GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2021

Options

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Awesome spin class yesterday morning, 443 cal burn for a 45 min session. Love it when the trainer has great music. Will either be walking or kayaking this afternoon with a friend.
    Food and weight are good, need to drink more water though.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in and I'm nearly 100% on P90X, but slacking on X3 this past week, did really well the first week, need to get back into making it a priority and not letting other life things like gardening and errands and chores and such get in the way...it's half an hour, I can carve that out and suck it up...scale is up, but that's likely water, so not super fretting that...need to dig out my measurements and maybe do those in the morning and get some real metrics for a mid-month checkpoint.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    7/13-7/14
    I’ve been eating more at night than I need so I will be focusing on cutting back on portions and/ or snacks. Not eating much at lunch is likely contributing to this. I have been working out like crazy so I hope it is my body saying it needs a bit more and not me justifying the extra!
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Got all my exercise done - gjkpon5hus67.gif
    91pnezns8vev.gif
    vmlm1v6krta5.gif

• taylok23
    Options
    7/15
    Good day of movement and watching what I eat. Carbs were up as I ate more fruits and vegetables than normal, and no snacking!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Went for a paddle with a friend yesterday. Did not go as intended. Was supposed to be a nice easy paddle around the lake in her 2 person kayak. It was buried in their shed so it was a small workout to retrieve it. The she gave up on it and said we'd just use the two smaller kayaks. OK fine. 20 min to find paddles and life jackets. Time to get in the kayak, their land is flooded and the ground was not stable. I fall in the water and am soaked. Worked hard paddling to keep straight (sit in kayak vs. my own sit on top). It was a great workout but I was miserable. Or should I say I had a miserable time but at least it was a great workout?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    7/13-7/16 no workouts due to headaches/migraines and being light-headed and nauseous .... not eating much due to headaches .... lost 3.3 lbs this week .... I am hoping I can return to walking this coming week ... my roommate will be home so hopefully he will be able to help me put up my new gym ....my plan is to use my gym 3 days a week and walk 3 days a week with Saturday's being our lonnnnnnng walk ....Yesterday it was Christmas in July for Megan .... I went to my absolutely favorite store ( bedbathandbeyond ) and bought a kuering that makes lattes, cappuchino's etc ...I bought an instant pot it was on sale for 79.00 ...a bunch of kpod coffees ....3 kpod coffee drawers ...and a deep tissue massager (when I lift my right hand up at times it feels like a pinched nerve in the middle of my back )
  • taylok23
    Options
    7/19
    Stayed within calorie and move goals but protein was low today. Will need to keep this up to stave off cravings. Had a flex weekend with drinks with friends and some carby choices. Sunday I went from sunning on the patio to lounging on the couch as a rest day. I think my body needed it. I’ve been more stiff the last week or so after exercising so a break needs to be built in. Now to balance less eating with less activity!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Having an off week. Not sleeping well and lethargic/hungry/snacking as a result. I did go for a bike ride Sat then elliptical Sunday but have not a thing since. Wait, did some gardening yesterday, ok that counts. More of that today since it's cooler and dry in the Northeast. Committed to a bike ride tomorrow morning with a friend. I think I need a fast today to shake things up somewhat.
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    All going well getting my exercise done. Started walking with a few ladies early in AM, so that is the very first thing done, well after a coffee. Do my ST after that then my yoga it is now such a routine it helps that I know other people are waiting for me so I must show up & once I do the walking I seem to have more energy for everything else so I am very happy with this routine.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Sorry I have been quiet ... I have been dealing with headaches/migraines for the past 2 weeks ... no workouts ...lots of sleeping ... I am hoping on Monday I can start using my new home gym.... I went out and bought riboflavin B2 that is suppose to help with headaches/migraines ....I also think I found the culprit FOLGERS COFFEE so I changed coffees ...I have a headache this morning but I think I slept wrong ...
  • taylok23
    Options
    It must be going around- I’m not feeling logging at all after wanting to kill it earlier in the month. I’m to a point where I’m sick of tracking! I have been eating more poorly than I normally do so I want to get back on track. I exercise religiously because I enjoy how it makes me feel. I really want to shed about 10 pounds but am stuck in a rut and likely need to give myself a break. Work will be stressful this week so I know it will be a challenge to watch what I eat, exercise and get enough rest. Guess that is my focus to finish off the month. Good luck everyone. This is a marathon, not a sprint!
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    Stress is a big problem, your exercise should help with that but you will also have to learn how to rid yourself of extra stress, there are some god articles on it. When we don't eat properly it is not so much fun tracking but it does keep us honest so I encourage you to do it for your own good. 2482eq8kvpcc.gif
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    It's summer and dead as a doornail in here. :joy:
    I'll get next month's challenge up tomorrow probably.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Did my 18 mile ride Sat, elliptical at the gym for an hour yesterday and strength training today. Feeling better about my progress after trying on some clothes that fit again. Have to remind myself its not all about the scale. Sleep is still inconsistent, the humidity sucks but the sound of the A/C keeps me awake at times. Camping trip coming up this weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    YAY I was able to use my new home gym this morning ...granted I am a complete newbie when it comes to weight lifting so I only burned 54 calories for 35 minutes ...and I deep cleaned my house today ( it needed it bad since I was down for 2 weeks with migraines/headaches ) we cleaned house for 136 minutes and burn 393 ...tomorrow we are back to walking ...I know I miss it and I am sure my Aspen the husky does too :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, sorry I’ve been slacking about posting. Just feeling kinda meh, and so nervous about our trip back to the States to see Dad—-first time flying in 18 months. I’m not a good flyer under the best of circumstances and the prospect of 16+ hours in a mask makes me quite nervous. Day drinking it is, then.

