Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TheGlwUp Sometimes when you start exercising more your muscles will hold on to water. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will go down. :)

@bgame Great consistency in your walking! Snacking can be a real struggle for so many of us. Try brushing your teeth or gargling with some very minty mouthwash when you feel snacky. I find that really helps me in the afternoons. I love 1st and 2nd graders too. I will be teaching them this fall when we start back up with our Sunday school classes.

@ davors19, @askewcr, @RYcare, @mlhopp93, @Firefly743, and @Cornanda Nice losses this week!! Keep it up! B)

@trooworld You are on vacation and have had a very busy week! Don’t even worry about that gain because you will be back on track soon and the scale will come down. I’m telling myself the same thing! ;)

Hello team! Not much going on today. I did a double workout this morning and then a bunch of computer work and some housework. My eating has been great the last two days and hopefully, the scale will start moving downward again. :p

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge I’m still working towards reaching the 82 before I eat. Didn’t get there at lunchtime but hoping I will before I eat dinner.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Off The Wall Control Freak, Phase Two, Day 1 and 2, Tabata cardio and shoulders.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Today I started a squat challenge with my sister (no weights, just squats). Day one is 15 squats, the last day is 153 squats😳. I've finally passed my halfway point and officially have lost more weight than I still have to lose. Yay! 60lbs down... 57 to go. With it being the 4th, and my anniversary, tomorrow (I guess it's actually today now) I may splurge a little, but try not to go overboard. I took all last week off of lifting. My body just needed a break. Sometimes it's like that, and that's ok. I managed to sleep for 8 hours every night last week, so that's a plus! I'm feeling good about next week and getting back on track.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I love when you try on some clothes only half expecting them to fit, and you get a nice surprise!

@Jactop Those are some great goals for July! You got this!!

@davidji82 Another great loss :smiley:

@TeresaW1020 Yay for picking up all the candy and resisting it! Now it's out of sight, out of mind - much better!

@davors19 Nice loss, congrats

@RYcare Congrats on your loss this week!

@askewcr Good for you, dropping a bunch of that vacation gain quickly. Goes to show it was just water weight after all!

@mlhopp93 Nice loss!

@Firefly743 Great loss!

@trooworld Sounds like you're having a great time with your visitors - hope to hear about your shenanigans when you're back online!

@Cornanda Good work! Every little loss adds up! How are you going with your strength work?

@lulu_jo Wow, great loss! Congrats on passing your halfway point, that's amazing! Also, nice job on the good sleep hygiene! It makes such a big difference to get good, consistent sleep. Something I am working on too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi all, it's Sunday evening here in Australia now, I'm about to go and cook some dinner for the family. It's been a fairly low-key weekend, I've been a bit lazy and it's been a bit boozy, but it's been enjoyable too.

On Friday night, I went with my sister to a paint & sip night where we first knitted a "snood" which is like a chunky infinity scarf that you knit using your arm and a thick stick (there are only 11 rows). The lady teaching that part of the evening is a true inspiration - she is in a wheelchair because she is a hemiplegic, meaning she can only move the left side of her body. That happened after she was in a car accident where she fell asleep at the wheel, and then in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, the paramedic also fell asleep at the wheel and rear-ended someone, compounding her injuries. A truly awful story, but for her to overcome that and the mental struggles during recovery to be such a bright, happy, positive person spreading love and creativity is really inspirational. You can check her our on Instagram if you're interested - she's @OhBulldust

The second part of the evening we were painting a merino ram on canvas - I am the absolute least creative person that I know, but I am pretty proud of my efforts! We had so much fun recreating the artwork and learning some painting techniques. This is a pic of our finished products (that's me in the middle with my sister on the right and my best friend since kindergarten on the left) - we are wearing the snoods we created too.
    9yjtacr9u018.jpg
    This is the inspiration painting were were supposed to be replicating - the artist is a local lady who grew up on a farm like I did, she's also on Instagram as @ThePinkGalah
    4ruymfgi6rtg.jpg

After we got home, we played Cluedo and had a pretty late night. It was really fun to just unwind a bit! On Saturday, hubby & I just did a whole bunch of housework and then I had a massage in the afternoon/early evening which was very much needed. My massage therapist is amazing and really fixes up my hips etc. which I have problems with. Then my sister came around and we had some cocktails while playing some more board games, it was another fun (but late) night!

