mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 224.4
    CW: 225.4

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

The scales have given 0.4 difference of 225.4 and 225, either way it isn't the way it should be going, but not surprising after the past week. I know as a team we support one another through the ebb and flow in our journeys, however, it still doesn't feel good to keep adding gains on the team total when many of you are achieving great losses. I will get out of this cycle I'm falling into.

I would like to reintroduce more exercise whether it be HIIT, weights, stationery bike/MTB or more walking as it'll add a sense of satisfaction and generally mentally makes you not want to undo any work you've potentially done.

A NSV victory this past week is I've been able to improve my liquid intake which is good.

Unrelated, but if anyone eats bacon, I have started getting bacon medallions when possible. Might differ depending where and what you buy, but I get a 8 piece smoked bacon medallion 200g pack, per 100g it's 99 calories so, half the pack = 4 smoked bacon medallions for 99 calories!

And so the journey continues, have a great week everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/14 steps 8,317

Some good stepping!
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Saturday, 8/15

Under Calories:
    Water > 80oz:
    Protein > 100g:
    Steps > 5K:
    Row 2x/wk: ✅❔
    Good Day Streak (GDS): 0

Well, I let my weigh-in results and issues with my 14 year old drag me down a little yesterday. I gave in and ate a pack of swiss cake rolls which put me a little over my calories. Overall it wasn't a bad day but it wasn't a good day either. So, I am resetting the GDS to zero. I am having a pretty good day so far today and I am confident that I will finish strong!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps ...
    8/13: 5330
    8/14:4558

It’s funny how we can use food to soothe our frustrations. I know personally when i feel stressed food automatically crosses my mind. I know I have said this already but you keep showing up so that is winning. Look at all the great things you have a ✅ for in your check in yesterday. You also met your rowing goal for the week.

Steps 8/14: 16,017

Step goal met again! Well done!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 8/13 8,093
    8/14 9,828

We found out my daughter was positive Friday but she feels fine. Between quarantining, Fitbit battery always dying and hot humid temps not great steps.

I hope your daughter and the rest of your family develop no symptoms. I think your steps are great for being in quarantine.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    My steps:

Monday 10 220
    Tuesday 19 038
    Wednesday 13 431
    Thursday 9 461
    Friday 11 086
    Saturday 18 343
    Sunday 17 157

Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 !

Nice looking week of steps!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed relaxation day.

Grats to the team big losers. Well done.

Check in for 8/15:
    Steps - 6701. I like the number. Trying to get going again.
    Calories- 1650.
    Exercise - 2 small walks to check my lightheartedness. I seem to be better
    today so I want to hit the gym or a longer walk tomorrow. Each walk was 1.09 miles in 24 minutes. Nice and slow.

That’s great you walked without getting dizzy. Awesome steps!

jayenguk wrote: »
    congrats to all the big losers well done!..and man we are all smashing it ...have a great day all back to work today urgggg so no work out just keeping to my calories..had a "i want to eat everything" day yesterday but didn't which I am seeing as a kinda NSV?
    I think that is a great NSV!

Daily Check-in: Sunday 08/15

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 1/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506

Good and happy Monday morning team!

Work out done for today. Now ready to get my day started.

Wishing you all a wonderful week !

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    k6f7fmccowpc.jpeg

Mari, you are doing so well! You always look so happy when working out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

---

The scales have given 0.4 difference of 225.4 and 225, either way it isn't the way it should be going, but not surprising after the past week. I know as a team we support one another through the ebb and flow in our journeys, however, it still doesn't feel good to keep adding gains on the team total when many of you are achieving great losses. I will get out of this cycle I'm falling into.

I would like to reintroduce more exercise whether it be HIIT, weights, stationery bike/MTB or more walking as it'll add a sense of satisfaction and generally mentally makes you not want to undo any work you've potentially done.

A NSV victory this past week is I've been able to improve my liquid intake which is good.

Unrelated, but if anyone eats bacon, I have started getting bacon medallions when possible. Might differ depending where and what you buy, but I get a 8 piece smoked bacon medallion 200g pack, per 100g it's 99 calories so, half the pack = 4 smoked bacon medallions for 99 calories!

