@mthomas0228 - 6/7
    @tahm42 - 7/7
    @Shannonsto - 6/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

Amazing work everyone!!! you guys ROCK! 🤗😎
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @lindamtuck2018 I am heading out of town and will be with intermittent internet access and no scale for the next couple of weeks. Could you take me off the step challenge and weigh-ins. I will be back to normal (????) life after Labor Day. Best wishes to all.

I moved you to support until then. See you in September.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday Evening from Poohville! 😃

Lynn and I just had the most amazing workout... Seriously we both nailed everything and made some serious gains. 💪

Lynn is absolutely thrilled with herself, and she has every reason to be. And I'm thrilled for the both of us. 🥳

Tonight, was Back / Triceps and Shoulders

This was the first time I got to fully incorporate the new Spot Grips system into my workout... And holy smokes I love these things! Talk about peace of mind. 😎

I used it both for the Chest Press and the shoulder press... And in both cases, it was super comfortable, no worries about failing and hurting myself.. No issues getting into position with the weight... As everything was just where I wanted it.

To make matters even better... I handled both exercises with great form and control through the whole range.. And no discomfort at all. Which means next week I'm moving back to the weight I was at prior to the injury for Bench press.... And that is just FANTASTIC! And I'm already past where I was with the Shoulder press.

The Tricep motions are still mildly uncomfortable on my right shoulder... But still improving, more reps, more weight. (Almost back to where I was)

And I finally found a close out to the day involving my shoulders that I think I might just love.... Gone are the shoulder raises (front/side/back) and in its place I've added a super set of.

Plate Pullovers 3 sets @ 45lb x 15-20 reps (at some point I guess I'll have to use a Dumbbell instead?)
    Standing Front Plate Raises 3 sets @ 25LB x 15-20 Reps (Banjo and I think Andrew get some credit for me coming up with this superset idea. Thanks guys.) 😁

So basically, I do 1 set of pullovers followed immediately by a set of Plate raises before taking a rest....

They both use different muscles so no worries at all.. And since I'm doing them back-to-back you can see by the heart rate chart, I'm getting my largest burn of the day.... And I can feel it which is perfect. 💪🔥

Granted pullovers hit mostly certain parts of the chest and stretch certain parts of the back.. But it all hinges around the shoulders and since it is chest day, I think it's a great and economical addition.

Okay... That's it... Good night my friends, and just keep going for it! 🤗😎😃😁

PS... Yes that pepper made that wrap extremely spicy. 🔥 🔥 🔥 I love it. 😆

19mxbt3svdix.jpg
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Been a few days since I checked in. My cold or whatever it was is nearly gone and I got back to the gym tonight! Spin class is starting to get easier - I’m noticing I can pedal faster and at higher resistance! It is very satisfying! I also just started a weight lifting program at home to complement days I can’t get to the gym for Bodypump. Food has been a little hit and miss lately, but never outrageously so. Still tracking which is most important! Enjoying reading everyone’s updates. Also trying to up my steps by pairing phone calls with out of state family and friends with walking.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    8/15 10,143
    8/16 13,873
    8/17 10,190
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Check in for 8/18:
    Steps - 13342
    Calories- 1570 but very high in sodium.
    Exercise - 5.67 mile walk in 1:51. Felt good to finally stretch it out again. Nice and cloudy and 70s.

I had a cheap NSV. For the first time in over 20 years I bought some underwear from a normal store. I have been stuck paying 10 bucks per pair at the big and tall. I spent 15 bucks on 6 pair. I will be getting more soon.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Wednesday 08/18

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✖️10k steps daily
    ✖️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506
    08/16 - 13,363
    08/17 - 12,334
    08/18 - 5,175

Blessed Thursday team. I didn’t have the best day yesterday but it’s gonna be a write off as I just decided for it to be a relax no stress day.

Today, got my workout in and now I’m ready to get the day started!

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    37twgr5pla9n.jpeg
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps, checking in for the day... off to the gym today but boy my legs are feeling it after the last session, but I love the feeling cos I know its making some gains. So today I am going to aim for 10 miles on the bike and some rowing with some more weights for added pleasure. Its my day off today so cant take my time and enjoy the gym. Hope you all have a great day! peace out ..jay
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Username missymarea0612
    Weigh In Day:Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.5
    CW (Current Weight): 211.3

Going down! YEah! Nice job.
  • Poobah1972
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Been a few days since I checked in. My cold or whatever it was is nearly gone and I got back to the gym tonight! Spin class is starting to get easier - I’m noticing I can pedal faster and at higher resistance! It is very satisfying! I also just started a weight lifting program at home to complement days I can’t get to the gym for Bodypump. Food has been a little hit and miss lately, but never outrageously so. Still tracking which is most important! Enjoying reading everyone’s updates. Also trying to up my steps by pairing phone calls with out of state family and friends with walking.

