Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Well, my knee crumpled on me while putting a salad together for lunch. That was the worst pain I've had in awhile and I have chronic hip/back pain.
    I struggled to get to the recliner to sit down....after about 20 minutes, hobbled back in there, using my walker, to finish the salad. It was so good. I am so thankful for the cane and the walker...whew! They were such a blessing today...and not for the first time.
    I went down for a rest/nap after lunch, had a drop in my sugar...so waddled in the kitchen for a fixer upper. I had a half can of ranch style beans with queso and Fritos and picante. That was my carb pile for the day.
    That was delicious as well. I'm thinking fruit and cottage cheese for dinner. Has to be fast and really easy. If my fridge was sorted, I'd do a nice Bento plate with veggies, dip and another can of mackerel. Yummy stuff. Soon....I am certain! That fridge looks like a jungle at the moment and no lion could sleep in there tonight. I have such grand plans when I get all that stuff!

May God bless us all...best, where most needed and we know He walks with us always in every circumstance. Love you all and am so thankful for you.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I hate that for you! Do you have pain meds that are safe for you to take? I know you hate braces, but if you wrapped that knee it might help!

I fell yesterday putting on my pants. My foot missed the hole and down I went. My bedroom is carpeted and my head glanced our plastic clothes hamper so no harm done! I had to get on my knees (ouchy) to get myself up, using the bed and closet door to pull myself up with. Not a pretty site! LOL! I am now sitting on my bed when I put on anything below my waist! We did go out today and I was able to walk around Wal-mart quite easily - surprised me - God is so very good! I didn't go into Lowe's with Wade so it was the only store I went into. I have 2151 steps so far today. I can safely get another 400-600 steps before my back will not be happy with me!

Love y'all so very much and am so grateful to have you in my life!
  • bren5535
    edited April 18
    Options
    I have one of the Copper fit type compression sleeves. I've ordered a larger size, will be here tomorrow....because with the swelling, this one is about a size too tight. I've been using it since yesterday and it does help but staying off of it and elevating is helping too. I'm glad to be homebound in such times. I may look into a kitchen stool...tho I'd need it ready to use and not something I have to put together. I have a hefty fluid gain with the inflammation which irritates me...Oh well...

Oh no! Am so glad you didn't hurt yourself. It doesn't take much to do injury for sure. I had to do that (on the knees) to get up from my fall last June and yes...that is very painful! I've been using my emergency button thing since then and have come close to falling about 4-5 times since then.

I used my nifty tray and coffee/tea reservoir this morning to save one trip to the kitchen. I have a handy dandy apron-y thing to tie on my walker in case I have to use it for appointments and the like. Has pockets for my phone, water bottle, wallet and the like.

I am praying for much relief by Sunday...so I can get trash out, check mail for the week, clean up in here and go get my meds at Walgreens. I am resting at the moment and am thankful I can!

2bulrnfulpd9.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,439 Member
    Options
    znvss51k7bh6.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    That is a super neat tray, Bren. We had a tray beside Mom's chair (well, mine before she needed it :) )
    p3bcqpylbrni.jpg We have two of these and they work great, the tray swivels all the way around so it's easy to get out of the way when you don't need it. But I love that tray on your walker. I wish we had had something like that for Mom. She had the seat with her Rollator and kept a bunch of stuff inside of it and then used it to cart her coffee or plate around. After she fell when she didn't use the brake she went back to the traditional walker. She had an apron with pockets that she tied to it. I'm so glad that you are using your walker, sigh of relief!

Had another headache this morning, just needed to take my headache med early and Tylenol and it went away quickly. Every good gift is from God, so I praise the Lord for touching me!

Am doing well even though I got over 2500 steps yesterday. Praise the Lord I'm not hurting any more than usual.

Wade is busy putting down some outdoor carpeting in our screened-in porch. We had a piece down but it left openings on the floor for bugs to come up, so he is putting this down to cover those gaps and hopefully this summer we won't have to think about mosquitoes! or wasps! or giant wood-boring bees! Heehee!

