Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I prefer a large mug with a good weight to it and a handle that fits my hand perfectly. Do you drink your coffee black? I drink my two cups in the morning black and then my afternoon and evening decaf with half-n-half. No sweeteners but maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon in the decaf. :grin:

@TheGlwUp Congrats on doing your first 10K race! That is a huge accomplishment! B) I agree that we often don’t eat enough calories when we increase our workouts. I know on days where I work out extra hard, I’m much hungrier. And living your best life is the best goal of all!! <3

@mlhopp93 Then get mad!! I need to do the exact same thing and push through to my next goal and stop playing around with it. We can do it!! B)

Hi Team! Not much going on here today. I did a killer leg workout this morning, which kind of hurt my left knee but I’m sure it will be fine by tomorrow. Maybe I should have done that many squats holding my 20 lb. dumbbells after all. :p I got my car all cleaned out and the addresses put into my GPS so I’m ready for Monday morning. I am teaching children’s church tomorrow, so I need to finish my lesson. Of course, it just so happens that my lesson is on the parable of the Ten Virgins. You can believe that I am calling those girls bridesmaids because that is NOT a discussion, I plan to have with a bunch of 6 to 11-year-olds. :D

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge I’m taking a break until the new challenge that starts on July 17th.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 4 Week of the Prep, leg day!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Congratulations!

@19shmoo69 I drink out of big honking cups, I've been drinking too much coffee lately, it would be fine if it was black but I had two cups at a neighborhood meeting then a huge travel mug when I woke up all with creamer. What's funny is they're metal cups and if I'm using micro current and have the gloves on if I drink out of the cup it makes my lip all tingly because it conducts, maybe it'll condition me to not drink coffee if I use them more often.

@TheGlwUp Very good point, once your body is healthier things will fall into place. That's what I keep telling myself too!

@TeresaW1020 Oh come on, you don't want to explain what a virgin is?! That reminds me of my SIL getting excited when I said I was going to self-pollinate the cucumbers and she wanted me to explain to my nephews how it's done, I must've been bright red!

Hey gang, not feeling too hot, I stopped Cymbalta and my pain is a little nuts between that and female issues (which shouldn't happen). I've been trying to up my leg usage but I think tomorrow I'm just doing the food bank and arm cardio. Food has been pretty good, I went to a neighborhood annual meeting and ate an awesome muffin but it was worth the calories, it just meant I couldn't eat much else.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 267
    C. W. 260
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    1y2e2mbk3fmx.jpg
    r2wadxwoto3a.png
    du5ousv8un27.png
    mx87rc30g2ni.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    39saz3ve5tc5.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    5s73v941ri3h.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    cmi1l60xke1p.png
    @amymartin555
    @happimess01

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    0496brn38fbs.png

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @gwamajtw91
    @KHill875
    @chublet25
    @laceyf53
    @CurvyCalorie
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @krea4
    @Aqualang26
    @rachelrjh

gxteifxgn7f2.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    psjxd12rpkco.png

EVERYONE EXTEND A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO

@gwamajtw91

SHE REACHED HER GOAL WEIGHT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 HaHa I remember you telling us about the self-pollinating of the cucumbers. :D I hope your pain settles down once your body gets used to being off the meds. An awesome muffin is always worth a little calorie splurge. ;)

@19shmoo69 Wow! What an incredible loss you had this week. Keep it up! B)

Hi Team! Today has been good. Children’s church was fun this morning except the charades game I put together was way too easy, so I told them next time they will have to work much harder. :grin: I’m as packed as I can be for my trip tomorrow to Florida. I plan to get out of here by 6:30 am for the 7-hour drive. My sister wants me to take her to her doctor’s appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I need to make good time. You all be good and I’ll check back in on Wednesday.

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge I’m taking a break until the new challenge that starts on July 17th.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 4 Week of the Prep, strength and agility. I can’t sit down without crying!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @askewcr Great news about your A1C!

@laurelfit57 That sounds like a lovely, fun day with your granddaughter!

@Lulu_jo I'm sorry the physical therapy hurts so much! Seems counter-intuitive to be doing physical therapy before imaging to diagnose the injury. I hope it's not doing more damage.

@trooworld Good idea about pretracking a treat, that actually might help - thanks! Yes, we are having an outbreak at the moment of the Delta variant. It's mostly in Sydney and the surrounding area, which is concerning as that's our largest city so the potential for it to spread is so great. That is in my state, but thankfully several hundred kilometres away and since they are in lockdown, it hasn't spread out to my area (yet) - one of the best things about living rurally is the geographical protection we get! Of course there are always people who don't follow the rules so it's lucky to not have spread out here yet.