This week will be very busy at work since it's the end of financial year so we are busily finalising our figures for audit and reporting.
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pngqim5qrbbwqfm.png
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - July 2021 Sunday
    PW 139lbs (63.1kg)
    CW 140.6lbs (63.8kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Putting on weight the past two weeks.

I can't put my finger on why. Maybe I really am eating lots of biscuits without realising it.

Need to get into the habit of not snacking between meals.

Wishing everyone a good week ahead.

Smiles☺️

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!! B)B)
    ENJOY YOUR DAY!!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week 2
    P. W. 252
    C. W. 267

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:WEEK TWO CHALLENGE is up and ready for you to show us how you are FIRED UP & FOCUSED. :star:

lou339sb9m1j.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 160.2.
    CW. 161.2
    My goal for this week is to check in hear daily. It is going to be another busy week, but I want to make sure I am super uncle and accountable.

I am almost into the pants that are hanging on the back of my door, we are going on vacation in 2 1/2 weeks and I want to make sure I can fit into them :-) :-)

Goal Weight Challenge: Keep my eye on the prize!

Track & Eat Within Macro Ranges
    No snacking after 8
    No unplanned sugar
    No junk snacks
    Exercise 5 x weekly
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette The paint & sip night sounds fun! Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 What a great NSV to be able to fit into clothing that you couldn't! Keep your eyes on those NSV when you don't see a loss. ;)

@davidj82 @Lulu_jo @davors19 @TheGlwUp @RYcare @askewcr @mlhopp93 @Firefly743 @Cornanda Congrats on the losses!

@Jactop Good goals for 2021, good luck with them!

@TeresaW1020 Sorry about the gain. WTG, staying away from the candy at work! Yes, I'm not too upset because I know a lot of that is bloat.

@TwistedSassette Having a blast! Thanks! I'm glad you had a good weekend. Wow about the paint and sip teacher! What a crazy story. I love what you created, the snoods are awesome and the painting looks fun.

@apple852hk Are you tracking your food that you can look back on what you've been doing? I wish you luck this week.

@askewcr Happy 4th!

Hi all. I'm having a great time with my family. We went to the wild animal park the other day (here are some pics) and yesterday, we took my train-obsessed 17 yr old nephew to a railroad museum which he loved. Yesterday afternoon, my husband became sick, he's throwing up and we think he might have food poisoning but he doesn't have a fever so I'm making him do a doctor visit via the internet when he wakes up from a nap. Today, the 4th of July, we are supposed to bring homemade Italian food over to my brother's hotel and hang out there. I was supposed to wear a bathing suit but I honestly don't think I have one so I won't be swimming.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

d3g2jg9lwfwg.jpg
    n7o3ydsxavfh.jpg
    xo96ptb0trsg.jpg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Sat
    PW 200
    CW 205
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Lulu_jo Congrats on your 60 lb loss!! That is fantastic!! Wow, that squat challenge sounds very intense. I love doing squats but 153 sounds really insane. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your celebrations. :)

@TwistedSassette What a fun night you had at the paint & snip! I love the snoods and the artwork. I bet your son was very impressed with your painting. :grin: I need a good massage therapist. I’ve never had a professional massage but would love to give it a try one day.

@apple852hk Getting into the habit of not snacking was hard for me but truly one of the best things I’ve done. A doctor I follow says that snacking is never about hunger and always about an emotional response. Finding something other than snacking is the part that helps me, like doing my jigsaw puzzles or reading. :)

@laurelfit57 Girl you just keep your eye on those pants and you will be wearing them for sure on your vacation!! :grin:

@trooworld Those pics of the giraffe are awesome!! What a personality! :grin: I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

Hi Team! Happy Independence Day for those of us in the USA! :star: Today, has been really low-key. I had church this morning and then I came home and have been binge-watching Top Chef and working on my puzzle. I have a rack of ribs in the instant pot right now and plan to make corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. A friend at church gave me some dark chocolate that her family doesn’t like and she knows I love the stuff, so hubby and I will split a bar for dessert this evening as we watch Downton Abbey and try to keep our little dog from freaking out over the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. :)

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Just kind of coasting along today. I did hit my trigger before I had lunch.
    No Sugar Splurging on some 93% dark chocolate <3
    Workout (includes church cleaning): I took today off
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @apple852hk Sending you hugs. Have you tried tracking everything you eat? Even if you're not into calorie counting, just writing down everything that passes your lips can help you figure out some patterns and things you can work on.