Sounds like your making great strides and loving it.... Great steps too. Your going places. ;)
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.

Check in for 8/18:
    Steps - 13342
    Calories- 1570 but very high in sodium.
    Exercise - 5.67 mile walk in 1:51. Felt good to finally stretch it out again. Nice and cloudy and 70s.

I had a cheap NSV. For the first time in over 20 years I bought some underwear from a normal store. I have been stuck paying 10 bucks per pair at the big and tall. I spent 15 bucks on 6 pair. I will be getting more soon.

That's a great NSV.... One I can appreciate it. Cause I'm definately still Mr. Big and Tall.. Heck i have short legs and a long torso so I'll be doing so for awhile. Very happy for you Rachel! :)

Daily Check-in: Wednesday 08/18

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✖️10k steps daily
    ✖️2L water daily

Steps:

08/15 - 12,506
    08/16 - 13,363
    08/17 - 12,334
    08/18 - 5,175

Blessed Thursday team. I didn’t have the best day yesterday but it’s gonna be a write off as I just decided for it to be a relax no stress day.

Today, got my workout in and now I’m ready to get the day started!

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    37twgr5pla9n.jpeg

Good morning Mari... I wouldn't call a rest day a right off. No cardio for me tomorrow morning... I can sleep in till like 5am. lol

Have an amazing day, and say hi to your friend for me. :wink:
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    GOOoood Thursday Morning? Or is it? 🤔🙃😃

Were at the beginning of pretty much another heat wave here... Which means the bedroom fan was on Turbo, and sleep was uneasy at best? I managed only 4.5 hours of broken sleep, and still somehow managed at sleep score of 61. I had my alarm set to 4:10am in an effort to get some extra time boxing this morning. 😑

I was up before the alarm, and sure as heck wasn't moving very quick. I thought to myself, "stay in bed"... "Take it easy". But then I remembered, I had taken the extra care to take the bag out and hang it last night. Boxing Today means I can take cardio off tomorrow morning, saving my legs for leg day. Boxing today also somewhat saves my legs ensuring they are the freshest they can be for Tomorrow. And most importantly, choosing to stay in bed "unscheduled" leads to more of the same. And that's a slippery slope I don't want any part of. So, GET YOUR DAMN *kitten* OUT OF BED AND DO THE WORK!!! 😳😆💪👍😃😎

By the time I did get my *kitten* down there and all set to go, I had enough time for a solid full 12 rounds of boxing... I ended up having a Fitbit malfunction after the 11th round and the strap came off my arm. Which meant I had to take off my gloves, pause the round and re-strap my Fitbit and put it back on. It's too much of a pain in the *kitten* to put the gloves on again... So, I just jumped on the Elliptical and did the final 3-minute round there. What an amazing workout.

I've sort of settled on a pattern that makes the round go by pretty quickly... Not sure if patterns are wise but it sort of goes like this.

10 Right paw Jabs
    10 Left Paw Jabs
    10 Left Jab / Right Cross Combo's
    10 Right Jab / Left Cross Combo's
    15 Right Hook / Left Hook Combo's
    10 Right Knee , step around , Left Knees in time to bag... (20 knee's total)

Then there is usually around 45 seconds left where I just mix it all up, hooks, crosses, jabs, upcuts, and I just keep it up as best as I can till the bell rings.... I try to keep moving my feet the entire time. And I try to step into each punch and or combo. 🥊😋🥊

You know as hard as it seems to get out of bed and get into the exercise room... Once you get there it's usually never as bad as you feared it would be. In fact, once the blood starts flowing you'll be glad you did. (for the most part anyway. 😉)

Have an amazing day Guys. (Hopefully It will be early to bed for me tonight... My muscles need some rest time too.). 💪💤

🤗🙂🤗

fgosl3naouvv.png
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    sorry for the delay in weighing- Gael had her procedure yesterday and it's just been a whirlwind of a week so far

Idk what is going on with my weight- I have been pretty stationary but IDK why I gained so much this week :/

CW- 294.6

I think that's a 6lb and change gain.

I'm not going to take it hard, or at least try not to, my body is just not co-operating lol

It'll be down next week I hope!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,323

Hubby and I are still negative. I am going to fly with my daughter Sunday and my son and husband wednesday.

@lindamtuck2018 can I please be excuse from weigh in next two weeks pls for vacation.
This discussion has been closed.