Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Still here. Just at the lake most of the time with crappy service. Hope to be more accountable and more on track come august.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    utjgcurjp07e.png

Hey Team! As we wrap up July let's have a fun and easy challenge!

So, hop on over to WEEK FIVE-PHOTO CHALLENGE

For some extra fun post your daily picture to your team so that you can get to know each other even better! :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 186
    CW:179
    LTD: 46 lbs
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @cherrymajoni and @Jwhitegarcia welcome to the team

Congrats @TheGlwUp, @apple852hk and @RYcare. Nice job on making the leader board.

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy for you and great job maintaining. Enjoy your time with your son.

@TwistedSassette what a fun opportunity for both you and your son. Did he have his second class yet? Just a heads up, don't be too upset if he cries when you drop him off the second time. I worked in daycare for many years and if kids cried it was usually on the second day and rarely lasted more than a minute before they were over it and back to having fun with their new friends. It was harder on the parents than it was the kids.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you're doing great with DDF. Do you find it hard to get your BG down as your target lowers?

I had a nice drop on the scale this week thanks to an intestinal infection and a clear fluids only diet. It was nice to break into the 170s but the harder part will be staying there especially since Im not up to working out yet.
    I hope everyone has a great week
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My parents went home today and we had a great time catching up while they were here. I mostly did OK with food, but it was still a vacation Ya know...

Catching up on sooooo many posts, apologies for skipping anything important.

@leonadixon- will be thinking about you and praying for you and your Dad

@TheGlwUp - can you tell us a few things about how you are changing your relationship with food? I do feel that is what is helping me too. Woot woot on your loss!

@Jactop - Woot woot on your loss! Wow!

@trooworld - you're so cute! Thanks for the pic. Hooray for doing the boxing workout!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Welcome back @cherrymanoni to the team!! I’m so happy to see you return. :grin:

@Welcome to the team Jwhitegarcia! Jump in and make yourself at home. :)

@askewcr I haven’t heard of Nature’s Twist but I am going to Sam’s tomorrow, so I might check it out. Does it have artificial sugar? I try to stay away from that now that I’ve gotten off it and used to naturally flavored seltzer water. :)

@TwistedSassette Hang in there and that scale will start to go down. Do you find it motivating to do your walking in place while watching the Olympics? What is your little guy’s favorite Olympic sport so far? :)

@Katmary71 Why are the streets closed? :|

@trooworld Love the pics and that brunch looks sooooo good!! After an hour of hard workout, that kind of meal isn’t as bad, so I hope you enjoyed it? I’m really glad that the people were welcoming and supportive of you. That goes a long way to having you excited to return.

@Jactop Uggghhh so sorry that you got sick! But yay for being in the 170s! I’m still trying to get there myself. ;) It can get harder to drop my BG as the target lowers a point a day. My morning workouts with the weights usually raise my BG, so I will eat if I’m really hungry and it’s within 5 points of my trigger. I usually eat only protein with moderate fat for lunch so my BG is often really low by dinner time. Today it was 75 and my trigger is 84. One of the things I can do when it becomes a struggle is pausing my trigger until my body has a chance to catch up. It’s a fun tool to use and I like seeing what foods raise my BG the most. No surprise that simple carbs are not my friend. :p

@Cornanda I'm so glad that you had a good visit with your parents and don't beat yourself up for being on vacation! Just get right back to it now that they are gone. :)
    `

Hi Team! Today was a busy day with grocery shopping and errands. I did a good workout from the program I have been doing. I have another 10 days or so and then I’m going to do 21 Day Fix Extreme. I can’t believe that I actually feel strong and fit enough to attempt it but I’m going for it! :grin: My eating was on point today and the scale was down this morning. Soooo I’m just going to keep on keeping on. B)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    @krea4 Congrats on the loss - they all add up!

@trooworld Great job on the boxing class! So glad you enjoyed it - and that brunch looks delicious!

