Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    I need to withdraw for a while....thanks for keeping me motivated!!!
    I hope to be back in the future 🙏🏻

Sorry to see you go! I moved you to support.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: tahm42
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 223
    CW (Current Weight): 221

Water weight is such a booger!!! Been feeling a little run down but the weather in SC has been wet and messy. I will be contributing it to that. I really want to get below 220 and stay there... I get there and then bloat. Just a little frustrated, but I will be sticking to the course.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 140.4
    CW: 139.8
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 3940

My daughter was sick yesterday so I really didn't get much done. Had her tested for Covid just to be safe and that came back negative thank goodness. Was suppose to walk early morning with dad but had to cancel on him with her being sick and the fact we were both up all night. She's feeling better today so I need to get some housework done!

@lindamtuck2018 Great job with your pizza control! Have so much fun at the cabin! Focus on the fun, not the food. You'll do great!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Ugh. Sorry I'm late again! Moving my daughter into her first apartment at college.

8/11 8,020
    8/12 5,580
    8/13 7,192
    8/14 10,234
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,309 Member
    Options

Sorry to see you go ... I have excused you from the step challenge ...I hope to see you back soon ...hugs
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 Fantastic walk! If I were to try to leave the house at night, hubby would have my hide. He would freak. I have tried to go to the gym everyday this week and when 4 am rolls around I am like nope no not even. I am not a morning person.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Username amymartin555
    Weigh in day Monday
    SW. 184
    PW 147.0
    CW 145.8

Fantastic weigh in! Heading in the right direction!
    Get lots of rest and feel better!

Thanks Linda ... I have been resting but coughing a lot ...my tummy muscles hurt from all the coughing ...

In case you forgot I would like to be excused from this week's weigh in ...Thanks

Glad to hear it your feeling better, but do keep us posted. *hugs*
    @Poobah1972
    That would be an amazing accomplishment to lose 192 pounds of fat! Great weight session. I haven’t been able to see the newsfeed all day.

It would, but heck what I've already done is pretty darn amazing. So whatever happens happens. But I like the fact that the spreadsheet has been so accurate and that Science generally works. :smiley:
    azkunk wrote: »
    Yesterday was not as bad as all of the red X’s seem to indicate but it was still not good and hence the zero for my GDS. I did start re-reading my Beck’s Diet Solution and I already feel like that my head is getting back in the game. Scale was down a little today and that helps with the motivation. I already hit my 2 day rowing goal this week, so I am going to up that goal to 3

@Poobah1972- NICE LOSS🤩 You continue to inspire me … thank you

Thank you Andrea, I feel really old recovering from that walk this morning, but hearing messages like this sure do help. :smiley:
    Still no exercises as such, not been feeling my best this week.

Gael has a procedure on wednesday, to get some skin cancer off her scalp. Even though I can't go in with her, she wants me to come for the drive. It's going to be like a 6 hour procedure sooooooo I did some research and found that there is a library about half a km away. I'm going to hang over there, do some studying etc, and I can get a small walk in! I have my English final on Saturday and another final (Psychology) 2 weeks later, so doing a lot of cramming!!

I've been super busy with school. My course end date for English is the end of this month, and up until 3 weeks ago I had 3 assignments and the final to look forward to. Right now, I have 1 full assignment, 1 assignment with last-minute tweaks (hope to send it tomorrow) and then the final! The assignment I finished a couple of weeks ago I got an A, which is awesome for me because English Language courses are not my strong point at all!!

I'm not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, might be looking at a big gain for some reason, but my legs are a little swollen so that might account for it. It's all good, there is always next week to lose it again!!

Hope everyone has had a good week!! Tx

Thanks for the update Tanya, Have fun on the road trip and all the best to both you and Gael. It's funny your profile picture looks exactly like my cousins wife Ashley.. So everytime I see your face I feel like i know you. Posts like that one, make it a little more true. :)
    Daily Check-in: Monday 08/16

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506
    08/16 - 13,363

Happy Tuesday! Got my workout done this morning and ready to start the day. I really struggled today. I’ve been working out everyday since 2 Sundays ago and I think I need a rest day so tomorrow….no workout! I feel low on energy and just need to stop for a day for some much needed rest.

Wishing you all a wonderful blessed day!

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    qwx504ha7qta.jpeg

You've been killing it every day... Rest days are where the muscles really grow so don't feel bad at all about taking em.
    Monday check in

✅ Steps
    ❌ Sleep Score (above 75)
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Reminders 8/8

PW 207.2
    CW 204

I am weighing in early this week as I don’t want to miss my weigh in. This week the scales did drop to 202.4 but I had pizza with my grandkids yesterday so I am seeing some water retention today. I was tickled pink with my control with the pizza yesterday. I was very mindful of my hunger level and I am going to use this while at the cottage. I am not bringing my food scale with me so I will be eyeballing my portions.

I didn’t swim as long as planned. I had a headache when I woke up which continued all day. It’s been 8 months since I had covid and I am still getting them. Anyways, I swam for 15 minutes and stretched for 20 minutes. I may go for a short walk while I am waiting for Garry to get home. He is working a half day. Pretty well got everything packed. Just a few things left on my list.

That's all a pretty fantastic early week weigh in and activity... Sleep is a finicky beast so meh. :)
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy tuesday.

Yesterday my daughter wanted me to have a "cheat" day where calories don't matter. I don't think that would work with my mind very well. I had a "cheat" lunch with her and stuffed myself but still ate somewhat ok. I knew I overate so no snacks or dessert. I wasn't hungry. My calories are probably off, maybe by a lot, but I tried getting close. It was a small Mexican chain so no calories listed. It was pretty good, huge portions and surprisingly cheap.