@19shmoo69 Sending you hugs as well. Time to refocus?

@laurelfit57 You got this? You will fit into those pants!

@trooworld Great pics! How cool are giraffes?! Sounds like you're having an amazing time, I hope your hubby feels better soon.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! My son's reaction was "clever Mummy" lol, bless him!
    You should definitely seek out a good remedial massage therapist - I have learned so much about what is connected to what! One time I went in with headaches caused by tension in my shoulders & neck, which turns out to be because my hips were out of alignment (I have one leg shorter than the other) so I was inadvertently compensating and causing tension. And the plantar fasciitis that I struggle with in recent times is likely caused by weak glute muscles, which changes the gait and causes stress under the foot and in the achilles, so she does a lot of work around my hips & glutes and switches on the lazy muscles - it hurts in the moment but feels soooo much better later!
    Yesterday was pretty decent, I didn't track my calories but I did do some yoga which was nice. While I went to bed on time, I didn't get a good night's sleep. I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep for some reason. Might be to do with the afternoon nap I took, but I thought that was early enough to not interfere. Who knows! All I know is that I'm tired today and hoping for better sleep tonight!

I hope all my US friends had a great 4th July!
    m26v9koftd5k.png7e550fa9lpqd.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk Sending you hugs. Have you tried tracking everything you eat? Even if you're not into calorie counting, just writing down everything that passes your lips can help you figure out some patterns and things you can work on.

@19shmoo69 Sending you hugs as well. Time to refocus?

@laurelfit57 You got this? You will fit into those pants!

@trooworld Great pics! How cool are giraffes?! Sounds like you're having an amazing time, I hope your hubby feels better soon.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! My son's reaction was "clever Mummy" lol, bless him!
    You should definitely seek out a good remedial massage therapist - I have learned so much about what is connected to what! One time I went in with headaches caused by tension in my shoulders & neck, which turns out to be because my hips were out of alignment (I have one leg shorter than the other) so I was inadvertently compensating and causing tension. And the plantar fasciitis that I struggle with in recent times is likely caused by weak glute muscles, which changes the gait and causes stress under the foot and in the achilles, so she does a lot of work around my hips & glutes and switches on the lazy muscles - it hurts in the moment but feels soooo much better later!
    Yesterday was pretty decent, I didn't track my calories but I did do some yoga which was nice. While I went to bed on time, I didn't get a good night's sleep. I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep for some reason. Might be to do with the afternoon nap I took, but I thought that was early enough to not interfere. Who knows! All I know is that I'm tired today and hoping for better sleep tonight!

I hope all my US friends had a great 4th July!
    m26v9koftd5k.png7e550fa9lpqd.png

Refocus and resetting again.

My apologies to everybody for not posting more. I can seem very crude and for the longest I did not know why. Quite literally the other day I realized that I write some things like an itemized list. We all know lists are without feelings, emotions or care. That's not me but I do come across that way.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Dangit, I clicked on links and lost everything, that was an hour's worth, you'd think after 2 years of being in this group I'd know better!

@trooworld Are you in San Diego? IF so I LOVE that wild animal park! I hate zoos, I feel bad for all the animals trapped in cages and want to set them free but at least the wild animal park they seem happy and can run around. My brother went to San Diego State and we went there and the zoo along with other adventures. I love that area! Beautiful giraffe, you need to frame that last one and stick it somewhere you'll see it often, it's impossible not to smile at!