@Jactop Whoa I was about to congratulate you on the whoosh, but glad I kept reading your post first. I hope you're feeling better now, that sounds awful.
    My son's second class is this afternoon. I'm not sure yet if he can go - my Mum rang last night and needs my hubby to go and help with loading their wool bales onto a truck to take them to market. That means my son will go and hang out with my Mum for the day, but their farm is about 1-1.5 hours' drive away, so it depends what time they get back and whether or not he has managed to have a nap!

@Cornanda I'm glad you had such a great time with your parents, and I hope it's not so long before the next catch-up.

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like you have been keeping very busy! I don't really find it particularly motivating to walk while watching the Olympics...I often do it while watching the football, but it's more like just doubling-up my time - I want to watch the sports, but I need to work out, so why not do both lol. I (maybe stupidly) signed up to walk 5 miles as well as hit a step goal target on 3 days last week (and can't count the steps in the miles towards the step goal) for the Hogwarts challenge that I'm in here on MFP. I had thought I could do it quite easily but the days got away from me and I needed a whole lot of miles at the end lol so this was a good solution.
    My son doesn't really watch a lot of the Olympics (or any TV really), he likes to have the TV on in the background while he's playing with his cars & lego lol. But he does like the swimming and the equestrian events a bit!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don't have much more to report! I wrote above about my son and the Kinder Gym class today. I think if they're not back in time for the class, I will still go to the gym anyway. Might as well!

My sister decided to buy an Oculus Quest and it arrived yesterday, so we played Beat Saber together last night. It was fun, but a bit slow with long pauses between the songs.

I wrote a little while ago about the cake toppers I was making, but I forgot to share a pic once it was completed! So here's a pic of the cake with my topper (my friend made the cake, it's for her daughter's 1st birthday).
    0faz9t8qynqb.jpg

And this is the one I made for a baby shower a few weeks ago too:
    ino5nzsmbdps.jpg

They're fun to make, but kind of fiddly so they take a lot longer than the money they're worth!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png6hcpp2ip09e6.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Slow, slow day today. I did go to the laundry mat to wash comforters because they're too large to put in my washer. Later I decided to walk around in my house for thirty minutes to get my exercise in. I'm pleased because I was not going to exercise. Then I came up with that idea. I'm kind of tired today but tomorrow's another day. Blessings!!
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    @cherrymajoni and @Jwhitegarcia welcome to the team

Congrats @TheGlwUp, @apple852hk and @RYcare. Nice job on making the leader board.

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy for you and great job maintaining. Enjoy your time with your son.

@TwistedSassette what a fun opportunity for both you and your son. Did he have his second class yet? Just a heads up, don't be too upset if he cries when you drop him off the second time. I worked in daycare for many years and if kids cried it was usually on the second day and rarely lasted more than a minute before they were over it and back to having fun with their new friends. It was harder on the parents than it was the kids.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you're doing great with DDF. Do you find it hard to get your BG down as your target lowers?

I had a nice drop on the scale this week thanks to an intestinal infection and a clear fluids only diet. It was nice to break into the 170s but the harder part will be staying there especially since Im not up to working out yet.
    I hope everyone has a great week

Thank you!
    I hope you are feeling better.
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Hi,
    @TheGlwUp - can you tell us a few things about how you are changing your relationship with food? I do feel that is what is helping me too. Woot woot on your loss!
    Lisa

Thanks!
    I have struggled with emotional eating so I am learning how to stop eating my emotions, and deal with them. If I was stressed I ate my comfort foods (chocolate and junk food). If I was depressed I tried to eat my feelings.

I am changing my relationship with food by no longer using food as a coping mechanism. I still had to deal with the situations that were the source of my discomfort after emotional eating anyway. And then I also had to deal with the added pressure of feeling guilty about eating the junk food, and sabotaging my weight loss efforts.

It was a vicious cycle I was stuck in for too many years. My dietitian has helped me to change my mindset, and not look at emotional eating as a failure. I am learning how to not view any food as bad or off limits. I am being more mindful of the eating experience including where I eat, and how I am feeling when I eat.

