Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options
TeresaW1020
TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
onwbjzdzj9cb.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3 [/center]

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 @TheGlwUp Congrats on the losses!

@apple852hk Hugs to you! Have a good week.

@Katmary71 It sounds like you are going to be busy, but good busy!

@askewcr I was wondering where you were. I'm glad you had fun.

Hi all. I'm one of your Team Motivators! I live in southern California with my husband and dog. I've tried many different diet plans and tricks over the years but the thing that has worked best for ME is WW. I'm on the WW blue plan, that's where I track my food. I've been on WW off and on for about 10-12 years. This time around, I've lost about 32 lbs. I have another ~50 lbs to go. My hobbies include reading, camping, photography, making art of any kind, watching movies, and listening to music. I work full-time so keep pretty busy.

Sunday check-in:
    Well, yesterday was indeed busy. I still found time to make a fairly healthy salad for dinner. Today is going to be busy, too, I have more running around to do and we have to rent a carpet cleaner to clean our sofa because there is something biting us on that sofa. We don't see evidence of any bed bugs or fleas so it must be something else that we hope gets killed by the cleaner. :(

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    6id2bm5g9pa1.jpg
    gvk58nsad2c1.png
    9zhulo28dtrv.png
    f6487lm4adc2.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    ru8i2lvqwv1e.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    5tt4lad40qsx.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    t6c1c7mnxqkd.png
    @bowens1973
    @amymartin555
    @hope002

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    eyfzli3i4zhd.png
    @bowens1973
    @amymartin555
    @angelic843

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @emking517
    @laceyf53
    @Aqualang26
    @happimess01
    @kaj848
    @davidji82
    @peachplace
    @chublet25
    @Zumba_Luvah

kdqb7bv99769.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    yguuoate3kcq.jpg
    wh4v4fpeuk3i.png
    89j64wnmibuk.png
    2kga76jwhefk.png

rkkp8twff6qd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    tixm6zksrs6d.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    f2mw3641lqpy.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    8pyqbb7pqaqj.png
    @bowens1973
    @Beautyofdreams
    @chublet25

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    5w9poppisih9.png
    @BRGking
    @bowens1973
    @Poobah1972

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @happimess01
    @amymartin555
    @IDebraK
    @kerdil08
    @888Angie888
    @SisuMom2019
    @Waifer003
    @Lulu_jo
    @sandielewis2001

tqywzv9m3ovn.png

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71.

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE record your weigh-ins using the following format so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.
    [/b]Username
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):[/b]
    Some of us like to include our monthly and/or overall weight loss too. If you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions, please tag @broncobuddee in your post so he can find you easily.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia. I've been married to the love of my life for almost ten years and we have a little fur baby, Maggie Mae. For the last six years, I've been blessed to work for my church as their ministry assistant. I also do the church cleaning, co-lead our women's ministry, and volunteer in our children’s ministries.

I’ve been chasing a healthy goal weight since I was 11 years old. I’ve lost over 80 lbs. since 2017 by doing different things like Weight Watchers, calorie counting, intermittent fasting, low carb/keto, and in June, I began a new adventure called Data Driven Fasting. I also enjoy working out and do Beachbody on Demand programs and walk on my treadmill.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    My intro:
    I'm Christie, married with a 2.5 year old toddler who stays at home with his dad during the day while I work as an accountant at a gold mine. We live in a small rural town where child care is lacking, so we're lucky that we're able to make it work with only one of us working.
    I have always been overweight/obese, and over the years I tried everything and never stuck to it even when I was having some success. I think that is because I approached it as a diet, a short-term fix, when I needed to think about what habits I could see myself doing for the rest of my life! I changed my approach about a year ago, and so far I've lost about 13kg (30 lbs) and while I still have a long way to go, I feel like I can do it and I haven't given up on myself like I did in the past. I want to set a good, healthy example for my son.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi all, a quick check in from me after being mostly offline for the weekend.

@TeresaW1020 Great loss! I am glad to see the DDF doing what it's meant to!
    I haven't done measurements or photos for a while, I should do that soon.

@Katmary71 I am glad you finally have the referral for the pain clinic, even if it's not the one you wanted. I hope you can get an appointment to get things started very soon.

