Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @renaegry If you need chair workouts let me know, I can send you my playlists! I hope you recover fast, I know it's frustrating!

@Cornanda I hope you had a great swim!

@TwistedSassette I'm glad planning the day out helped you. Oh no, I hate when I eat too much right before a workout, it's so uncomfortable.

@askewcr I think the more we work on ourselves the more we learn, yeah it would be nice to lose it fast and have it over with but we really are a work in progress, I'm glad you're figuring out what you need to do so you're more successful.

@19shmoo69 Since you're the coffee guru what coffee brand do you prefer? I really like San Francisco Bay for the price, it's based near me (went to their coffee festival a couple years ago) and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Right now I'm drinking Folgers which isn't bad for pre-ground. I tried Walmart brand when my boyfriend first moved in to save money but it's disgusting!

@trooworld That recipe looks real good, I love sheet pan meals!

I'm debating on going to the food bank farm or not as I'm in a lot of pain, I may just go for a little and do what I can seated. I'm completely off Cymbalta, the nurse I see thinks I'm going through withdrawals but it's not like when I've cold turkeyed stuff, I just feel more emotional because my pain levels are higher.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - Oooh! Those are cute. I need me a big handle though.

@TwistedSassette - the ab workout is rescheduled to Thurs! Glad to hear the pretracking helped.

@askewcr- yup, you grab those bootstraps and up you go.

@trooworld - Yay for you avoiding the vending machine!

Not much new here. The weather held last night and I did get a swim in. I made it part exercise and part relaxation. Very enjoyable.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,626 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @askewcr I know you have the strength & perseverance to get yourself back on track. The weekends are sometimes issues for me too, we just have to keep our focus!

@trooworld Yay! Good for you on staying away from the vending machines! Your dinner sounds delicious.

@Katmary71 Sorry that your pain levels are so much higher and it's causing you distress. Maybe the distraction of the food bank farm will help. I hope you get some relief soon.

@Cornanda Glad you enjoyed your swim!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was another good day. I did indulge in half a chocolate eclair that a coworker brought in, but I didn't have my planned indulgence for the day later on so it panned out ok. I caught up the Body Boss workouts, turns out the one I was meant to do on Friday was quite short so I just did them both last night. It was a good, sweaty workout!

Tonight is the final game in a state-representative series of rugby league, so I'll be watching that. My state has already won the other two games so it's a dead rubber, but it will be nice if we can take a clean sweep! Originally we had planned for my sister to come over and watch, which would have meant beer & junk food, but she has made other plans now so it should just be a normal night, if a little late (the game doesn't kick off until 8pm so it will finish after 10pm). I might decide to just do some walking in place instead of my scheduled Body Boss workout tonight (I'd do it tomorrow), but I'll just have to see how the night pans out I think.

Oh, and I had another little whoosh on the scale over the last couple of days! Hoping that sticks around. According to my goal ladder, I've now lost two whole daschunds!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pnguxws442aaxeb.png
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.5 lb
    CW: 130.2 lb
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It's one of our favorite recipes, we have it a lot lol. I love them, too! Is there anything you can take to buffer the pain while you are getting through the withdrawal?

@Cornanda I'm glad you were able to get a swim in!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! It was! Congrats on another good day. Congrats on losing two daschunds!!!

@GabiV125 Keep up that downward trend!!!

Hello all. I have to go into work today as I had so much work waiting for me when I got back after 2 weeks of vacation. Things are going okay, I'm eating much better than when I was on vacation just simply for the fact that we are cooking all of our meals rather than eating out.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 walmart coffee is gross. If I Shoppe at a grocery store I lean toward community coffee. I have had it as a Christmas gift from several people. We have a close out/ damaged goods store here and I am able to try different coffees. Stone street from New York has been a recent favorite. Unfortunately there are not alot if coffee houses here. We have Starbucks. They're not too bad but there is better. I went to Nashville once and found the Frothy Monkey. I highly recommend them. The small town I live in used to have a coffee house. I usually get a black coffee or an Americana. Once they talked me into trying a con panna. Turns out they made it wrong but I did not know. I do not want it done the right way. The correct way is a shot of espresso and whipped milk, almost no liquid to drink. The way I was introduced was 2 shots of espresso and 2 shots of steamed milk/cream. So very tasty.