Well, not much else going on with me. Love y'all!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    jy5cgpk5fyoh.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited April 19
    Options
    I love that tray, Kim. I have one my Mom gave me, by my love seat where I do devotionals. It slides easy and I have an end table next to the wall where my lamp and mug warmer sit. A cozy little study area.
    I have wished many times since Mama passed, that I had kept her rollator. I think my brother sold it, along with her scooter and whatever else he could. She very rarely used that or her regular walker...was embarrassed to need them. She did use the scooter a lot. Me: I am thankful for the tools I need to function! Speaking of...I did order a kitchen stool. I hope it's tall enough to help. I'll find out Wednesday when they come in. There are two...so I'll have to find a spot for the extra one.

I am so happy...and relieved! My knee is much better with 3-4 days of rest and gentle care. I was able to bend it (carefully) to get in my recliner today and the pain is down about 60% now.
    I got the new sleeve in and it fits very well, tho it's not snug now that the swelling has decreased. It still has plenty of compression and won't cut off my circulation at least! I've managed to rest well and that has been a big help. My weight righted itself with the release of some inflammation and that perked me up.
    I am hoping to be able to get the trash out tomorrow or Sunday and pick up my insulin and grab an order from HEB. i am thankful for drive thru! I haven't checked mail all week so will do that as well. Slowly...restoring order... is on the agenda in the next few days.
    Thanks again so very much for prayers for me. All are so appreciated!b89f6y17hd3m.png
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo! So happy you are on the mend. Be careful with that knee as you get your stuff done! Oh, what great stools. We have wooden ones, which I rarely use, but really should when I am making something! They are a little too tall for me and hard for me to get up into. Oh my, we sometimes take our truck when we go out and getting into it is really painful for me. The other day I put my left foot up first and then brought my right foot up - then I was able to bring my left leg into the truck without putting that much strain on my weak and painful right leg! Looks funny, but works. If I get into the car, I sit first and then bring my legs in, it's too painful to put my left leg in first and then bring my right in. I have to remind myself to do it that way since I'm so used to the other way!

I hope that y'all have a wonderful weekend. God is good all the time - All the time God is good! Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    mtz8t43dpapt.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    I hear you, on getting into the truck! My boss gave me a lift to the shop after work to pick up my car once and he has a monster (to me) truck and my hip hurt so bad, trying to climb up in there. I remember the trouble I've had with just a step stool!

I hope to get more done today but am being careful and aware still, out of necessity. My new sleeve slid down so I ordered the size below for more compression. It will fit better in the initial phases with the most inflammation. I am so thankful that's down a lot and I feel better overall. God is awesome!

I saw at Walgreen's site that they will hold my prescription until the 28th so i will wait for full healing before pick up. I have plenty of Fiasp to see me thru so am good to go. I'll need to get my Doctors to call in new scripts on my meds I'd been getting by mail as my insurance has changed their carrier from CVS. I will probably just get them all sent to Walgreens.

The stools are 24 inches high. I measured on my cane and the height should be OK and I hope they work for the purpose I need them for. They are lightweight metal and supposed to hold up to 300 pounds.

I managed to go check mail yesterday for the first time all week, didn't miss much...and got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded/run. Today I need to get trash collected and out to my car for the dumpster run tomorrow after it's emptied. Those are big chores for me and I am always so thankful to have it done!

We had a nice rain storm yesterday pretty much all day and a high of 52! Brrr...to me, anyway! I love the rain so much more now that I don't have to drive in it!

Have a blessed and lovely day Ladies...Love you all...I'm going to have coffee and plan my day...Be full of joy!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    You pegged us, Marilyn!

Bren, it makes me so happy that you are doing better! Praise the Lord! I've been doing pretty good too. I want to send my NP a note because I am getting more headaches - not long and bad ones, but stronger than they were at the beginning of this new med.

Am going to get back to work on getting laps in during the day. Will try to do one lap every hour! Or one lap after the show I am watching is over! LOL!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    a8tv7cdx1acz.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited April 22
    Options
    Thanks Kim! I'm still in a lot of pain but am so glad to have the trash out to my trunk, ready to dump in the morning. That is a major chore and I am always so glad to get it done...My back/hip pain are worse because I've been down with the knee for a week but I am praying it levels off soon. Prayers for us all and our assorted needs!
    I got my stools just now, and unboxed them. They are perfect and the hole in the center is a "handle" for moving about easy! I parked the second one at the end of my loveseat where my walker sits when not in use. The height is perfect for my 5' 1" frame....I am duly impressed! Not showing the counter top as it's rather messy at the moment...pp58uc7tdr36.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Heeheehee! I often try to center a picture to keep stuff out of the shot too! I'm so glad they work for you, that will make food prep so much nicer!

