August 4

Options
124»

Replies

• calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    August 4

Exercise: 110 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    8/5/2021

@bradkcrew, I was 9 when my mom put me on WW, so I have an idea of what you've been through. Looking back, it was a probably a ploy to get my dad to go, but who knows, maybe she really thought I needed it. She passed before I came up with the ploy theory, so I couldn't ask. Regardless, that was the start of my roller coaster dieting over the past 53 years. Sigh. This time, though, I have to make it work and I have to make it stick. Best of luck to you!

I my case is was the pediatrician. He said I would thank him when I was a teenager. He had the right idea and I did lose like 13 pounds but unfortunately I gained it back plus more. But, so began my introduction to counting calories and I can quote the calorie count of mostly any food, so tracking/calorie awareness is not really my issue. When I was in my 20s a friend was talking about a special diet that her husband had to go on due to some medical issue. She remarked that she met with a dietician because she knew nothing about calories (she was tiny), and I vividly remember thinking, "what must that be like to have never given a thought to weight?"

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thank you @SummerSkier!

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,831 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    August 4th

I hope everyone had a good day!!

Exercise: Yup, I took a 35 minute run while my car was being inspected rather than sitting in the waiting area, so yah me for multitasking! As usual the run was miserable from start to finish, but I did it. Pretty sure my resolve and body are going to revolt on this whole running thing soon. Then this evening my son suggested I go for a walk, so even though I hadn't planned to I went 2 miles/32 minutes.

Logging: Yup. I normally will just scoop 2 Tablespoons of shredded mozzarella and call it .5 ounce, but to make sure I weighed it today. Turned out to be pretty accurate, but I am embracing the scale.

Under: Yup, another day down.

@bradkcrew someone already mentioned but your post was quite inspirational. I actually did EXACTLY the same thing on Tuesday. I had a flat from a RAZOR blade on Monday so I ended up taking my car in to the shop on Tuesday. Normally I might have hung out around the outside of the shop and precovid I for SURE would have just sat in the showroom waiting the hour. But like you I decided why not take that time and do something. I went for a walk around the shopping center and area. I even found a COOL new Jewish grocery I did not know existed that I can buy Halvah (sugarfree or not) and Memorial Candles from. It was tucked away in a new corner. Also a Dyson repair store?!! wow. I don't recall any of these places so quite interesting to walk vs just hang out in the store. I also went thru a church campus and saw a tennis court in the distance with a deer walking around it. All in all for having to get a new tire it wasnt a total loss.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    AUGUST 4

Exercised: Yes - Hiking - Day 3 of our BC trip!
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3
    July 8/3