After rereading this I may have a coffee problem but I'm ok with that.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ek3a9pts3myd.jpg
    @19shmoo69 I have several favorite mugs (all large) including this one my girlfriend made for me. Mine is filled with tea though. I've tried to like coffee but I always thought it tasted like dirt
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @trooworld i hear you about company. Love to have them but nice when they leave. Same as with going anywhere. Love going away but always nice to come back home

@Cornanda toe is getting better. Just slightly bruised below the nail but still extremely sensitive. Been sticking to strengthening workouts and just do in bare feet. Might try the runners on for a walk this evening but depends on the temperature another heat wave is here.

@TwistedSassette we basically stay at the lake Thursday to Monday every week

@Katmary71 toe feeling alright. Could have definitely been worse if it would have landed right in the nail

Another heat wave is here so won’t be any cardio plus the toe. Plan on doing a fit on workout later on then will be busy doing book work today. Hubby only works the morning tomorrow (drives truck) so going to go for a ride with him then off to the lake. Have friends camping with us this weekend so going to be another fun one.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 how awesome to be at goal. Congratulations!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I keep meaning to ask you if you have a stamping blog or post your cards somewhere. Nice loss. Way to keep the scale moving in the right direction.

@TwistedSassette cute pics. I miss the days when all it took to entertain my son was a steering wheel. Hubby works for Caterpillar and we built our last 3 houses so there was often equipment around for him to play on.

@Cornanda I'm so jealous. I haven't been swimming since the summer before covid. 😥

@trooworld impressive job getting back on track. I need to remind myself that I won't starve if I hold off eating for a few hours.

@askewcr I know what you mean about sounding like a broken record but that's a good thing. You started, got off track and reset in a short amount of time. Better to recommit and sound like a broken record then to get off track and stay there.

Well, now I'm sounding like a broken record lol. Starting back at day 1 with 75 Hard. Maybe I should start calling it Semi Soft. When I'm only a few days in it's too easy to restart but I usually get in most of the tasks.

At the end of August I'm going to a memorial where I'll be seeing lots of people I haven't seen in a couple of years so that should help give me the incentive to up my game starting with not eating chocolate at work today. Fingers crossed.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, I have made something very similar to that Italian sausage and pepper recipe. I buy the Butterball Italian turkey sausage links, which have great flavor but a lot less fat. ;)

@Katmary71 I hope that your pain and emotions ease up as your body gets used to not having the Cymbalta. <3

@TwistedSassette Yayyy on losing two daschunds!! :grin: I usually cook my salmon in the oven and often switch up the seasonings. My favorite is a simple lemon garlic butter sauce. Soooo tasty! :)

Hello Team! I’m back from Florida and doing well except for my right foot hurting from 14 hours of driving that I did in two days and my weight being obnoxiously high! My niece had made an incredible cake, which I happily overindulged in. Then there was the White Claws we drank and all the eating out while on the road. :# I’m back on track today and feeling the sugar withdrawals but fighting through the cravings. My mom is very glad to be back in her little room and not having to share a bathroom with a houseful of people. :grin:
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your congratulatory comments everyone! I'm not sure if I should keep doing the weekly weigh-in for the rest of July and then take myself out.
    @broncobuddee @beka3650 suggestions?
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your congratulatory comments everyone! I'm not sure if I should keep doing the weekly weigh-in for the rest of July and then take myself out.

@gwamajtw91

Congrats!

The spreadsheet has a section reserved just for you - "Goal Zone" where weekly weigh-ins are still requested. Or there is "Team Support" (no weekly weigh-ins). Let us know if you have a preference...
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »

@gwamajtw91

Congrats!

The spreadsheet has a section reserved just for you - "Goal Zone" where weekly weigh-ins are still requested. Or there is "Team Support" (no weekly weigh-ins). Let us know if you have a preference...

@broncobuddee - I see it! OK - GZ day Friday with 155-160 range. Thanks!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Way to go!

@trooworld Thanks!

@jactop I love that cup! I agree with @19shmoo69 some coffee is just gross. But I like tea too, most days I have a nice cup of either green rose tea or lemongrass & ginger - warming and tasty!
    Oh how cool, the Cat equipment is my boy's favourite lol. We have a Cat dealer in town and they have a big merchandise shop, he often asks "Go to Cat shop?" because he wants more trucks and loaders lol.

@renaegry Sounds like another fun-filled weekend ahead! Do you swim when you're at the lake? I was thinking that might be a great calorie-burner without hurting your toe!

