Lose 25 Pounds in 25 Weeks

Options
ItsTime2BMe
ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
I wanted to carry on this 'challenge' just for accountability - you can pick your own dates, so if you haven't started yet, or if you started a month ago you can still participate.

The current dates on the SP team are Lose 25 Pounds in 25 Weeks, (6/12/21 - 11/28/21)

Replies

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Thanks !!! I like that 25 lbs in 25 weeks...

I would like to start mine ~~~ July 17th 2021- Jan. 1st 2022 ~~~

& use now until Mid July to loose a couple of lbs...

so the 25 X 25 challenge will bring me to my Goal
  • ItsTime2BMe
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I think I'll make it easy for myself and 'start' on July 1 - I really want to lose 40 pounds by Christmas but 25 would be my minimum goal :smiley:
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a pound a week I'll set my start date as yesterday 28th June that means 19th December will be my finish line. Eek I'm nervous but excited.
    Good Luck everyone!
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I re-started on June 6th and have lost a good bit of water weight so 25 pounds would put me right about where I want to be. :) It also allows for weeks when I know I won't lose anything no matter how hard I try so it hopefully will all even out to one pound a week.

06/06: 181.5
    06/29: 169.4
    Goal: 156.5
  • 1beachwalker
    1beachwalker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm with you in this!
    Start date Sunday 6/27.
    7/1-- 1# loss

• ItsTime2BMe
    Options
    Well, I technically started yesterday, July 1, and today I'm down 3/4 of a pound, so, WooHoo!
    (I usually log my 'official' weight on Fridays)

My ticker is all messed up right now, I tried to go back and enter some old weigh-ins from SP, gotta get it sorted out properly again - I did not lose 40 pounds overnight (I wish!)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I am going to start on Mon, 5/7/2021😁
    Wish me luck
  • TXRebelle
    Options
    This last ten is going to be incredibly slow since it will all be new numbers that I haven't seen since high school. :) I've been really good since the start of this challenge with no exceptions so far and that is all I can do.

06/06: 181.5
    06/29: 169.4
    07/09: 166.1
    Goal: 156.5
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @TXRebelle, you are doing amazing 👍Keep up the good work. May I know how tall are you?
  • TXRebelle
    Options
    Thanks @jadepearl! I'm about 5'6".
  • ItsTime2BMe
    Options
    On Friday 9th I was down a couple of pounds to 221.4 -- but we had 'chinese food' take out and birthday cake for hubby's birthday -- today I'm up 7 pounds!

7!!

I'm not counting it, lol. It will come off soon (I hope!)
    Fasting today!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    05/07 - 61.5kg (135.3lbs)
    12/07 - 60.7kg (133.5lbs)

@TXRebelle - You are much taller than me.😊 I m only 5'2. What's your GW?

@ItsTime2BMe - It might just be the salt that's holding the water weight. It will come off soon. Furthermore, its your DH's birthday😊
  • TXRebelle
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @ItsTime2BMe Congrats on the couple of pounds! I'm sure the other is just water and will be gone in a day or two of being on track.

@jadepearl - Great job!
    "healthy weight" for 5'6" top level is 154 so that is my first goal. (I've been obese since high school)
    . I'm also super top heavy, but I'd really like to be around 145. I weighed that in the 9th grade (and was 2 inches shorter)...but that will give me some leeway from old age height shrinkage. LOL
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I need some advice please. Are any of you following a 16:8 plan? Also do you count calories and how do you work out your range? Do you use the range MFP gives you? Also does anyone drink alcohol? Sorry about all the questions but any advice would be appreciated.
    Also if I've posted this in wrong place let me know I'm still trying to get used to the social side of the site.
  • TXRebelle
    Options
    I do 18:6. I also count calories. I have a range that should net me a loss based on my normal daily burn. I don't drink alcohol when I am being strict.
  • ItsTime2BMe
    Options
    💙💜
    I tried a 16/8 plan but it didn't work for me, just because of our family situation. I had a hard time adjusting to hubby's schedule - it changed every day or two and it just got too complicated trying to adjust my 'times' so we could eat one meal together.

Since I've been reading Jason Fung's books, I don't use MFP's calorie limit (they recommend about the same that Spark recommended, 1200 to 1400, depending how 'quickly' I say I want to lose the weight). Fung says eat 'normally' on eating days, but eat low carb. I've been eating 'lower' carb but haven't made the switch to a truly low-carb plan. I have one high carb (pasta or pizza) day each week (I call it carb cycling but really it's just that we can only eat so much chicken and fish, it gets tedious - maybe someday we'll get off the pasta but we're not ready to try to figure that our yet - I was losing steadily even eating pasta and bread up until 3 weeks ago.)

For me, I think restricting calories too much is what has caused me to 'diet' and then 'regain' for *many* years. I keep my calorie limit under 1800 most days but if I go as high as 2000 or 2100 once a week I don't worry about it, as long as I'm burning calories from exercise. 1800 is roughly my basal metabolic rate - and I eat nothing (fasting) for 24 or 36 hours two or three days a week. I'm trying to make this a lifestyle, something I can live with, and not just a 'diet'.

But I'm still trying to find my 'best' fasting schedule, because something's not working right now! And I'm still having difficulty getting enough calories from good fats and proteins (it's too easy to fill up on carbs unless I'm being really mindful!). I don't drink any alcohol.
    💙💜
  • ItsTime2BMe
    edited July 2021
    Options
    TXRebelle, you're crushing this - way to go! 💛

And, Congratulations on your loss this week, jadepearl! 💚
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @TXRebelle - You are doing amazing and you will reach your 1st GW in no time😁 I am opposite of you as I am a pear-shaped. My GW is 50kg (110lbs) and I hope I can achieve that before 2022🤞
  • jadepearl
    Options
    I am trying to do IF and I also count my calories. As for alcohol, I don't drink at all.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @ItsTime2BMe - Thank you❤️