July 18 Sign In

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Ouch! So sorry to hear @MaltedTea I am actually cringing in sympathy. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Your rehab plan looks really good (no surprise, you're always very well researched and know your stuff).
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tracked, walked but went over. 7/18 days sugar, I think it's 5 pass days.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES. Did a 30 minute walking w arms YouTube video while my son napped and then a bit over an hour on Cubii
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

NEAT is something I really need to work on. Pre-COVID, I always took the stairs (3rd floor desk) and did a fair amount of walking to break room to refill water bottles (and consequently to and from bathroom), but still spent a LOT of time, just sitting. Great topic for thought.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer ice cream walk.. love it!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,970 Member
    Options
    7/18

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    July 18

Exercise: 45 minutes stationary bike, 15 minutes elliptical, 55 minutes weight training, 50 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    @Mrs-Hoffer yummm that ice cream sounds like its worth every single step. Ha ha!!! Xox

@thabit pleased to hear u r feeling better! Xo

@Madisonmolly2017 your a machine gal!!! Xox

@MaltedTea sorry to hear bout ur injury. After i gave birth i had pelvic dysfunction, which is very rare and mainly something runners get and i dnt run lol! Long story short pain was in my groin and pelvis and it literally took me almost a year to recover from and tbh there a days i can still feel it play up. Its was extremely frustrating so im really glad to hear that ur sooooo on to it and that u hve already started to modify ur workouts so that u dnt exacerbate it!! Super clever and proactive!! Xox
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise 20 minutes today? Yes - air quality is bad here in Alberta due to wildfire smoke but I did still manage a 69 min walk
    Did I eat within my calories? Yes
    Did I track every bite? You bet!

Freggie servings - 5

@ashleycarole86 please be careful! That wildfire smoke is very worrisome! Just curious, how far are you from the actual fire(s)?
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

As for NEAT, my main thing is pacing around the apt while I'm thinking or listening to music. I used to do this all the time, but a couple months ago I realized it really dropped off when I'd gained a lot of weight. Pre-Covid I was really good about walking to a farther train station.

Fruits/Veggies - slipped up on this one. Spaced out at breakfast about this and needed to save calories for the day because my dad was making us homemade pizza. I did have a veggie one (spinach, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, & onions) but I think at best I'm at 2.5 serving for the day.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/18/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 170 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 22,300+ ......... 120 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning .... 20 m gardening

Weeks off to a good start... lost a total of 3 lbs while son and his family was here
    Took a 60 min. walk this Morning... I am looking forward to when I can on a regular
    basis again... My foot is still healing.... It was hurting at the end of day, so I will have
    to cut back my walking....

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    July 18:

✔️ EXERCISE: 220 minutes walking. I walked 11 miles into town today - I'm calling it my "ice cream walk". :smile:
    ✔️ CALORIES: 1406/1600*
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 4/3 (3Jul)(4Jul)(Jul8)(Jul14)

I forgot to add my freggies! Updating to add that I had 5 servings of freggies today!! :smirk:
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea

I feel your pain 25 years ago my plantar fasciitis was so bad they actually did surgery to cut it my therapy was many foot movements during the day to allow the scar tissue to lengthen the muscle it worked but my advice; be nice, wear good shoes with support and buy new ones often. I know that’s many $ but it has worked for me my favorites are HOKA’s so lucky I can wear them to work in my job. Keens have worked well in our snowy climate for winter. Best of luck to you stay focused take it easy be nice to your feet. By the way sneakers look great with pj’s in the morning 😊
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Fun topic today. I am with friends this week and there's no end to n e a t around here. Haha. We also do a lot of exercise like walking, hiking, and bike riding. We are at high altitude, so that's going to be uncomfortable for the next day or so. Unfortunately there's no end to the available food and snacking which is almost impossible to track. I am pretty sure I am at a net deficit however.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    There is so much to love about all the conversation today. From injuries to activity to freggies, all so interesting, inspiring, and informative.

You all are making me want an Apple Watch! I have a garmin I wear while running or biking but it’s a very simple version without many bells or whistles. Just gives me distance, speed, calories burned. Hubby bought an Apple Watch a couple months ago when he was diagnosed with afib and he loves it.

The freggies challenge is making me realize that what I thought was a serving size, really isn’t. I ate a bunch of baby carrots last night convinced it would be worth at least 3 servings. Then I googled it and read that 12 baby carrots is 1 serving. So I definitely got in 2, but not 3. Therefore, my freggies yesterday totals 4. Blueberries, watermelon, and carrots.