@TeresaW1020 That salmon does sound good! Travelling is always hard on the body, I find no matter how much water I drink and how good I make my food choices, I always gain some water weight when I travel! I'm glad you enjoyed the time with family.
    Another good, on track day yesterday! Watched the game of footy (state of origin, rugby league) and walked in place during the second half so that was good. We did lose the game, but we'd already won the series so it doesn't really matter.

Today I had another little whoosh so I've now lost 20% of the weight I need to lose to be in a healthy range. I hope this sticks around for "official" weigh in tomorrow! I will be doing a Body Boss workout tonight which I think is a baseline test that is repeated in the last week. Should be a good workout.
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png8r5qpkjrl7b9.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 161.2.
    CW. 160.6

Goal Weight Challenge: Keep my eye on the prize!

Track & Eat Within Macro Ranges
    No snacking after 8
    No unplanned sugar
    No junk snacks
    Exercise 5 x weekly

Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 161.2.
    CW. 160.6

Well I lost .5 lb so that was good but even more important, those pants that were hanging on the back of my door are now in my closet and I wore them to a restaurant tonight!! I now have the next size down hanging on the back of my door)))!!! It really has been a great week, but so hot! I have found that I can ride my bike again so I have been able to walk my dog for 30 min then hop on my bike for an hour. I have to get out early due to the heat, I haven't done anything early in the last year LOL!
    I haven't been checking in regularly as I had planned, honestly, between being busy catching up with life and the heat, I am done by about 6 p.m.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Jactop I love your mug!!! Thanks. I've had lots of practice lol! Are you tracking your food? What healthy decisions did you make today/yesterday?

@renaegry Exactly! Yes, it's nice to come home. I hope you have fun at the lake, it sounds like it will be!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I usually get chicken Italian sausages. I'm glad your trip went well and you made it back safely.

@TwistedSassette Nice job staying on track! 20% of the weight is incredible, congrats!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! And what a great NSV, congrats on that, too!

Hello all. I did well at work yesterday, I stayed out of the vending machines and cafe. I didn't track but I went back and tracked this morning and pre-tracked my day for today. I realize that I have a problem with exercise, it's not something I enjoy. I also realize it's important for my journey, so I am checking into a boxing gym. I have enjoyed boxing fitness classes in the past so there is a good chance I would do well signing up for another one. I'm going to do a practice boxing class over YouTube first and if that goes well, I will see if I can do a trial class and if that goes well, I will sign up.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    PW 6/23:225.8
    Check in weight (6/30/2021): 224.9
    Check in weight (7/7/2021): 226.6
    Check in weight (7/14/2021):225.4
    Check in weight (7/21/2021)
    Check in weight (7/28/2021):
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll all be very relieved to know that TODAY I DID THE AB WORKOUT! And I was able to do more of it than I thought I could- some of it looked scary hard. Now, it was only a 7 min workout, but we gotta start somewhere!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    ek3a9pts3myd.jpg
    @19shmoo69 I have several favorite mugs (all large) including this one my girlfriend made for me. Mine is filled with tea though. I've tried to like coffee but I always thought it tasted like dirt

Nice cup!

I drink tea every once and a while. I recently bought some yerbamate tea. I need to get to drinking it. Lol
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette You are doing so well with your weight loss and exercise. Keep it up!! B)

@laurelfit57 That is awesome that you were able to wear the pants out and that you have another pair waiting for you to get into. What a great motivator to keep you going strong! :grin:

@trooworld Yayyy for staying out of the vending machines! I hope you end up loving boxing and if not that you will find something that you love in the way of fitness. :)

@Cornanda Yayyy on doing an ab workout!! I used to skip them because they were so hard and now I do what I can and often end up being able to do more than I thought. We just gotta keep at it. ;)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I went and cleaned the church and when I finished, I went up to what will be my new Sunday school room. I’m moving to the K-2nd grade and the room is large with a huge floor to ceiling. There is a wall of low shelves that I don’t think have been cleaned out in years. I threw away four large bags of stuff like old crayons, paints, broken games, and tons of other stuff. I cleaned out all the little bins and next week, I’m going to start getting supplies now that the school stuff is out in the stores. I’m looking forward to this change and think I’m going to have a lot of fun. :) My eating has been great today and I’m even attempting to track my food. I listened to a podcast from a woman I really like and she said that if you want to lose weight it’s important to know where the calories and macros are at. So, I’ll see how long it will work for me. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.