@GabiV125 That's great, I'm glad it was just water weight. Sounds like you've had a super busy time lately, hopefully things settle down for you now.

@Katmary71 Wow, sounds like a busy day. Sorry you missed the yoga, maybe next time!
    OMG I'm sorry but I laughed at the image of you getting tingly lips when you drink your coffee while using the micro current!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the advice. Funnily enough, I sat down last night and pre-tracked all my food for the week ahead (except for dinners since hubby usually organises that on the day). Let's see how that goes!
    I know what you mean about bra shopping, it sucks. I am very asymmetrical, so it's physically impossible to get a good fit!
    Also: Nice loss!!
    How do you cook your salmon?

@Jactop Thanks :smile: I like the cotton masks with a filter, we've been told the medical ones aren't effective after about 15 mins of wearing them as they're paper so the moisture from your breath binds them up or something. I'm getting much more used to wearing a mask all day, it doesn't bother me too much now.
    Thanks also for the advice on kicking the sugar habit. I will try it!
    Great job on 75 Hard, you got this! :flowerforyou:

@gwamajtw91 YAY!!!! Congrats on hitting your goal!! :heart:

@Cornanda Yay, nice loss!
    I totally understand about not wanting to work out after work. I'm lucky that I finish work at 4pm so I have plenty of time for family, housework, cooking dinner and still enough time to workout. When I finish later, I do struggle a lot more to find the motivation.
    Thanks for the snacking suggestions - you're totally right, I need to avoid the "share" packs!

@bgame4 Congrats on your loss this week!

@19shmoo69 Large for me, of course. The largest! Need room for the extra shots of espresso! I actually make my latte on my machine at home and bring it in a travel cup to work, where I drink it like 4 hours later. By that point it's no longer a latte, more like a flat white, but it still tastes better than the instant coffee I can get at work.
    Also: AMAZING loss this week!

@TheGlwUp Wow, congrats on completing your first 10K! That's amazing!!
    Your dietician sounds really great, very motivating.

@mlhopp93 You can release those pesky 3.8 lbs! What an inspiration you are!

@Firefly743 Great loss!

@RYcare Those darn hormones...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL over the weekend while we were away. Spent Sunday catching up on housework and prepping for the week ahead and didn't get a chance to check in here. Cam back to 44 new posts this morning - you all are so chatty!

Our little getaway was good. We got all the shopping done that we needed, all three of us got a haircut, and we went out for dinner with my cousin & her family which was so lovely. On Saturday we went out to MIL's farm, where the toddler had an absolute blast - riding on the quad bike and buggy, sitting in the tractor & pretending to drive it, and playing with some of his second cousins that he'd only met once or twice before. Here are some pics of his adventures!
    7ugsi5yjfglh.jpg
    nd22x2ir9e8c.jpg
    39cg1cjunq4u.jpg
    hvu4bj6motzo.jpg

We spent some (a LOT) of time on Sunday baking bolognese pies - hubby wanted to do a big batch for our lunches over the next few weeks. I think the batch was a bit too big as we now have like 21 pies in the freezer! On the bright side, we won't need to bake any more for a while.

I was meant to do a HIIT circuit on Friday for the Body Boss program, but since we were in a motel I didn't think it was advisable. I think I will try to make that workout up this week, as I also didn't get a chance to do it yesterday.

I also spent a little time last night pre-tracking my breakfast, lunch & snacks for the work week. I have put in a little more variety since I had the time to see how I could make things fit in. I think this will help me to stay on track a bit as well, since it's not the same stuff every day.
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pnggjdxliarvc1z.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the goal zone, @gwamajtw91 !

There are a lot of good posts in our maintenance thread at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest

Dig in, read some of the back stuff and post how you are planning to maintain at least for now, even if you decide to revise your goal later. I strongly suggest you stay with your team here, moving to the goal zone section, and still weighing in every week to be sure you stay within a 5 pound range. You can define your zone however you like - and revise it later if you want to! Your team helped you get here, so stick with it, and add in the GZ thread if you have anything you'd like to discuss with others who are maintaining.

Welcome - and long my you stay in the goal zone :heart:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Congratulations on hitting goal, are you doing anything to celebrate?

@TeresaW1020 Enjoy your trip to Florida, how fun!

@TwistedSassette Sounds like you had a great time!

