WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    utjgcurjp07e.png

Hey Team! As we wrap up July let's have a fun and easy challenge!

So, hop on over to WEEK FIVE-PHOTO CHALLENGE

For some extra fun post your daily picture to your team so that you can get to know each other even better! :)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Team!

Here are my steps and exercise stats for the last week:

19th July - 8754 / 68 mins Zumba
    20th July - 3264 / 50 mins Dumbbell Abs & Glutes [Epic 1 Day 31]
    21st July - 8350
    22nd July - 2209 / 59 mins Obliques & Shoulders workout [Epic 1 Day 32]
    23rd July - 24349
    24th July - 9488
    25th July - 4323

Enjoy your day :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Happy Monday. The alarm went off at 6, but the cloud is still over me a bit.... couldn't quite roll out of bed right away. But, I did manage to do so before work anyway and got out for a quick 20 minute walk to start the day. Not the length I originally planned, but better than nothing!

Last call for steps for the week of July 18-24 from @CurvyCalorie @once_mas @MandiSaysHey if you'd like your progress to be captured in the weekly report! :)

@DD265 It was quite a hot day but the water was super cool so we dipped our hands in and it felt so nice! Sounds like you had a great weekend, good job on the ParkRun!

Enjoy your day everyone.
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I have been busy busy...
    I have gone down, but I am no good at writing.
    LW129.4
    Current weight 129.4
    Funnily enough I have done less exercice this past week and I went down to 128...
    I spent 3 days at my cousin with other cousin and managed to only gain one pound. Not bad.
    I seem to be less interested by salt and sugar...
    I eat a lot of fruit...
    Doing well but still aiming for a healthier body.
    Off to the lake to swim,
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @DD265 Thank you so much. Now that I am seeing the results, I am feeling even very motivated to keep pushing.

@jugar I love how vigilant you are.

@KellyBgetsfit Thank you so much! Another weight lifter, I see. That is very cool. Which program are you running?

@Terytha You have done an amazing job losing 111 pounds, I am sure you will find your groove again

@Kali225 OMG! You did not just quote my fav show! haha I actually quit from my job last month but I didnt even get to gloat. My boss and other superiors told me they were devastated I am leaving so I had to act sad as well. Wasnt easy!

@ashleycarole86 thank you! Hope to see your progress pics soon :)

@conleywoods Having to log when overeating has been one of the hardest things I have done but it was worth it. I have logged 5000 and 4000 calories on separate occasions and it killed me to share that with my friends. But seeing the numbers prevented me from overreacting aka "I must have gained 5 lbs today, what's the point? Let's continue eating like this every day"

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    @jugar I like grocery shopping as a social activity. The other night Brad and I went to the grocery store together for the first time in forever... it was fun. I hadn't done a full shop since COVID started as Brad took that responsibility on, so I went a little nuts. Luckily I'm one of those people who can have anything in the house when I'm on plan because I'll only eat what I have caloric room for, but if you weren't that type of person, my house became very dangerous after I went to the store... lol

Got out at lunch for our bike ride instead of waiting until after work... so love when we can do that! I've moved a lot already today and still have an option tonight to do something more, or not! Will see how I feel. I'll miss that flex when I return to office but I usually try to walk down by the river at lunch when I'm downtown anyway, so it's all good.

@micki48 Looks like you had a lovely walk, I can even see the bugs on the one flower! I agree sometimes that the calorie burn for certain things doesn't seem representative to how hard it feels like we're working. It was so windy out there today and we were commenting that the resistance of the wind isn't really factored in to general calorie burns for the bike, it just thinks we're slow, lol
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone. We've had a lot of rain recently so I haven't been swimming very much this summer. I had a plan to today and then we had major warnings because of the smoke from the fires out West clogging up the airwaves. I decided my lungs would do better when not having to deal with particulates. Tomorrow might be a little better but if not, I'll go on Wednesday morning.
    I decided to keep the small kitchen scale on top of the stove. It's remarkable. Having it in a prominent place makes it easier to use more reliably! Pretty cool. See you on the flip.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Love the pure joy on your face there @jugar

07/26 exercise -
    4,369 steps and 89 minute bike ride (inspired by you @Kali225 ;))
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I am biking outdoors on a bike that is maybe 13 years old haha. I asked my lovely mom to bring it upstate when she saw me next and she took it to the bike store first (needed some work, whoda thunk). I also thought about a stationary bike during quarantine, but I don't think I have a good spot for it in my apartment.

@happimess01 I have seen the Office waaaay too many times but it's so quotable! "My boss and other superiors told me they were devastated I am leaving so I had to act sad as well." ---> this made me laugh. My sister quit her (terrible) job today and I am sending her this line hahaha. (I also sent her some champagne, woo!)

@jugar are you kicking off the photo challenge for week 5? Love the laughs! I tried to take some kind of bike selfie last Thursday and it did NOT work at all.

@ashleycarole86 starting a biker gang, loving it. :D
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Thank you! Congratulations everyone!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    "That rug really tied the room together."

I was just thinking about the movie yesterday!!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 213.0

Great so if I just do exactly this, every week, for 30 weeks, I'll be done. Easy peasy.

Way to go!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    One week till I ride in the hot air balloon (as long as the weather allows for it!)

My weight is down quite a bit more from the time I even registered. There was something else I was looking at recently with a weight limit of 230 and I thought "hey, I'm below that!"

I have this paranoia about not fitting things, not being under the weight limit, etc.... I haven't really had any crazy bad experiences in this department, but it doesn't take much before you start just avoiding for fear of embarrassment. As I get smaller again, it will be a matter of teaching my brain to catch up and reminding it that there's nothing to worry about there anymore.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    Biking! Ballooning! things are getting exciting around here. Especially when the word ballooning is NOT referring to anyone's weight - we are looking nice and green :mrgreen:

I have to escape the house now... OH is working on a reno project that sounds like it is going badly. No help is accepted :frowning: so I am getting out of the black cloud of doom! the garden calls
This discussion has been closed.