WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you back @EvMakesChanges ... enjoy your reunion with your spouse tomorrow :) Sounds like you have a good plan of attack to re-adjust

Thanks @Kali225 ... January eh?? Wow... maybe my assumption we'll be back in October is way off. How do you feel about continuing to work from home?

Your day plans sound divine @conleywoods ... enjoy!

Simple night around here.. quick pasta dinner and then I went to visit my Mom while Brad ran some errands. By 9:30 I was still short steps so I went for a quick walk in the cool night air... not a bad way to unwind.

See you in the morning for weigh-in!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 152
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I do miss the routine of being in the office. I think overall there are positive benefits in my life to that structure. However, the benefits of staying home are there too, and when given a choice I default there. So, I'm kinda good with either. I do think living my healthy lifestyle is easier when I'm at home for a variety of reasons, so while I'm confident I'll be able to maintain that when I return to office, I will enjoy the things that are easier until I do.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Got a nice walk in on this beautiful, gorgeous, not hot day!!! Yay! Also played with a parachute in the yard with my Juliet, then we watched the clouds...until the mosquitos drove us (me) nuts.

Had a check in Drs. appt. this morning. I did stop and get bagels for my family. I was starving because I thought it was fasting for blood work and she was WAY behind. My appointment was at 8:45 and I got out of there at 11:30! So hunger won. I ate the bagel. I think my lunch is not agreeing with me. I was eating leftovers. Maybe I waited too long. Just 3 days. IDK

Doing some household stuff, but I may do something in my yard. I am about 600 steps from my 8K goal for the day. Now off to log my food.

@ashleycarole86 @bowens1973 Excellent losses! You two are amazing and inspiring.
    @KellyBgetsfit I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with your loss. Great going.
    @conleywoods Hope your day to yourself is going great!

Talk to you later!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    This team is having a fabulous day!

I have been offline all day - we shut off the power when the excavator is working in the pond because our main supply is underground near the bottom of the pond. We don't want to electrocute the big shovel operator if he hits it (even if we'd want to kill him if he did!), so we just keep it all off all day when they are here. I like it in some ways - can't do the dishes (dang!) or blanch vegetables (kind of nice, but not really?), or use the internet (also kind of nice). So I'm back and the news is beautiful in here.
    @conleywoods gets a day at home alone. Wow. And an oldest child hitting middle school - great milestone!
    @KellyBgetsfit lost unexpectedly! That means the habits have changed :smile:
    @eggfreak @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 - great losses. SO much beautiful green happening.
    @DD265 - Yep. Hoodie, shoes and socks. I used to be the hottest person on the planet, but losing weight changed that! It does get better once you adapt, but yeah. Fat is a good insulator...

I'm fighting some major cravings and losing today. My son (adult) actually called for help after being sick all last night and needing some mom attention. That put me in "eating to feel better" mode that was supposed to be for him, but expanded, as it will. I'm feeling better too - but not for the right reason! He will be fine, but was really shaky and cold after a bad night. I think he'll be fine, but I hope he will take one more day off work to get back to feeling strong and not just OK. He is kind of the opposite of most of us - it is really hard for him to keep to a minimum weight to function well in his strength-demanding work. Missing (or losing!) a meal is a big problem for him. He even has to cut his recreational exercise so that he does not lose more weight. In some ways it is as difficult a problem as gaining easily.

So I might try some sugar cutting tips. I'm not up for the full month of no sugar, but finding good ways to cut the cravings is what I need right now. Probably more healthy fats, more fibre, more pickles (!) - just have to convince myself to get to it! Who's with me for the next few days? Can we manage zero added sugar just for a short while?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    nkxc6xbt8yip.png

The big Friday group is due for a weigh-in!

@Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @JohnPetelle
    @kellie_erin
    @ellz_runs
    @Micki48

And one new person who has not yet checked in - weigh-in was due Wednesday -
    @coramae7417
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Today was a very nice day 😌 Started with the morning soak in the hot tub with coffee. Then ran a few less fun errands with my mother in law. We did get to see a couple of guys very unsuccessful try a scam some blank vaccination cards from the pharmacist. That was funny πŸ˜„ Then we went to the big shoe store and found some new fall kicks. Came home and got some house work done. Some of my new clothes came so I have a few new items in the closet and a few returns as well. I did a ballet workout for 30 minutes and stayed in calories...finally.

I think I will have a loss for tomorrow and that feels good. Today was just what I needed. I was feeling frustrated about doing so poorly last month but a lot of major events happened that month. I think I counted 7 stressful events and each one of those lasted for several days. I really wanted to throw in the towel and take the month off. I don't think that's a good idea but it sounded way more comfortable than trudging through. I'm just going to keep moving forward.

I think I will try morning workouts once work gets going again. I had to abandon that plan last year because my husband was staying up later since he wasn't working. We are night owls. Now that he's working we will most likely go to bed earlier. I will aim for 2/4 days during the work week and add the other 3 days on the weekend.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thanks @micki48 ... things are feeling good here in our house. Brad went out today and bought a few new shirts and pairs of pants. His shirts were a large... for a long time he was in mostly XXL or some XL, so this was a fun milestone for him.

There's been lots of fun clothes ordering in the group lately! I've never really done the order online to the house thing but I hate shopping so that might be a great solution.

Hope your son feels better @jugar
    I actually always think of you now when I see pickles. They are a great little snack!

I don't know why I've never thought to take my morning coffee into the hot tub @conleywoods but that just sounds like such a peaceful lovely way to start a day!

I am learning to sew with a friend (well, she is the teacher.. I am the lucky student, so I spent the night doing that. I knew it would be a sedentary night ahead of time, so I got the bulk of my steps in earlier in the day.
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar
    Friday weigh in (maybe Friday is not my day!)

202.5 πŸ˜”
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    I was a little surprised at the January date for return-to-office, but I do really like the flexibility of working from home. I can get my yoga or a workout in whenever I have down time, and saving on the commute (time and money) is nice. But I can't really remember if my eating patterns were better when I went to the office? Since the pantry wasn't 6 feet away all the time? Maybe. But I was also probably more tempted to order takeout for lunch than I am at home.

@happimess01 @conleywoods and @kellie_erin
    all awesome losses, congrats!

Alright, time for a quick confessional - the last 2 days have not been good eating for me, AT ALL. I was really on a streak of 11 or so days without what I would consider a "binge." Welp, that's gone. I felt terrible waking up this morning. Stayed in bed for a while, too, just working from my laptop.

But movement is medicine. I had a measured lunch and headed out for my usual walk, and the mood struck me to run - so I jogged the first mile. We are able to log off early for work today to get a jump on the Labor Day weekend in the US, so I am about to log and do a quick yoga session. I am also supposed to do day 34 of the Epic Program. I think I'll tell myself to do it at 4:30pm as if it were a scheduled class.

Calories have thus far been much improved today and I have dinner all prepped. I am a bit nervous about weigh-in come Tuesday since the damage was probably significant, scale-wise.
  • micki48
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I did manage to do 16 minutes of Pilates and 7 minutes of strength exercises. Cleaned my kitchen and made pumpkin bread. I need to go walk. It’s gorgeous but I’ve been waiting for the bread to come out.

@Kali225 You've got this. Whatever happens Tuesday, youve still got it.

@conleywoods Congratulations!! A loss is a loss.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Great job on the losses today Friday folks!

@Kali225 Thanks for sharing and I think your strategy to turn things around today is sound. Avoiding binging is a big feat and not derailing when you have one is an even bigger one. You got this!

We are just packing up and then we are off to the trailer for the weekend! Happy Labor Day weekend!
This discussion has been closed.