Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Quick check in before turning in for the night. Was a good day, Physio just about did me in, but I like it when he works me hard. I actually did 10,000 steps over the course of the day, that’s been the first time I’ve been able to do that in a very long time! I made sure to track every single morsel as I ingested it today, I tracked an additional hundred plus calories that I don’t think I would have before. Like that spritz of oil in the air fryer etc. I’m still not getting enough water, I will work on that tomorrow!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette @trooworld Thanks
    It's amazing what you can achieve when you limit the snacking and move more.

@TwistedSassette I also love your rule: don't eat from the package!!!! I'm going to add that to my arsenal.
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! The squat challenge has you break it down to 3x a day... So 153 is only 51 each time lol.... Yep ... I tried to make it sound better, but it really doesn't😂
    I'll try my best! So far I've been doing them all at once. I wonder how far I'll get before I have to break them up.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - July 2021 Thursday
    PW 156.7 (I think)
    CW 156.0
  • renaegry
    Options
    Back from the lake. Did achieve my 10,000 steps yesterday and plan to again today. Plan on going for a run later this morning. A cool day today

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Best friend time sounds wonderful!

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy to hear you're back on track!

@renaegry Enjoy the lake, that sounds awesome.

@TwistedSassette What is the Body Boss program? I would've eaten the whole bag of peanuts too! It sucks to not be able to sit down with a package but I devour them too.

@19shmoo69 Enjoy that coffee! I'm drinking mine right now too!

@laurelfit57 Amazing steps, sorry to hear it's tough with the physio but glad it's working for you! Good luck with the water. I've been drinking herbal teas instead, I need to get more Thursday from the famer's market.

@Lulu_jo Glad the squats are starting out well! I remember early on I did one that went up 25 every day, after a week I was so sore!

Hi everyone. I decided I wanted to weigh less by my birthday but I'm not ready to weigh myself so I just want my clothes to be looser by then (3 months). I started a full body strength workout yesterday, it hurt but I was able to calm my body down afterward. Today's the food bank farm, my SIL and nephews are meeting me there so that should be fun. There's a group on Next Door that does yoga at one of their homes in the backyard, I'm thinking of taking my yoga mat tomorrow morning and going. I wanted to take my SIL as she loves yoga but she can't do it, I feel kinda shy since I don't know them which is why I SHOULD do it. You don't grow in your comfort zone, right?!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

19shmoo69 wrote: »
    [

Refocus and resetting again.

My apologies to everybody for not posting more. I can seem very crude and for the longest I did not know why. Quite literally the other day I realized that I write some things like an itemized list. We all know lists are without feelings, emotions or care. That's not me but I do come across that way.

I don't find you come across as crude, unemotional or uncaring at all. I recall when you were on our team before. Some of your posts were more serious but your random coffee posts always made me laugh.

Don't feel like you need to change your writing style or refrain from posting because you're not as perky (no pun intended) as usual. You've been doing great but it looks like you had a rough week so if you need to vent/rant/share then spill. We're all in this together.

@trooworld love the giraffe pics especially the last one. I can see it showing up as a meme. I'm always baffled that such a large animal can be so cute.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I like the changes you've made to get back on track so quickly. You're really rockin' your "With Purpose" mantra

@TwistedSassette great job on the a snood and painting. Looks like fun.

@TeresaW1020 my daughter would make a great drill sergeant or personal trainer so she's the ideal person to do the 75 Hard challenge with lol. She's bipolar and struggles with anxiety, depression and a multitude of health issues that she controls with diet and exercise so she has zero sympathy when her arthritic, aging and out of shape mother is tempted to slack off or cheat

I haven't been posting much. By the time I catch up reading I'm out of time and don't seem to get back to it.

I'm still doing 75 Hard but have restarted a few times. Any little blip in my routine and I run out of time to get all of the tasks completed so today I'm back to day 1 (again). I may never finish this challenge but it's helping me build some good habits

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 182.4
    CW:183.4
    LTD: 41.6
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday (at least for those of us in the US)

This is sort of random with responses as I am combining what I remember from yesterdays posts with what I read today.