I’ll have to be very careful there because while I have a lot of work to do for Dad (yard work, painting, junk hauling) he only has an analogue scale and I can’t read the numbers, lol, and i will want to eat ALL THE FOOD I can’t get in Germany (hello steak and cheese sub! It’s been so long….). So that needle will be hard to thread.

I will join next month‘s challenge because i will desperately need the accountability but I think it’s safe to say I will move from keto to a more moderate carb diet…at least for the first 3 weeks of August.

Sorry for the wall of text, lol.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    YAY I was able to use my new home gym this morning ...granted I am a complete newbie when it comes to weight lifting so I only burned 54 calories for 35 minutes ...and I deep cleaned my house today ( it needed it bad since I was down for 2 weeks with migraines/headaches ) we cleaned house for 136 minutes and burn 393 ...tomorrow we are back to walking ...I know I miss it and I am sure my Aspen the husky does too :)

Yay for the gym! Don’t worry about the calorie burn, trackers are terrible at calculating cals burned for strength training and it doesn’t burn as much as cardio any how unless you are doing a true circuit. I hope you stay headache-free!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Did my 18 mile ride Sat, elliptical at the gym for an hour yesterday and strength training today. Feeling better about my progress after trying on some clothes that fit again. Have to remind myself its not all about the scale. Sleep is still inconsistent, the humidity sucks but the sound of the A/C keeps me awake at times. Camping trip coming up this weekend.

The clothes‘ loosening thing is so rewarding! Congratulations! Have fun camping— we love camping, especially back country.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    It must be going around- I’m not feeling logging at all after wanting to kill it earlier in the month. I’m to a point where I’m sick of tracking! I have been eating more poorly than I normally do so I want to get back on track. I exercise religiously because I enjoy how it makes me feel. I really want to shed about 10 pounds but am stuck in a rut and likely need to give myself a break. Work will be stressful this week so I know it will be a challenge to watch what I eat, exercise and get enough rest. Guess that is my focus to finish off the month. Good luck everyone. This is a marathon, not a sprint!

I know how you feel, same thing happened to me. You’re absolutely right about the marathon part. For me it’s turning into more of an Ultra.. with a Spartan in the middle 😀