Wow, it got chilly on us again. Wade had put up all but one of my little heaters so my office is a bit nippy! It should be warming up tomorrow though. It's supposed to be in the low 70's again! Yippee! Next Monday up in the upper 70's! Woohoo! Wade doesn't like the higher temps, he works hard outside and it wears him out!

Well, I hope that y'all have a great day. Praying for you, Love you!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    eh3m7gi0pvj8.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    LOL! Tricks of the housewife trade... Nothing got done yesterday at all. I was in so much pain and so very weak....so I rested all day and the kitchen is demanding attention today. Being hobbled for a week...made me WEAK....Waah!

I am up at 3:30 with intentions of tackling it. I have that big box my stools came in that needs to go to the trash along with the bags in my trunk so those two chores loom big on the horizon....a9aycnqkl3zf.png

We've had a run of storms here with cooler weather...dropped to the 50's for 3 days and we had another storm last night. I haven't been out yet but will ride to the dumpster in a bit.

I plan to go get my insulin tomorrow and pick up my HEB order then will be done for a bit. I'll have to get lab work done on the 10th of May and see my endo Doc the 13th. He will not be happy with how silly I've been since November. I'm not happy either.

Be blessed in this new day my sweet friends! Take good care of yourselves. I'll do the same at my spot.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Praying for you, sweetie-greens! Oh dear, if you had storms last night, then we will get then in a day or two - unless they are moving NE, then they may miss us here on the coast! Just looked at my weather app - no rain in sight for at least the next week. We'll be in the upper 60s and lower 70's until next Monday, then we'll be in the mid-70s! Woohoo! 71 today, I may have to lose the thermal undershirt! LOL!

I've been having mild headaches in the AM again. None of my headaches have gotten really bad although a couple have been painful, the med and Tylenol quickly take it away. I sent a note to the NP and hopefully she will let me take one in the AM and one in the PM to keep that med in my system. I did have a headache one evening, which surprised me because I hadn't been having them but in the morning! I'm so grateful to the Lord for allowing the med to be so helpful! Thank you for your prayers. Praying for all of you! Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    npsgxnxw9rut.jpg
  • bren5535
    Options
    Being directionally callenged....my car tells me what direction I'm going. I know left, right and up and down! Hoping you get no storms from the system that trolled thru here. Hoping your NP OK's the two a day on your meds.

I'm having pain when breathing after my week down with the knee...Found this info...

"Prolonged bed rest can cause lung pain in seniors, including sharp chest pain that worsens when coughing, inhaling, or leaning over. This is because bed rest can affect lung airflow, which can increase the risk of atelectasis, or mild lung collapse. Other risk factors for atelectasis include: anesthesia, shallow breathing, underlying lung disease, blockage of the air passages (bronchus or bronchioles), and pressure on the lung."
    I am praying it resolves itself quickly! I got out my breathing thingee like Mama had after heart surgery...hoping it will help too. My intake is rather pitiful at the moment! I have two of them....one here at my desk and one in my study area.

Have a lovely day Ladies...be blessed abundantly!q85nygf29xgh.png

• Restfinder
    Options
    Amen! Can you sleep with your upper body raised? Like in a recliner or with several pillows behind you. I wonder if that would help. Love the idea of using your breathing apparatus too. Deep breathing is also supposed to help with weight loss. I've never done enough of it to test that theory! I know that it does have a calming effect on me though. I don't know, if I got any more calm I'd look like a jelly fish flung out on the floor! :D You are always in my prayers, as are all my girls!

Oh, my NP did say that I can split up my pills so I started today taking one in the morning and one at night. We'll see if that helps with the morning headaches.

I do bloodwork at the beginning of May and see my eye doctor at the end of the month. Can't wait to see if my cholesterol and triglycerides are down!

Love y'all. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!