Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@TwistedSassette Body Boss looks just like the Beachbody workouts that I do. Some are easier than others for sure. I am just not a girl who likes doing a burpee! :grin: And you are not overstepping at all with your wise advice about my mom. We have always had a good relationship even though she is very different from me. But you are right that I need to be thankful that I have her and that I can give her a comfortable life, which is something she often hasn’t had in the past. So, thank you! <3

@askewcr You are doing awesome! Keep it up. :)

@RYcare You just stay focused and that small gain over the 4th will go away. What kind of exercises do you like to do at the gym? :)

@Cornanda I hate it when my scale won’t behave!! :grin:

@Jactop Wahhhooooo on making it to the top of the leaderboard for the Fat2Fit most weight lost!! You rocked it! B)

Hi Team! Not too much going on today. I had to do some church work and then just did some odds and end stuff around the house. I had a good workout and made a delicious chicken salad for dinner. I love cold dinners when it’s summertime.
    Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge I totally forgot both times to test my BG before eating. Not sure what says about me.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Control Freak phase two, total chest and biceps and then a 20 minute fat burn program on the treadmill
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,630 Member
    Options
    @askewcr Glad to hear you're back in the rhythm!

@RYcare I'm glad your area is getting some much-needed rain. I love watching the land recover from dryness after the rain!

@19shmoo69 Great streak! I am going to make my coffee shortly!

@trooworld I think it's great that you give blood! We need more people like you. I wish there was a donation centre here, but it's a 300km drive to the nearest one :dizzy:

@Cornanda Hahahha stopping avoiding the ab workouts is a great start! How did you do?
    I hate when my scale does that, it makes me wonder what I've eaten or done to make myself retain water!

@renaegry Getting in some more walking at the lake sounds like a great plan. Have fun!

@TeresaW1020 I am definitely not a burpee girl either! I can't even do the half-burpees. I usually substitute with either inchworms or a sumo squat with a lateral fly using a resistance band. Apparently that works the same muscles, but just isn't as intense. Which is fine by me at this point!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I seem to be developing a pattern - running a deficit (yay) but not eating nutritious foods (boo)! I am eating chocolate or lollies, then not eating fruit or yoghurt because I don't have room in my calories for it. I should be doing it the other way around. It's definitely something I need to work on. I am not one who will avoid certain foods entirely, I know myself well enough to know that's a sure-fire way to end up with a binge. So I need to find a way that I can still have treats, but in moderation. Ideas, anyone?

Last night I did not want to work out, but eventually I convinced myself to just do it. I'm glad I did, it felt good afterwards! I watched the final episode of Anne with an E while doing the Body Boss workout, so that was nice too. My hip adductors are protesting a little this morning so I definitely know I have worked them!

Tomorrow we are heading out of town on an overnight trip. We need to do some shopping for things we can't get here, and also want to take our son to see his grandmother (my MIL) who he doesn't see often. She never visits us here (like, literally 4 times in the 9 years we have lived here and it's only a 3 hour drive or so), and since I work all the time there aren't a lot of opportunities to get down to see her. I'm not really looking forward to that part of the trip, but the little getaway beforehand will be nice. We are still under mask mandates here, so that will also not be much fun while shopping. At least those under 12 are exempt so I don't have to try to convince my 2.5-year old to keep a mask on!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pngfroupg27hnti.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Well I’m afraid I went off the rails yesterday, but totally worth it! I took my 5 year old granddaughter out for the day yesterday. We had special girl time which she absolutely loves. We spent the day at West Edmonton Mall, where they have everything you could ever think of. My granddaughter has not been anywhere since Covid began, so she was over the moon excited! We’re not all me had lunch in a Restaurant, we shopped till we dropped and then we played on the round of mini golf.
    I am afraid that I did not keep up on my water at all, I did great at lunch, ordered a very basic salad with grilled chicken breast, halfway through the afternoon we had an ice cream cone, and met my daughter and grandson for supper, by that time I was starving, So of course that didn’t go well!
    It was all totally worth it, my granddaughter was so excited all day!
    I was going to check in last night, sat down on the couch with my feet up, computer on my lap and I fell sound asleep🤣. Got right back on track today, unfortunately, not nearly as many steps, all that shopping And mall walking yesterday did me in
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ugh... Nothing like going to physical therapy to make you feel like crap. I go in with some pain, not horrible, and come out 1000x worse. My back is now killing me and I ended up doing nothing today. I have to go back Friday and Monday😭. I'd quit going, but I have to do it to get the MRI I so desperately need (pretty sure I have a herniated disk). That's the extent of my day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Username: Renaegry
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 156
    CW:157
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Did someone say keylime cake? My best friend baked one and brought me a big "hunk" yesterday and it was so good. I absolutely fell off the wagon yesterday because we also had fried rice, teriyaki chicken, and honey chicken. Well worth it to spend time with her. I'm sipping on water now. Time to get back with it!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I hate when the scale does that!