The ups and downs are part of the journey. Never feel bad about posting a gain. I posted gains the last 2 weeks but I know I have a team rooting for me just as you do. You had an awesome NSV! Water is good for us on so many levels. So is increased exercise. Is it actual bacon or like a Canadian bacon? We like to have breakfast for supper every now and then but I always feel like I get ripped off with the bacon.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/14
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 7006

We had an absolute blast at the fair yesterday! The kids loved the midway and the rides. We got to walk through buildings and see animals, watch a wild encounters show and a bike trick show, and play bingo! Food went great for myself. We were so busy the whole time, coupled with the fact that I didn't want anything from the stand where we fed the kids lunch, it was after 4pm the first time I checked the time and I still hadn't broken my fast haha. The crazy thing was, I didn't even feel hungry at that point. I decided to get a fresh squeezed lemonade, I ended up eating 4 of my daughters french fries later, and then had snacks from the snack bag in the car on the way home, and also once we got home. I don't even regret not getting anything at the fair, my husband tried enough stuff for both of us haha. I guess I was more focused on the fun than the food!

Good Morning Ashley, just wanted to commend you on your sure and steady dedication to they lifestyle, seems we can always count on you to hit the marks you set for yourself!!! Great work. 😎🤗

@lindamtuck2018 Thank You! Thank You! I so Happy! :smiley:
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Saturday, 8/15

Under Calories:
    Water > 80oz:
    Protein > 100g:
    Steps > 5K:
    Row 2x/wk: ✅❔
    Good Day Streak (GDS): 0

Well, I let my weigh-in results and issues with my 14 year old drag me down a little yesterday. I gave in and ate a pack of swiss cake rolls which put me a little over my calories. Overall it wasn't a bad day but it wasn't a good day either. So, I am resetting the GDS to zero. I am having a pretty good day so far today and I am confident that I will finish strong!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps ...
    8/13: 5330
    8/14:4558

Don't hang your head down to much Andrea, a pack of swiss roll is way better than the whole box right? So YES let's do just that, and finish strong! YOU CAN DO IT! :smiley:
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 8/13 8,093
    8/14 9,828

We found out my daughter was positive Friday but she feels fine. Between quarantining, Fitbit battery always dying and hot humid temps not great steps.

Good morning Rachel... Praying for a quick and healthy turn around for your daughter, and may your whole family get through this equally well. 🙏🤗
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    My steps:

Monday 10 220
    Tuesday 19 038
    Wednesday 13 431
    Thursday 9 461
    Friday 11 086
    Saturday 18 343
    Sunday 17 157

Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 !

And a fine morning to you Piqueaboo, that's a heck of a lot of steps. My hat of to you! :smile:

@azkunk Thank you! Yeah I'm all good it was just a very mild flair up that didn't really stop me at all, I was all good by Sunday morning. :)
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed relaxation day.

Grats to the team big losers. Well done.

Check in for 8/15:
    Steps - 6701. I like the number. Trying to get going again.
    Calories- 1650.
    Exercise - 2 small walks to check my lightheartedness. I seem to be better
    today so I want to hit the gym or a longer walk tomorrow. Each walk was 1.09 miles in 24 minutes. Nice and slow.

Hello Roger!!! Good job putting in the time. Great steps. :)
    jayenguk wrote: »
    congrats to all the big losers well done!..and man we are all smashing it ...have a great day all back to work today urgggg so no work out just keeping to my calories..had a "i want to eat everything" day yesterday but didn't which I am seeing as a kinda NSV?

Good morning Jay! Just wanted to say I love your enthusiasm, both here and on the news feeds. It really helps put a smile on peoples faces, and makes the entire journey that much more enjoyable. Congrats on the NSV it sure does count. :)
    Daily Check-in: Sunday 08/15

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 1/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506

Good and happy Monday morning team!

Work out done for today. Now ready to get my day started.

Wishing you all a wonderful week !

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    k6f7fmccowpc.jpeg

Another amazing double work out day in the books for you Mari... And I love the photo's, and the smile! Sure helps to get to know you a little better! Your smashing this journey. Pleasure to be a part of it! 😎
    mszoueb wrote: »

---

Hmmm Bacon.... oh wait.. Um I mean Good Morning Zoe. I feel for you, my fiance is still going through a tough bit with the scale. Finally registering a 0.2 pound loss this morning but still up over 3 pounds. It sure can be tough sometimes. I probably sound like a broken record but it's the lifestyle that will get you to your goals, and it will come in good time and every day that passes your that much more healthier regardless of what the scale says sometimes. Better luck next week! 😀

• Poobah1972
    Options
    Username: Poobah1972
    PW: 381.3
    CW: 377.8

It's Monday... And I gotta say, it's actually become my favorite day of the week. Only because it's WEIGH IN DAY!!!! 😃😅🤗🤗🤗😎

I have no right to complain, things continue to be extremely steady, with very few disappointing moments around the scale. *Knock on Wood* 🤞

3.5 pound loss this week is freaking fantastic! I basically smashed into the next decade and 109.9 is close enough to 110 pound loss to me. Say YAHOoooo HOOOOOoOOOOOoooo 🎉🎊🎉

As for this morning, things are good. Slept pretty alright, a sleep score of 83... Had a few wakeful periods, but meh.