@19shmoo69 - I completely agree with what @Jactop said!

@trooworld - love the giraffe pix and hope your hubs is feeling better.

@TwistedSassette - glad you are working on your strength training. Exercise has been going well for me. This week I have chosen a 13 min ab/butt workout. It will be a challenge for me.
    Love your artsy work!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Hooray for a loss this week! Way to get out there hiking!

@laurelfit57 - nice work tracking and stepping, hope you got the water in today.

@renaegry - like your exercise plans for today.

@Katmary71 - you are so right about not growing in your comfort zone. Did you go to yoga?

@Jactop - I really admire you for doing the challenge- whether you finish or not!

Not much new here.... eating was pretty good over the weekend, and I got my exercise in too. Looks like another rainy week......

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Jactop Sounds like you have the perfect person to be doing the 75 Hard Challenge with! And it doesn’t matter how many times you restart because fitness is supposed to be a lifetime habit anyway. Right? Plus, you have inspired me and I’m going to start doing at least 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill before making dinner. :)

@Katmary71 You should totally go to your neighbors and do some yoga. I’m sure they would be thrilled to have you. It’s always hard for me to get out of my comfort zone too, but I’ve never once regretted it when I do. ;)

@renaegry Nice loss this week considering you were at the lake having fun! :)

@Lulu_jo OK breaking down the 153 squats would definitely make it more doable. But 51 at a time is still a ton of squatting. Your butt and thighs are going to look amazing! :grin:

@laurelfit57 Nice job getting in your 10,000 steps and tracking your food. When I do track it’s always surprising how those little things like a spritz of oil can really add up. :)

@19shmoo69 Please just be yourself in this group! We are all different and that is what is needed for a good community to thrive. Plus, as an avid coffee lover myself…when isn’t there a good time for coffee? ;):p

@TwistedSassette Yeah, eating from the package is never a good idea! But how awesome that you have revised the Body Boss program so that you can do it and that your measurements are showing nice results. That has to be very motivating! :)

Hi Team! Not much going on here today. The scale was down a little this morning and I’ve been doing great with my eating and exercise. I’m going to start doing a little extra exercise before dinner and incorporate some treadmill walking. I figure it can’t hurt and most days I have the extra time. On Monday, I’m going to Florida to pick up my mom, who was down there while my sister had double knee surgery. Mom can’t do very much physically and is actually more of a hindrance than any real help. So, she will be back here with hubby and me. I’m working on my attitude of acceptance. :#

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Hit my trigger before lunch but not so much before dinner. I think it was the extra working out.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Control Freak phase two, total body tone and a 30 minute HIIT treadmill walk
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,630 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 That's great that you are able to be more active, congrats.

@renaegry Congrats on your loss - even while away at the lake!

@Katmary71 The Body Boss program is a HIIT program that I bought a few years ago and never actually got around to starting properly. I printed out the program and bound it, but it's been staring at me from the shelf ever since! I think I started it once but it was too hard so I gave up. It's nice knowing that I'm struggling less this time!
    The program has 12 weeks, plus 4 weeks of pretraining which is easier than the main program. I am doing week 1 of pretraining this week - this will be tonight's workout:
    ana4zy4yapb8.png
    And then this is an example from the last week of the main program - what I'll aim for eventually!
    5hzudvr2shec.png
    You're so right, you don't grow in your comfort zone! You should join the yoga group for sure!

@Jactop I'm glad the 75 Hard challenge is pushing you to create some good habits! Sounds like your daughter is a great partner for it.

@Cornanda I wish you luck with the challenging ab/butt workout! How often do you plan to do it?

