WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options
minstrelofsarcasm
minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
1705f69305d08d542cd0c4f37ab51f14.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Ashley here... new(ish) co-captain of this lovely team alongside @jugar

I run the step challenge for our team and will check in with more information on that for anyone that wants to join for September. Those who are participating in August will roll over into September automatically with the same step pledge, so if anything needs to change for you, just let me know!

I am a few months away from my 35th birthday, and I live just outside Calgary, Alberta, Canada with my lovely husband and fellow teammate @bowens1973

Last September, Brad had a life changing hip replacement surgery, and that is certainly a catalyst for our ability to be active together. But, for me my weight loss journey goes way back.... in some ways I've been on this journey (unsuccessfully) my whole adult life.

This past January, at my highest weight ever, approaching the 300's and thinking I was just going to accept that I was destined to be overweight forever, I had a bad dream, woke up and logged onto here, and I've been on here ever since.

I've lost just over 75 pounds to date and I have about another 50 I'd like to lose. Having said that, the last time I remember being under 200 pounds was in university, so I'm starting to get to very exciting weight loss milestones already. I am truly thankful for every pound gone. I know when I started I thought it would be impossible to lose 100+ pounds (because I didn't believe in myself), but now I KNOW it will happen for me.

My shorter term goals right now are 1) get to my weight that puts me in the overweight category vs obese (very low 200's), 2) get into the 100's.

I am confident this time it's a true lifestyle change, with understanding that being on here and actively working on this is a very important part of my life right now to be successful with that. So, daily check-ins and accountability are very important for me, which makes being part of this group a big part of my day!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome to September!
    This is our home for the month, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86 . I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed it on while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for 9 years this month (!), always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link is under "Announcements" on the main F2F page or go directly to:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S87tdasD3vACBag3mYG1mnnRCw1Lbx5TQxVUwuDXKrk/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals for September, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live, if you're willing to share that, and what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Got my goals for September all set up. Here is what I'll be working on:

Complaint free day
    Alternate push-ups & squats
    2.5L water daily
    10K steps (or equivalent)
    Yoga min 3x/week
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Colleen, I am 35, married to an amazing man whose my best friend, mom of an amazing 3 year old little boy and fur mama to our 1 year old Pitsky. I’m from Colorado and I work from home with a desk job.

Before I had gotten pregnant my highest weight ever was 195lbs, oddly I took pride that I wasn’t over 200. Then I was enjoying my pregnancy and things didn’t go as planned. I developed pre eclampsia and I had to have an emergency c section and delivered our son 8 weeks early. At deliver I was 235 and I couldn’t see my ankle bones and well you know all that fun stuff.

Fast forward 2 years and I finally was losing some weight down 15 lbs and feeling good. But like always something happens and that something was COVID! I started working from home full time and the weight crept right back on and I’m 232.8 as of last week.

My long term goal is to get down to 150lbs hell if I remember how long ago that was. But I want to be there.

My goals for September:

• Take my dog for a walk atleast once a day at minimum 30mins
    • log my foods daily
    • exercise atleast 3x a week to start

Nice to meet you all!!!!

Great to have you with us Colleen! Getting weight and fitness to a good spot is hard with a small child and a desk job, but if you don't get it going anyhow, you won't be able to keep up with that kid and make him proud to have such a fit mama! Your goals are a great start - logging food, no matter if it is perfect or not, is extremely important. We never really want to log the "bad" days, but it is all information. A bad weigh-in one week? Use the information to improve the next one. A crazy meal just because? A great reason to make the next few meals as close to your preferred plan as possible. A dog is a great excuse to get outside to move around too - and they always love it every single time, no matter what. I hope the team here can help you have some hands to hold as you head for 150. We're great dance partners when it comes time to celebrate too!
  • jugar
    edited August 2021
    Options
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thanks @jugar.. this is a good one to pair with the habit tracker and get off on the right foot.

I biked just under 30 KM on roads by my trailer today. I love this fitness accomplishment! I am lucky that I've always enjoyed being active so as the weight comes off it's fun to feel the joy coming back in my exercise.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sorry @jugar for being late for my weigh in. It's been a crazy busy couple of days.

I'm ending August at 361.

Back to the grind.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristi and I am 39 years old. I have been married to my awesome husband for 14 years and we have 3 kids age 12, 10 and 6. I live near Spokane Washington in the USA. My husband and I work for the schools so we are getting ready to go back to school in the next few days. Busy time for us. I'm not sure how things will go with weight loss. I'm a little nervous especially since last month I ended up gaining.

I have struggled with my weight since my early 20s. It has been a combination of hormones, having babies and loving food too much. My top weight was 255lbs about 2 1/2 years ago. I have slowly been making my way down to the 220's right now. I have used noom and this group to help me make progress. I have blown my calorie budget a lot lately. So often that I'm going to tell myself I did one of those fancy diet tricks called a re-feed week 😉 Now that my re-feed week is behind me I'm ready to get back to my calorie budget.

This month I am working on:

Logging and sticking to my calories

Managing the stress of a new school year with things that aren't food. My kids are going back to school after a year at home. My husband starts a new job. My preschool completely restructured its program and my role as a therapist will be different as well. Lots of changes

Exercise 4 days a week
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @happimess01 That cat looks pretty happy with his babysitter!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Almost September?! I am ready for fall for sure, but the year is FLYING.

I'm Kay, 26, living in Boston - currently WFH for my job downtown, but we are supposedly going hybrid starting Oct 4. I gained a lot of weigh in college and have been unsteadily losing it since. I've been on Waistaways since Aug 2020, but did take a 2 month break this April & May (not my best idea... big backslide on the scale!). I love to cook, do yoga, and Covid was actually almost helpful for my weight loss journey since I love home workouts (vs going to a gym or class) and that kind of content exploded the last 1.5 years.

@KellyBgetsfit happy birthday to the little one!

@ashleycarole86 Saturday steps: 9,468 + 63 min Epic (total body, dumbbells) - (yes, I am sore.)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
This discussion has been closed.