I have been dealing with a stessful situation this past week, but I didn't do any emotional eating. I allowed myself to feel my feelings and then thought about the best course of action to improve my situation. Journaling really helps me to process my feelings and release negative emotions. Going for a walk helps too. So does talking to a friend or sharing in this group. But journaling is very important for me because it is a record of how I have overcome challenges in the past, and inspires me to keep moving forward.

I also believe that lightening the load in my mind and spirit is helping me to lighten the load physically too. We all have been told repeatedly that weight loss is as simple as calories in and calories out. But it really isn't that simple. If it was so many people wouldn't be struggling to lose weight. So for me it is important to heal from the inside out in order to win my weight loss battle permanently as I enjoy my health journey.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TheGlwUp @apple852hk @RYcare congrats on making it on the leaderboard!!!

@Jactop I hope you are feeling better, I'm sorry you were sick. Congrats on getting into the 170s!

@Cornanda I'm glad you enjoyed your parents' visit. Thanks! I had fun.

@TeresaW1020 I did enjoy it and I took home a lot of it. You are right about the people being supportive. I'm looking forward to tonight's class! I really admire your exercise ethic!

@TwistedSassette Thanks! Brunch was delicious. ;) Hopefully the toddler can go and enjoy his second class. I LOVE the cake and the cake topper came out so nicely! I love it. Ooh I see a second one, that one is nice, too! I'm glad they came out well.

@askewcr Great job getting in your steps!

@TheGlwUp I'm so glad you are conquering your emotional eating. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hi all. I go to my second boxing class tonight. I'm looking forward to it. The only tricky part is parking, parking is terrible in that part of town. I'm going as early as I can (about 20 minutes early) to find a space. I don't want to miss class! My husband is making dinner tonight while I'm at class. He's making 2-ingredient dough bagel dogs. If you haven't heard of 2-ingredient dough, it's just dough made of 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt + 1 cup self-rising flour.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Those cake toppers are so cute!! :)

@askewcr I once went to Weight Watchers with a woman who walked five miles a day inside her home. She was very fit and at her goal weight. Plus, you can stay under the AC which is a huge plus this time of year. :grin:

@TheGlwUp Thank you for sharing what has been successful for you regarding your relationship with food. I could relate to so much of what you talked about. Our food issues are often wide and varied and there are so many things to take into consideration besides just counting a calorie. I’m so happy that you are learning coping techniques that help instead of hinder. :)

@trooworld I hope you kicked butt in your class tonight. And yayy for bagel dogs! :grin:

Hi Team! Today was another busy day. DH and I went to Sams to buy all the food for our church’s Dinner on the Grill that is tomorrow night. This is our first potluck since Covid changed our lives. Everyone is super excited, and I think most of the church plans to show up. The church is making hotdogs and burgers, and everyone is bringing a side or dessert. I’m making Deviled eggs. <3 I did a hard leg workout this morning that affected my booty much more than my legs, so I don’t know why they call it a leg workout! :grin: I’ve been thinking about my issues with food tracking and how I start and then fizzle out. I’m considering a challenge for myself for August. Does anyone want to join me? B)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    @askewcr Great job getting some walking done at home. I do that a fair bit too - or short stints in the bathroom at work! It all adds up.

@TheGlwUp Thanks for sharing your story, I'm glad that you are finding some successful strategies for dealing with your emotions that don't involve food. I think the hardest thing is letting yourself feel the emotions, without necessarily acting on them. That's something I have been working on, and it is hard work.

