Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 10,323

Hubby and I are still negative. I am going to fly with my daughter Sunday and my son and husband wednesday.

@lindamtuck2018 can I please be excuse from weigh in next two weeks pls for vacation.

Glad you guys are negative. Hope your kids recover quickly. Enjoy your vacation!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Leaving to go home tomorrow around noon. Catch up with you guys then.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 11095

I'm surprised at my steps because I didn't really do any intentional work out. My nieces were here all day so I naturally move more due to that, I walk my son to and from school now so there's that, I mowed the lawn in the afternoon, and worked on consignment stuff in the evening after the kids went to bed. More moving than I realized I was doing I guess!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Sorry this is late.

Check in for 8/19:
    Steps 4554 lazy day
    Calories 1467 double portion of ice cream. Had plenty of room in calories and needed to make room in the freezer.
    Exercise none. Shopped a bit with wife and strolled part way around block to top off the steps.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 286.2
    CW:284.2. -2 LBS
    LTD: 282. Only 1 pound until half size.

Recovered from the ultra fat meal and excess salt.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Nice walk with the dog! Liking all the checks for yesterday.

@Poobah1972
    Great flex! You are looking good. Enjoy your leg workout tonight.

@lmf1012
    Nice steps!

@Tazaria87
    That’s a great check in. It’s nice that you get to walk your son back and forth to school.

@rwood566
    Awesome loss! Extra ice cream is always a plus especially when it fits into our day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Tuesday (17th)
    steps 7,413

Wednesday (18th)
    Steps 9,009
    Swim
    30 minutes moderate

Thursday (19th)
    Steps 11,603
    Swim
    28 minutes moderate
    43 minutes leisurely
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am back though sun burned and exhausted. We had a ton of fun this week. On Tuesday we didn’t do a lot but we took the grandkids to look at a couple of nearby beaches. Wednesday was a rainy day so after breakfast we headed outside to dance and play in the rain. We spent the afternoon at an arcade. It cleared up later in the day so we took our grandkids for a quick swim. Thursday my husband, daughter, son-in-law and grandkids went kayaking at Point Pelee National Park. I walked and then read while they were kayaking. We then went to the beach for swimming and a picnic lunch. Evenings were a blast playing games.

I didn’t track my food while I was gone. It will be interesting to see what the scale shows tomorrow. I was very mindful of how much I ate. All our meals were made at the cottage except for pizza today. Anyways, back to measuring and logging.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Steps for 8/19
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 165.8
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 165.8

Hi Laura, looks like were coming on strong. Great work! :smiley:
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 286.2
    CW:284.2. -2 LBS
    LTD: 282. Only 1 pound until half size.

Recovered from the ultra fat meal and excess salt.

Rachel with a another 2 for the TEAM.... YEAH WHOooooo!!! :smiley:
    I am back though sun burned and exhausted. We had a ton of fun this week. On Tuesday we didn’t do a lot but we took the grandkids to look at a couple of nearby beaches. Wednesday was a rainy day so after breakfast we headed outside to dance and play in the rain. We spent the afternoon at an arcade. It cleared up later in the day so we took our grandkids for a quick swim. Thursday my husband, daughter, son-in-law and grandkids went kayaking at Point Pelee National Park. I walked and then read while they were kayaking. We then went to the beach for swimming and a picnic lunch. Evenings were a blast playing games.

I didn’t track my food while I was gone. It will be interesting to see what the scale shows tomorrow. I was very mindful of how much I ate. All our meals were made at the cottage except for pizza today. Anyways, back to measuring and logging.

Welcome back, and enjoy your new skin colour? Hopefully it don't hurt to much. :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY NIGHT IS HERE!!! Let the party begin... 🥳💃🎉🎈🥳

Kay now party... But we had a great workout and that's worth clasping our hands together and shouting "IRON MASTERS!!!!" 😆😁😀😎🥰

LEG DAY Recap...

