WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    We made it through the day! @EvMakesChanges was in great spirits this morning and the surgery went well. Tonight I'll be getting up every couple of hours for medication and ice pack delivery, but making sure the pain does not ramp up is super important. The nerve block is just wearing off now, so tomorrow might not be quite as easy as today - but it is done, and the healing begins.

I love all the talk about long walks - I managed about an hour this afternoon, but hope to have some longer ones over the next couple of days. I doubt I'll beat @YinxFed or @DD265 but I'll do my best :smiley:

Welcome to @coramae7417 - I hope you'll enjoy our group here and that you'll dive right in. Introduce yourself and let us know what you're looking forward to, what questions you might have, and anything else you'd like to share.

Only @Kali225 for a weigh-in tomorrow - I promise it won't be graded! I'll bet you're going to be super ready for Friday and that you'll give it all you've got.

I'll be back earlier tomorrow - right now, I'm aiming for some zzzzzzzzzz
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @DD265 thanks for the luck! I LOVE escape rooms, sounds like you made good time and a great pic from your day! That is basically how I picture all of England, all the time. Mansions, castle, rolling hills. :D

@ashleycarole86 I'm not help here as I hate to bike on roads for that reason! I mostly stick to trails and parks. I was walking 2 days ago and someone honked at a biker when they really shouldn't have and the woman biking GAVE it to them! Screaming in motion for like 2 blocks. Good for her haha.

It is 10:13pm here. Giving myself an hour and 45 to study and then it is lights out. See if I can keep the loss momentum up at tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say Hi. My food is logged. I made cookies 🍪 today again. Why is this my thing? @Pearl4686 I know we have this cookie thing together. Good for you not having any. Unfortunately, I caved. They are just so yummy. Dammit.

Did not get my steps where I wanted them today. Maybe tomorrow. I did get 17 minutes of a full body Pilates workout. It challenged me.

Glad to hear you got across the border Liselyn and that Evelyn did well with her surgery. Hoping tomorrow is good and pain is managed well.

@Kali225 Sounds like you have a good plan for the week. Good luck on Friday!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Steps. Hope I’m not too late.

xegtagefhfb5.jpeg
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    Not too late @micki48 .. thanks! Will send out the report tomorrow.

Today's exercise - 8633 steps and 22 minutes yoga

It was a busy day, and cold and rainy! It honestly felt like it could turn to snow. Got my walks in before work and at lunch so chose yoga indoors for my evening workout to round out the day. I had a great yoga practice tonight and felt so strong.

Glad the surgery went well for @EvMakesChanges .. hope the pain management goes well.

I'm beat... see you all tomorrow!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy day! Up at 3:30 AM due to the little guy having a bad dream. Then at about 7 AM only half of the power would work in our house but none of the breakers were flipped. I hadn't had coffee yet, so I stared at the fuse box for a long time before getting my husband back up after his 5AM turn with our youngest. Long story short we had to tear our deck off, dig up the line and have the electrician out. We are hoping to have all this done by Wednesday. Oh, we also set up my hubby's classroom today. I ate really sporadically all day and definitely got into the chocolate. It was eat chocolate or go crazy 😜.

@jugar Glad the surgery went well. You are smart to do ice and meds around the clock. It will make a huge difference in her healing process and keep the pain manageable!

@Pearl4686 Good luck heading back to work. I have been looking at a website called Classy Yet Trendy. She has great ideas for outfits and sells plans for capsule wardrobes. She has about half of her fall ones created with the others following soon.

@micki48 Great job getting your work out in today!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @DD265 - That looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing with us!

@ashleycarole - The bike bell is awkward for me too but it’s better for everyone I think. That way there is no sneaking up and possibly no incidents. Hopefully the walkers won’t take it too personally - the bell is to warn and protect both the rider and the walkers. Maybe if you ring it early it’s less harsh. Makes me want to go out for a ride and just ring the bell for fun.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • micki48
    Options
    I need to go walk right now before my day gets away from me.
  • micki48
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I need to go walk right now before my day gets away from me.

I did it! I took an early (for me) 35 minute walk. I did it for me.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 3 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS
    # of participants – 6

photo-1448387473223-5c37445527e7?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxwaG90by1wYWdlfHx8fGVufDB8fHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1350&q=80

WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @KellyBgetsfit 98,865 (still have us chasing you 😉)
    #2 @Kali225 97,898
    #3 @jugar 88,220

WEEK 3 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    Tied for #1 with 7/7
    @ashleycarole86
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @jugar
    @Kali225

Congrats to the following step challenge teammates who also laddered up this week (increasing total step count in week 3 over week 2):
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @Kali225

And to those who had their biggest day of August fitness yet in week 3:
    @micki48 08/15
    @YinxFed 08/17
    @Kali225 08/17

Together, we walked 492,211 steps this week, smashing our previous two weeks!

Let's finish August strong!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I did it! I took an early (for me) 35 minute walk. I did it for me.

Great job Michele!! And same to you @Kali225 for your early morning walk.

Thanks for all the bike advice guys.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods Oh my goodness, that sounds like a lot!!! Hopefully it all gets wrapped up by tomorrow like you're hoping... quite disruptive start to the week though by the sounds of it
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @Emerald__St0rm :)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome to @coramae7417 and @Emerald__St0rm ... looking forward to getting to know you both!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Things are still going well here at my sister's, but my exercise was nowhere today. Tonight should be a better one for sleep (only getting up every 4 hours instead of every 2!) so I'm sure I'll have more juice tomorrow. I'll aim for the morning too - sounds like that is working for a few of us.

Fabulous job this week @Kali225 - I am sending you all the good vibes for Friday. After the test, go ahead and have some fun but be sure to dance a lot at the wedding reception! That'll burn off some of the extra calories :smiley:

Ready for the Wednesday people:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy

Thanks for the beautiful step report @ashleycarole86 - that was a great week!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Glad to hear things are going well in Vermont.

Logged food. Still under but calories were on the high end. Hit my daily step goal. Did my walk this am. And LOTS of playing with my favorite 3 year old. We played with water beads. They are so fun.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Would I be able to take a pass this week @jugar ? I injured myself on the weekend and have been in recovery mode
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Exercise for 08/24 was 10,618 steps

I had a dinner out with a friend and then we checked out the Beyond Van Gogh show that's been touring. It was a lot of fun. Dinner was at an Italian restaurant so I pre-chose my meal, logged it, and stuck to it!
This discussion has been closed.