Check in for 8/16:
    Steps - 3580 plus 12 minutes bike moderate effort 3 miles.
    Calories - I figured 1630. Could have missed by a couple hundred but ok for a cheat meal.
    Exercise - gym. 6 machines but only 12 minutes bike. No stamina.

Just weighed and gained 1.6 lb. Now to recover.

Well a day with your daughter sounds well worth it. :)

All the best to you Joyce!!! Take care.
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: tahm42
    PW (Previous Weight): 223
    CW (Current Weight): 221

Water weight is such a booger!!! Been feeling a little run down but the weather in SC has been wet and messy. I will be contributing it to that. I really want to get below 220 and stay there... I get there and then bloat. Just a little frustrated, but I will be sticking to the course.

I already have plenty of faith in you and I barely know you. YOU WILL DO IT!
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 140.4
    CW: 139.8

Right direction...GREAT!
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 3940

My daughter was sick yesterday so I really didn't get much done. Had her tested for Covid just to be safe and that came back negative thank goodness. Was suppose to walk early morning with dad but had to cancel on him with her being sick and the fact we were both up all night. She's feeling better today so I need to get some housework done!

Glad you daughter doesn't have covid... Here's to a more productive day tomorrow! :)

PS it literally took me all day to respond on this post between actual work and stuff lol

Cheers everyone.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @lindamtuck2018 I am heading out of town and will be with intermittent internet access and no scale for the next couple of weeks. Could you take me off the step challenge and weigh-ins. I will be back to normal (????) life after Labor Day. Best wishes to all.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,309 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @lindamtuck2018 I am heading out of town and will be with intermittent internet access and no scale for the next couple of weeks. Could you take me off the step challenge and weigh-ins. I will be back to normal (????) life after Labor Day. Best wishes to all.

I will just excuse you on the step challenge...best of luck to you
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

It’s been a very frustrating couple of weeks. I’m down today to 174.2, for the third time in 11 days. I’m just bouncing around the same two pounds no matter what I do. Maybe there’s a whoosh ahead? If so, I hope it comes soon.

Sorry I’m late adding my steps.
    8/13: 18,072
    8/14: 9,112
    8/15: 11,675
    8/16: 13,671

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Monday

Calories:
    Protein :
    Water (90oz):
    Steps >5000:
    Row 2x/wk: ✅✅❔

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/15: 4783
    8/16: 6146

All green yesterday 🤩 Was hoping to see the scale reward me but it was up 0.2. I’m glad it’s not weigh day. I did not get to row yesterday because of being the dance mom Uber. I wanted to row today but I worked late and had to take my daughter to counseling. I think I will be able to row tomorrow if I don’t have to work late … dance mom Uber goes on duty at 6:30 tomorrow.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Shannonsto - I know that feeling too well. Hang in there

@888Angie888 - I hope you time away is for vacation. Enjoy it if it is

@tahm42 - same here! Sometimes a migraine will hit in the middle of the night and I still can’t get my butt out of bed

@Poobah1972 - nice walk

@iradi8 - what a big step in her life. You must be a proud momma
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 282.2
    CW: 280.2
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym last night and did just weights, I think it was all I could muster after work lol ...but now omg I feel achy i went for it big time so maybe I will just do weights a day a week when I am working. So feeling good at the moment lost another 2 pounds this week ..its really starting to build up now and had a few NSV with clothes this week, can't wait to see where I am in 6 months time!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Guess it hasn't been a happy tuesday. Scales mocking us, people sick, leaving, frustrated. Life gives us lemons and sometimes expects us to made tea from it.

Check in for 8/17:
    Steps - 6719. Not much here. Small walk tonight to complete steps. Keep getting dizzy.
    Calories - 1360. Decent dinner and stayed away from dessert for a change. Need to do that more.
    Exercise - 1.09 mile walk in 22 minutes. At least I am getting some. Afraid to push it.

I don't know if I will ever get my compression socks. The company I chose isn't returning my phone calls, the v.a. won't let me change, saying to give them more time. It's only been 3 weeks and they want to give them a couple months. I think I will go pay the v.a. a visit soon if nothing is done this week.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Great attitude, and enjoy that rest you certainly did earn every minute of it!

@rwood566 You would think socks wouldn't be that hard to get your hands on... Must be frustrating. 😡

@jayenguk Your doing amazing man... Great work on nailing that 2 pound loss.

@azkunk Great looking day, I'm routing for you come weigh in day! :)

Happy Hump Day! 🎉

I wasn't quite feeling the gusto this morning, but was still bound and determined to get a full elliptical session in. I was pretty stiff from yesterday's walk (It seems like more than a day ago... Strange), but it's fair to say the elliptical loosened me up somewhat.

I went into this morning with the intention of pushing my heart rate, and going past my comfort zones. And I decided to do that in an HIIT type fashion. Where I'd go hard and fast for short intervals of 30 seconds reaching a pace of between 12 - 13.5 minutes per mile, and then I'd ease off for 1.5 minutes.... So on and so forth. This wasn't a set plan of course, it sort of just evolved into that as I went. But it appears to have worked. I hit 167 HR on the Elliptical, the highest I've managed on it so far.

Tonight, is Chest / Triceps and Shoulders... Probably my favorite weight day cause it's not hard. (well not as hard as back or leg day). 😋

And tomorrow morning the ole boxing gloves come out... Yo Adrian!!! 😅

Have an amazing day everyone! 🤗🤗🤗

hmg2doig3gwu.png
This discussion has been closed.