August “I Will” and Re-post of “Summer of Sleep”

Options
123457»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and words of support. They are very much appreciated!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier , I don’t need to put brushing my pup on the tracker either. She won’t settle down until she has her special attention. 🤣 She loves being spoiled.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I spent a bit of time catching up on your posts from the last couple of weeks. You are doing great and I’m really happy for and proud of you!

I wanted to explain a bit about my absence. When I took over managing this group several years ago, my parents and my in-laws were all doing well. And I had a job that was very manageable. Now five years later, my father-in-law is deceased, my dad had a stroke, my mother-in-law had a stroke two weeks ago, and my mother is in poor health. And I have a new, but much more challenging job. The last chapter of our lives can be painful and brutal, especially if you haven’t prioritized your health along the way. Many of you have already gone through what I’m going through now. The needs, the requests, and the “I should really look into that” items never end.

I’d like to say this is just temporary, but it isn’t. I expect my life will be this way for some time. And that’s OK, it is what it is. I will do my best to check in on the weekends. And I will still be posting some of the monthly challenges. Maddie and I will have a “Seinfeld September“ challenge for you in a few days. I’m thrilled that habit building has taken root in MFP with our group and to see such a lovely mix of new and familiar faces.

And my warmest thanks and appreciation to Maddie for leading this group with me and keeping us all moving forward. You have a warmth, kindness, and genuine desire to help others that comes through in your posts. Thank you for everything you do for our group. 💕.

—Denise

Thank you @themedalist; that means a lot to me. As you know, I’m here to make your life easier & I think of you often, sending wishes of strength & healing to you & your folks.

💕💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thank you @77tes !! I do think we have a great core team here! Don’t forget many others such as @TerriRichardson112 !!

I’m glad to be on this journey with you all!

🌸Maddie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    7fvx9fcq1ipw.png
    I am still here LOL. Life has been rather busy so although I have been keeping up with it all of my habits I haven't really had time to come on and comment here. We had a lot of family commitments over the extended August Bank Holiday Weekend.

August Focus: Get to grips with all the clutter that has accumulated in my cupboards and drawers over the years. It has been out of sight out of mind for long enough.

For August:
    After I have finished my breakfast .....
    ..... I will Declutter 5 items.
    I have been continuing to Declutter, usually way over 5 items. 😂 31/31
    Most days I went way over the 5 items, which just goes to show how much clutter I have accumulated. I will definitely be continuing this one through September and probably October as well.

I am working on my September "I will .... " and will post in it a day or two.

August Habit Tracker: Not so much art on this one as some of my creations were in the Craft area and not yet complete. 😂

gefa2bnhgy6i.jpg

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group and have enjoyed reading your comments. I need to change my habits around food and exercise. My husband is disabled and I can't leave him....and with COVID...well that doesn't make it any easier. I love the habit trackers and will work on creating one myself!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I am new to the group and have enjoyed reading your comments. I need to change my habits around food and exercise. My husband is disabled and I can't leave him....and with COVID...well that doesn't make it any easier. I love the habit trackers and will work on creating one myself!

Hi @Rosemarie2972!

Welcome to the group! I can’t wait to see your tracker! I recommend doing on habit for a week or until it seems like you’ve “got it” & then add another.

Baby steps really do work!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have not started making a habit tracker yet but I am following a 14 day diet. So far have not lost any weight but have cut down on carbs. I have changed breakfast to either an egg on bread or light peanut butter on bread. This holds me!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I have not started making a habit tracker yet but I am following a 14 day diet. So far have not lost any weight but have cut down on carbs. I have changed breakfast to either an egg on bread or light peanut butter on bread. This holds me!

Thanks for the update @Rosemarie2972!
    Those reduced carbs & change to your breakfast will pay off!
    I haven’t made a habit tracker this month either! I’m focusing on creating a daily calorie decrease…and my food tracking does that for me!!

Great job in finding a 14 day plan!

Best,
    Maddie🌸
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I :D agree with @77tes I think when you are now randomly meditating you have gotten this habit engrained! For some reason tho I picture you going about your day and all of a sudden there is a freeze frame for 10 minutes. B)

@SummerSkier Just reading back posts and had to laugh at this one. Yes, I do have a sudden freeze frame multiple times during the day. It's called stopping to try to remember what I was doing, how to do what I was doing, where I was actually going before I got sidetracked, and wondering how long it will take to remember that person's name that I knew 5 minutes ago :D

Glad to see so many on track this month. My daily intention has settled into a steady "I make healthy food choices." Not all that specific, but definitely keeps me on track throughout the day, and I'm at 100% for the intention, maybe 80% for the execution. Much better than before. Ice cream has found a new home in the basement so out of sight, out of mind. After multiple requests to keep ice cream out of the line of vision next to the ice, my husband agreed to put it downstairs instead of resorting to his frequent advice of "just don't eat it." It only took a few decades :D Chips continue to remain tucked away in a top cupboard instead of on the frig or in the bread drawer. I actually don't even know if they're up there for sure since I don't think about them anymore. Amazing how changing the environment just a little can make such a difference. I'll have to keep thinking of ways to tweak things to make it easier to make healthy choices.