@TwistedSassette It sounds like you, your sister, and your best friend had a great time! I was trying to read about the woman who taught you how to make the snood when I lost all my posts and it didn't connect but it still erased everything! Those "sports" massages are nothing like what a "feel good" massage is, I got massages after I slipped at work and she'd cover me in Tiger Balm and rub the heck out of every area that had knots, you feel like you've been beat up at the end but you do feel better!

@TeresaW1020 Enjoy your night, I hope the noise isn't too loud for your pup! We had a lot of fireworks going off last night and each time they would the cats would scatter, it's really sad.

I'm back from the funeral, it was a really hard trip physically but I'm glad I went. They're doing work on the freeway and it took 2 hours longer than normal plus stops weren't letting us use their restrooms, I was so mad after we were turned down the second time (including where we were eating) that I was going to go in the street and sue the city if I was fined for indecent exposure- I can't physically walk to multiple stores! It took 5 places for the three of us to go to the bathroom. It was very sad but we made the best of it and I had the chance to reconnect with people I hadn't seen in a long time. The drive home was awful and I have a cold now but am better than I was yesterday.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I did have a wonderful time with my family. Your 4th sounds fun, too. And delicious!

@TwistedSassette I know, right? They are the best! So cool. I did have an amazing time, thanks. Hubby feels a little better today.

@Katmary71 LOL those links! I am in San Diego. The wild animal park is so awesome. My husband feels the same way you do about zoos. The wild animal park is much better for that reason. I also went to SDSU! That's a good idea about the last pic. I'm glad the funeral trip went ok. That's terrible they wouldn't let you use the restroom. I'm sorry you caught a cold.

@krea4 Congrats on the loss!

Hello all. My company leaves this morning but I left them at the hotel at 3:00 pm yesterday. I got "peopled out" but my excuse was going home to take care of my sick hubby. Now I rest up before my best friend comes on Friday.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 194.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Thank you for all the encouraging words and helpful suggestions. I've done so much better the past few days. Got out onto the trails and earned a lot of Fit Points. Today's exercise will be mowing and misc yard work.

Daughter and I found awesome vegan hiking boots last Wednesday - The North Face women's activist futurelight. Super helpful for these muddy trails!

I've also requested DD keep her snacks hidden in her room and she has. So far, so good! I've also been reading a lot of success stories on both the WW app groups and Facebook groups.

Hugs to everyone! Slow and steady wins the race!

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Quick note. Have been at the lake since last week no service. Will sit down this weekend catch up and post weight
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Glad to see you're not giving up - refocus, and maybe revisit your goals to remind yourself why you're doing it.

@Katmary71 Sorry that you lost all your posts :frowning: It wasn't a link I shared, just her tag on Insta. Your old massage therapist sounds brutal! Mine uses essential oils and it does feel good, just a bit painful when she's gotta get into the real deep tissue!
    The trip sounds awful, but I'm glad that there was some positive moments of reconnection.

@krea4 Nice work!

@trooworld I know just what you mean about being "peopled out"! I get the same way, I'm ok for a while and then just drained.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yay! Good to see the scale going the right direction! Sounds like you may have just found your mojo again on those trails :wink:
    Just a quick check in from me. I was on track yesterday but went to the supermarket on the way home when I was hungry. So I bought some things I probably shouldn't have. Including some chocolate-covered peanuts, which I then ate the whole bag. A small bag, but wayyyyyyy too many calories for one day!
    On a positive note, I did restart the Body Boss program and made some modifications so that I can actually complete it. And that put me on a deficit of exactly TWO calories for the day, lol. I'm mad at myself for eating all the peanuts when I could have had a really awesome day on paper instead of a maintenance day! Next time I must remember the rule: don't eat from the package!!!!

I think I forgot to mention that I did some measurements on the weekend, and have lost inches all around, so I'm happy about that too. Most significantly, my thighs are smaller, and my waist. I worked out my waist to hip ratio is 0.75 too, which is in the "low risk" range, so that's also great!

Today will be busy at work, but I hope to get some walking in and do some cardio this evening (active rest day in the program). And stay away from the peanuts.
    m26v9koftd5k.pngffgo0gpfieos.png
This discussion has been closed.