As for the Elliptical this morning.... I went hard and fast out of the gates for 10 minutes straight at a pace of about a 15-minute mile. This was all well and good, and I got my heart rate up pretty quickly. Which was my intention, however it took its tole on me. lol.... By the 15-minute mark, I just couldn't keep up the pace anymore... And I started slowing down... I was getting pooped lol. And eventually I pulled the pin a bit early. Partly I was just so damn excited to step on the scale after I was done and see how I did. Either way, it was a great burn. And I think I may continue to go all out for the first 10 minutes, then maybe scale things back a bit trying to maintain a higher overall average heart rate. I guess we will see.

Back and Biceps tonight... And lots of good chow to keep me fed throughout the day. 😉

Thanks for all the amazing support! 🤗😘😊😃

gvww0abver2j.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Username: Poobah1972
    PW: 381.3
    CW: 377.8

It's Monday... And I gotta say, it's actually become my favorite day of the week. Only because it's WEIGH IN DAY!!!! 😃😅🤗🤗🤗😎

I have no right to complain, things continue to be extremely steady, with very few disappointing moments around the scale. *Knock on Wood* 🤞

3.5 pound loss this week is freaking fantastic! I basically smashed into the next decade and 109.9 is close enough to 110 pound loss to me. Say YAHOoooo HOOOOOoOOOOOoooo 🎉🎊🎉

As for this morning, things are good. Slept pretty alright, a sleep score of 83... Had a few wakeful periods, but meh.

As for the Elliptical this morning.... I went hard and fast out of the gates for 10 minutes straight at a pace of about a 15-minute mile. This was all well and good, and I got my heart rate up pretty quickly. Which was my intention, however it took its tole on me. lol.... By the 15-minute mark, I just couldn't keep up the pace anymore... And I started slowing down... I was getting pooped lol. And eventually I pulled the pin a bit early. Partly I was just so damn excited to step on the scale after I was done and see how I did. Either way, it was a great burn. And I think I may continue to go all out for the first 10 minutes, then maybe scale things back a bit trying to maintain a higher overall average heart rate. I guess we will see.

Back and Biceps tonight... And lots of good chow to keep me fed throughout the day. 😉

Thanks for all the amazing support! 🤗😘😊😃

gvww0abver2j.png

Fantastic loss! Your elliptical session was still pretty darn good. I have to read up on how Fitbit determines your sleep score. Mine was 84 with less than 7 hours of sleep. I had over 8 hours awhile back and my sleep score was 78. Maybe I should switch my goal from hours of sleep to my sleep score. What’s your thoughts?
  • Poobah1972
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Fantastic loss! Your elliptical session was still pretty darn good. I have to read up on how Fitbit determines your sleep score. Mine was 84 with less than 7 hours of sleep. I had over 8 hours awhile back and my sleep score was 78. Maybe I should switch my goal from hours of sleep to my sleep score. What’s your thoughts?

That's a very reasonable idea... While Length of sleep is important, I believe sleep score is calculated on 3 criteria.
    1. Time Asleep
    2. Deep and REM
    3. Restoration

So it is quite possible to get a shorter sleep, but have higher percentage of Deep and REM sleep as well as a significant time below resting heart rate both of which will have a meaningful effect on your sleep score and it's does parley well to real world effects. So yeah I think it's a fine idea. 😀 And thanks once again. :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The ups and downs are part of the journey. Never feel bad about posting a gain. I posted gains the last 2 weeks but I know I have a team rooting for me just as you do. You had an awesome NSV! Water is good for us on so many levels. So is increased exercise. Is it actual bacon or like a Canadian bacon? We like to have breakfast for supper every now and then but I always feel like I get ripped off with the bacon.