@trooworld Sometimes I wonder why businesses position themselves in areas without adequate parking! Surely it affects their bottom line, as there would be loads of people who would choose another gym because it's easier to access! Going early is a good idea, even if you end up parking further away you still have time to walk there before class.
    I knew what the 2-ingredient dough is, but I admit I had to Google what on earth bagel dogs are! They look delicious, I may have to try them some day!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, you really are super busy! I would definitely be interested in an August challenge, I go ok with tracking most of the time, but then have days where I fall off the tracking wagon and getting back on seems like such a huge task. I would like to hit 100% tracking for August!
    Well, the toddler had a great time at his second kinder gym class. There were no tears at drop off and afterwards he told me all about dressing up as a pirate and collecting treasure! I went to the gym which is just around the corner, and had a plan in mind for what I wanted to do there. Unfortunately that plan failed when I realised they don't have kettlebells! Unless they're out in the back room (the "crossfit" style room), I didn't go out there. I was disappointed as I'd found a kettlebell workout that I felt I could do and it looked kinda fun! Oh well. Instead I walked on a treadmill for a bit, then used the adductor/abductor weights machine. By then, the place was filling up with guys grunting and sweating so I left the weights area and used a rower for a while. That kind of hurt my back but it feels ok today. I will need to come up with a better plan for next week's gym visit - and remember to take my headphones home from work!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pngcl5akgzn76sg.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I plan to get a cortisone shot in my knee this afternoon. I had one in both knees about ten years ago and I think it's time to get one in the left one. I suffer with pain in it quite often and all of this walking and dancing have aggravated it. Wish me luck because I do not like needles. Have a great day all!! Let's go get it! B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I either kicked butt or it kicked my butt, I can't decide! LOL I bet you have fun at the potluck. I will join you (although tracking is already a habit for me).

@TwistedSassette Yeah, I hate that. Although to be fair, parking is an issue almost everywhere here lol. Bagel dogs ARE delicious! I bet the toddler would love them? Awww, so sweet, dressing up as a pirate! I'm glad he had fun. That's too bad they didn't have kettlebells. You should ask someone if they are just somewhere weird.

Hi all. I went to my second boxing class last night. It was really good and really hard. It started off with a 5-minute jogging session: we jogged around 2 cones. I did not like that part at all lol. I haven't jogged for years so it was quite difficult and I was panting by the end and probably holding everyone behind me up. I got to work with 2 lovely women who were encouraging and fun to work with. I'm going back on Thursday. When I got home, my husband had the bagel dogs ready and I ate one with some steamed broccoli. Delicious!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    Options
    cosf0ckuz4hh.png
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.5 lb
    CW: 130.2 lb
    PW: 130.2 lb (maybe)
    CW: 132.4 lb
    Last week I was in vacation without access to a scale and she got mad at me at return and didn’t forgive me yet 😁.
    It’s hard adjusting from 67-70F with basically no humidity to 93F that “feels like” 99F, and from laughing all day, to full time work/housework/serious stuff.
    My animals are very happy to have us back but I sure have loved another week away- ideally with them there too.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Your day and food look awesome, I'm really excited for you with boxing!

@Jactop I hope you're feeling better from your infection.

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a great time with your parents. Welcome back!

@TeresaW1020 Are you still doing data driven fasting? The streets were closed because they were repaving, yesterday was the last day. Enjoy the potluck!

@TwistedSassette I love your cake toppers, you're a talented decorator, they look like they're from a bakery!

@TheGlwUp I agree with your thinking and journaling is a great idea to work through things. Honestly, I think the actual diet part isn't that hard, it's doing the emotional work that's a PITA because we have a lot of habits to unlearn and develop better ones. I hope the stressful situation improves.

@askewcr I hope the injection helps and you're feeling better soon.

@GabiV125 Sorry your vacation is over but I bet being with your pets is wonderful!

Hi team, I have the pain clinic in a bit and I'm super nervous! Being back at this place in my life is a nightmare but it is what it is, I have to see what this place will offer. I just know better than getting my hopes up because all the options stink, I just have to pick the lesser of the lousy options and try a few things to see what I can do. I really lost myself the first time around and feel like I came out of that well so I have to keep the strength I've gained to face what's coming. I have to check in an hour early which is pretty mean to do to people in pain but I have no choice, I'll bring my walker and sit on the floor if I have to.

Food is doing pretty good but I stress-ate popcorn last night and went over a bit. I've been eating to lose 1lb a week and it's still not happening.
This discussion has been closed.