@trooworld That sucks about the sofa - I hope whatever is biting you dies with the cleaner!
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    y7cz6egcaaym.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Here is our July Week 1 Challenge. Take the time to reflect on each day, and plan for the next.
    u5s73khgxg70.png

Join in daily at:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836944/july-week-1-challenge-reflection-and-commitment/p1?new=1
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't around much at the end of the month. It all just got incredibly busy.

I'm refocused after some emotional eating in the last few weeks. Im going to make July a successful weight loss month for me.

@broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 68.8kg 151.7lbs
    CW: 70.2kg 154.8lbs

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Whoops... meant to introduce myself...

I'm Kath. I live in the UK and this is the heaviest I've been since my last pregnancy, 17 years ago!
    I have a sugar addition (I love it) and I eat when I'm stressed (which is most of the time).

This July I'm going to increase my level of exercise and, also, try to complete some sewing projects so I don't just sit and eat in the evenings.

Good luck everyone
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 188.8
    CW:182.4
    LTD: 42.6
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday (I forgot to post yesterday)
    P. W. 253
    C. W. 252
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 thanks for the app suggestions. I have used FitOn thru WW and use the Fitbit workouts and the workouts here on mfp. Might have to check the others out. My biggest problem is settling on one to do. I like we’re you can see a list of the moves before starting.

@Katmary71 yep I have weights and a bench. If I can’t settle on anything usually do bench presses, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, squats And crunches. Get the basics covered. Usually do 3 sets of 12.

@Lulu_jo congrats on the loss

@TeresaW1020 yep I save all my weeklies for weekend booze. Currently I am drinking Sleeman 2.0 clear. 2 points a can or michalob which is 3 pts (I like me beer). Going to try drinking lots of bubbly Not sure if it’s the beer on a hot day that does it or just the nice cold can. lol. Saw your comment to @bgame4 and i definitely need to do more of the strength training. Definitely need to tone up. I can easily get out for a walk or jog but if trouble settling down to do a workout. So usually do do some sets of above that I mentioned to @Katmary71

Hope everyone is doing well. Back on track today after the weekend at my dads. Was my step moms 50th bday. Partied till 5am on Friday . Bad bad weekend. lol. Will get a run in this morning before it gets to hot. Last day of school for the kiddos. Grade 7 and 10 in the books. Goal for summer is to maintain and not gain. Drink my water. Stay active and don’t go to crazy in the hot summer weather at the lake.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 congrats on making the leader board and staying in the green again

@Lulu_jo congrats on hitting your halfway point. Your really rocking it

@Katmary71 sorry about your loss and that the pain clinic didn't go quite as planned. Fingers crossed it turns out for the better

@TeresaW1020 Nice loss this week. I'm still trying to catch you lol.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
    Finished my first week of the 75 Hard Challenge. Now I see why it's called a mental toughness challenge. The most difficult for me has been getting in the two 45 min workouts because of the time commitment not the work. I'm a procrastinator and exercise is an easy task to push off so I have to plan and prioritize activities.

I know this isnt something i can sustain but its the push i needed to really get back on track. I'm down to a new low on the scale (a number I haven't seen since 1994).

Now I need to get offline and go get in my first workout. I used my actual weight this week instead of my average and after a whoosh I'll have to work my butt off if I want to post a loss for next week
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 @mlhopp93 @Lulu_jo @davors19 @Firefly743 @19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 Congrats on getting on the leaderboard!

@TwistedSassette Thanks. I hope so too, we didn't end up renting the cleaner yet. :(

@Jactop @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

Hello all. First day of company starts tonight. I'm going to plan ahead for dinner. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 195.4

Just coming off the end of my cycle, so I expected a little increase. Next 3 weeks should be good ;)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Haaayyyy everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am a single mom of 3 adult children – son, Marcus, is 25 and in the Navy (currently on a Double Pump Deployment), oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and lives with her husband about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and is still at home with me. I work in Community Development for my county in Southwest Michigan (been there over 16 years now) and I'm back in the office now 4 days per week (sad face). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I've been vegan for over 9 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and need to lose about 45 pounds. I had lost 60 pounds several years ago through Weight Watchers, but, like most people, most of my weight reattached itself to me like a sea lamprey. I started on WW (green plan) again back in April, so not tracking food here, but definitely need the community of this team. You all keep me going!

I recently bought a FitBit and it’s funny how a little message makes me want to get up and walk. My goal for the first half of July is to get out and hike local trails more. I’m excited to see how the steps will rack up on it. A local conservatory is sponsoring a trail challenge, so I signed up for it. I’ll share photos as I can.

