WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I’m away for a few days moving my daughter in to a new apartment at Florida State University. Last year was her first year but she was home a lot because classes were online. Classes will be in person this year so we won’t get to see her for a few months. They grow up too fast!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    Ummm...I might have just ruined tomorrow's weigh in. 🤦‍♀️ It was a really hard day. I have 6 students quarentined. They canceled Homecoming. They brought back masks for everyone indoors. I barely ate all day. Then, while I was cooking dinner, I got the call. The high school is going virtual. My story doesn't end there. My husband took over his company Aug 1st. There are 7 employees. 1 tested positive today. He lives with one guy and is the brother of the other. All three are out now and my husband doesn't have enough employees. I snacked the entire time I cooked. Then ate a large serving.🤦‍♀️ I can't even.

Oh Kelly - that all sounds so tough. Take a few deep breaths, don't worry about your snacking and large serving. After a day with no food and so much stress, no one would have done any better, I'm sure. Just take it as a day of intermittent fasting and feel virtuous. I hope the situation improves soon and send you and your husband many hugs in the meantime. Keep well :heart: If you want to delay your weigh-in, there is no problem.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 219.0
    CW: 213.9

Woo! I've almost made up for 2 worse weeks in a row this time. That feels pretty good.

Yesterday was one of the better days I've had in a while. Meals were planned and tasty. I finally got in the next Epic workout (Day 23), it was abs and glutes and WOW do I feel my stomach muscles today! I love that sore feeling because it makes you super aware of your obliques and whatnot. I did not snack after dinner. I had over 10k steps. I did not do great on getting to bed at 11pm though. I was too absorbed in review questions and didn't turn my light out until 1:06am... sheesh.

Today is off to a good start, however. I got up and did a 22 minute walk - first morning walk in 2 weeks, yay! I am making progress one my one major work task this week so I can devote my afternoon to studying. I am going to aim for Epic Day 24 around 11/11:30 in the morning, before I have lunch or take a walk. Tuesdays are my most reasonable chance for takeout (since I have 6 days thereafter before the next weigh in) so I will probably order Indian tonight and absolutely enjoy it.

Happy Tuesday!

I'll say that's a happy Tuesday indeed! WELL DONE :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Heads up for Wednesday weigh-ins!
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,148 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit sounds really rough, the fact you and your husband both had those setbacks on the same day is really challenging. Does going virtual start immediately?

@jugar happy 25th to your son!! :heart:

@gak71 still feels crazy that it's that time of year again... we're scheduled to return to office on September 7 and it's drumming up "back to school" vibes for me....
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    08/17 exercise:
    8758 steps + 13 mins yoga
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I hope you can adjust @KellyBgetsfit, that sounds like a tough combination to deal with all at once. If it helps, yesterday I weighed 1.3kg more than on Friday - and today I've lost 0.6kg of that gain. I find a temporary gain comes off as quickly as it goes on, so don't feel bad about it as there's time to pull it back for next week. :smile:

I didn't do a lot after work yesterday; a bit of admin, then I watched the last 3 episodes of a TV show I've been viewing and did some cross stitch. I did go to bed earlier than normal, and didn't have a snack after tea which is unusual for me. I would like to get into the habit of not having a late night, TV snack. It doesn't help that OH always has one - that's probably one thing that will be easier when he's working shifts.

Today I've not really got any plans outside of work. We'll probably go for a walk and I should do my foam roller exercises/stretches. It's nice to have some quiet evenings, particularly as we have a lot coming up on our weekends over the next couple of months.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've just caught up on about 5 pages of chat - all the ups and downs and stress and recommendations - hugs to all experiencing a struggle right now. I took a few vacation days off work - this morning I head back - after five days of busy busy, eating with abandon, wine, not logging and too much socializing - I'm ready for some quiet - HA! Weighed myself this morning to check the damage -ugh....tomorrow's weigh in is not looking promising but I'll try to make a dent today and stick to all my healthiest choices - tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden will help. I did manage to go for a walk in the woods, two days in a row, and that felt good. til tomorrow
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Morning! Congrats on the weight loss @KellyBgetsfit ..

@DD265 totally agree it's nice to relish in quieter times... I know you have a lot of changes coming up soon so that sounds like the right call

Started my day with an early wakeup call, breakfast and walk. Brad does almost all the cooking, so with him away, I'm a bit out of my routine. I'm more of a "anything goes" cook - prioritizing eating foods that will go bad even if they're weird combos. So, I'm embracing that side of me while it's just me that's eating!