@Jactop @TheGlwUp @Lulu_jo Congrats on making it on the leaderboard!!! Woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 I love cold dinners in the summer, too.

@TwistedSassette Yeah, I try to give it when I am up for it. This time, they really needed red blood cells so I gave those, it took longer but I had the time since I am off right now. ;) That's too bad the donation center is so far away. Yeah, right now where I live, blood is really needed. For the treats, can you pre-track one treat a day so you can look forward to it? I hope your trip goes well. I heard there is a surge of the Delta variant in Australia. Stay safe!

@askewcr That's fantastic about your a1c, congratulations! Splurges are part of life. Just make the next bite a healthy one. :)

@laurelfit57 That sounds like a lot of fun, and worth it! It does not sound like you went off the rails, just had an indulgence. ;) Yay for getting right back on track. Have a good day!

@Lulu_jo In my experience, you always feel worse before you feel better with physical therapy. I hope it helps you! I'm sorry you feel crappy.

Hi all. I had a healthy lunch and dinner but I had 3 bags of single-serving chips throughout the day so that wasn't so good. I didn't eat breakfast, totally forgot to eat it since I was doing crafts. Wish I had more days where I forgot to eat lol.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 132.0 lb
    CW: 130.5 lb
    So it was water weight from all the insane stress of June…I’m so relieved 😅.
    This past month I’ve been all over the place in terms of food and exercise, swinging from first meal of the day at 5-6PM when I crawled in the door, to every 10 minutes of the day and from 3,000 steps days to 30,000 steps.
    Ironically I seem to have pushed the reset button on the holiday weekend, which we started with a birthday dinner Friday for my daughter at a steak buffet 😂😂 , then I cooked and got the house ready for a 20 people party and so on for 2 more days.
    I think my body craved the physical exhaustion after all the mental one , and maybe just maybe I’m out of the stands and back into the race with you, guys.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 6/23:225.8
    Check in weight (6/30/2021): 224.9
    Check in weight (7/7/2021): 226.6
    Check in weight (7/14/2021):
    Check in weight (7/21/2021)
    Check in weight (7/28/2021):
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I don't think you come across crude, you've said before you're an introvert so I suspect it's not easy for you to share. Since we've also been feed friends for awhile I feel like I know you better than just in group, I love when you share more though so people can get to know what a great man you are! I'm drinking my coffee!

@TeresaW1020 That's the same with me, once I do something I'm scared to I'm usually glad I did. I hope your trip to Florida goes well!

@Jactop I'm glad you still post when you run out of time, I know there's times when you can't comment on everything but we always want to know how you're doing.

@TwistedSassette Congratulations on the whoosh! Seeing yourself exercise can be hit or miss, it's great for body mechanics though. The first physical therapy place I went to would film you walking and exercising to show you what you're doing wrong with your body, it was embarrassing but helpful. I caught my reflection when I tried belly dancing in the TV and looked like I was 90 years old, I didn't feel as confident seeing myself trying to wiggle my hips with a fused lower back!

@askewcr Way to go, sounds like you're on track and doing awesome!

@RYCare Plateaus are so frustrating, if you're doing everything you should keep at it and it should help! I had a month-long one and when I finally started losing I lost 5lbs at once.

@renaegry I use YouTube videos, there's not a big selection of arms only cardio but I'm starting to do chair ones again and there's more of those.

@Jactop @TheGlwUp @Lulu_Jo You did amazing, way to go!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I hope your trip goes well!

@askewcr That's an amazing A1C, way to go!

@laurelfit57 What a great day with your granddaughter! Sounds like a great day with family.

@LuLu_jo How far into PT are you? The first couple weeks are always horrible, it gets better if you stick with it. I hate having to jump through hoops to get help medically.

@askewcr I didn't say cake but now I want a piece!

@trooworld That's so funny, I've never understood these people who forget to eat until Midnight, how does that happen?

@GabiV125 And she's back on track, way to go!

