day streak yesterday evening, but I sort of had a good excuse:

xu7sln2uc28k.png

I brought them home around dinner time yesterday. I'm not used to little ones in the house (but I love it)!
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah kittens!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    Finally a moment to update! Loving the kittens. Young critters bring so much joy of living to the world!!! Glad you broke down and brought a pair home. @PKM0515 ❤️

Work is busy and being back in the office is exhausting but I knew it would be the first week or so. I am having to review what habits I have in place since WFH and adjust a little bit (ok a lot!) in order to keep myself focused. The first thing I had to do was set an alarm clock again for a =bout 15 minutes earlier so I had backwards planned enough time to get my run in before work. This has worked well and the earlier run time has given me the treat of seeing a hummer on my desert willow tree and also a beautiful sunrise.

Other habits like photo review and food prep I am having more difficultly finding the right timing just yet but I am sure things will gel better over the next weeks.

Happy June everyone..

Summer
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 Such sweet little babies!
    (My kitties and doggie are my babies...they bring me so much joy!)
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone...

Well...I am losing my vacation water weight at a rate of 2lbs per day! Which is great...and reaffirms mybelief that it IS in fact just water weight. However, I still think I'll be up tomorrow from last week. :-( Hopefully I'm wrong...but even losing 2lbs by tomorrow will have me at a small gain.

That being said...I am still proud of myself for not letting my vacation gain discourage me...sometimes (in the past) the sodium gains have messed with my mindset. This time I have stayed the course and focused on my habit tracker.

Angela
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone...

Well...I am losing my vacation water weight at a rate of 2lbs per day! Which is great...and reaffirms mybelief that it IS in fact just water weight. However, I still think I'll be up tomorrow from last week. :-( Hopefully I'm wrong...but even losing 2lbs by tomorrow will have me at a small gain.

That being said...I am still proud of myself for not letting my vacation gain discourage me...sometimes (in the past) the sodium gains have messed with my mindset. This time I have stayed the course and focused on my habit tracker.

Angela

Thanks for letting us know! @angelic834
    I eat a low to medium sodium diet so my weight stays very constant, but in the past month or so I had to modify my diet which made it high sodium until I re ignited it & turned it around. I have to say eating the lower sodium diet is now worth it for me - I don’t miss the extra salt - and I have an accurate scale wt.

Now at almost 3 years maintenance, if I’m eating low/medium sodium
    & I have a high salt meal or frozen dinner, I’ll say “remember, scale will be up tomorrow” and when I sleepily weigh myself the next morning , and it’s up1-2 lbs “I say yup remember high salt dinner?” I then usually knock off half the “gain” since the previous day. If the scale continues to drop over the next day or two, all’s good. If it stays high or goes up, I go back & increase the previous wts (I’ve never had to.)

This is not the solution for others, but for me it’s like a reward for getting right back on track the next day - lower sodium & more water.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation- I had a wonderful time and am catching up on my routines. Yes, like you @angelic834 I’ve got some vacation pounds to shift, but no regrets.

@SummerSkier going back to work after working so long from home. My daughters are really nervous about that - they’ve got such a rhythm going now.

Here’s a picture of my sister and I hiking on Thumb Butte. 😊 🧗‍♀️ That’s the butte behind my sister’s head.
    tl4bnxsho68z.jpeg

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    @77tes what an amazing photo. I see JOY JOY JOY!!!! Glad you had a great vacation. Love the hats too.

And we have kittens to discuss names for also. :)

Back to work first week. I actually took vacation on Friday and stayed home Thursday afternoon. I was pretty tired and need to get new routines going. The whole last 15 months feel like a dream. Did this really happen?

The routines I need to figure out are food prep of course. Used to being home all day and easy to grab a moment to prep dinner or lunch time things. Not so easy when working full time. sigh. But I am sure it will come together.

I got the results of my bloodwork yesterday and altho not perfect I am pleased that things moved in a good direction overall. A couple #s outside "the normal" but nothing alarming. So I will take it as a win situation. We will see what my Dr says in a few months when I get my annual.

Meanwhile I am going to continue working on my food groups. Yesterday while waiting at Randals for my blood test I noticed that there are 2 types of B12 supplements. wow. Did a little research and it looks like positives and negatives for both types. I might try the other type just to see if it makes a difference to me personally.

