WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Would I be able to take a pass this week @jugar ? I injured myself on the weekend and have been in recovery mode

No problem! I hope you feel better soon :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    It is indeed a happy Wednesday! I got to see my 93 year-old dad today for the first time since January 2020. He is the coolest old codger ever, and it was wonderful to see him. He and my step-mom drove all the way here from York Beach (Maine) just to have lunch together, and it was so nice to see them at last. My next trip down to the US will be to spend a few days with them.

Thanks to my niece, I had a very vigorous walk this morning over hill and dale, working up a great sweat. That felt amazing. This evening will be some bodyweight exercises to make up for not carrying water and doing other garden jobs. I am a bit afraid what the garden will look like when I get back!

May your trigger foods be far away and your walking/running/exercise shoes be near! Enjoy.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    A new member joining you soon .... Please welcome @nat_meister
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    @nat_meister Welcome to our group, looking forward to having you as part of the September challenge and getting to know you.
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello everyone. :) Excited for the September challenge and ready to kick some *kitten*!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello everyone. :) Excited for the September challenge and ready to kick some *kitten*!

Oh yeah - kicking some of that *kitten* is an amazing feeling. Let us know a bit more about you, your plan for September, and anything else you would like to share. We all do a big round of intros at the beginning of each month, but go ahead and get it done before Sunday if you like. Ask any questions you have as well - we'll do our best to get the new folks ready to roll.
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone had an excellent day - glad you got your power back, @conleywoods

As much as I'm enjoying being with family for the first time in ages, it will be good to get back to my home turf, veggie garden, and exercise routine! I find it hard to stick with the usual exercise when I am not at home. Today my niece showed me some fantastic walking routes that did not involve any roads - just trails. That will help for tomorrow - lots of good hills, nice and quiet.

Who's up for weigh-ins?
    @MoStacy
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @wolfy1234

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪That is all. Red light 🛑 food for sure. Ugh.

Heat is to high for walk. Did some weights this morning. Now my shoulder is sore.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello @jugar, I’d like to take a couple weeks off. I’m having some employee issues that are turning my travel schedule upside down. I’m not doing horribly but I won’t be traveling with my scale. Good luck all, see you soon!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Exercise 08/25 - 13712 steps .. a bigger day for me when it's just steps, proud of that!

• MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 202lbs
    CW: 204 lbs
    Ugh! No one to blame but me. Going to make some changes this week.dtk1f3n6ugsh.jpeg
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username - ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh in

PW 217.8
    CW 217.4
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @bowens1973 A guy who makes a good choice, apparently ;)

Morning all! Sunny beautiful day here in Alberta but the temperatures are much more moderate.. makes the walks very pleasant. I was up early again for my pre-work 20 minute jaunt. I am in such a good routine now for the last couple weeks before we return to office.

Nothing much else to report! Hoping to get some yoga in today. I imagine Brad will bike so I'll have to decide if I will join him or not.

Enjoy the day folks
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Oh yeah - kicking some of that *kitten* is an amazing feeling. Let us know a bit more about you, your plan for September, and anything else you would like to share. We all do a big round of intros at the beginning of each month, but go ahead and get it done before Sunday if you like. Ask any questions you have as well - we'll do our best to get the new folks ready to roll.

Happy to be here! My name is Natalie. I've been a vegetarian for around 5 years now. Born, raised, and currently reside in Palm Beach County, FL (yes, it's truly crazy in FL all the time - we've earned our reputation :p ). I have a 12-year-old son, 2 crazy cats, and am going through a lot of life changes that have caused me to gain a new perspective on life. I'm separating from my husband, my dad passed away from COVID in April, and I'm ready to really take charge of my life and health.

I'm a serial dieter who's been on and off the wagon so many times, you'd think I'd have great glutes. I lost and maintained around 40 lbs for a while, but I'm ready to chisel away some more and focus on building healthy habits and routines.

I've done some perusing and will figure it all out as this goes! :smiley:

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    amw5snpo3aau.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way .........Please welcome @donnasteel1 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @happimess01 Way to go staying on track despite the disruption of settling in to a new job routine! That's awesome and very inspiring.

@donnasteel1 Welcome to our little corner of MFP! Nice to have you and looking forward to getting to know you in the September challenge. We have quite a few new faces for next month, very exciting :)
This discussion has been closed.