August “I Will” and Re-post of “Summer of Sleep”

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I thought I conquered binging years ago also. But we’re here! And just showing up is the first step in the battle.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @77tes 🤔think of the white spaces on your tracker as a big smile because the rest of it looks so pretty😁

@SummerSkier 🎶 🎼 🎵 are you enjoying your morning music?

I hope everyone has a great week! I’ve started using weights again 🏋️‍♀️ and love it as much as I always did in the past 😊
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @nebslp Yes! I'm also still quitting the sitting (thanks to @themedalist) as much as possible!! Those boot-camps were truly life changing for me 🤸‍♀️😁!! Thank you for your post 💗!
    Those are creative ways to do your best to avoid those tempting tasty temptations 🤐. Yay for starting back with your weights!!

@MadisonMolly2017 This has truly been a difficult year and a half for for you, especially about the recent study concerning lack of immune response and the booster shots, and your number also. Hugs to you 💗. But on the other hand I do believe that is an awesome NSV that you didn’t use food to deal with all this stuff and that you kept on walking. Well done 👏.

@BodyTalking you were nearly hibernating there for a while 🐻😴😂.

@cormierannie decluttering is a good choice for your August habit. You might want to check out the 2021 DECLUTTERFEST thread in our Building Healthy Habits group, and post there if you wish to do so. The more the merrier 🌼.

@77tes I'm also grateful that we still had the digital part of our libraries available to us this past year. And also the ability to stream/ download many things from other sources as well. I am glad that you are still working online again this semester.

@SummerSkier the official permission is reassuring. Good thing no one wanted you or anyone to have to work in person until it finally came through.

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Thank you @texasgardnr for your always kind & supportive comments 💕

How are things going for you?
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Lol, I hope I can hibernate on a regular basis 🐻🌿🐢 @texasgardnr 😆
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    It's funny how sleep is so critical to us and we don't realize just how much. I had an ex who rarely slept and his brain was mush most of the time. I look back and think it was from sleep deprivation. Also the lines and bags under our eyes are a lot less with real solid sleep for days in a row. Congrats on the streak @MadisonMolly2017 No small accomplishment.

I am doing fairly well for August. The comb the cats thing has been really enjoyable and altho not a cemented habit it has led to me spending more little times (like a min or 2) with them vs just letting them sleep all day. LOL. I started putting the youngest one's toys in various spots she likes to go / sleep to in the house, and it's so funny to see her surprise and then she will grab the toy and start yowling and bring it to me. The one thing which shocker her tho was a tiny little dragon figurine I put in the window. She definitely did not trust that one.

Covid is still crazy here and the #s are under reported because typically once the kids get it the rest of the family does but unless they go to the hospital they are not usually tested. So for instance my farrier had 2 of his kids tested positive. The other 4 AND him and his wife got sick but never tested since they did not go to the hospital. School has been in session for a little over a week now and there is a LOT of community spread there. I guess the good news is that some of the school nurses have testing capability so they can get it done RIGHT then and there and send the kids home. I am still WFH due to expire the end of the month. Pretty sure it's only going to stay bad here.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    It's funny how sleep is so critical to us and we don't realize just how much. I had an ex who rarely slept and his brain was mush most of the time. I look back and think it was from sleep deprivation. Also the lines and bags under our eyes are a lot less with real solid sleep for days in a row. Congrats on the streak @MadisonMolly2017 No small accomplishment.

I am doing fairly well for August. The comb the cats thing has been really enjoyable and altho not a cemented habit it has led to me spending more little times (like a min or 2) with them vs just letting them sleep all day. LOL. I started putting the youngest one's toys in various spots she likes to go / sleep to in the house, and it's so funny to see her surprise and then she will grab the toy and start yowling and bring it to me. The one thing which shocker her tho was a tiny little dragon figurine I put in the window. She definitely did not trust that one.