I tend to get SO STUCK eating the same things all the time so I have to force myself to select something new at the store each week. This week I picked up a bag of cherries. Small things ...

Summer
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    I just saw that Tiny Habit by B.J. Fogg is on sale for $1.99 (kindle) on amazon for a limited time.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. I have read it from the library, but today I got a copy to refer to.

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @SummerSkier, I can easily relate to your back to non-remote work post. I’ll be returning in early July and it is stressing me a bit. But fortunately, like many people, I can continue working a home some days, and split my time between home and office.

Maddie, your comment, “ The reason I was heavy was I basically only ate out. I know as long as I don’t do that, I have a fighting chance at this maintenance game.” really resonated with me. I was 50 pounds heavier when I joined MFP in 2011. I had several bad habits that contributed to being overweight, but the standout was eating junk food while watching TV. I realized what an awful habit that was, that it wasn’t helping me, and that it needed to go. It wasn’t easy, but I did makes changes (and started sitting less at night too). I think that might have been the starting point for my fascination with habits? 10 years later I still refuse to eat junk food while watching TV. It’s a line I simply won’t cross. Bad habits, as we know, are hard to eradicate. They are always there, lurking in the background, waiting for a comeback.

Really great goals and progress this month! @texasgardnr, sleep is so vital and it’s easy to get distracted at night and stay up much too late.

Still helping my parents, still making a bit of progress here and there but it’s a time consuming process.
  • themedalist
    Options
    The posts about walking outdoors reminded me of this great image!

m5v2trzpix0h.jpeg
  • themedalist
    Options
    I stumbled onto this article this morning and really glad I did. It features Dr. Wendy Wood. The tip for breaking a bad habit is one I hadn’t heard before. Definitely giving it a try!

s4odghm452vi.jpeg

Neuroscience (and a Tiny Dose of Emotional Intelligence) Reveals the Simple Trick to Break Nearly Any Bad Habit (Willpower not required)

https://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/neuroscience-and-a-tiny-dose-of-emotional-intelligence-reveals-simple-trick-to-break-nearly-any-bad-habit.html
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just joined the group but won't wait for July to jump in 🌞

1. After I brush my teeth, I'll take my meds and vitamins and drink water.
    2. After I sit for too long, I'll do some stretching exercises or stepping.
    3. After I take a tea or coffee break, I'll delete 10 emails (I've got thousands).
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    I'm a terrible morning person!! So, using this concept of 'After..., I will...', I have created a morning routine to get me out of bed and get things done in a timely manner. Of course, not all steps will be doable every morning but I'll do my best to fit them in when I can.

Tiny habits morning routine:
    ‌1. After I brush my teeth & weigh myself, I'll take my meds & vitamins and drink water.
    ‌2. After I drink my morning water, I'll lie on my Shakti mat for 10 mins.
    ‌3. After I lie on the mat, I'll do my app exercises.
    ‌4. After I do my app exercises, I'll charge my Fitbit, shower and get ready for work.
    ‌5. After I get ready, I'll make breakfast and prepare lunch.
    6. After breakfast, I'll have a cuppa and delete 10 emails.
    ‌7. After I delete emails, I'll do a puzzle and/or language learning app.
    8‌. After I do a puzzle and/or language learning, I'll do nothing for 2 minutes.
    ‌9. After my 2 mins rest, I'll leave for work, walk for 10 mins (to the underground) and think happy thoughts. If I'm working from home or it's the weekend, I'll step or cycle for 10 mins.

✔️ Monday morning done.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I'm a terrible morning person!! So, using this concept of 'After..., I will...', I have created a morning routine to get me out of bed and get things done in a timely manner. Of course, not all steps will be doable every morning but I'll do my best to fit them in when I can.

Tiny habits morning routine:
    ‌1. After I brush my teeth & weigh myself, I'll take my meds & vitamins and drink water.
    ‌2. After I drink my morning water, I'll lie on my Shakti mat for 10 mins.
    ‌3. After I lie on the mat, I'll do my app exercises.
    ‌4. After I do my app exercises, I'll charge my Fitbit, shower and get ready for work.
    ‌5. After I get ready, I'll make breakfast and prepare lunch.
    ‌7. After I delete emails, I'll do a puzzle and/or language learning app.
    8‌. After I do a puzzle and/or language learning, I'll do nothing for 2 minutes.
    ‌9. After my 2 mins rest, I'll leave for work, walk for 10 mins (to the underground) and think happy thoughts. If I'm working from home or it's the weekend, I'll step or cycle for 10 mins.