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 👍😃 congrats on getting to your goal. Unfortunately England weren't so lucky 😥
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 69.25kg 152.7lbs
    CW: 69.00kg 152.1lbs

I thought it was going to be a gain as I've been having pudding most nights this week. The moving more must be helping.
    This week only pudding is on Thursday.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Back from the lake. Another scorcher weekend. Scale is up due to weekend and TOM. Injured my big toe. Dropped the camper couch bed on it. Extremely bruised. Will do a workout today. Don’t think i can get my foot into a runner for a walk or jog. Temps this week are forecasted for 33C so another killer week. Back to the lake on Thursday to start the vicious cycle again. July is usually bad for me. Will get more back on track in august and definitely September. Just don’t want to let my weight get to out of hand over the summer
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Wow, what a great drop! Congrats.

@gwamajtw91 @krea4 @Firefly743 Congrats on getting on the leaderboard!

@TwistedSassette I'm glad it hasn't spread out to your area yet. I hope it doesn't! I'm glad you had a good getaway. Cute pictures of the toddler!

@krea4 Congrats on another loss, yay!

Hello all. My company has left now and it is time to get back to business. I'm glad they are gone, as much as I enjoyed having them. :)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

@TeresaW1020 - well you are off on your trip today. I try to leave my house clean when I am going away also. :)

@19shmoo69 - I like a mug. I like to warm my hands on it even though I live in FL. What is a cafe cup? My sister in law recently told me she likes a cup with a thin lip. I tried one and felt it was too hot for sipping! Whoa! What a loss you had this week! High five!

@TheGlwUp - did the dietician give you a food plan? I like the thoughts about it being a health journey. When the scale gets stuck I focus on the health gains I've made which are just as important as the weight loss.

@askewcr - weekend family time is awesome. Now go get it this week!

@mlhopp93 - yes, you tell those 3.8 pounds to get the heck off you asap!

@trooworld - Glad you enjoyed the company, but back to business is good too.

@Katmary71 - hope your pain starts behaving quick!

@TwistedSassette - Your son is adorable, you already know that. The scenery there is beautiful! Looks like an excellent weekend with lots of new toys to try out!

@krea4- only pudding on Thurs sounds like a good compromise.

@renaegry - sounds like you are having a great time except for the toe part. Hope it feels better soon.

Not much new here. Put up a reasonable weekend. Did a walk and a step workout today. Hoping to get a swim in tonight, but it keeps raining at dinner time.

Lisa

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 193.4

2021 Mantra: WITH PURPOSE
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,631 Member
    Options
    @krea4 Nice loss, despite the pudding! Sometimes our bodies appreciate the extra calories to jump start the weight loss again, seems counter intuitive but it often happens!

@renaegry Wow, I didn't realise you go to the lake every weekend through summer! Sounds like your summers are jam-packed with fun! I hope you can find a way to still enjoy the fun but in a more healthy way, that's what this whole lifestyle change concept is about - enjoying our lives! Sorry about your toe, I hope it heals quickly. Do you have access to a pool so you can swim instead of walking or jogging? No shoes required!

@trooworld I am the same with guests, I enjoy their company but it's always nice to have the house back to ourselves!

@Cornanda My dad likes a cup with a thin lip too. He has Bells Palsy so if he drinks from a thick cup, it's more difficult to sip for him.
    Thank you lol I do know my son is adorable! Most of the cars he is playing with there were his dad's when he was a kid. It's nice to see them still functioning and being enjoyed by the next generation!
    Congrats on your loss this week - great work. Now stop procrastinating and do those ab exercises!
    I finally had a day where I felt in control and I didn't overeat! I think planning it all out beforehand really helped. I didn't get the Body Boss workout done but I did get a short walk in. Hubby decided for some reason to cook our dinner after the toddler went to bed, which meant that I didn't have time to let my dinner settle before doing an intense workout like that. Normally we all eat together and then there's plenty of time.

Not much else to report. Today I will do a Body Boss workout!!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png9e46vjyfo9nc.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good morning All!
    I'm pulling my boot straps back up. I've been off my game these past 2 days but I'm back. In my head I kind of feel like a broken record but I'm getting past it. I think the weekends sometimes are my issues but I see that now. Veggies and exercise are my friends and I know this. I really haven't passed my calorie goals but I could do better. I'm on it. :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda a cafe style cup are those small white cups from the 50's. Sometimes they have a blue stripe.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda My stomach is glad I'm back to business lol. I hope you get to swim.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss!

@TwistedSassette Yes! That's great you had an in-control day.

@askewcr Weekends are the hardest for me, too. I believe in you!

Hi all. I ate well yesterday. I was starving at about 3 p.m. yesterday while at work but I did not go to the vending machines. I just said, "You are going to eat soon enough. A little hunger isn't the end of the world." I had a healthy dinner that some of you low-carbers may like, it's a sheet pan meal: Low-Carb Roasted Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers. It's one of our favorites. https://kalynskitchen.com/roasted-peppers-onions-with-italian-sausage/

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
This discussion has been closed.