The next time the scale registers a loss, I'll be at 75 pounds down... or 60% to goal. Years ago both my Mom and I had over 100 pounds to lose and we did this challenge/bet with my brother (who was slim at the time) that if we lost 100 pounds he had to take us on a cruise. Needless to say we didn't even get close, I imagine I lost nothing.... I was joking last night with my Mom that it's going to finally be time to cash in ;)

Been listening to the Half Size Me podcast on my walk and just doing a lot of reflecting about the process. Reminding myself that everything I do today I'll always be doing... the changes I've made are sustainable and long term and I can say for the first time that I'm happy doing this!

Have a great day
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Oh Kelly! That is a horrible day. I agree with being All Done with covid! It is getting so old. We start school in a couple of weeks and I am preparing for similar disappointments. I really hope the high school opens up soon. It has been a lot for kids. Sending hugs to your whole family. Great weigh in by the way! I have been interested in intermittent fasting lately because I basically follow the schedule anyways. I also enjoy breaking the rules LOL!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Oh Kelly! What a tough day. Don’t feel guilty. It would have gotten to all of us. Grace over guilt for sure. And congratulations on the loss in spite of the stress eating.

I agree I’m so fatigued by COVID. My life is not nearly as complicated as yours. I am lucky. Never would have guessed I would be glad I was no longer teaching. Looks like my granddaughter will not be starting preschool. Too risky until she can be vaccinated, hopefully this winter. I feel bad that she has had so little time with other children.

I need to get moving. Have a big headache. Not sure if it’s food related, hormones or something else.
  • jugar
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit
    Well, that was certainly a good weigh-in whether or not you felt you did well or not! I am with you on the strict rules thing - there are some rules that make it easier for a time, but sticking with them over a long period is hard. Finding something that works forever is the only hope to make it work!

@ashleycarole86
    I love that you are enjoying your chaos cooking style while Brad is away. I have never had someone else do most the cooking - and I can see both the good and the bad sides of that! These days I am kind of enjoying that I make my own food and my husband makes his, but it is a bit weird... Right now when I am preserving so much from the garden, that is kind of welcome. Today I made tomato sauce, 2 soups, pesto, and I froze more shredded zucchini for breads, muffins, and stir-frys. Next year I promise I will plant only one hill of those!

So where is the cruise going to be when you hit -100? :smiley:

Still some Wednesday people missing :grimace:
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @MoStacy
    @PlaneMonkey (maintenance weigh-in)

Ready for Thursday?
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @wolfy1234
    @bowens1973 (no problem for a late one this week!)

I'm off to the big city tomorrow for the morning, so I'll probably only check in late in the day. I have to give my son a ride for a medical appointment (he gets his drivers license back in September - thank goodness!). Keep well through this new surge, everyone.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »

My PT…tightness in the sartorius (I think) which is one of the muscles on the inner thigh, starting at the knee and going up the inside of the leg...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sartorius.pngi5137d6pe2be.png
    I like the sartorius muscle. It actually does a great job at hip and knee stability since it goes diagonally across. Seeing a drawing can help identify this long beastie. I can definitely appreciate you not wanting to be friends after they released it! Yowch!

I finally got my phone MFP to let me back in. For some reason, it won’t “remember” the log on info. I’m glad I didn’t trust it and wrote it down the last time!

Ta for now. I’ll weigh in on Saturday and then take the next week or 2 off. I can’t imagine it’ll be very cooperative after surgery…unless I’m not eating regularly!

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hey guys - tired tonight so just in reporting my exercise for today... 10,578 steps and 11 minutes yoga

I am feeling good about the movement in my days...kinda settled into a routine of sorts. Really just enjoying these last few weeks working from home before life changes a bit again.

Just in case I miss you on the weekend @EvMakesChanges ... hope surgery and recovery go well
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges I liked the sartorius better before he touched it lol. It's still sore to touch, but has stopped aching generally now. I hope your surgery goes to plan, and you have a speedy recovery!

I definitely took advantage of having no plans last night but luckily we'd been for a walk at lunch time. I did some admin on the PC then sat in front of the TV with my cross stitch then had another pre-11pm bedtime. Today I'll be more active as going for a run after work, and as we have visitors on Saturday (and more arriving mid next week) will probably make a start on getting the house ready. I'm losing track of August, but quite glad it seems to be going quickly as I'm desperate for our holiday in about a month.

I've had a banana for breakfast today and will probably have a yoghurt in a bit (circa 150 calories for both) then lunch will be a chicken and bacon sandwich, unless we go to the shop as it's one of the days they have their wraps delivered. For tea we're having Tandoori chicken curry from the freezer - it's been one of those weeks where we've been using things up.

Productivity has dropped a little recently; I think we both needed a break when we were at home due to having so many social engagements. I've crossed a large task off this morning though, which was going through all my passwords to make them unique and strong - I broke it down into chunks so it took about 10 days. Will now pick something else on the list to focus on!
This discussion has been closed.