WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,648 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @JohnPetelle :)
  • wolfy1234
    wolfy1234 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I hope everyone had an excellent day - glad you got your power back, @conleywoods

As much as I'm enjoying being with family for the first time in ages, it will be good to get back to my home turf, veggie garden, and exercise routine! I find it hard to stick with the usual exercise when I am not at home. Today my niece showed me some fantastic walking routes that did not involve any roads - just trails. That will help for tomorrow - lots of good hills, nice and quiet.

Who's up for weigh-ins?
    @MoStacy
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @wolfy1234

Thanks!

PW 252.6
    CW 252.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,148 Member
    Options
    Exercise for 08/26 - 14717 steps

Welcome to you as well @JohnPetelle ... lots of new faces this month. Please feel free to say hello and looking forward to your participation in September.

Hope recovery continues to go well for @EvMakesChanges and your time down there @jugar

Friday already tomorrow.. where does time go? Night all!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Thursday am weigh in 154.5
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well, my opportunity to meet my goal of last August to be the same weight this August '21 has come and gone and I didn't meet it. damn. But..new goal... I'm still looking to Aug '22 to be in the same vicinity. I love the Sept. challenge re. no added sugar... I need to do that - I have a fierce sweet tooth.
    @jugar so glad you got to see your dad <3
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    Hello @jugar, I’d like to take a couple weeks off. I’m having some employee issues that are turning my travel schedule upside down. I’m not doing horribly but I won’t be traveling with my scale. Good luck all, see you soon!

No problem - drop in any time, and we'll see you back when the world turns right side up again :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Where did yesterday go? I had a crazy busy one, and then a relaxing social evening, so the computer was never even opened. I hopefully will be heading back home today, so I should be able to get back to normal and be posting here more often! I am a bit behind with everything - my own exercise, nagging you all for weigh-ins :wink: and getting all the new members on board and onto the spreadsheet. I'll catch up soon!

In the meantime, here are the weigh-ins due up through today. It's Friday today, right???
    @Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @happimess01
    @gak71
    @Steph1498

It is exciting to have new members for September, and I'm sure there will be some great energy helping inspire anyone who is getting a bit bogged down, or who has wild and crazy work or life challenges that make sticking with all the best laid plans difficult.

The September sugar challenge is optional for anyone who would like to join in - Teresa will be keeping that rolling and helping everyone who joins here there. For those of us who prefer to allow some amount of sugar in our lives (all within reason, of course!), there will still be the weekly challenges to give you an extra boost. As usual, the first week of the month will be a commitment and accountability challenge where you get to choose which specific things you'd like to track and hold yourself to. That will be up Sunday when we get the new month rolling.

Have a great Friday, all! Please send that cooler weather fast, ok @ashleycarole86 ? We really, really need the relief.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    The September 2021 chat is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS

All weigh-ins for the final week of August should continue to be posted here, but as of Sunday, we will be in the September chat. Feel free to pop over there, say hey, and maybe post an introduction so we can get to know you better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842202/waistaways-team-chat-september-2021/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,648 Member
    Options
    Another member heading your way ....Please welcome @TessieMac833 :)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    PW 226.2
    CW 226.8

Up a little but not bad this week considering we lost power, disassembled the deck, dug up the yard and ate out too much this week. August wasn't my month but I got through it and next month will be interesting too. I feel like the routine of everyone going back to school will bring more predictability to life.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    PW 89
    CW 88.4
    It's not as much as I hoped but I'll take it. Considering it was a week of ups and downs and no workouts, I'm glad I didn't give up and if I can drop consistently at this rate- it's a win!
    Welcome all newcomers!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!

My test is DONE! Woooooo! And it really wasn't that bad. It's graded on a curve so I won't know if I passed or not for a few weeks but I don't really even care. It's done.

Wednesday night was the Mehndi night for my friend's wedding, so that was really fun but also some extra calories. (Dancing in the backyard definitely helped burn some off, though!) Yesterday was good for food but tonight is the wedding itself, so I am expecting some bloat/pop on the scale tomorrow. That's how it goes - I'll take Sat/Sun/Mon to work it off! And recover from all this studying.

@jugar I hear you on the cool weather - 95 here most of yesterday, I was dying! Autumn, come hither!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yo Ho Team!

I am safely back home in Canada and all is well. My sister is doing some good healing so far after a pretty major shoulder repair, and I got back home early enough today to spend a couple of hours catching up with the vegetable garden. I think I picked at least 12 pounds of tomatoes, some serious zucchini bombs (they were so tiny when I left only a few days ago!!), lots of gorgeous Asian eggplants, a couple of bright red peppers (sweet ones - the really large long pointy red beauties), oodles of spinach, lettuces enough to feed everyone I know a giant salad, and some kale and chard will be ready for attention tomorrow. My preserving work is cut out for me!

The funniest part of going across the border and back was picking up mail at our post office box in Derby Line, Vermont. We have always kept a box there to make mailing from the US quicker, easier, and less expensive for all our family members and for buying things that are easier to ship there. We have not been able to pick up mail since March 2020! There was all kinds of stuff, much of which stayed in the post office recycling - election advertising, old catalogues, defunct magazines, and even a few Christmas cards. Oh - and some tractor parts that arrived last December. They'll finally get used this winter! I'm sure we won't be crossing the border as often as we used to, since we have to have a recent covid test to get back into Canada, but at least it is now possible.

So let's wrap up this month! I know it seems weird to start September on August 29th, but it's close enough for F2F, right? Here are the remaining weigh-ins due by end of play tomorrow:

@happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @evangsimmons170

Have a great weekend!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    PW- 193.1 lbs
    CW - 193.1 lbs
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome back @jugar !!! Sounds like your garden will be happy you're home too :)

It's still cool here.. any relief on its way to you?

I had just the worst emotional day at work today! Gone are the days where I find myself soothing with food, but my goodness when the day is crap do I recall how much I used to rely on that.

Anyway, weekend is here and it's time to shake it off. Have a good one folks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    8/27 - 12124 steps
    Was short on steps when we got to the lake so convinced Brad to come for a pre-bedtime walk!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    CW: 166.
    PW: 166.

I’m still about where I started this month. Which isn’t worse but also isn’t less. I’m working on a challenge with my son to do 100 pushups every day. I’m at day 20 now and can do about 30 in a row not on my knees. That’s an improvement from the start. I’m not consistent with getting my steps or exercise. I’m not consistent with eating well or sleeping more than 6 hours but the last week has been better. In September I’m going to try a mind trick with myself to define my focus. Will see how that goes.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Thank you for the kind words :) I see that you are killing it with the steps. Hope to welcome you to onederland soon :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I am looking forward to doing a decent workout today after a week of chaos and no workouts. The weather is nice and cool so it will actually take some work to get a good sweat on! I hope everyone has a great day, or has already done so if you are in one of those time zones :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.