Thurs 12,018
    Fri 13,854
    Sat 17,750
    Barre 20 min
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Exercise 09/25 - 9150 steps + 15 mins yoga + 10 mins stationary bike

Welcome back @PlaneMonkey ... great to hear from you and looking forward to having you back on the team!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @PlaneMonkey - we've missed you!

I stepped on the scales this morning and was pleased to see that I weighed 0.5kg less than my last check in. After the week we've had, I'll take that. :smile:

I've been for a run today and spent the whole time worrying about my dressing not staying in place. The run definitely affected my back but the dressing held up, so I'm feeling more confident about my training session tomorrow. I am so ready to get back into that, as it's been weeks between my trainer being on holiday, then him having to isolate, followed by my holiday.

I'm catching up on admin and one of those tasks is the meal plan and shopping list. I have chosen some meals and just need to plan which days we'll do what. I'm going to make at least one soup this week too - carrot and sweet potato - the other is a spicy Moroccan soup that I love but it's a lot of effort as the lamb needs dicing into 1cm cubes so I may not get that done.

I've decided against the soup maker as they only do 2-4 portions, and will continue to make them in the big cast iron casserole dish with a hand blender. Saves us space too. The £100 is going towards the second freezer instead which is probably more useful to us anyway.

This week I'm going to focus on tracking everything, including my water intake. I'm not going to put a specific goal for exercise as OH thinks I need to see the nurse about my back and I have a feeling I might end up very sore after she's done with it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0oaLo6UCy_LEw6iBTxtLfJ24mNck8LbEpQ&usqp=CAU

m3c3tvyz8s8o.png

tfbmoig7qhkm.png

TEAM RESULTS
    By Percent
    s4ndlldneavv.png
    By Pounds
    qlng6ell0gvu.png

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
    By Percent
    3jtdx63sqcwa.png
    By Pounds
    qcb2rgptxrou.png
    471u43au3avq.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)
    70t4ox175j8z.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Team!

Here are my step and exercise stats for the past week:

19th September - 3,073
    20th September - 5,107 / 25 mins Yoga
    21st September - 7,843
    22nd September - 1,789 / 9 mins Yoga / 52 mins Quads & Lower Abs [Epic 1 Day 43]
    23rd September - 9,431
    24th September - 2,247 / 10 mins Yoga / 70 mins Full Body Dumbbell workout [Epic 1 Day 44]
    25th September - 7,124

Could be better, but I have a cunning plan for next week!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar yes I will be sticking with Wednesday. I find it's the right balance to refocus my efforts after usually overindulging on the weekends.

We took the boat out of the water for the end of the season today. *sigh*
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 165.4

Hey, I guess I kind of owe an explanation for going MIA all of a sudden. It's kind of a long story but the short of it is that my personal life blew up, then my professional one did, I gained a bunch of weight and was ashamed, and basically I've been in run-and-hide mode for 2 straight weeks.

I hit rock bottom on Friday night and now I guess it's time to start picking up the pieces.

I think somehow, things are sort of OK though. My personal life is in a holding pattern and my professional life is... something, I'm still employed at least. I'm exhausted and lonely and full of doubt but I'm alive, which is not what I thought I would be at 1 am Saturday morning while hugging the toilet. :/

Am I ever glad to see you back! It sounds like you have been through the wringer, but you're here after running and hiding. Yay!!! You don't need to be full of doubt that this is your team, we're ready to hear it all and help you pick up the pieces. :heart:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    Its that time again for recruiting ... if you know anybody who would like to join please ask them to sign up
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10844838/registration-for-new-members-october-2021#latest
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    PW 157
    CW 157
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @bonnie_red :)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

In other news, Jeff and I are getting remarried on 12/18/21!!!!!
    woo hoo!! that's exciting!! congratulations. <3
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    just a short update to log steps & exercise this week:

Sun: 14,952
    Mon: 16,644 +49 min glutes & hamstrings (Epic Day 41)
    Tues: 19,519 +49 min shoulders & core (Epic Day 42)
    Wed: 12,358
    Thurs: 12,478
    Fri: 15,265 +51 min quads & abs (Epic Day 43)
    Sat: 17,733

Up later than I would like to be right now but the Packers game just ended (we won in semi-dramatic fashion) and I need to conk out immediately. Didn't get many steps today due to the traffic-heavy drive back from the Cape but my weekend was great! [Will not have a super fun weigh-in Tuesday but there ya go].
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Terytha Sounds like things have been heavy, your check-ins have been missed and it's nice to see you back.

@DD265 Hope the training session goes well despite the back situation... :#

Congrats to our winners this week and way to go @AshenMoon on making multiple leaderboards for the week!

@evangsimmons170 Just under three months until the wedding date, how exciting!! Congrats <3

@bonnie_red Welcome to the team, so fun to have another family connection... looking forward to getting to know you.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Brad and I had a very nice weekend. Yesterday was filled with quite a bit of fun and right before dinner I stopped tracking - it just got too complicated. He took me to one of my favorite small plates restaurants in Calgary and there were too many components and it was just going to be guessing. Rather than fret I just enjoyed myself and today I got back into a deficit. I was supposed to be on a planned two week diet break starting Thursday but after the week prior not really going as planned weight loss wise followed by the first few days of the break being maintenance or more, I didn't feel like I could mentally handle what would more likely be some additional gain over the next while.

It sort of plays in to some earlier discussion about a goal weight number... I do have places I want to be in my head... for the week, for the month, by my birthday... etc. However I agree that setting too strict of a timeframe around things isn't necessarily helpful. I think I've just been having a few moments in my mind of "what if I'm backsliding here..."

Like @jugar said a few days ago, when I look at my progress over this past month, there is nothing to be worried about, but I've caught myself in a few moments the past few days of feeling negative, and that's not where I want to be.

Just reminds me that what we're all doing here is hard! If it was easy we wouldn't be here for support.
This discussion has been closed.