WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - thanks for sharing your story it was inspiring to read this week!

@KellyBgetsfit - sorry about how everything is going but glad to see you bounce back!

@jugar - loved the story about your son and I’d love to hear an update on the dog later…

As for me. I was not feeling well on my Tuesday night which caused me to comfort eat ritz crackers (Does this solve an upset stomach for everyone? Or is it just my childhood memory?) late late into the night, which then tumbled into me sleeping in late on Wednesday and not logging my food, which led into an all out lack of control…… funny how bad habits play into my food choices. 🤦‍♀️ Ok. So today I am signing in here and logging my food again. Grace right.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 150.5
    CW 153
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a little late! CW: 219
    Hopefully my body will start trending downwards soon :smile:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Took tomorrow off so I'm heading up to the trailer after work and since it's on Brad's way home from his business trip, we'll meet there!

Got up before work and walked 3KM and then did another shorter one at lunch so I've got the bulk of my planned exercise in already... LOVE THAT! If I do anything else tonight it'll just be a bonus but I won't have to restructure my whole evening around it. I always feel better when my planning works out that way... it's not always realistic (or possible) but knowing our own preferences is a big part of the battle!

@Steph1498 Never used Ritz specifically but saltine style crackers, absolutely... hope you're feeling better
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    This has been an emotional week, it seems! There have been some exciting losses lighting the path @Kali225
    @happimess01 and @ashleycarole86, and some "consequences" from vacations and times of relaxation (lots of us!) and some good, steady progress too - @Terytha @KellyBgetsfit @wolfy1234 . I have had a hard time keeping away from emotional eating this week, but it has not been too terrible. Just a bit of lethargy and feeling like food feels better than anything else. At least some of the substitutions have helped (watermelon not ice cream!)

I'm getting excited about crossing the border back into the USA for the first time since January 2020. I will be there to help out my sister @EvMakesChanges to get to her shoulder surgery and back home again, and then to make sure she does not overdo anything and is fed and rested. I'm bringing all kinds of bounty from the garden - soups, fresh tomato sauce, pesto, etc. I hope we'll eat well and take lovely walks through an easy recovery.
  • jugar
    Options
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Exercise 08/19 - 12388 steps

I will say, today was one of the poorest nutritional days I've had in a long while. Still within my calories, but it wasn't food to be proud of lol....

It happens, and it all balances out.

@jugar man I am so happy to hear you're getting to be there for your sis!!! Great news
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @jugar @EvMakesChanges So glad to hear you will finally get to see each other. Have a great visit and Ev good luck with your surgery.

The last two days weren’t as great. I’ve done my Pilates but no walks. My daughter did not get the job she was hoping for and is very sad. She needs a job so they dont lose their house. It’s so hard with the ongoing pandemic. That was just one of a number of stresses.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar@EvMakesChanges how fantastic that you'll finally be able to catch up in person. Hopefully that will be a great distraction from the recovery process.

I hope your daughter finds a new job soon @micki48 - it must be a really tough market out there at the moment.

We walked/ran 8k last night - I was pleased. It took quite a long time and I felt like we walked a lot due to the heart rate training, but I also thought the bits we ran were quicker than normal. It's difficult to compare, however. A friend and I are thinking of going this afternoon to do a 10k - and I won't HR train that one so we'll just run. I do feel less drained overall since starting the HR training but that could be a coincidence as I've been going to bed a bit earlier and also enjoying more downtime.

Weight wise I'm back to where I was last Friday, so I'm planning to be good this weekend. Next weekend there'll be a takeaway, a wedding breakfast and some meals out as I am away Fri-Sun and we have a family party on the Monday. The wedding breakfast is the only one where I don't have any control really - I did pick menu choices but there were only two options per course, and they all sounded pretty rich.

Today I'll finish the meal plan (I want to find a new recipe to try on Sunday) and then put the shopping list together. We'll go to the supermarket this evening and the butchers in the morning before our friend arrives to go out. There'll be some cleaning and tidying too I'm sure, as we have house guests coming on Thursday, but otherwise I'll crack on with my cross stitch.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @micki48 so sorry to hear that your daughter didn't get the job... her situation sounds very stressful and I'll be thinking of you guys. Hopefully something better is just around the corner for her... hugs

@DD265 enjoy your 10K with your friend!! Your running discipline is inspiring!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Love a sister meetup @jugar @EvMakesChanges - and feel well!

@Steph1498 every once in a while, I decide to buy Ritz and they are so good haha - they disappear too quickly. Especially if I have a cheese spread hanging around...

It's 1 week to D-Day for my exam and I am Stressed with a capital S. There is just so much content to cover/know, and I'm not sure I'm up to snuff. But this time next week, I will be 2 hours in, with 2 hours to go, and that's that.

Looking forward to baking this butternut squash dish tonight. I was able to find cotija cheese at Whole Foods finally. The tropical storm remnants are hanging around today it seems, but I don't think we are due for as much rain. My walk was quite wet yesterday.

I've been really solid with workouts this week, despite the pressure to study, so I'm happy with that.
    @ashleycarole steps & activity so far below!

Mon 8/16: 10,902 +50 min strength workout (Epic program)
    Tues 8/17: 10,592 +60 min total body strength & hiit (Epic)
    Wed 8/18: 10,893 +35 min dance cardio
    Thurs 8/19: 8,749 +40 min HIIT (Epic)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 your steps and exercise are amazing given what you have on your plate right now!!! Enjoy the butternut squash dish tonight.. sounds warm and comforting.

@bowens1973 way to make business travel work for you!! I know there was a lot of temptation and you were out of your routine.. proud of you
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 223.2
    CW 226.4

This makes me so mad 😠. It did go all the way up to 229 during the time of the month. So this is progress. I had it down to 224 the other day and really thought I could at least break even. Then we had to put one of the cats down so kind of an off day. I feel like I am really off track with the scale. Any progress I take weeks to make can get erased in a matter of days when my hormones get out of whack. I just want to lay on the floor and kick and scream 😩
  • jugar
    Options
    PW 223.2
    CW 226.4

This makes me so mad 😠. It did go all the way up to 229 during the time of the month. So this is progress. I had it down to 224 the other day and really thought I could at least break even. Then we had to put one of the cats down so kind of an off day. I feel like I am really off track with the scale. Any progress I take weeks to make can get erased in a matter of days when my hormones get out of whack. I just want to lay on the floor and kick and scream 😩

Do you know what is NOT happening? You are not staying at 229 and heading up from there. You made it down to 224, and you'll get it back under control again. You had to do a hard thing and you lost a dear pet. Weight goes a bit nuts when we are stressed. Hormones can be seriously annoying. But you are working at it, and it is way better than it would have been if you just gave in and gave up. Hang in there, Kristi :heart: Progress is happening, even if it bounces around more than you'd like it to. Kick it one. Go ahead and lie on the floor, do some "dead bugs" (my fave exercise to channel that need to concentrate the energy) or do something vigorous if you need some "angercize". Then take a whole bunch of long big breaths and feel how great it feels to get completely empty and how you can breathe in just by letting go. That letting go is the best thing you can do if you don't want to scare the whole family by screaming :smiley: Thanks for getting in here and venting about it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Week 3 coming to a close! Heads up for the final weigh-ins for the week:

@once_mas
    @EvMakesChanges
    @Pearl4686
    @gak71
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @JourneyAlone