I hope everyone has a fabulous start to their week. WE CAN DO THIS!

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@Jactop Wahoooo on your loss this week and seeing a new low number! That is fantastic!! B) I admire your commitment to the 75 Hard Challenge. The workouts would be the issue for me too but making such a commitment as you have done will for sure help you with the procrastination. If I don’t get my act together this week you are going to catch me for sure! ;)

@trooworld Have a great day with your company!! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a great idea to start walking your local trails. Your steps are going to be super high and you will see the scale go down for sure with that kind of dedication. B)

Hi Team! It’s a busy week for me with vacation Bible school starting last evening. I have five kids on my crew that range from 5 to 7 years old. They were all good kids last night and we had lots of fun. It runs through Thursday where we end with a big family night of pizza and giant inflatables for the kids to play on. :) This past week was a struggle for me, and my trigger blood sugar kept dropping a point a day and I was finding it hard to reach that number before eating. So, I made the decision to reset my trigger and it went back to 84. Today it’s 83 and will continue to drop. I just need to dig deep and deal with hunger until I reach my trigger. It’s all a mental game and I am not quitting…just readjusting. :grin:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I live in FL with my husband, and college age son and daughter who are home for the summer. We also have a dog. I love dogs! Been fighting with my weight since young adulthood and it's only gotten more challenging as I get older. This group is a blessing to me. I've learned so much and the support is just plain awesome!

As I said last week, having a reasonable weekend seems to be key for me. Yesterday was a real crap day where I ate way too many things and I don't even know why. That hasn't happened in a good while. But ONWARD! What's done is done and I'm back on track today.

Happy Monday Ya'll.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    @krea4 I like your plan to complete some sewing projects to help cut back on the evening snacking! I would love to see some of your finished projects sometime.

@Jactop Amazing!!! :star:
    I do the same thing as a procrastinator, put off the exercise as an "optional" thing. Good on you for pushing yourself with this 75 Hard challenge!

@19shmoo69 Good work, still plugging away!

@renaegry Sounds like a fun weekend! Drinking your water is definitely a must in the summer heat!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oooooh a trail challenge sounds like fun! Great goals!

@TeresaW1020 You're tougher than me, for sure. My hunger would get to me! But also good on you for recognising that your trigger was dropping too fast and resetting it - that's making the program work for you at a pace that you feel more comfortable with. Awesome job on listening to your body!

@Cornanda Good to see you're back on track!
    Just a quick check in from me. I didn't do my workout last night, I hadn't counted on how draining it is to wear a face mask all day. My head was aching (I find it hard to relax my face muscles when I wear a mask, or glasses, or anything like that) and we had a couple of drop-in visitors. I don't know if I mentioned that we are under a mask mandate across the state now, it's the first time we have been made to wear masks at work. Unfortunately I share an office with 3 other people so we are all in masks all day now. One lady wears glasses that keep fogging up and another is asthmatic, so it's worse for them than for me!

My hubby has gone to help his mum on the farm for a couple of days, so my sister is watching our son. It worked out well that it's school holidays (she's a teacher) so she can help us out.
    4ec6434mnvck.png
    2021 Word: PEACE
    Goals for June:
    85y0z2ct7ph9.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    In retrospect, I was on a good roll. Vacation came and was much needed but getting back on a roll will take more of an intentional mindset. I know I can do this. I need to plan more as well. I'm so thankful for this group. Seeing all the posts reminds me that I can do this. We can do this. Good Night All!! :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm in the Sacramento area in CA. I'm 49 and have two cats that just turned two and my boyfriend lives with me with his two cats that are three. The three boys are usually in my room until I scare my boyfriend's male out when I start working out and turn on music, I can't dance around my room or he's out of there! I have CRPS that I'd been in remission for around three years and came out last March and have a lot of health issues so you'll hear me grumble about not feeling good or limitations. I'm currently going to a holistic pain group and renting a micro current machine for use at home, the most useful thing it does is get the body out of fight-or-flight that happens at the higher pain levels which pretty awesome! I volunteer at the food bank farm, garden at home, spend a lot of time reading, then usually work out daily (arm cardio, stretching/yoga, limited strength). I'm been a team motivator for over a year now and do so along with @trooworld and @AustinRuadhain and have been around for a little over two years at this point.

Not much new to report, just getting ready to go out-of-town and have some appointments prior to that.
This discussion has been closed.