TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team! Happy Monday!

Looking forward to July. June wasn’t horrible but I know I can do so much better.

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    June started off great; back to my happy weight and, MUCH more importantly, i was eating lots of whole foods and protein and veggies...a vacation set me back big time in terms of MINDSET and I have been reaching for lots of chips! It makes a HUGE difference in my mood; I am not as energetic and happy when I am eating a lot of JUNK!
    I just need to refocus. o Easy action item 1: get back to my big salad lunch prep. Having a huge salad ready to GO ensures I eat lots of veggies; i just add my protein and voila-LUNCH! Not a bunch of pita chips because I am starving!
    Starts TODAY!
    anyone want to get serious about daily check in's?
    You pick the categories that work for YOU, and post here after you "complete" your day?
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    June started off great; back to my happy weight and, MUCH more importantly, i was eating lots of whole foods and protein and veggies...a vacation set me back big time in terms of MINDSET and I have been reaching for lots of chips! It makes a HUGE difference in my mood; I am not as energetic and happy when I am eating a lot of JUNK!
    I just need to refocus. o Easy action item 1: get back to my big salad lunch prep. Having a huge salad ready to GO ensures I eat lots of veggies; i just add my protein and voila-LUNCH! Not a bunch of pita chips because I am starving!
    Starts TODAY!
    anyone want to get serious about daily check in's?
    You pick the categories that work for YOU, and post here after you "complete" your day?

I feel the difference in my mood and overall day when I eat better. It just so hard sticking to it. My best friend makes mason jars salads which I think I’m going to try next week. I’m tired of shakes so I’ve been taking small meals for lunch.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Exercise good
    Over on calories-pita chips while I made dinner. Argh! Total trigger for me. At least they're gone now...
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, July week 1
    Today is my weigh day, but I was unable to weigh. I was hospitalized, for a second time in three months, this past week. But I'm okay now, I just have a couple out-patient procedures to take care of in the coming weeks.
    So I will weigh in tomorrow morning... but I'm afraid it won't be good. :frowning:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, July week 1
    Today is my weigh day, but I was unable to weigh. I was hospitalized, for a second time in three months, this past week. But I'm okay now, I just have a couple out-patient procedures to take care of in the coming weeks.
    So I will weigh in tomorrow morning... but I'm afraid it won't be good. :frowning:

Hi Frank, I'm so sorry to hear this.please keep us posted.we're here for you!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Friday check in...
    Exercise yes
    Calories no...just overeating. Part of this is hormonal so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.
    Happy 4th to friends in the USA!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Welcome to JULY! Please take a moment to say hi!!

Also, please send me your weights for if you have not yet done so! Thank you!

@Jodee2021 Sun
    @pumpitusa Sun
    @Bethebestmeforme Mon
    @DebJB30 Mon
    @Kenyaa3 Mon
    @NationalCapital Tues
    @frankwbrown Fri
    @TheGlwUp Fri
    @Colleen790 Sat
    @kaytyl2 Sat
    @Shawtytel Sat
    @Calli1616 Mon

• Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    June week 5
    PW: 142
    CW 142
    Had hoped for a loss, but my actions didn't really support that last week; more focus for this week!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    June Week 5
    PW 165.7
    CW 165.7
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Kaytyl2
    June week 5
    PW:167
    CW:166
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, week 5 of June
    PW: 243.8
    CW: 245.0 (-0.49%)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Calli1616
    Weigh in day - Mondays (but could I change to Saturdays for July?)
    PW: don't recall, but mid 170s
    CW: 182.4

I really fell apart last month. My daughter is home from college for the summer and I've used that as an excuse for stopping with the exercise and making poor food choices. Really need to refocus this month! I'm in for the daily check-ins, maybe that will keep me from wandering off mentally!
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Shawtytel
    Saturday
    July/Week 1
    SW: 153.2
    CW: 154.0
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Calli1616
    Weigh in day - Mondays (but could I change to Saturdays for July?)
    PW: don't recall, but mid 170s
    CW: 182.4

I really fell apart last month. My daughter is home from college for the summer and I've used that as an excuse for stopping with the exercise and making poor food choices. Really need to refocus this month! I'm in for the daily check-ins, maybe that will keep me from wandering off mentally!

Let's do it! I need an accountability buddy to get back on track!!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Daily check in for Sunday. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying cool.

What is your favorite thing to take to a BBQ? I have a street corn salad that I like to take or a watermelon, mint and feta salad. Both light and fresh for hot days!
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    april 320.2
    may 323.2
    June 323.2
    7/4/21 321.8
  • Akariixo
    Akariixo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

Thank you for allowing me to join into your July challenge! My name is Angel, (yes for real haha) and this is my first challenge on MFP so I'm happy to be here.

Starting Stats:
    SW: 299.4
    Weigh-in Days: Friday

I like to eat the unhealthy foods like chips and takeout lol but, after reaching my heaviest weight of 303lbs it's time for a change. Literally died inside because I said I would never get that heavy but, I have since respawned and I am now trying to fix it. I recently bought myself an air fryer and am now in the process of convincing myself everything I cook in there is chips even though we are all aware it is actually vegetables with no oil.

The past few days I have done some very honest logging and found that I am overeating every macro except for protein and sugar. So my plan is going to be lower fat, lower sodium and eat non refined carbs instead of, you guessed it, CHIPS! I do struggle with consistency/commitment so I am going to be participating in MUAC with you guys.

Here's to day 1!

Date: July 4th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    20mins exercise: Yes it was 30 actually, very impressed with myself
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hello :)

Thank you for allowing me to join into your July challenge! My name is Angel, (yes for real haha) and this is my first challenge on MFP so I'm happy to be here.

Starting Stats:
    SW: 299.4
    Weigh-in Days: Friday

I like to eat the unhealthy foods like chips and takeout lol but, after reaching my heaviest weight of 303lbs it's time for a change. Literally died inside because I said I would never get that heavy but, I have since respawned and I am now trying to fix it. I recently bought myself an air fryer and am now in the process of convincing myself everything I cook in there is chips even though we are all aware it is actually vegetables with no oil.

The past few days I have done some very honest logging and found that I am overeating every macro except for protein and sugar. So my plan is going to be lower fat, lower sodium and eat non refined carbs instead of, you guessed it, CHIPS! I do struggle with consistency/commitment so I am going to be participating in MUAC with you guys.

Here's to day 1!

Date: July 4th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    20mins exercise: Yes it was 30 actually, very impressed with myself

awesome, welcome! We are all on our journeys here and are always happy to have someone join us. Thank you for your honesty and openness; looking forward to "meeting" you!
This discussion has been closed.