Covid is still crazy here and the #s are under reported because typically once the kids get it the rest of the family does but unless they go to the hospital they are not usually tested. So for instance my farrier had 2 of his kids tested positive. The other 4 AND him and his wife got sick but never tested since they did not go to the hospital. School has been in session for a little over a week now and there is a LOT of community spread there. I guess the good news is that some of the school nurses have testing capability so they can get it done RIGHT then and there and send the kids home. I am still WFH due to expire the end of the month. Pretty sure it's only going to stay bad here.

Thank you @SummerSkier
    Your tip (and nebslp’s) helped with the warm blanket 5 mins!! Much appreciated! I do notice a lot of improvements & expect more over the next months, years!!

I hope you will remain WFH. If the spread is bad AND under-reported, I will be hoping they support your continued great health.

Thanks again,
    Maddie
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    This is my sleep record since last weekend. I used to get so anxious about not getting enough sleep that it caused me to sleep less and badly. When I got my Fitbit four years ago, it confirmed that I wasn't sleeping much. Prior to this I had begun to wonder if I just felt I wasn't sleeping. I decided to change how I reacted to my lack of sleep and rarely get worked up about it. I remind myself that, even on the most tiring, stressful days, I still manage to get through it and will rest later. I accept this is me. I hope for change, I try different things but, for now, I live with it.

These times are not when I go to bed, but when I eventually fall asleep. Some of the waking times are natural, some are by alarm.

1mpfz8m9bnk7.jpg
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @themedalist I'm so sorry for all you're going through just now and very much appreciate your taking the time to pop in. Take care of yourself, well be ok, sending hugs 🤗💕
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Denise, many hugs. I think it was the most difficult time in my life caring for my parents and all the other "stuff" that goes along with it. I was lucky to have siblings (mainly my older brother who lives here) to help as I don't think it is something you can manage by yourself.

Awwww. @77tes thank you. I think between @nebslp , you, @texasgardnr and Maddie there is a solid core of folks to learn from. It comes and goes but I know I can count on the 4 of you to be here in the long term.

@BodyTalking I hope you will join us for September also!

bONakaSummer
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @themedalist Denise, I am sorry you are dealing with even more grief with the life changes that are happening in your family. I am glad you have taken care of yourself in the past and will continue to do so in spite of the difficulties you are experiencing. You are missed here, but your absence is understood and your comments are appreciated any time you are able to check in and share. I do hope you are not alone. I don't remember if you have siblings or close relatives who are able to help with the decisions and when all the "I'll check into that" times arise, but I really hope so. Know that even though we (BHH group) can't be there physically, we can be there with our thoughts and prayers for you and your family, so you're never really alone.

I'm sorry I haven't been reporting much this month. I found that it's weird, but my habit plan of meditating on the porch every day has developed into a spontaneous several times a day shorter or longer habit wherever I happen to be. It might be because I've been reading books on meditation and manifesting and doing this for 3 months now, and the concepts are starting to make more sense. So I don't have a record of how many days or minutes I've meditated, but it's a sure thing that it's been some form every day and according to my FitBit, I've averaged 3 formal sessions a week. I know that I like how meditation feels and will continue this... forever!?

@SummerSkier Yes, having this core group for years is awesome <3 And getting new members always spices things up with new ideas. Love it!

The month is coming to a close. How did you all like the habit you tried, and is it one you'll want to continue next month? (@SummerSkier I won't ask for the kitties' opinions cuz they are definitely biased)!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    @nebslp it sounds like your meditating habit is really taking root - quantifying it isn't really what mindfulness is all about.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I agree with @77tes I think when you are now randomly meditating you have gotten this habit engrained! For some reason tho I picture you going about your day and all of a sudden there is a freeze frame for 10 minutes. B)

My critturs adore the grooming habit. I don't think I will keep it on a tracker for Sept but I am having so much fun with it that even tho I may no longer COUNT all the strokes they will all definitely continue to get not only the grooming but also additional play time. Yesterday the youngest and I played hide and seek with her pipe cleaner all evening. She would bring it to me (yowling) and I would hide it in a spot she frequents. I usually find a cluster of toys in the bedroom in the morning so I think she gets after it all night bringing me presents. Glad they are not alive tho... Having a stuffed shrimp show up in the sheets in the morning can be a bit jarring.

Hard to believe it's the end of the month already... wow.