30 min lifting
    Tues 13,374
    10 min core
    Wed 12,445
    10 min legs
    Thurs 13,811
    Fri 19,197
    Sat 8,165

Working is killing me. I worked all weekend too. Hopefully, next weekend, I can relax.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Working is killing me. I worked all weekend too. Hopefully, next weekend, I can relax.

Amazing job on the steps and exercise this week after what sounds like a rough one work wise... hopefully the next week allows for more work/life balance for you.

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »

This past week's been a bit tough. I was nursing some really harsh glute muscle pain for the first half of the week, so my exercise routine was severely affected by that. No Zumba and no Epic. However, I did start to improve mid week and managed to go out for a 3 hour walk on Friday. That was very satisfying. But my food intake has been good and I've managed to up my average hours' sleep at night.

Glad things are looking up - sounds like you made some smart choices at the start of the week to let yourself heal up a bit.

Long walks do have a way of satisfying, totally agree. I also love the feeling of covering a long distance on foot... a great accomplishment for sure!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Today is the chilliest day we have had here in a LONG time... it was kind of refreshing! Plus, decent air quality today, so that was an added bonus.

We got up early at the lake, packed up, and drove back to meet two sets of friends and their children for coffee and a visit. By 11, we were done, and off to entertain ourselves. We had a pair of shorts to pick up that Brad bought second hand a community over from ours (Brad sized down... so fun!), so rather than drive we hopped on our bikes and from there we continued on. 22KM later or so and we were back home. Stopped for a walk midway as well.

Noticing in general now we choose to walk or ride versus drive if we can. It's fun to combine our daily exercise and our errands. We live in a very suburban place that has great pathways but we also have lots of urban sprawl so it's not like everything is super close either - but at the same time we can bike one corner of our city to the other... so as long as we have the time, anything is reachable by bike.

Time to go be lazy for the rest of the day... back to work tomorrow after holidays last week, trying to resist the impending feeling of dread :persevere:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CW: 162

Trying new stuff at the gym. I'm sore and retaining water, but it feels good. :)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Steps and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

1/8 - 8917
    2/8 - 6188
    3/8 - 12291
    4/8 - 4189
    5/8 - 8095 / 51 mins Aerobics
    6/8 - 21077
    7/8 - 9069
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    PW 156
    CW 155.5
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 162

Trying new stuff at the gym. I'm sore and retaining water, but it feels good. :)

Doesn't it ever? I'm back at kettlebell stuff, and dang - it feels amazing. Except maybe for going down stairs first thing in the morning :grimace:
    Noticing in general now we choose to walk or ride versus drive if we can. It's fun to combine our daily exercise and our errands. We live in a very suburban place that has great pathways but we also have lots of urban sprawl so it's not like everything is super close either - but at the same time we can bike one corner of our city to the other... so as long as we have the time, anything is reachable by bike.

This is seriously inspiring me to bring my bike home from my son's place and starting from here. He lives in the nearby village where there is a great bike trail. But leaving from here would mean the car stayed home, and there would be a bit more hilly stuff to go through. Hmmmm.....
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    08/08 exercise -
    6382 steps + 85 minutes bike riding
  • jugar
    Options
    Here I am for the nightly nagging :smiley:

Due today:
    @once_mas

Due Monday:
    @DD265
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks!
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Once_mas
    sunday
    Pw 63.1kg
    Cw 62.9kg

weekly report:

exercise: ✅ 8hr/week
    log-food: ❌ occasionally logged
    limit pizza/burger: ✅ 1 per week
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 77.6
    CW: 77.9

I'm not too surprised - between yesterday's salt intake, a faster run and my overeat on Saturday, I was already expecting a small gain this week. BUT it is a small gain, I saw lower numbers on the scale during the week so all good. I have noticed that there can be a discrepancy between what Garmin and MFP have listed for my daily weight, but I think it's a rounding issue, and I always go off MFP for weigh ins.

We've done the running analysis this morning and it was very useful. Three things jumped out; 1) I need to run in a lower heart rate zone (I spend most of my runs in z4/z5), 2) I land on my heel and we want a flatter landing as that may have contributed to previous knee pain, and 3) I should be picking up my knees more for a better range of movement on the hip flexors. This is good because we weren't really finding much wrong in the gym, but whilst there's no issue per se, it gives us something to work on. C will do a more detailed analysis, then next week we're going to put together a program including warm up/cool down routines because I tend to skip those.

The rest of today will be work and then we've no plans this evening, but as the weather looks reasonable, we might get out for a walk. I haven't got a specific plan for lunch so perhaps a banana or tuna and cucumber sandwich, and tea is a Tandoori chicken curry - need to make the curry paste and marinade the chicken at lunch.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    ipzreanfjh8v.jpg
    Greetings! I haven't seen the beach yet, but intend to soon. I can however see the river. The first day and a half was rainy.

Eating at my son's was challenging because 1) he likes to eat out or get take out, 2) there is little food in the house (is he my child?). Yesterday my hubby and I went and got some food at the grocery store. I made dinner the last two nights. We have been eating late, but it will have to be ok. I haven't been logging everything, but I did log yesterday and it was lower than I imagined. However, I topped the night off with "Milk Birthday Cake" ice cream to celebrate my son's 30th birthday. That ice cream is definitely a RED light food. I could eat the whole pint!!!! But it's gone now and no more temptation.

I rolled out my mat this morning and did 17 minutes of Pilates. His two kittens enjoyed that a lot. LOL

So, all in all, not great, but not awful either. I plan to go for a walk after we drop my son off at the airport.pui9j33ji5yn.jpg
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It was nice having yogurt for breakfast and a peach later in the day but the move away from keto has me feeling very irritable today. The family has also confirmed that I am a grump. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Week 1 steps/exercise -
    Looking for @micki48 (8/1-8/7.. think you were starting this week :)) and @Kali225 (8/2-8/7)

If you can get those numbers to me by tomorrow, that'd be great

Happy 30th to your son @micki48 ... looks like you're in a beautiful place

@gak71 your post definitely made me chuckle - we all deserve a few grumpy days as we transition to a new way of eating ;) hoping for a better tomorrow for you as well

@DD265 sounds like you're really honing things in there with your running analysis.. can't wait to hear how it all pans out!

Day one back to work KICKED MY BUTT!!!! Luckily I listened to my early alarm and between a pre-work and a lunchtime walk, my steps for today will be A-OK. Might try to fit in a quick yoga session yet tonight, but if that fails, I'll make sure I do my minimum 5 minute stretch to keep myself green on the habit tracker.

Hope everyone else's Monday treated them ok.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    08/09 exercise -

9423 steps and 15 mins yoga

Hugs to you @jugar ... hopefully tomorrow has a few (or a lot) less things like that
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK TWO CHALLENGE IS UP! ZERO TO HERO

yfph5kl5x16b.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    AT LAST THE AUGUST WEEK ONE RESULTS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! It is the season for construction delays, after all...
    6462n5i2qheb.jpg

b30lwi1zrewg.png
    7fz4upkozabc.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    qq9es9m9nja9.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    v1nxax1akzwz.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    tbwiyf8jbefb.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    urhndh4bu5b2.png

vx73c0960iz3.png

YOUR TEAM'S TOP LOSERS!
    u19um154b0oh.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    GO US!!!!

Feeling like a strong August is upon us as well. For those of you who find summer harder than winter, what tactics are you employing to help yourself grab success out of the last of what's left of summer (don't worry - there's still plenty of it!!! I know the W word is traumatic for some ;) or exciting if you're @jugar)
This discussion has been closed.