✔️ Monday morning done.

@BodyTalking, we’ll done! This is the essence of habit building and building a morning routine. One action triggers another, that then becomes the cue for the next action. Practiced enough, it becomes a seamless chain of events. And should you want to add a new step to your morning routine later, just decide where in the process it fits best and insert it:

6.5 After deleting 10 emails, I’ll think of 3 things I’m grateful for.
    ‌7. After reflecting on what I’m grateful for, I'll do a puzzle and/or language learning app.

I’m not suggesting your morning routine needs any editing whatsoever, just an example of how to add a new step. And I believe in the power of daily gratitude. :)

I’m really glad you’ve joined our group and didn’t wait for July to start!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @themedalist 🌼 Thank you, it's good to know I'm thinking along the right lines and, yes, it makes so much sense for one thing to trigger another 😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I LOVE this! @BodyTalking

I, have created “Flows” like this. (Building them bit by bit over time. If your morning routine begins to feel like too much as you begin, just realize you can modify as needed - just never give up!

I set up 1 routine (AM)
    And then have a number of things I do each day which “float” time-wise, but do tend to happen in certain sections of the day (but I am someone who prefers flexibility.)

I can’t wait to hear how it goes!

🌸Maddie

There are a million ways to be successful!

And yes, I’m thrilled you joined this group, too💕

EDIT:
    Ok you got me curious…and it has many more parts to it than I thought. The ones I need to think about (new) are asterisked.

Here is my Morning Flow:
    Restroom
    Undress, weigh self, self-kindness & formulate approach to the day depending on wt ie: ease up or continue as I have been, memorize wt to record later in apps
    Teeth, hair, wash up, eye drops, etc
    Clean counter (quickly, non perfectly)
    Start soaking any hand washing that I’ve moved in there day before
    Straighten anything that is out of whack in Bathroom
    Place whitening strip in basket for later
    Take pajamas etc to laundry baskets in closet, check if I need to do a load of laundry if so place it in hallway as reminder to take it downstairs.
    get the day’s Clothes, dress
    * golf ball rolls
    * Hyperbolt muscle massages lower body and as of today tops of shoulders
    Quick straighten of bed
    Straighten anything our of whack in bedroom, put things that belong elsewhere in my basket
    ReFill my water bottles, put in basket
    Phone charger pack -> basket
    Phone -> basket
    Put old empty pill box in dresser, if the 7-day container is now empty, place it on top of dresser (double check I have extra of all my pills), take today’s pill box, place in small ziplock in basket
    Put on watch (should do this first thing lol)
    *Arm exercises
    *stretch arms shoulders gently between sets
    Remember what I did so I can record it
    Straighten anything in closet

Go downstairs, place basket by my chair, place pills on side table (visual cue, I check it rl frequently in addition to alarms to insure I never miss a dose)
    Return any items in basket that belong elsewhere
    Start load of laundry, if needed
    Bring out dried load, if there is one

Then onto:
    Meal time routine (BF, L, Snack)
    9:30-9:45 go to kitchen,
    load dishwasher, if needed,
    put dried cookware away,
    gather any items that need cleaning & take care of all but pots which I leave for lunchtime to deal with
    Clean/straighten counters
    Make, weigh, & record meal
    Clean anything I used
    Add anything I notice we are running low on to grocery list
    Go outside patio or to my chair I. Art studio and leisurely enjoy my meal, paying attention to each bite
    Take pills at 10:00AM (exactly), 4:00, 7:00, 10:00 (exactly) with water
    Put food into my app from sticky note
    —————-
    Enjoy
    ——————
    Return dishes to kitchen, clean

On to the day!!!

Funny thing I’ve NEVER BEEN a ROUTINE PERSON EVER!!!

I had no idea I had a routine that encompassed all of this. It does make
    Me feel I can enjoy myself after having straightened up 3 rooms, gotten my health off to a great start etc

BTW the reason for late start is my 10PM meds create some insomnia, so I get up a little later than I used to!!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Amazing list! @MadisomMolly2017 Even the smallest of tasks are useful to note so as not to forget. 🌼