So as planned, I'm going ahead and using hooks to assist me in firmly holding the "big-time" weights when Deadlifting and completing Shrugs tonight and Bent over DB rows on back day. And I'm certain it made all the difference in my success today. 😀

I hit all 10 reps for my first 2 sets of 265-pound Hex Bar Deadlifts... and I was hopeful of hitting 10 reps in my final set, but I made the mistake of completely relaxing before starting the 9th rep, and I completely unloaded the tension in my legs... Note to self DON'T DO THAT. I wasn't able to get the 9th rep up as a result. DOH!!! 😐🙄

No worries though, this was a fantastic result... So fantastic I've decided to try a 10-pound jump next week. And I'll be happy if I can even hit just 5 or 6 reps. Afterall the biggest strength gains happen in this lower rep range anyway. So why not go for it. 👍

Also, very happy to report, my back felt strong today. No discomfort what so ever. 😋

Fair to say, the rest of the workout went equally well, I'll be moving up across the board. Leg Extensions, check. Leg curls were particularly stronger than last week. Shrugs, Check. Even my Calf Raises were much stronger, then I remember in fact they didn't even burn that much, which makes me think I need to make them harder. 🤔😀

MINOR SPOILER / NERD ALERT - I've gone ahead and ordered a complete set of COC aka "Captain of Crush" Grippers... These are the Gold Standard in Grip strength trainers. There are 11 of them in Total, and the first one only needs 60lb of force to close with your hand, whereas the last one requires 365 pounds of force. In fact, there are less then handful of people in the entire world that can successfully close the last one. (I don't expect to ever be able to do so with one hand... However, it will be fun to try heck even if I can do it with 2 hands one day. lol)

So why? Cause grip strength is important that's why. And I can bring them to work and use them Monday, Wednesday and Friday... Building strength in my spare time whenever I feel like it. lol

So why again? Well, because I can now use the hooks and get peak gains from the Deadlifts, Rows where they count the most... And with the grippers I can still get maximum gains on grip strength. It's a total WIN WIN. Heck I even got the different small bands that you utilize to exercise the opening of the hand instead of the closing, using these are recommended so you can kind of unwind from all the fist clenching and maintain muscle symmetry between the muscles the close the hand and those that open it. 🤓😁😀😋

NERD ALERT - Complete.

Anywhoo, I'll definitely post up a pic of these bad boys when they arrive.

Now a little bit on Lynn... She's a complete freaking Warrior Woman. Fair to say she did equally well today. Just nailed every set of her squats at 65 pounds... Nailed it with almost ease compared to last week. So proud of that woman. She may come in a small package, but she has a heart of a Giant! 😍🥰😍😎😀

The Calorie burn... Off the hook.

Celebratory meal.... Hell yes.

That's that folks... Another completely successful week at Club Poobah! 😅

0ffum45krpv7.jpg
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I'm on vacation without a way to weigh in, so I'll be missing this week's weigh-in. Will weigh in next Friday.

Thanks!
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you enjoyed your friday. Use the weekend for recovery.

Check in for 8/20:
    Steps - 6603 shopping mostly
    Calories - 1595
    Exercise - gym at 630AM. Ugh. 11 machines. Took an hour. Didn't even try the bike before breakfast. I hope for a walk tomorrow but I just got a lump on the bottom of a foot. Hope it will go away while I sleep.

@lindamtuck2018 welcome home. Enjoy your reminder of the fun you had. Aloe helps.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so the weekend again it comes by so fast..off to the gym today and to fix a broken tap! feeling good about things my "smaller" clothes are fitting better each day I wear them ..I'm looking forward to wednesday to WI
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Friday 08/20

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 4/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506
    08/16 - 13,363
    08/17 - 12,334
    08/18 - 5,175
    08/19 - 17,920
    08/20 - 11,067

Happy Saturday Team!!

Guess what. I hit 10,000 steps at 7:15 am!! Lol that’s my new record. Headed out for a day in Basel with the family. See you guys later today or tomorrow ♥️

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    aly2azjmdcnb.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.