Thank you, it's actual bacon but instead of the full rasher, it's the top part of it - You could probably get it in the supermarkets where you live. Technically you are getting less bacon and probably paying more, just depends if you want to save some calories etc. The one I get is a 5% fat one, so it's lean too :)
    Hmmm Bacon.... oh wait.. Um I mean Good Morning Zoe. I feel for you, my fiance is still going through a tough bit with the scale. Finally registering a 0.2 pound loss this morning but still up over 3 pounds. It sure can be tough sometimes. I probably sound like a broken record but it's the lifestyle that will get you to your goals, and it will come in good time and every day that passes your that much more healthier regardless of what the scale says sometimes. Better luck next week! 😀

Your fiance is absolutely killing it in a good way all round so I can see where the frustration comes from with the scale. Ohh it's fine, I certainly feel like a broken record in my posts lately. I shouldn't expect a loss after going over on calories, but there's always that hope when stepping on the scales because they sure can surprise you. I swear when I was on the meal prep service even on just 5 days a week, I didn't really do a lot of exercise, had extra bits and bobs and still managed losses somehow. Was probably the portion size on it were getting more child like though.

I've got 16 pounds to go by end of December for my goal of 50 pounds total loss so far, so I need to be losing a pound or so a week until then. It would be great to get 50 pounds loss in 2021 alone, but might too much of a stretch to try get down to about 204.8 by then for that, but shall see!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/13 steps = 14,441
    8/14 steps = 7,929
    8/15 steps = 4,717
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,860 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Here is my 2nd friendly reminder of the people's steps I need

@red1185 8/14
    @Shannonsto 8/13 & 8/14

Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 8/17 if I do not have them in by then I will have no choice but zero them out

Thanks for your cooperation everyone :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Morning Everyone .... Still feeling awful been laying around and sleeping a lot since last Thursday ... I have no voice this morning ... I called jury duty to ask for a postponement so I don't need to go until November... I will be calling my Dr in a bit to ask for a Phone call instead of going in (suppose to be going in this Thursday)

Lots of great steps and losses ...Great job everyone

Going back to laying down
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/15: 10,628

Didn't make my goal...better get moving today!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Morning Everyone .... Still feeling awful been laying around and sleeping a lot since last Thursday ... I have no voice this morning ... I called jury duty to ask for a postponement so I don't need to go until November... I will be calling my Dr in a bit to ask for a Phone call instead of going in (suppose to be going in this Thursday)

I sure hope you get figured out soon... Very troubling. :neutral:

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @MSWarrior7088 and @888Angie888 on your great losses and awesome steps!
    @lindamtuck2018 72 laps sounds like a lot. I would lose count way before then. Hope your time at the cottage is refreshing and fun.
    @Poohbah1972 congratulations on smashing into the new decade! You can really see the differences each "Flex Friday".

@Mszoueb focus less on the scale and more on developing healthy habits and then make those habits consistent. If a row of checkmarks on the calendar or an accountability buddy helps then do whatever motivates you. Reward yourself with a non food reward for reaching a goal that you decide. Make it specific and measurable. If you are meal prepping then maybe a cookbook of keto recipes for example?

Was said after the IV fluid weight went up to 144.7. Today after 3 full days of eating and drinking normally, I have reached a new decade and am 139.8 lbs. Yippee! Thought would never get here. The said part is that I can just about guarantee that it is mostly my muscle after months of inactivity.. Muscle is calorie expensive so your body will shed it in a deficit for lower calorie needing fat if you don't exercise or give it a reason to keep it.

For fun I looked up what the NPC bikini competitors weigh at my height. They have a bmi of 19.0-21.9 for their height and a body fat percentage range of 8-13%. That body fat is below a healthy female athlete and at the border of essential fat for a woman! I would have to weigh in the 120-125 lb range to meet the bmi much less the years of heavy lifting.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @azkunk I have the same problem remembering how good it feels to work out...same issue I have when I want to eat a ton of rubbish I forget how good I feel when I eat nice healthy food
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I sure hope you get figured out soon... Very troubling. :neutral:

Thanks Jonathan... will be talking to my Dr. via phone instead of seeing him on Thursday since both my daughter and I are sick
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Poohbah1972 congratulations on smashing into the new decade! You can really see the differences each "Flex Friday".

Ahhh SHucks... 😊 To be honest that last picture really did surprise me. Probably the lighting and angle just happened to be just right. But still I impressed myself. 😊😊

This discussion has been closed.