WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    In other important news, time to take a moment for another fantastic new profile pic for @happimess01 ... you are so inspiring!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    PW - 193.1 lbs
    CW - 191.3 lbs

Look at you! Seriously impressive - the progress you have made is amazing. If you lose 21 more pounds, you will have halved your weight from the start. That may be beyond your goal weight, but I know that sticking wherever you land will be a challenge too, but if anyone can do it, you can!
  • jugar
    Options
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 184.6

It would be awesome if every week was like that but I think it's because I actually tracked food this week and didn't eat any fast food, so it's probably mostly water! I'll see how next week goes 😅

Tracking and sticking to plan will work more weeks than it won't - that's for sure!
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Alright, time for a quick confessional - the last 2 days have not been good eating for me, AT ALL. I was really on a streak of 11 or so days without what I would consider a "binge." Welp, that's gone. I felt terrible waking up this morning. Stayed in bed for a while, too, just working from my laptop.

But movement is medicine. I had a measured lunch and headed out for my usual walk, and the mood struck me to run - so I jogged the first mile. We are able to log off early for work today to get a jump on the Labor Day weekend in the US, so I am about to log and do a quick yoga session. I am also supposed to do day 34 of the Epic Program. I think I'll tell myself to do it at 4:30pm as if it were a scheduled class.

Calories have thus far been much improved today and I have dinner all prepped. I am a bit nervous about weigh-in come Tuesday since the damage was probably significant, scale-wise.
    Thanks for the confession, @Kali225 ! I have been struggling this week as well. It seems that lunch is my current downfall - once I start, it does not want to end... some unwise foods have come into the house as well, and they tend to disappear as lunch refuses to end. So it is back to stricter shopping, pre-logging, having some kind of pickle before eating anything sweet and then waiting at least 10 minutes, brushing teeth after the logged food is done - all the tricks! Ending meals when they need to end has always been my challenge. Exercise sure helps, so keep on telling us about what you are doing over the next few days and I'll do the same. We'll try not to be walking the walk of shame!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Saturday peeps - you're up next!
    @evangsimmons170
    @donnasteel1
    @Leanrfittr11

And a few stragglers:
    @coramae7417
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @JohnPetelle

Thanks!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning everyone! I forgot to send my intro this month. My name is Stephanie. I am an American living in Luxembourg with my hubs and 2 preteen kids. Love to travel, dance, hike, run and walk with friends. I'm still working to lose 20 pounds by December.

CW: 164.5
    PW: 166.0

This month I am working to walk and sleep more to keep cortisol level lower and see how that affects my weight. I workout a lot and eat mostly within my calories but haven't seen a lot of progress. So, I am trying a little something different with little running this month and continuing with intermittent fasting. This first week I have committed to walking every morning and just see where that goes. So far my average steps for the week has increased - even without running!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Great loss @Steph1498 !!!

How are you enjoying walking in the morning?
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    steps & exercise update:

Sun 8/29: 16,121 + 35 min EMOM HIIT (Epic Day 30)
    Mon 8/30: 8,546 +48 min abs & glutes
    Tues 8/31: 9,554 +56 min obliques & shoulders
    Wed 9/1: 8,921 +49 min legs & biceps
    Thurs 9/2: 9,649
    Fri 9/3: 8,160
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call!

@coramae7417
    @Pearl4686
    @JohnPetelle
    @evangsimmons170
    @donnasteel1
    @Leanrfittr11

Let's close the book on September Week 1 - please get your weigh-ins done by 8 am Eastern Sunday - thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 Walking while I talk on the phone is such a great way to get two things done at once, but I never do. Good idea. How was your tapas dinner?

@YinxFed Bummer about the blisters. So exciting how close your trek is now... really looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

@jugar Do you think after a certain amount of time maintaining that fear of regain goes away? I imagine this is different for every person, just curious about your experience. Glad your weigh-in was a pleasant surprise, good to be able to shake off the past and keep moving forward (whether it had been or not).

Today was good. I ended up moving a ton more than I thought. Lazy days at the lake usually start off feeling like they'll be impossible for me to work 10K steps in, but I ended up doing over 15K! The key was getting a big walk in early, and then looking for other opportunities to walk. Also asked Brad to play 30 minutes of catch and Frisbee with me.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 steps for the week

ykn4b9c24qn3.jpeg

The great steps today were from working in my yard and a dance party we had with my grand.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Quick check in today! @YinxFed Wow your event is so close! Darn those blisters. I have some of those too right now and I've been in my sandals the last 4 days to give them a break. Tomorrow my husband and I are hiking with friends and I feel pretty good about how the blisters healed. Take care and I am really excited for you!

I take lots of selfies and think they are a great way to reflect on our weight loss journey. They bring a lot of perspective especially when I am being hard on myself.

Today I was in my calories but didn't do any major exercise. We spent the day at the lake but to chilly to swim. Did some fishing and took a boat ride. The kids have had good luck finding interesting creatures lately. The caught a large crayfish and a wooly bear caterpillar!
    meb8kryzxtno.jpg
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Lovelies,

And for today's weigh in:

PW - 184.7
    CW - 185.0

I'd been happy with my daily weigh-ins until this morning, which was the highest reading of the week! I was sorely tempted to round up an average of 6 days rather than 7. But honesty won!

So it's a small gain, but I can live with it.

For now, I am going to test drive these new anti blister socks for my final practice walk before Event Day.

3kywmxntsx84.jpg
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    CW 88.5
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    PW 156
    CW 156

Still holding steady. 😒 Now I’m going for my 10k run.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 17,351
    Mon 14,174
    30 min intervals
    Tues 13,057
    Wed 6,732
    Thurs 9,513
    Fri 5,942
    Sat 6,391

Not my best week. Can you tell what day we got quarentined? Addison tested negative, but Mikey lost his sense of taste/smell Thurs. I have been exhausted, and sort of feel like I have allergies. They said we may not get our results until Tuesday because it is Labor Day weekend. I have been eating all the carbs and not moving my body.
This discussion has been closed.