@TeresaW1020 The extra treadmill time sounds like a good idea. Also, I hope I'm not overstepping here, but about your Mom - do try to cherish the time you can spend with her. Ask her questions about her life, her childhood, her experiences. One day you won't be able to and you'd wish you did.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good, I ate more than I'd intended, but walked two miles in place while watching TV with hubby in the evening so I ended up with a very decent deficit. It was funny, I could see my reflection in the glass sliding doors while walking, and I kept thinking I wasn't lifting my feet high enough even though it felt like I was. That made me walk a bit faster!

This morning I had a little whoosh on the scale which made me quite happy as I wasn't really expecting it! I am back to 14kg lost now, which is over 10% of my starting weight. I hope it continues to drop over the next few days!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png7i5ysmr9qqgk.png
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm used to squatting with weight, so these small amounts are pretty easy... When the numbers get higher, I will struggle lol

@TeresaW1020 That's the goal! 🎉
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Very busy day today! I had two meetings and I tutored one student today. I feel that I am back in the rhythm of eating and exercising. I am more mindful of my choices and that's quite a large part of the battle. I'm getting that water and exercise in as well. I am encouraged! Let's go get it!
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    It is cloudy and will start raining soon which is not bad at all, we've had a couple of days in the 90s and need this rain. This also means it is a gym day, I have not done any exercise this week and I might have over eaten on the 4th holiday :) I added 0.6lbs but do not want it to be a 1 or 2 by my weigh day Saturday. I am still struggling with the plateau I hit, I have been trying to rest and change the time and what I do but no results so far, hopefully soon.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Today is the beginning of day 3 of refocusing. Due to how my work days are structured my workouts will be be different in order, run first and then the gym.

Remember kids drink your coffee!☕🤓
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!!! That was a good idea to ask your daughter to keep her snacks in her room. I find success stories really motivating, too. I love Connect (WW social media like Instagram, for those that don't know). Yay for new hiking boots!

@TwistedSassette Yes! Exactly. Oh man, whenever I go to the supermarket hungry that kind of thing happens! That's great that you can do the Body Boss program now. Next time, don't go to the store hungry lol. What a great NSV to be in the low risk range, WTG! That's good that your program has pre-training, such a good idea. Congrats on the whoosh!

@laurelfit57 Great step count! I need to work on my water, too.

@krea4 Yes, snacking is a sticky spot for me, too. I do so much better when I don't snack. And moving more, yes!

@renaegry Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 It will be so much fun. We've been best friends since we were 8 (4th grade)! Clothes looser by birthday is a good goal, good luck! You are right about your comfort zone...that's why I force myself to do book club activities!

@Jactop Thanks! That program that you are doing seems so hard. That's good it is helping you build good habits.

@Cornanda Thank you and yes, he is finally feeling better!

@TeresaW1020 The treadmill time will surely help.

@RYcare Enjoy the rain!

Hi all. Yesterday was a rest day, I just gave blood and that was it for activities. I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize but I've slipped some.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hello. It's Wednesday!

@TwistedSassette - I don't have a firm plan for the ab workouts. Right now I'm just trying to stop avoiding them completely. Then I will build on that.

@19shmoo69 - I drank my coffee!

My scale is messing with me. Yesterday it was down over a pound and today it's up 2. :p
  • renaegry
    Options
    Morning all

@TwistedSassette thanks. The loss was before we went down to the lake but after being home for 2 days I am pretty much back there again so all good. But just keep bouncing back and forth with no real progress

@Katmary71 love it down at the lake we have a seasonal camper spot. Just need more control when I am down there. When you do you workouts do you use video or apps? I like bouncing between the workouts here on mfp, Fitbit or WW.

@Cornanda i did get my 10,000 steps in yesterday but did a walk wasn’t feeling the jog plus then did the 28 day core plus workout here on mfp. Hate when the scale bounces like that I’m a daily weigher I have an aria that links right to my Fitbit.

Last day at home today then back to the lake till Monday. Plan on having more control while there this weekend with booze and eating and making sure I get some walks or jogs in. Today’s workout will consist of an hours worth of grass cutting which will get my 10,000 steps in. Possible will do a quick 10 min strength workout or will do some bench presses a d biceps.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.