Hi everyone! Well I got dressed and put my yoga mat in the car yesterday and went to the woman's house, I hit every light and couldn't go to the door late and interrupt the beginning of class so at least I know where it is, I told her I'd come next week. I came home and did chair workouts that are full body which hurts but once my body calms down from adrenaline I was back to normal. I went to the grocery store then my boyfriend took off so I was laying around blasting music and my SIL texted that she locked her keys in the car at the lake and my nephew had his saxophone lesson so I went and picked the kids up, took them to their house for his music lesson, took a key back to my SIL at the lake, then followed her home for a glass of wine. My older nephew is on his fourth lesson, it honestly sounds like a seal wailing but I didn't tease him, he's hesitant to do things so I didn't want to discourage him. I'm meeting a friend for lunch at a Mexican restaurant that doesn't have calorie counts, I don't think there's any way around it being my only meal today so I'm going to enjoy it and maybe just have some fruit around it.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just scrolled through the whole of July & realized that I didn't post last Friday. I swear I thought I had! @broncobuddee I'll just do double tomorrow!!
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 about a month... Still have another month to go. Still hurting today, but going to try and push thru my workout if I can. If not, I'll just try and get some walking in.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I love doing Sumo squats and often add in my weights and do flies or upright rows for a good combo move. I figure as long as we keep moving and doing something then we are ahead of the game. :grin: You already know that your nutrition is the most important part of weight loss, so you just need to decide to make good nutrition your first priority. Since you track your calories, do you pre-track before eating? That is my advice. Put in all your healthy food and if you have leftover calories then you can decide to have a sweet. Have fun on your shopping trip...and seeing your MIL. ;)

@askewcr That is awesome about your A1C!! And I would have eaten that key lime cake too! :)

@laurelfit57 What a good grandma you are!! I’m glad that your granddaughter had so much fun with you. Now just stay on track and you will be fine. :)

@Lulu_jo Ohhh I am so sorry that the PT is making you feel so bad! I have suffered from back pain off and on for years and pretty sure I have some kind of issue but haven’t been tested. So you have all my sympathy and good wishes that you do get the MRI and can get some help for your back. <3

@trooworld Keeping busy is a great way to keep from eating. But you might need something more healthy to grab than chips. :grin:

@GabiV125 Yayyy for the water weight disappearing!! B)

@Katmary71 OK, so the yoga thing was a practice run and now you know to leave a little earlier next week. :grin: You are a very good SIL and aunt. You can always just do your best estimation for the Mexican food if you really want to count. I would just call it a free day! ;)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I didn’t have a staff meeting but did go over and clean both buildings, so I don’t have to go back tomorrow. I went bra shopping and tried on about 10 bras and hated them all but settled for one. My issue is that I’m smaller around for how big my cup size needs to be. Plus, gravity isn’t being very nice to me and is aiding in the bra fitting nightmare!! I’m going to have to go for a true fitting one of these days and pay whatever I need to pay to get the girls hoisted up and presentable. :#

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Took today off from testing. I’m going to be tweaking my eating somewhat and will talk about that later.
    No Sugar I had a Dum Dum sucker and three little Tootsie Rolls.
    Workout (includes church cleaning): church cleaning today.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW : 223.9
    CW : 228.3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 182.1
    LTD: 82.3
    Month: +1.3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! Great job.

@Katmary71 I've never understood it, either lol. I'm surprised I forgot to eat breakfast, I never forget to eat :D . Sorry you didn't make it to yoga, I hope you try again. Enjoy your time with your friend!

@TeresaW1020 Yes! And yes, more healthy than chips lol. I hate bra shopping. I finally found bras I like from Thirdlove and I've just been buying bras from there. I can reliably get the same size and they always fit and are comfortable. Good luck with your search! Congrats on the loss woo hoo!

Hello all. Today is the day my BFF arrives. I'm so excited. I haven't seen her for a couple of years.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 265
    CW: 266
    LTD: 34
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette we've had a mask mandate here for over a year now so I've learned a few things that make them easier to tolerate.

I like the medical ones with the wire. If you pinch the wire tightly over your nose your glasses don't fog up when you have a good fit

If I'm not near others a tuck the bottom of the mask under making it easier to breath (especially helpful at work). If someone comes close it's easier to flip it back to where it should be.

On days that I'm really struggling to breath i wear the mask upsidedown with the wire in the bottom so i can make a vent in the bottom

Hopefully one day soon masks won't be necessary. Stay safe and enjoy your trip.

@trooworld what kind of craft were you doing?

@TeresaW1020 I feel your bra fitting pain. I have the same issues. Its worth going to a bra store and being fitted so you know what size you are. Whenever I travel to the US I go to the bra store in one of the outlet malls and stock up. Surprisingly I usually find some good deals. The minimizing ones usually look best.

@Katmary71 yay for attempting to go to the yoga class. Even if you didnt get to do it this time a step is still a step

@TeresaW1020 and @TwistedSassette I'm not a burpee girl either but I looked up modifications. Some were silliness because they were as difficult as the real thing but I saw one video that didn't involve jumping. They stepped back one foot at a time, then back to a squat and then stood up. If I ever decide I need burpees in my life (I won't) that would be the way I would start.

@Cornanda your ab workout avoidance goal made me laugh. I mentally plan to do them but it rarely happens.

I'm on day 4 of 75 Hard. Some days I'm doing the bare minimum just to get the tasks accomplished but it's better than nothing. I started doing some IF again as well so hopefully I'll see a drop on the scale for my next weigh in. I had a good whoosh last week and it usually takes a bit before I can get things moving again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
This discussion has been closed.